Sign in to follow this  
MTSkiBum

Which RB's are going to repeat their top 10 performance?

Number of RB's who repeated top 10 performance from the previous season, non PPR.

2001 3

2002 4

2003 6

2004 3

2005 5

2006 4

2007 3

2008 4

Average: 4.1 RB's from last seasons top 10 repeat their top 10 performance

The 4 that repeated last season were: LT, Westy, AP, and Portis.

Last years top 10 were.

1. DeAngelo Williams

2. Michael Turner

3. Adrian Peterson

4. Matt Forte

5. Thomas Jones

6. Steve Slaton

7. LaDainian Tomlinson

8. Clinton Portis

9. Maurice Jones-Drew

10. Brian Westbrook

Which 6 guys do you see falling out of the top 10?

With 1 being most likely to fall out and 6 being least likely my list is:

1. Thomas Jones (Age, injury issues, Leon Washington, and number of career carries)

2. Clinton Portis (Age, injury issues, and number of career carries)

3. Westbrook (Age, injury issues, and number of career carries)

4. Forte (low YPC, and playing with a bad offense)

5. LT (Age, workload, and Sproles eating into his touches)

6. Turner (He hit the mythical 371 F/Carry mark.)

I'll say Thomas Jones, Bret Favre did open up the offense more, creating more running room.

Westbrook, not only age/injuries, but their O-line being re-vamped could be key problem.

OOPs, read it wrong, thought it said wouldn't

The 4 who stay will be AP, Turner, MJD and .... LT

next in line will be Forte then DeAngelo

I'd say the most likely to stay in are 1. Adrian Peterson, 2. Maurice Jones-Drew, 3. Matt Forte, 4. Clinton Portis

The others I would say are unlikely to be in the top 10 next year.

These guys will not be in the top 10 in '09

D. Williams

M. Forte

T. Jones

S. Slaton

B. Westbrook

1. DeAngelo Williams - Oh yes, ff :banana: - IN

2. Michael Turner - hard choice between MT and SS for the final position - I'm going with Steve Slaton

3. Adrian Peterson - IN - no need to explain, he does get one of these though :mad:

4. Matt Forte - defenses will shut him down - under 10td's for the year 1100 total yards

5. Thomas Jones - leon td washington = darren sproles of last year - lurking

6. Steve Slaton - IN -hard choice between Turner and Slaton 4 #4, but I like Slaton to repeat - IN

7. LaDainian Tomlinson - it's been a good run, he's lead many of fftodayer's to their championship, love yes, but gone

8. Clinton Portis - something about his usual 1350+10td's doesn't seem as 100% - Haynesworth smushes him n practice

9. Maurice Jones-Drew - IN - signing of Tra Thomas - has to help, WR issues could be set back - but IN

10. Brian Westbrook - this team will crumble mid season, Mcnaab throws up in an interview, just total chaos

:unsure:

9. Maurice Jones-Drew - IN - signing of Tra Thomas - has to help, WR issues could be set back - but IN

The article I read in Morning Call paper, Thomas stated run blocking is his weakness :unsure:

The article I read in Morning Call paper, Thomas stated run blocking is his weakness :unsure:

But is it really any worse than Barnes?

Impending free agent LT Khalif Barnes is reportedly no longer in the Jaguars plans.

The Jags don't have a replacement lined up, so it will be a position of need if Barnes is allowed to walk. Barnes was one of the worst left tackles in the league in 2008. He never improved after a promising 2005 rookie year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpag...NFL&id=3164

Last years top 10 were.

1. DeAngelo Williams - out

2. Michael Turner - in

3. Adrian Peterson - in

4. Matt Forte - in

5. Thomas Jones - out

6. Steve Slaton - out

7. LaDainian Tomlinson - out

8. Clinton Portis - out

9. Maurice Jones-Drew - in

10. Brian Westbrook - out

will update later...changing of the guard this year...

Number of RB's who repeated top 10 performance from the previous season, non PPR.

2001 3

2002 4

2003 6

2004 3

2005 5

2006 4

2007 3

2008 4

Average: 4.1 RB's from last seasons top 10 repeat their top 10 performance

The 4 that repeated last season were: LT, Westy, AP, and Portis.

Last years top 10 were.

1. DeAngelo Williams

2. Michael Turner

3. Adrian Peterson

4. Matt Forte

5. Thomas Jones

6. Steve Slaton

7. LaDainian Tomlinson

8. Clinton Portis

9. Maurice Jones-Drew

10. Brian Westbrook

With 1 being most likely to fall out and 6 being least likely my list is:

1. Thomas Jones (Age, injury issues, Leon Washington, and number of career carries)

2. Clinton Portis (Age, injury issues, and number of career carries)

3. Westbrook (Age, injury issues, and number of career carries)

4. Forte (low YPC, and playing with a bad offense)

5. LT (Age, workload, and Sproles eating into his touches)

6. Turner (He hit the mythical 371 F/Carry mark.)

i pretty much agree. TJones, Portis, Westbrook, and LT don't make it. Turner and Forte are question marks. Repeats = AP, Dwill, Slaton, MJD. Now, who are some candidates to replace the guys who fall out?

Chris Johnson. Frank Gore. Steven Jackson. MBIII? Brandon Jacobs?

Likely to stay in the top 10 - ADP, Westy, MJD, D-Will

Borderline on returning to top 10 - Forte, LT, Turner

Out of the top 10 - T.Jones, Slaton, Portis

Likely candidates to move into the top 10 - MB3, Reggie, Ronnie, CJ3, Jacobs, Gore, Addai

Outside chance to make it - Ward, Kevin Smith, D-Mac, Moreno or Greene (depending on where they end up), Mendenhall, Stewart

Actual Top 10 Prediction:

1. MJD

2. ADP

3. Westy

4. MB3

5. Jacobs

5. Ronnie

6. CJ3

7. D-Will

8. Reggie

9. Gore

10. Addai

Last years top 10 were.

1. DeAngelo Williams

2. Michael Turner

3. Adrian Peterson

4. Matt Forte

5. Thomas Jones

6. Steve Slaton

7. LaDainian Tomlinson

8. Clinton Portis

9. Maurice Jones-Drew

10. Brian Westbrook

will update later...changing of the guard this year...

Ok, I've given it a bit of thought and reconsidered a bit...

1. DeAngelo Williams - In. stays in top 10, but finishes much lower

2. Michael Turner - In. Turner will break the string of 370/f guys having down seasons and will stay a top 10 back. He's got low mileage except for 1 season and I think he still finishes top 10.

3. Adrian Peterson - In. top 10 regardless, too talented to keep out.

4. Matt Forte - In. Stays but drops a bit.

5. Thomas Jones - Out of the top 10, age and QB/WR concerns will knock the Jets RB's down.

6. Steve Slaton - Out. Houston is clearly looking for a backfield mate for Slaton, I think because they believe he won't last a whole season.

7. LaDainian Tomlinson - Out. Reduced role in the Chargers offense and Sproles will push him out finally.

8. Clinton Portis - Out. Age and nagging injuries are taking their toll on Portis.

9. Maurice Jones-Drew - In, but I don't think he's going to finish as a top 5 back. J'ville offensive line is worse than advertised, there are no WR, Garrard isn't a great QB and I don't think MJD can do it by himself.

10. Brian Westbrook - Out. Philly is also clearly looking for someone to lighten the load on Westbrook.

I've got 5 of last year's top 10 repeating.

Guys most to likely break in:

Joseph Addai, Chris Johnson, Brandon Jacobs, Marion Barber, Kevin Smith, Jonathan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall, 2 rookies (depends on who ends up where), Ronnie Brown, Marshawn Lynch.

Out of that list, I like Chris Johnson, Kevin Smith, Ronnie Brown, Marshawn Lynch (providing he doesn't get the suspension from Goodell) and one rookie to make the jump. I think the key is guys who are possible three down backs (rules out Addai, Jacobs, Stewart and Mendenhall), don't have a lot of competition (rules out Barber, Stewart, Mendenhall) and aren't huge behemoth backs who get hurt too frequently (rules out Jacobs).

I don't really care about the order, but here's my prediction...

Top 5 (no particular order):

Peterson, Turner, Chris Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Marshawn Lynch

6 thru 10 (again, no particular order):

MJD, Kevin Smith, Forte, DeAngelo, Rookie to be named later...

Ok, I've given it a bit of thought and reconsidered a bit...

1. DeAngelo Williams - In. stays in top 10, but finishes much lower

2. Michael Turner - In. Turner will break the string of 370/f guys having down seasons and will stay a top 10 back. He's got low mileage except for 1 season and I think he still finishes top 10.

3. Adrian Peterson - In. top 10 regardless, too talented to keep out.

4. Matt Forte - In. Stays but drops a bit.

5. Thomas Jones - Out of the top 10, age and QB/WR concerns will knock the Jets RB's down.

6. Steve Slaton - Out. Houston is clearly looking for a backfield mate for Slaton, I think because they believe he won't last a whole season.

7. LaDainian Tomlinson - Out. Reduced role in the Chargers offense and Sproles will push him out finally.

8. Clinton Portis - Out. Age and nagging injuries are taking their toll on Portis.

9. Maurice Jones-Drew - In, but I don't think he's going to finish as a top 5 back. J'ville offensive line is worse than advertised, there are no WR, Garrard isn't a great QB and I don't think MJD can do it by himself.

10. Brian Westbrook - Out. Philly is also clearly looking for someone to lighten the load on Westbrook.

I've got 5 of last year's top 10 repeating.

Guys most to likely break in:

Joseph Addai, Chris Johnson, Brandon Jacobs, Marion Barber, Kevin Smith, Jonathan Stewart, Rashard Mendenhall, 2 rookies (depends on who ends up where), Ronnie Brown, Marshawn Lynch.

Out of that list, I like Chris Johnson, Kevin Smith, Ronnie Brown, Marshawn Lynch (providing he doesn't get the suspension from Goodell) and one rookie to make the jump. I think the key is guys who are possible three down backs (rules out Addai, Jacobs, Stewart and Mendenhall), don't have a lot of competition (rules out Barber, Stewart, Mendenhall) and aren't huge behemoth backs who get hurt too frequently (rules out Jacobs).

I don't really care about the order, but here's my prediction...

Top 5 (no particular order):

Peterson, Turner, Chris Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Marshawn Lynch

6 thru 10 (again, no particular order):

MJD, Kevin Smith, Forte, DeAngelo, Rookie to be named later...

if and when Lynch gets suspended, i doubt he gets into top-10.

if and when Lynch gets suspended, i doubt he gets into top-10.

was noted in my post...

These guys WILL REPEAT: Peterson, Forte, Slaton, Drew-Jones, and Turner. Westbrook should depending on his health.

my bad. replace Kevin Smith with Gore, and i think i'm with you :pointstosky:

Actually, I like the Kevin Smith take. Where is Stephen Jackson in this discussion? I think he has a huge bounce back year....he was so beat up last year and is still very young. I know the Rams O-Line needs work, but they did get Jason Brown and will likely draft a new starting LT.

Actually, I like the Kevin Smith take. Where is Stephen Jackson in this discussion? I think he has a huge bounce back year....he was so beat up last year and is still very young. I know the Rams O-Line needs work, but they did get Jason Brown and will likely draft a new starting LT.

i actually thought long on that one and had him in the top 10 before i took him out again. He's a little too much like jacobs in his size and propensity for injuries. but he is a 3 down back...in the end i knocked him because the rest of his team is putrid and i don't think he can do it alone.

i actually thought long on that one and had him in the top 10 before i took him out again. He's a little too much like jacobs in his size and propensity for injuries. but he is a 3 down back...in the end i knocked him because the rest of his team is putrid and i don't think he can do it alone.

Size is the only thing Jackson has in commong with Jacobs. They are completely different RB's. Jackson is a pass catching monster....people forget he caught 90 passes just a few years ago. Jackson is an every down back and MUCH more versatile than Jacobs.

Jackson will be a top 10 RB hands down next year with a revamped O-Line. I think he has a good chance to be top 5. I wished I owned him!!