Sign in to follow this  
Headslap75

Anybody catch "Joe Buck Live"

I like Artie, but he was out of line. I heard his defense today, but I think that he is in denial. I saw the show and then went to the website to see the after show. Both were uncomfortable to watch.

I think that the Stern cronies were thinking that the show needed to be shocking and funny. That was not what they were going for and Artie went too far.

I turned it off by then. I am not much of a fan of Artie, though.

I like Artie, but he was out of line. I heard his defense today, but I think that he is in denial. I saw the show and then went to the website to see the after show. Both were uncomfortable to watch.

I think that the Stern cronies were thinking that the show needed to be shocking and funny. That was not what they were going for and Artie went too far.

It was awkward...But WTF did Buck expect??? do your homework??? was Lange going to enlighten the sports world with his analysis?? He's a filthy dirty comic who makes a living being shocking......NICE BOOK FOR YOUR FIRST SHOW????? AND A LIVE SHOW NO LESS :music_guitarred: The best thing to come from this is nobody gives a rats ass about what Farve had to say last night!!!

I did not find artie funny. Just seemed to make joe buck uneasy with his language. Not sure why he was on the show.

That was hilarious. If Joe Buck couldn't handle Randy Moss fake mooning the Packer's fans, I'm sure this made him cry like a baby to his wife because of the things that Artie said. The sports world would be in a better place if Buck and Costas would just get into their cars and drive into each other head on at about 90 mph.

Apparently, the show's producer? (Greenberg) told Artie to basically go nuts if the other two guys (Rudd and SNL dude) were boring so it is kind of on them. However, I haven't understood Artie for a while now because he really seems to take things personally and lash out "comedically" when he is really not being funny. His line about how he'll make 80K doing a standup gig on a given night but Jason Sudeikis? would make $11 an hour on SNL next season was just mean and not funny. He tends to make everything into a roast format now and it seems desperate.

if artie wasnt there, they would have canceled the show DURING the show. thats how bad it was

Apparently, the show's producer? (Greenberg) told Artie to basically go nuts if the other two guys (Rudd and SNL dude) were boring so it is kind of on them. However, I haven't understood Artie for a while now because he really seems to take things personally and lash out "comedically" when he is really not being funny. His line about how he'll make 80K doing a standup gig on a given night but Jason Sudeikis? would make $11 an hour on SNL next season was just mean and not funny. He tends to make everything into a roast format now and it seems desperate.

That statement was Artie's interpretation and I am not buying it. There were several things that Artie said happened that did not jive with what I saw. He said that the audience was going wild on everything that he said, Irvin was laughing so hard his belly hurt and that his Jack Buck story killed. What I saw was a some nervous laughter, Irvin laughing at his own joke (white on white crime) and his Jack Buck story was a stuttering mess that took too long to get out.

I agree with everything else that you said about Artie lately. Perhaps they should slip him some heroin. :music_guitarred:

if artie wasnt there, they would have canceled the show DURING the show. thats how bad it was

It was a little slow, but it is not supposed to be a comedy hour. It is supposed to be a sports information/entertainment show that is a cross of "ESPN Between the Lines" and Bill Maher's show.

If Artie had just been part of the show, it would have been a good segment. Instead, he tried to be "the" show and it was a train wreck.

It was awkward...But WTF did Buck expect??? do your homework??? was Lange going to enlighten the sports world with his analysis?? He's a filthy dirty comic who makes a living being shocking......NICE BOOK FOR YOUR FIRST SHOW????? AND A LIVE SHOW NO LESS :dunno:

The best thing to come from this is nobody gives a rats ass about what Farve had to say last night!!!

well..you dont live in green bay..we cant let anything with the subject die...heck, its been talked about the radio for 2 stupid days...hes coming back if he feels good..fock, move on to brewers talk...

ive never heard the stern show..but id seen some of it on E!...i wasnt around back when artie was funny..i see him and think fock..HE lives and chris farley is dead? :wave: focking unfair...

all in all...joe buck is a joke and sucks...he'd have received points for saying that what lange said was a despicable act....

instead of trying to use his telescope to peek into the apartments of bud selig and bob costas...crazy h0mo..

I turned it off by then. I am not much of a fan of Artie, though.

what do you know about real comedy :music_guitarred:

<_<

It was a little slow, but it is not supposed to be a comedy hour. It is supposed to be a sports information/entertainment show that is a cross of "ESPN Between the Lines" and Bill Maher's show.

If Artie had just been part of the show, it would have been a good segment. Instead, he tried to be "the" show and it was a train wreck.

that show was painful to watch. play-by-play men shouldnt do talk shows. thats why they do play-by-play

In the first episode, Joe Buck become the butt of his own show's jokes.

Howard Stern regular Artie Lange "hijacked" Joe Buck Live, according to the New York Times' Richard Sandomir.

SEE UPDATE BELOW: HBO WON'T HAVE LANGE BACK!

When Buck, a Fox sportscaster who took over on HBO when Bob Costas signed with the MLB Network, announced that celebrity gossip site TMZ was his favorite website, Lange shot back: "Joe, TMZ is your favorite website? What's your second, suckingcock.com?"

In a move decried as homophobic, Lange then let his wrist fall limp, put on an accent, and said, "I'm on TMZ constantly, did you see what Angelina was wearing today? What the ######, how about going to a sports website for Christ's sake?"

Lange even admitted to being a homophobe, to which Buck responded, "clearly."

"As a Giants fan, and a well-known homophobic," Lange said, "it's like a white trash gift from god that the ###### Cowboys have a quarterback whose last name rhymes with Homo."

Lange then took it to Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo's girlfriend, Jessica Simpson.

"And he's dating a fat chick!" he said. "Jessica Simpson started out looking like Jessica Simpson, now she looks like Chris Farley from those Gap sketches."

Moments later, Lange started knocking Buck's hosting abilities.

"Good segue," Lange said, mocking Buck's attempt to move discussion forward. "You're a regular Bob Costas."

"I wanna be working construction by next Thursday, I hate show business," Lange said.

"You're on your way," Buck replied.

"So are you!" Lange shot back.

Later, as Buck attempted to rush Lange through a story about Buck's father, Lange said, "sorry to ruin your ###### great show."

"I appreciate the apology, because you have," Buck said.

Finally, near the end of the segment, Lange takes out a cigarette and an increasingly earnest Buck yelled at him not to light it.

"If you do that, sir! Sir, you cannot do that," Buck shouted.

"I won't light it," Lange said.

"You think I care about you smoking a cigarette after what you just laid out here?" Buck said, leading Lange to say, "###### it, let's do it bro" and light up. "No, don't, please!" Buck said.

"Say what you mean," Lange said back.

Update: HBO has said "never again" to Artie Lange.

Vid

Thoughts:

1) Like Phillybear (RiP), I too think the only 'inappropriate comedy' is that which is not funny. I read through the whole thing - twice - not even a smile. Huh, really, RoMo sounds like HoM0, hmmm... yeah, killer material. Jessica Simpson is fat? You don't say!

Why didn't he just say "Oh yeah, your mother's a whoare!"

Just wasn't funny. I guess some people are into Stern, whatever - just wasn't funny to me.

2) Joe Buck made out like a bandit here. Even with Favre (who's become old news), the Joe Buck show on HBO wasn't going to be blogged / talked about NEARLY as much as it is now. Maybe someone is really shrewd, but I don't think so.

3) I like Joe Buck as a baseball announcer. Can't imagine how interminably boring he'd be with his own show though.

"I wanna be working construction by next Thursday, I hate show business," Lange said.

"You're on your way," Buck replied.

"So are you!" Lange shot back.

Wow. Comedic gold. Though "I know you are, but what am I" may have been even funnier.

Congrats, Artie. You've now become Stuttering John, but without the mildly endearing differently-abled twist.

No big deal at all :overhead:

Maybe Joe was uncomfortable because of the language but he should embrace what Artie brought, its not him that looks like a vulgar doosh, and Artie brought entertainment which....hello, brings viewers?

Joe has a good announcers voice but hes a total poosay, Artie helped his show, period. Not that Artie is worth the price of admission always but hey, lets attempt some comedy on a completely dull show.

No big deal at all :lol:

Maybe Joe was uncomfortable because of the language but he should embrace what Artie brought, its not him that looks like a vulgar doosh, and Artie brought entertainment which....hello, brings viewers?

Joe has a good announcers voice but hes a total poosay, Artie helped his show, period. Not that Artie is worth the price of admission always but hey, lets attempt some comedy on a completely dull show.

I gotta agree with this entire post.

"Sir! Sir, you can't do that in here".... I mean, c'mon, grow a pair Buck. Focking poosay!

I gotta agree with this entire post.

"Sir! Sir, you can't do that in here".... I mean, c'mon, grow a pair Buck. Focking poosay!

:thumbsdown: Cause guys like Paul Rudd and whoever the fock the other guy was is entertainment guestworthy :wacko: