Sign in to follow this  
ToadSprocket

What the heck ever happened to

Yes I know he went to pay radio. And probably made a ton of loot but you hardly hear of him anymore.

No I don't have pay radio. For me there's too much stuff on free radio that I don't have time to listen to.

It used to be Howard all over the radio. And TV. And books. And movies.

Now not so much.

Yes I know he went to pay radio. And probably made a ton of loot but you hardly hear of him anymore.

No I don't have pay radio. For me there's too much stuff on free radio that I don't have time to listen to.

It used to be Howard all over the radio. And TV. And books. And movies.

Now not so much.

Howard took his big payday and is now amongst teh richest entertainers in the world.

You're right, though. His listenership dropped to about 10% of what he had when he was on terrestrial radio.

It was like American Idol going to the Sundance Channel. No one really hears it anymore.

The only talk shows that still exist on radio are syndicated political talker or local morning zoos that do bits. Nothing else is really out there. There were plenty of shows with good to excellent ratings, like Adam Carolla, Tom Leykis, Opie and Anthony, but the costs of the shows were too much for cost cutting measures in these economic times. Many stations now don't have any on air talent, they just play music and commercials.

The Stern talk radio era is long over, and never coming back. Satellite radio has the monopoly on the personalities, but no money to advertise with. Plus, Stern's contract will not be renewed in the next year or so he has remaining on it. He will fade away completely, if Sirius XM doesn't go bankupt first.

The future of radio talk shows is probably podcasts and iPhones.

The only talk shows that still exist on radio are syndicated political talker or local morning zoos that do bits. Nothing else is really out there. There were plenty of shows with good to excellent ratings, like Adam Carolla, Tom Leykis, Opie and Anthony, but the costs of the shows were too much for cost cutting measures in these economic times. Many stations now don't have any on air talent, they just play music and commercials.

The Stern talk radio era is long over, and never coming back. Satellite radio has the monopoly on the personalities, but no money to advertise with. Plus, Stern's contract will not be renewed in the next year or so he has remaining on it. He will fade away completely, if Sirius XM doesn't go bankupt first.

The future of radio talk shows is probably podcasts and iPhones.

Believe it or not, I agree with every single thing that was said here. Mark down the date.

I gave up on that hack when he pussied out of the NY Governors race. Still can't believe I wasted time going to that convention. What a doosh he was/is. :ninja:

i listened to his show religiously from mid 1989 to july 2001.

then i moved to ga and never heard him again.

his show made my long morning commutes bearable.

i credit that show and it's sense of humor for making me able to tolerate you all.

i'm the robin quivers of the geek bored!

Without the teets and sense of humor.

i listened to his show religiously from mid 1989 to july 2001.

then i moved to ga and never heard him again.

his show made my long morning commutes bearable.

i credit that show and it's sense of humor for making me able to tolerate you all.

Back in the day, I enjoyed Stern too. But I moved on to other shows that I found funnier.

The problem with Robin is that she is the "hole" of the show. The brakes to all fun. Women on radio are not funny, but their role is to censor the other hosts.

Oh, come on guys.

Now stop that.

That's mean.

You don't mean that.

What if that were you.

Be nice.

All kidding aside...

That's not funny.

You shouldn't have said that.

Do you still consider yourself the Robin Quivers of the bored?

It is still funny to me.

:unsure: Leave Brittany alone. :dunno: