Sign in to follow this  
Mississippi boy accidentally shoots, and kills, brother over video game argument...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,525604,00.html

JACKSON, Miss. — An 11-year-old Mississippi boy accidentally killed his 9-year-old brother with a shotgun blast Tuesday as the two struggled over the gun after arguing about a video game, authorities said.

A-Darrious Finley died after being shot with a 12-gauge shotgun at his home near the Red Banks community in northern Mississippi, Marshall County Sheriff Kenny Dickerson said.

"The younger brother allegedly got mad because he got beat at some video games and got the gun," Dickerson said.

Dickerson said the older brother, De-Andre Finley, initially said he never touched the gun. He first told deputies that the younger boy got the gun and pointed it at himself, saying "this is how I'm going to shoot you." But after more questioning, and being told that his account didn't match evidence at the scene, the older boy said the weapon accidentally discharged as the two struggled over it.

"That version we can live with because it's consistent with the evidence," Dickerson said.

Dickerson said the shotgun was too long and heavy for the younger boy to hold it against his own chest and pull the trigger.

"That's the reason it raised red flags," he said.

A-Darrious was found lying face down in a bedroom at their home in the community near the Tennessee state line. The gun and a spent shell casing were found at the scene. Dickerson didn't know what game the boys were playing.

The district attorney will look at the case, but it's likely the older brother won't be charged with a crime because he is under the age of 13 and "it appeared to be an accident anyway," the sheriff said.

Marshall County Coroner James Richard Anderson said the boy's body was sent to Jackson for an autopsy. He said the brothers' father was outside cutting the grass at the time of the shooting.

The boys' father told deputies the gun was kept unloaded in a closet at the home, the sheriff said. The 9-year-old had fired the gun before with his father's supervision, and investigators believe he knew how to load it himself.

This public service announcement brought to you by the letter Q...and Posty's daily search for child death.

I wonder what video game it was? I bet it was Madden 09.

De-Andre

A-Darrious

I'm just sayin'.

It's not like there's a shortage of them in Mississippi. :thumbsdown:

If they were just allowed to swim in someone else's pool none of this would have happened.

I'm just sayin'.

It's not like there's a shortage of them in Mississippi. :music_guitarred:

especially in Red Banks. It's about 15 minutes south of where I live and there aren't any whities in that town.

Why do I keep laughing when I read "Younger brother" - that's not real professional using slang in a death story :shocking:

See...it totally depends what game it was. No way it was Madden. I'm guessing it was Gears of War. Kinda makes sense to me.

doubt it was gears, people dont really play against each other on the same tv.

a sports game actually makes sense, few games make me more pissed off at people ive known my whole life... especially fight night

IT'S NOT FAIR IF YOU ALWAYS USE FRAZIER!!!! :(

I wonder what video game it was? I bet it was Madden 09.

i'll bet it wasnt NHL '10 :(

He should have gotten the red cross. It gives you extra life.