Sign in to follow this  
Lionsjunkie

2009 DETROIT TIGERS

read he just got sent down

Yep. The video states he was the opening day CF starter but he struck out 30+ times in his first 80+ ABs. Youch.

Well, if the Tigers can win tomorrow's game I will be impressed. Not only is Galarraga in a bit of a tail spin, but his mark against the Twins last season: 0-4, 5.46 ERA.

Strategy man! A righty batting .050 is better against a LHP then a left-handed hitter batting anything! :thumbsdown:

ETA: lmao...either Leyland just told Cabrera to steal a base, or Ordonez watched strike three in a hit-and-run.

ETA2: thanks for the gift Cleveland! Granderson out to dry at 2nd when Polanco botches a hit-and-run but the throw is high, then Thomas beats out a broken bat routine ground ball to score the run when the 2nd baseman double clutches and throws late.

There is no doubt Leyland over manages...it's frustrating at times. Me and my bro in law have a running joke that you NEVER QUESTION LEYLAND!! They have hidden microphones all over the stadium and if you EVER question a Leyland call you will first get called a kid and chastized for never playing the game at a professional level like the all time best manager in the history of baseball(just ask him) then you will politely be asked to leave the stadium and never return

DON'T QUESTION LEYLAND

There is no doubt Leyland over manages...it's frustrating at times. Me and my bro in law have a running joke that you NEVER QUESTION LEYLAND!! They have hidden microphones all over the stadium and if you EVER question a Leyland call you will first get called a kid and chastized for never playing the game at a professional level like the all time best manager in the history of baseball(just ask him) then you will politely be asked to leave the stadium and never return

DON'T QUESTION LEYLAND

Hey Mike....how are the Tigs doing so poorly at Geeks Homers :mad:

Come on, get that team back to respectability :mad:

Also...let's make a deal or four...I want some focken Tigs on my team :mad:

DON'T QUESTION LEYLAND

Same as Sparky Anderson back in the day. The only thing Leyland could have done in 2006 was screw things up. Same as Sparky back in 1984. Anderson was so overrated. He took a team that should have been a perennial contender for 7-10 years and got them into one world series and the playoffs just one other time Fock Sparky :mad:

Ugh, Cabrera is a one-man offense killer tonight (guess he was due); fly out with a runner on 3rd, ground out with 1st and 2nd, double play with 1st and 2nd. Tigers 'offense' with 7 hits, 0 runs through 5. Meanwhile, Galarraga expectedly continues his plummet with another pair of 2-run homers.

WTF?!?!? Are the Tigers cursed from having 2 aces in their line-up? Last year, when V was piss, Gala was gold. Now Gala is piss, and V is gold.

Even though Perry allowed the run it was a fine performance from the kid....he should be pretty solid for years to come.

As for this POS Brandon Lyon, this will probably turn into a rout :nono:

Even though Perry allowed the run it was a fine performance from the kid....he should be pretty solid for years to come.

As for this POS Brandon Lyon, this will probably turn into a rout :nono:

I hear you on the Perry kid. Good arm.

And relax. The Twins scored 6 runs tonight, which means they'll fail to score more than 2 in the final two games.

Can all the queerbait Brandon Inge fans shut their pieholes now. After a blazing start, its back to reality for this overrated crap 3B. 6-for-35 his last ten games (thats a .171 clip) with 14 k's. Dude makes some spectacular plays at 3B but makes a lot of errors their too (last year notwithstanding). Focking dump/trade/etc Brandon Inge.

Can all the queerbait Brandon Inge fans shut their pieholes now. After a blazing start, its back to reality for this overrated crap 3B. 6-for-35 his last ten games (thats a .171 clip) with 14 k's. Dude makes some spectacular plays at 3B but makes a lot of errors their too (last year notwithstanding). Focking dump/trade/etc Brandon Inge.

Where is the dependable .245 from Tom Brookens when you need him?

Where is the dependable .245 from Tom Brookens when you need him?

:dunno: exactly. You know how it is in this town Stevo....so many people LOVE Inge and he focking blows...BA gets lower every year and strikes out more and more. :mad:

:dunno: exactly. You know how it is in this town Stevo....so many people LOVE Inge and he focking blows...BA gets lower every year and strikes out more and more. :mad:

...but he's got a new stance this year. Move over Wade Boggs.

...but he's got a new stance this year. Move over Wade Boggs.

:mad: :dunno: sheeet..he is on pace to K more times this year than Boggs did in his whole career.

Well it certainly doesn't look as though the Royals will be standing in your way much longer :dunno:

same sh!t different year

I'm one of those fans of the longest tenured Tigers....kid can flat out play DEFENSE....sure he makes errors, that's cause he attempts throws on plays that NO OTHER 3B in the league can even get to...majority of his errors are throwing related becuase of just that. He has more range and as good a glove as ANY 3B in the league, bar none...if he hits .250 with 20+ HR's and 75+ RBI's I'll be tickled pink...he bats focken 7th for a reason and is one of the better 7th men in the league.

He's not paid to hit, leave that to the POS Mags, Guillen and Cabrera...throw in Grandy & Polanco....everything from him in the 7 hole is a bonus and at this point he's been fantastic. :rolleyes: :bandana:

I hope so too. We need him to remember where the focking strike zone is.

I would drop mags like a hot rock. We could save like 30 mil.

Of course dontrell walks the first batter.

come the fock on. I know you have a curve. You just cant go up and pitch 100mph right down the ###### piper.

Ok now he seems to be breaking off the offspeed stuff while hitting 101. Nice.

FOCKING ABSURD

way to leave lyon in for 60 ###### pitches jim, you stupid c0cksucker

why leyland?

Just another night of piss poor bullpen management. 2 innings for lyon and 60 pitches? Hell lyon started out throwing 75mph. I could tell he was not going to hold the lead.

Just another night of piss poor bullpen management. 2 innings for lyon and 60 pitches? Hell lyon started out throwing 75mph. I could tell he was not going to hold the lead.

I ask cause he was ejected

I ask cause he was ejected

Ok so maybe I jumped the gun on leyland but im so used to him being the one that leaves them in too long.

Ok so maybe I jumped the gun on leyland but im so used to him being the one that leaves them in too long.

:unsure:

Prediction: Lyon will be released by the all-star break. you heard it here first. If bonderman comes back and nate robertson comes off the DL, they have no use for a scrub like him. I think he was just on a one year deal anyway...fock him.

Prediction: Lyon will be released by the all-star break. you heard it here first. If bonderman comes back and nate robertson comes off the DL, they have no use for a scrub like him. I think he was just on a one year deal anyway...fock him.

Going out on that limb one foot above the ground is dangerous Pat. :whew: You're crazy man!

Verlander going apeshit again.

Too bad the Tigers can't hit :rolleyes:

5-0. :thumbsup:

focking bullpen gonna blow this....5-4 and tiger killer Joe Crede up

Verlander going apeshit again.

Too bad the Tigers can't hit bullpen can't pitch. :dunno:

Further fuel to my hatred of 'the bullpen' as an institution. The idea of paying guys who couldn't cut it as real pitchers millions of dollars to be mediocre for only a couple batters at a time is so absurd it defies all logic. I despise 'relief pitchers' more than 'icing the kicker', the designated hitter, and even fouling your opponent 10 times in the final 2 minutes to extend the game. No, fu*k it, I despise relief pitchers more than THE TV TIMEOUT.

I despise relief pitchers more than Rod Allans gay mancrush on every black player.

Really now. Seay comes in with a 5-0 lead. with 2 men on base. Walked the bases loaded and then ###### implodes. Score went from 5-0 good guys to 6-5 bad guys. ###### nice. I would like to put Seay and Lyon in chains and drown them.