Sign in to follow this  
Lionsjunkie

2009 DETROIT TIGERS

ALSO FOCK YOU APRIL IN THE D focking commercials

No sh!t, what's up with all of that homoeroticism

Could they get a bigger bunch of queefs to do that ridiculous song?

Absolutely terrible

I am looking forward to seeing Porcello tomorrow.

Perry looked good tonight.

Drafted the kid in both my leagues. Too bad wont be able to watch game today

His breaking pitches had nerves written all over them but it was a real nice outting for the kid. His fastball is impressive. 97 all the way down to 92 is going to keep a lot of hitters off balance to say the least.

I have to actually tip my hat to Fernando Rodney. Whatever they did to limit his pitching motion seems to be keeping the ball under control. That was refreshing.

Game 1 ~ at TOR (L12-5)

Not much I can think of here other than I question how long he left V in the game...not only had he allowed 8 ER thru 3.2 IP he was getting rocked...guys were pounding him each AB.

I had seen enough after Snider went yard and Scutaro roped a three bagger...he left him in for a long sac fly by Hill, a double by Rios and finally a walk to Wells got him the heave ho....couple of bats too many IMO but not that huge a deal as that game turned into a rout quickly.

Grade ~ C

Game 2 ~ at Toronto (L5-4)

Here we gooooooooooooo !!!!

Tigs have a 3-0 lead heading into the 8th and new pickup Edwin Jackson is throwing a gem...one hitter thru 7.

This is where JImmy panicks...lead off HR to Rolen and immediately he lights up and starts twitching....next batter is safe on an error by Inge (could've been Cabrera as he easily should've scooped it) but nonetheless 1 on nobody out instead of 1 down bases empty....let's speed dial the BP, Jackson whom baffled the Jays thru 7 innings is in complete meltdown mode :wub:

Barajas pops out and now the dreaded call to one of the league's worst pens....Seay has been solid yet unspectacular and immediately gets leftie Travis Snyder...ol man plays percentages (bad move) and brings in Brandon Lyon who served up four jacks in a row a few weeks back while I watched first hand in Fort Myers...talk about a pressure situation when confidence is very low....

Single, HR TIE GAMEEEEEEEE :dunno: Just like that a gem turns disastrous after a poor managing decision (1).

To make matters worse....Inge ties it up in T9 and ol man brings Lyon back out for the 9th :wub: Took 5 batters for the Jays to push across the games winning run.

Grade ~ F

Game 3 ~ at TOR (W5-1)

Tigs get 3 quick ones in T1 and Miner throws a nice game. Ol man makes nice move yanking Miner after 2 are on in the 6th and Bobby Seay quickly disposes of Overbay again this series....inning over.

Seay stays in and pitches a 1-2-3 7th and turns it over to Rookie phenom Ryan Perry for the 8th....another very quick, nice 1-2-3.

Our newly crowned closer Fernando Rodney comes in in a non-save situation and gets the Jays 1-2-3

Well done staff/coach :dunno: :wub:

Grade ~ A

Game 4 ~ at TOR (L6-2)

Rookie phenom Rick Porcello gets his first big league start and looked real good until the 6th inning where he got in a little trouble. This is a 2-2 game here until Adam Lind leads off the 6th with a bomb, followed by an infield single by Bautista...here we go, knee jerk smokaholic decision here and BAM....he's gotta come out...Nate and Rincon immediately allow 3 more tyo score and a nice game by POrcello turns ugly quick as he gets pegeed for 4 runs....we'd have been better off rolling with Porcello for a few more outs as he was only at 89 picthes...

I know it's early and he's a young arm but I would've like to have seen him battle a couple of more batters before getting the hook.

Not a horrible game by Smoky but could've been managed better.

Grade ~ C

Game 5 ~ Home Opener vs TEX (W15-2)

You'd think that Smoky couldn't fock this one up but WTF was he thinking in the 8th inning when he brings Ryan Perry out up 2 TD's (minus the XP) and YANKS him before the inning is over :wub: Are you focken kidding me??? Talk about ruining a kid's confidence...Perry comes in facing the heartr of the order and runs into minor trouble by walking Kinsler & Josh Hamilton, 2 of the game's best sluggers....big deal, your up 14-1 :mad: Let the kid get his feet wet and face Hank Blalock.

I am beside myself as to why he was pulled....terrible managing (2) :dunno: :wub:

Grade ~ F

You'd think that Smoky couldn't fock this one up but WTF was he thinking in the 8th inning when he brings Ryan Perry out up 2 TD's (minus the XP) and YANKS him before the inning is over :wall: Are you focken kidding me??? Talk about ruining a kid's confidence...Perry comes in facing the heartr of the order and runs into minor trouble by walking Kinsler & Josh Hamilton, 2 of the game's best sluggers....big deal, your up 14-1 :mad: Let the kid get his feet wet and face Hank Blalock.

I am beside myself as to why he was pulled....terrible managing (2) :bench: :doh:

Grade ~ F

the kid didn't seem too broken up about it in post game interviews. smiling quite a bit...

You'd think that Smoky couldn't fock this one up but WTF was he thinking in the 8th inning when he brings Ryan Perry out up 2 TD's (minus the XP) and YANKS him before the inning is over :mad: Are you focken kidding me??? Talk about ruining a kid's confidence...Perry comes in facing the heartr of the order and runs into minor trouble by walking Kinsler & Josh Hamilton, 2 of the game's best sluggers....big deal, your up 14-1 :mad: Let the kid get his feet wet and face Hank Blalock.

I am beside myself as to why he was pulled....terrible managing (2) :bench: :doh:

Grade ~ F

I was a little miffed at this as well. It's like taking your toddler to school for the first time, they cry, so you turn them around and go back home to maybe try again tomorrow.

How's the kid going to grow up unless faces a little bit of adversity? :wall:

Wow Miggy is the real deal from the start this year. I see a M-V-P in his future and it could be sooner or then later.

the kid didn't seem too broken up about it in post game interviews. smiling quite a bit...

Perhaps....but what's the logic of yanking a guy in the moddle of an inning that Coach just sent him out for with a 14-1 lead :bench: ...makes no sence whatsoever unless he was hurt, which I haven't seen reported.

well.....nate robertson pitched well

:overhead:

That is sure not to last.

Verlander did well.

I dont think the error on Inge should have been charged to him. Placido should have had it.

WTF is the deal with Direct TV not televising Saturday day games :mad:

I remember this from last year as well...anyhow, missed this game but from the box score it certainly looks like ol man Jimmy pulled all the right strings today :lol: Nice to see V have a pretty solid outing, he really needs to work on being more efficient though as far too often he gets deep in the counts and at 100 pitches way too early.

We need to rest that BP :thumbsup: ...another stellar job from Nate and a surprising Rodney K's the side to get the Tigs back to .500 :overhead:

needs to work on being more efficient though as far too often he gets deep in the counts and at 100 pitches way too early.

He is a strikeout pitcher. The result is always going to be high pitch counts.

we'd have been better off rolling with Porcello for a few more outs as he was only at 89 picthes...

No way he shouldn't be going over 80 pitches

Well that was interesting. Drove down from Grand Blanc on a whim to watch the game today, got there just in time to see Guillen strand a pair of runners after Jackson gave up a 2-run jack in the top of the first. The offense just rolled over after they got screwed on a force out at second that would have given them 1st and 2nd with Cabrera coming up down 4-0 (and at least from the 3rd base side the call looked absolutely horrid). After that there were a good 4 check-swing strikeouts and guys just looked like they didn't give a sh*t (Inge hit a sharp grounder up the first-base line and just jogged while carrying his bat while the 1B fielded it and made the out). Jackson managed to pull himself together in the 5th after giving up a leadoff walk and double, and the pen was shutting the Rangers down again, but Milwood was embarrassing the offense. Fortunately Texas pulled a Leyland and yanked Milwood in the 8th, and CJ Wilson proceeded to take a shelling. Inge hit a leadoff homer, Everett followed with a single, Granderson reached when the SS misplayed a weak bouncer, and Polonco drove a run in with his own double to make it 4-2, no outs. Ordonez choked a bit with another check-swing strikeout, which allowed Texas to walk Cabrera. Guillen came up and took a few terrible swings to just barely foul the ball off, then out of the blue hit a grounder down the 3rd base line to tie the game. Inge knocked in the winning runs with another hit, and Rodney slammed the door again (two clean saves in a row..the hell?!?).

No way he shouldn't be going over 80 pitches

So, you're saying he shouldn't go over 80 pitches :wave:

He's part of the rotation, gets paid big bucks and has to pitch...if they yank him around 80 pitches every game our BP will be spent soon enough.

Kid has a young live arm...he should've at least faced a few more IMO... I'd be all right with him getting up to a 100 pitch count.

Well that was interesting. Drove down from Grand Blanc on a whim to watch the game today, got there just in time to see Guillen strand a pair of runners after Jackson gave up a 2-run jack in the top of the first. The offense just rolled over after they got screwed on a force out at second that would have given them 1st and 2nd with Cabrera coming up down 4-0 (and at least from the 3rd base side the call looked absolutely horrid). After that there were a good 4 check-swing strikeouts and guys just looked like they didn't give a sh*t (Inge hit a sharp grounder up the first-base line and just jogged while carrying his bat while the 1B fielded it and made the out). Jackson managed to pull himself together in the 5th after giving up a leadoff walk and double, and the pen was shutting the Rangers down again, but Milwood was embarrassing the offense. Fortunately Texas pulled a Leyland and yanked Milwood in the 8th, and CJ Wilson proceeded to take a shelling. Inge hit a leadoff homer, Everett followed with a single, Granderson reached when the SS misplayed a weak bouncer, and Polonco drove a run in with his own double to make it 4-2, no outs. Ordonez choked a bit with another check-swing strikeout, which allowed Texas to walk Cabrera. Guillen came up and took a few terrible swings to just barely foul the ball off, then out of the blue hit a grounder down the 3rd base line to tie the game. Inge knocked in the winning runs with another hit, and Rodney slammed the door again (two clean saves in a row..the hell?!?).

Mags is sucking it up this year. I would have let millwood go the entire game. He was nasty today. Just weak ass hits all day long.

I love the fact that inge's off season work is really paying off.

Game 7 ~ vs TEX (W6-4)

Gotta love a starter on cruise control (MIllwood) getting the yank...and at 112 pitches you'd expect it.

Tiger bats finally come to life with a 6 run 8th and rally to bail out starter JAckson. Didn't get a chance to watch all of this game as I was watching Tiger & Mick making a Masters charge... I missed Lyon's two shutout innings and you'd gotta think that's a great boost of confidence for him...kept the Tigs in the game for the late rally and Fernando came in and shut down the powerful Rangers bats in only 5 pitches :shocking:

Helluva comeback to get us to 4-3 :thumbsup:

I like the PH/DEF switches ol man Jimmy made in the latter innings and the BP made him look like a genious :overhead:

Grade ~ A

Didn't get a chance to watch all of this game as I was watching Tiger & Mick making a Masters charge...

It was unwatchable for the first 7 1/2 innings from the Tigers side. The hitters looked like they had mailed it in from the 4th inning through the 7th, the body language was just complete defeat and surrender. Oddly enough, when Inge walked up to start the 8th against Wilson, I laughed and said 'here comes Mr. Solo Homer', and sure enough. The surprise was the rest of the lineup actually building off of it.

It was unwatchable for the first 7 1/2 innings from the Tigers side. The hitters looked like they had mailed it in from the 4th inning through the 7th, the body language was just complete defeat and surrender. Oddly enough, when Inge walked up to start the 8th against Wilson, I laughed and said 'here comes Mr. Solo Homer', and sure enough. The surprise was the rest of the lineup actually building off of it.

You can say the tigers were off till wilson. I think millwood pitched a great game though. They could not get many solid hits on him and when they did it was right to someone.

So, you're saying he shouldn't go over 80 pitches :lol:

exactly what I'm saying he's 20 years old 80 pitches for every start is enough.

exactly what I'm saying he's 20 years old 80 pitches for every start is enough.

His age has nothing to do with it. He has NEVER pitched more than 75 pitches in the minors or majors. You dont just let a kid go that far in his first mlb outing. Who is our coach leyland or dusty baker?

His age has nothing to do with it. He has NEVER pitched more than 75 pitches in the minors or majors. You dont just let a kid go that far in his first mlb outing. Who is our coach leyland or dusty baker?

Uhh I think his age is the reason why he has never pitched more than 75 pitches <_<

Uhh I think his age is the reason why he has never pitched more than 75 pitches <_<

Come on thats not true in the freaking slightest. Some kids come in knowing they have rubber arms at an early age. The fact is they spent a lot of money on him and were treating him with kid gloves.