Sign in to follow this  
Bouve

Terrell Owens signs 1 year deal With Buffalo Bills

According to ESPN.

update: 1 year deal with 6.5 million guaranteed per Jay Glazer.

<<<Is a happy Trent Edwards owner in two dynasty leagues... :pointstosky:

I just mentioned reports had him visiting Buffalo in a thread below. I didn't think he'd actually sign there though.

I could have guessed 30 times and I still wouldn't have guessed the Bills. Really surprising. :pointstosky:

I wouldn't have guessed it either, but it does make sense for them. They desperately needed another receiving threat aside from Evans.

Pressures gonna be on Edwards this year.

as a Bills fan, I'm in total shock

do I cancel my season tix ???

Hell no! T.O. is awesome! :pointstosky:

He's one of the best athletes you'll ever get to watch in any sport. It's all the more reason for you to make sure you go and watch him play on Sundays.

At the end of the day I don't think many teams were willing to even consider Owens so it does not shock me to basically see him sign so quickly after he was cut. Rosenhaus said he had some teams lined up but as far as I can see this was the first team that he actually visited.

At the end of the day I don't think many teams were willing to even consider Owens so it does not shock me to basically see him sign so quickly after he was cut. Rosenhaus said he had some teams lined up but as far as I can see this was the first team that he actually visited.

The fact he took a 1-year deal makes you wonder just how much interest any other teams really had in him too. I wonder how much their paying him.

The fact he took a 1-year deal makes you wonder just how much interest any other teams really had in him too. I wonder how much their paying him.

Maybe he hopes to have another 1300 and 10 TD year and be able to grab another big contract elsewhere. Although Buffalo isn't really an ideal situation for him. Sketchy QB play and poetential for poor passing weather late in the season may affect his numbers greatly.

As far as contract goes, I would guess he got a 1-2 million signing bonus and a base contract of around 2-3 million with perhaps some escalators based on performance. :pointstosky:

Brilliant move by the Bills. They probably were only going win 5 games next year and had generated no interest. They have been irrelevent for almost a decade and now they will be the talk of the NFL. Their season tickets will not drop like they probably would have since most bills fans are angry Jauron wasn't fired.

Brilliant move by the Bills. They probably were only going win 5 games next year and had generated no interest. They have been irrelevent for almost a decade and now they will be the talk of the NFL. Their season tickets will not drop like they probably would have since most bills fans are angry Jauron wasn't fired.

That about sums it up :dunno:

Buffalo has the right idea...he's a great one year investment. He can help the team and draw fans but he doesn't have time to reach the comfort level to be a cancer to the team.

he doesn't have time to reach the comfort level to be a cancer to the team.

Give him a month :dunno:

as a Pats fan, I'm not happy to see the Bills get TO.

the Bills have no place to go but up... there wasn't really much team there for TO to "ruin".

So now NE has to see TO twice next year?

TO's an ass.

TO's got mental problems.

and TO can win football games all by himself.

so no, this NE fan isn't happy that TO could get up for both NE games and TO could shred NEs defense.

Will BUF suddenly be a playoff team because of TO? nope

but they now have one weapon that could, on any given Sunday, take down any team in the NFL.

Hell no! T.O. is awesome! :dunno:

He's one of the best athletes you'll ever get to watch in any sport. It's all the more reason for you to make sure you go and watch him play on Sundays.

I agree he's awesome but Edwards doesn't have the mental power to deal with what T.O. brings.... i feel bad for the kid.... he's just not good :doh:

Well that sure was out of left field. I'm more interested to see what this does to Lee Evans numbers.

can't hurt s my view.. can't hurt

Give him a month :cheers:

I don't recall him being a problem in his first year with any of his previous teams, and this move will most likely be a positive for the Bills in both revenue and performance.

I don't recall him being a problem in his first year with any of his previous teams, and this move will most likely be a positive for the Bills in both revenue and performance.

:cheers:

Hell no! T.O. is awesome! :cheers:

you mean watch him skulk and whine and scream he isnt getting the ball enough :dunno:

you mean watch him skulk and whine and scream he isnt getting the ball enough :dunno:

theyll leave him in canada if thats the case :cheers:

theyll leave him in canada if thats the case :cheers:

I have a spare room that has been vacant since Ricky Williams left me :dunno:

you mean watch him skulk and whine and scream he isnt getting the ball enough :cheers:

Who else are they going to throw it to?

Lee Evans... Evans finally has someone to take pass coverage attention away from him.

One-year deal works well. Owens, Evans, Josh Reed, Roscoe Parrish and Steve Johnson makes for a pretty damn good receiving corp. now. No excuses now Edwards. Easily the strangest out of the blue sports story with a Buffalo team that I've ever seen. May as well try something different.

This is going to be interesting... A cancer is going to try and infect a team that already has Leukemia...

I agree he's awesome but Edwards doesn't have the mental power to deal with what T.O. brings.... i feel bad for the kid.... he's just not good :cheers:

what makes you say that out of curiosity?

Another year where TO will not play in a playoff win. What is that, 10 straight now?

he will be playing against randy moss twice a year ;)

Moss vs Owens twice a year? These guys do not like each other. Get your popcorn ready!

I agree he's awesome but Edwards doesn't have the mental power to deal with what T.O. brings.... i feel bad for the kid.... he's just not good :dunno:

:huh: ;)

Not sure where this is coming from. Do you have a link?

:pointstosky:

I can't believe T.O. will be a Buffalo Bill. There's no way it works out, not with such average QB play on a team going nowhere. I thought Owens might get picked up by a semi-contender, but I never saw this coming. I never did believe he was going somewhere like Oakland precisely because it's a dead-end team with sub-standard QB play, but he winds up in Buffalo which isn't that much better. Unbelievable. I expect to see him demand a trade or a release very early in the season, when he realizes what he's done.

Another year where TO will not play in a playoff win. What is that, 10 straight now?

No. During the 2002 season when the 49ers surged to win the NFC Western division and earned a home playoff date against the New York Giants. In that game the 49ers produced the second-greatest comeback in NFL playoff history by coming back from a 24 point deficit (14-38) and winning 39-38 behind notable performances from Garcia and Owens. -wikipedia

I agree he's awesome but Edwards doesn't have the mental power to deal with what T.O. brings.... i feel bad for the kid.... he's just not good :music_guitarred:

Actually if you read about Edwards his mentallity is quite strong. All of his teammates go to bat for him. Of course dealing with the ups and downs of the woeful Bills and dealing with what Terrell Owens brings are two different things. I would think even though all of the Bills seem to be more than excited to have Owens come aboard they are sold on Trent Edwards and will have his back if Owens tries...when Owens throws him under the bus.

More than anything this shows how pathetic of a person Owens really is. With all of his talent and the many playoff caliber teams that desperatly need a wide receiver, his only choice was the Bills. The Titans, Chargers, Ravens and others could use a talent like him to get them into the Super Bowl, yet they all passed due to his past failures as a teammate. What a waste of a player!

Too funny... T.O. has a hard time catching the ball when he can feel his hands. Somewhere Braylon Edwards is smiling :music_guitarred:

I still remember some of those FG attempts in that crazy wind (I think it was a game vs the Pats when the goalposts kept getting blown askew). I think if you were going to wish something ill on someone it would be having to play WR for Buffalo w/ Trent or JP under center, the wind at about 30-40 mph on a 15 degree day and having to block all day because your team can't throw the ball.

TOO FUNNY! Hey, but Rosenhaus said he could get him a deal :headbanger: