• < 68
  2. 2. Heat

• < 60
    • 61-63
    • 64-66
    • 67-69
    • 70-72
    • >72
  3. 3. Have you adjusted the "normal" temp in your house since the Recession?

• Yes
    • No

What temperature do you set your thermostat on in the summer and winter months? Also, have you recently adjusted the temp in an effort to save some extra coin?

In the winter, temp never dips below 68, nor above 70.

Summertime, around 80 while at work but closer to 74 nights/weekends.

Spring/Fall don't have heat/AC on and temp hovers around 74.

And no, I haven't adjusted my energy needs because of the recession.

I usually do a 74 in the summer and a 68 in the winter. I am loving the spring power and gas bills so I'm thinking of going to a 76 and 66. Was just wondering what the masses kept theirs at......

See, this drives me focking nutz. It's focking stupid. Set your GD house to a temperature you like. That temperature isn't focking RELATIVE for chrissake!! If you enjoy the house at 72 or 68, fine set it and LEAVE IT there.

This concept is completely lost on southerners & women. "Ooooh, it's below 65 degrees outside? Let's turn the thermo up to 86!! Oooh, it's over 85 outside?? Let's turn the thermo down to 50!!" :overhead:

I swear, the coldest I've been in Houston is in a movie theatre in the summer. The hottest? At work when it's 62 degrees outside. These idiot women all get together and start with the "I'm cold - are you cold? I'm cool - is Nancy cold- she NEVER gets cold - she IS? Well then, we should DEFINITELY ask maintenance to turn up the heat!!" :wub: :cry: :wall:

I usually do a 74 in the summer and a 68 in the winter. I am loving the spring power and gas bills so I'm thinking of going to a 76 and 66. Was just wondering what the masses kept theirs at......

What kind of heater do you use in your trailer?

65 in winter and as high as it goes in the summer.

I dont ever use blankets, I get too hot, sheets only.

My body temp is off the charts high, in the dead of winter I sweat like an eskimo at the equator

:lol: anally :shocking:

I've got the heat set at 68. I tried to set it at 66, but it actually was a hoooooge difference. While only 2 degrees, it was very uncomfortable. I'll pay the extra $10 a month for the comfort.

When I lived in Phoenix, the electricity was included in the rent ... and the landlord was an a-hole ... so I kept that place like a meat locker and a window open, all summer. When it's 120+ out though .... you want the AC full blast 24/7 anyway.

Here in Seattle .... there is only electric heat .... no AC. My max this winter was like $50 for a month, but I like it cold.