Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

Cuse9's Help Thread

Welker or Housh is a great addition with your #2 pick. Welker is a ppr stud and Housh will get you great ppr and yards. Again, go with the proven here, Welker is proven in that offense. Great target there and he could/should get you 8-10 ppg, I would seriously consider Jason Witten here as well. Romo's #1 target. He's capable of putting up #1 wr stats IF he finds the endzone more. Plus it would give you the #1 TE......38 points to go.

Next pick: 24. Stay away from Reggie Bush. He's great when he's healthy in ppr, but he already has swelling of the knee. I would stay away. I love Gonzalez at this pick. Even if he's the third option, that's pretty good when Manning is throwing the ball. Don't forget, he's in his third year, the breakout year for WR's. I know I said to stay away from unprovens, but Gonzo is a totally different story. Berrian is another good option. Not alot of receptions, but he'll get you just over 1000 yds this year and should add some long TD's (he also returnd punts, added bonus if your league awards points for individuals return TDs)) Let's assume this pick nets you 8 points: 30 points to go.

The key will be in rounds 5 thru 10. Don't hesitate to grab the best defense in round five. Defenses can get you 10-15 ppg. If you can nab Pitt, Eagles, Giants, Ravens....that could put you down to needing 20 points with your next four picks. This is also a prime spot to take Donald Brown IF he's there.

This is honestly what I planned on doing the more I thought about draft strategies. The big problem I'm seeing with drafting WR/WR or WR/TE with my first 2 picks is when it comes around to my 56th overall pick I'm still sitting with LT2 as my only RB. It might be possible to get Donald Brown at 56...other possibles I see still being there would be Lendale White, Ahmaad Bradshaw, Jonathan Stewart, Hightower or even Darren Sproles....just not sure if any of those provide me with the punch I need at RB2. It's a deep league and last year I feel like I sold myself short by drafting a mediocre team with decent players at every position...ending up with not enough depth to make a beneficial trade. "I need a WR, trade a RB...now I need a RB" type thing.

Now is where you break away from your "safe" picks and go for the gusto! You can do this one of two ways. You can draft one Giants wr, Steve Smith, a 49ers wr, Josh Morgan and so on, or you can pair them up. Take Steve Smith, then later grab Hakeem Nicks. The chances that one of them comes close to or over 1000 yds is pretty good. Somebody has to fill Plax' shoes.

This is where I figure I'll either completely bone myself or find a steal. I've got two 7th round picks and two 12th round picks. I'd like to be in a position to be able to take a risk on someone by the 7th round and not be in a position of "need" at any specific starting position. WR/WR in the 1st and 3rd, RB in the 5th, Team/Defense in the 6th. My biggest worry in the draft is what seems to be a lack of depth at RB...not only available to my team, but the league as a whole. Everything is still up in the air at this point...still researching when I can. Thanks for the help.

12 team keeper league. Slaton is my keeper Keepers are below, do I take an LT/Gore type or stud WR like Fitz/Moss and hold my breath until the wrap around?

My thought is to get the stud WR since the RB's are so /so and there are lot of rbbc's.

ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED.

Keepers

1 Slaton

2 Marion Barber

3 Matt Forte

4 M J-D

5 Steve Smith WR

6 Chris Johnson

7. Clinton Portis

8. Brandon Jacobs

9 Deangelo Williams

10. Micheal Turner

11. Steven Jackson

12 AP

12 team keeper league. Slaton is my keeper Keepers are below, do I take an LT/Gore type or stud WR like Fitz/Moss and hold my breath until the wrap around?

My thought is to get the stud WR since the RB's are so /so and there are lot of rbbc's.

ANY INPUT IS APPRECIATED.

Keepers

1 Slaton

2 Marion Barber

3 Matt Forte

4 M J-D

5 Steve Smith WR

6 Chris Johnson

7. Clinton Portis

8. Brandon Jacobs

9 Deangelo Williams

10. Micheal Turner

11. Steven Jackson

12 AP

Nice keeper with Slaton. I'm not real high on Chris Brown taking away goalline carries, but it doesn't hurt Chris Johnson having Lendale steal his, so it won't hurt Staton too much either.

If you've read through this thread at all you'll know I'm very high on stud wr's this year. I completely agree with your thought. Grab a stud WR with your first pick and then go after a rb with your second pick. I wouldn't key on a rb though, if a guy like Greg Jennings, Roddy White, Reggie Wayne falls to your second round pick....take'em. Like you said, rb's are so-so and deep due to RBBC. You can still grab quality rb's in the 3rd, 4th and onward.

I like your train of thought!!

Good luck!!

Hey Cuse, you gave me great advice last year so I was hoping to get your thoughts on this:

Drafted from the 8th slot, Standard scoring except 6pt/ passing TD. We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K.

Carson Palmer (6)

LaDainian Tomlinson (1)

Ray Rice (5)

Kevin Smith (3)

Jonathan Stewart (4)

Jamaal Charles (11)

Andre Johnson (2)

T.J. Houshmandzadeh (7)

Kevin Walter (9)

Derrick Mason (8)

Donnie Avery (10)

Josh Morgan (13)

Earl Bennett (14)

Washington (12)

Steven Hauschka (15)

I had some trouble paying attention during this one (crowded, noisy, new draft software on the projector) so I made a real bonehead move taking Kevin Walter when I already had Andre Johnson. I'm not sure whether I should sit on him or start tossing out trade offers?

Hey Cuse, you gave me great advice last year so I was hoping to get your thoughts on this:

Drafted from the 8th slot, Standard scoring except 6pt/ passing TD. We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K.

Carson Palmer (6)

LaDainian Tomlinson (1)

Ray Rice (5)

Kevin Smith (3)

Jonathan Stewart (4)

Jamaal Charles (11)

Andre Johnson (2)

T.J. Houshmandzadeh (7)

Kevin Walter (9)

Derrick Mason (8)

Donnie Avery (10)

Josh Morgan (13)

Earl Bennett (14)

Washington (12)

Steven Hauschka (15)

I had some trouble paying attention during this one (crowded, noisy, new draft software on the projector) so I made a real bonehead move taking Kevin Walter when I already had Andre Johnson. I'm not sure whether I should sit on him or start tossing out trade offers?

First thing that I noticed was Jonathan Stewart with your fourth round pick. That seems awfully early for a running back in a rbbc who gets the smaller amount of touches. I like his TD potential, but I would have much rather had a back with a chance for bigger production. I"M Also not real crazy about LT this year. I think he'll be a decent back, but he won't light it up like the good ole days. He can, I just don't think he will. However, getting Ray Rice a round after JS was great. Rice has pretty good potential. I didn't think he would surpass McGahee, but it seems he has. Charles has potential, but he has to hang onto the ball or his playing time is goin to fade away.

I like your group of wr's. AJ is my top rated wr. Housh is consistant and very good. Don't get rid of Walter, he should have a great year. He'll be close to 1000 yds and should get 10 TD's. Mason is old reliable and Avery has a chance to really breakout with no real competition. Morgan..eh. Then you close your wr's with possibly the steal of the draft. Earl Bennett should not have lasted until the 14th round! He should have been taken before Morgan, helk even before Avery. Well rounded group from top to bottom.

Hauschka...don't know anything about him, but we can assume the Vikes will score alot, so he should too. I don't like Redskins D. Having to play Dallas, Philly and NY twice, yikes.

Overall I think you did decent. I'm not real high on the running backs Stewart and Charles, but LT is a nice back and Rice has nice potential. I'd like to see more playmakers outside of Andre. You have some solid producers, but nobody really stands out as a guy that could breakout. It's possible with a couple guys, but no real threats. Hopefully Palmer will find his old self and become a top fantasy QB again, that would make up for alot. Your starters are good, no question. One thing I always want is a couple guys on my team that have the chance to become elite. No big worry though. I think your team will be competitive and if Rice and Palmer both step up your team could be very good!

Not a bad job, not real exciting, but I think you'll do well.

Thanks Cuse, if it helps justify the Stewart pick my draft was before he got hurt. Would you trade the Redskins D for GB? Also there's a couple WW names I'll run by you: Edgerrin James, Glen Coffee, James Davis, Zach Miller, Kenny Britt, Troy Williamson.

Thanks Cuse for the feedback about my RBs(below)..

I also have Matt Schaub and Calvin Johnson under contract. And I have matching rights on Andre Johnson and Antonio Gates. It's an auction draft, and I will still have a little money to play with. Assuming I keep Johnson and Gates, do you think QB becomes my #1 need? I like Schaubs upside, but could make a play for McNabb or Rivers. With that said, there is some talent at WR too - Roy Williams, Braylon, or even Reggie Wayne. I guess I'm wondering if Schaub can carry me or if it's too risky to roll with him?

QUOTE(Cuse9 @ Aug 24 2009, 07:09 PM) *

You're fine. Portis a good #1. As for McFadden, I'm not so sure he's your #2 or #5? McFadden, Moreno and Rice all have a world of potential. Personally I really like Moreno this year and Rice seems be getting better by the day. Lynch is good, he just needs to stay out of trouble! We all know McFadden has a world of potential. Whether he'll be able to fulfill it in Oakland remains to be seen? I think you're sitting great. A solid back in Portis and four backs that should do very well.

Your biggest problem is going to be weeks 1-5. You're going to have a tough time deciding which one to start. It's hard to play match-up games for your starters. About the time you sit McFadden for Rice, McFadden blows up! You really need one of your guys to really step up and make it a no brainer to start him. If they are all doing decent, you're going to pull your hair out trying to figure out which ones to sit and which ones to start!

I think you did a great job corralling your rb's in any event. The problem I foresee is definitly a good problem! Much better than trying to decide which back might get you twenty yards.

I wouldn't try and upgrade, in the long run it may end up that you actually downgraded. Great potential. Let the season sort them out and see who rises to the top.

I am in Keeper PPR league and can keep 2 of the guys listed below. I have the draft round pick I would need to give up for them.

We start 1 QB, 2RB, 1WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

I am keeping Gore as well as my 1st rounder. I am possibly doing a trade for Reggie Wayne as a 2nd rounder? But until then here are the guys.

Which 2?

WR Greg Jennings (3rd round pick)

RB Ronnie Brown (6th round pick)

RB Derrick Ward (8th round pick)

WR Brandon marshall (8th round pick)

TE Jason Witten (8th round pick)

Thanks for your help.

Thanks Cuse, if it helps justify the Stewart pick my draft was before he got hurt. Would you trade the Redskins D for GB? Also there's a couple WW names I'll run by you: Edgerrin James, Glen Coffee, James Davis, Zach Miller, Kenny Britt, Troy Williamson.

Redskins or Green Bay. I would take Green Bay over Washington. I like GB's schedule a little more. Outside of their conference (Det twice) they play TB, Cinci, Clev, StL, SF while Washington drew a little harder competition, SD, Caro, Saints plus Philly, Dallas and NY Giants twice. I'm sure GB will rebound from a disappointing season. They will be unveiling a new defense which should create more TO's. One thing about Washington, I love Safety Chris Horton, he has star written all over him!

As for the other question: I wouldn't drop Stewart for any of the mentioned names, but I would definitly moniter James Davis!! He looks great so far and Lewis isn't a back that can carry a team like he did back in the day. The face of the Browns is changing (Quinn, Robiskie, Massoquoi....) so I wouldn't be a bit surprized to see Davis take over soon than later! Cleveland has a very good offensive line so a "Chris Johnson/Steve Slaton" type year isn't out of the question. I'm not saying he has their ability, but he can earn the feature back role quickly and become a very nice fantasy back!

I am in Keeper PPR league and can keep 2 of the guys listed below. I have the draft round pick I would need to give up for them.

We start 1 QB, 2RB, 1WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

I am keeping Gore as well as my 1st rounder. I am possibly doing a trade for Reggie Wayne as a 2nd rounder? But until then here are the guys.

Which 2?

WR Greg Jennings (3rd round pick)

RB Ronnie Brown (6th round pick)

RB Derrick Ward (8th round pick)

WR Brandon marshall (8th round pick)

TE Jason Witten (8th round pick)

Thanks for your help.

I love Greg Jennings this year. He has a great chance to outproduce last years stats. Personally, I think I'd keep him and lose a third over keeping Gore and losing a first. HOWEVER, Ronnie Brown for a sixth! Wow, what a deal there. Once again, I see him with phenomenal potential this year. I liken him to LT is LT's glory days. While he may not be that dominate, they will use him the same way SD used LT which could translate into him being a fantasy elite! AND THEN....you have a Witten and would only lose an 8th! I'm as high as ever on Witten this year! Marshall is a basketcase this year and Ward has RBBC written all over him. Forget those two.

Forget Wayne. You have much, much better options. Jennings, Brown or Witten would be the three I would debate over. If you keep Jennings and Brown you still have a 1, 2, 4, 5 to fill in QB, RB, WR, WR/TE. Very nice! If you kept Witten you get a TE that can put up WR1 numbers and only lose an 8th.

My decision would be Witten and lose an 8th and Jennings and lose a third. Then I would hope to get top rb (Brown?) in the first round.

Definitly get back with me after your draft. I'm curious to how things will unfold!! Good luck.

Hey Cuse9

4th pick help - I thinking 1st 3 are AP - MJD - Forte -

Who to pick - std scoring 0.5 PPR.

I'm leaning on taking LT, but debate several others including D Williams, S Jax scares me with the team and QB issues.

What do you think.

Hey Cuse9

4th pick help - I thinking 1st 3 are AP - MJD - Forte -

Who to pick - std scoring 0.5 PPR.

I'm leaning on taking LT, but debate several others including D Williams, S Jax scares me with the team and QB issues.

What do you think.

The only RB I would take at four is Michael Turner. I'm not a big fan of his, but at pick #4 he's the only value after MJD, Peterson and Forte.

I would do one of two things: I would either try and trade down or draft a wide receiver. If you trade down, maybe swap your first two picks with the guy drafting 7-8-9? If you trade down there is still a chance LT will fall to you anyway. If you trade down you get a first rounder that will hold roughly the same value as the fourth overall and you will get a better second round pick. Plus, there is still a chance that LT will fall to you.

So, for me it's Turner or Fitz/Aj or trade down. My first choice would be trading down.

Absolutely! I would stay away from Marshall until we find out what is going on. If you're going to get rid of Fitz, that is a deal to jump on if this was last year. We have no clue how Marshall would be used in McDaniels offense and most likely he'll end up in a Jets uniform anyway. I'm very high on Roddy White, but not that high!

Marshall is a guy to avoid at all costs as of right now. Hopefully I won't be put in a position where he is the best available. I would hate to have to draft him. He's on pace to get a two/three game suspension for "conduct detrimental to the team" and then who knows what will happen.

And so it has come already! Now is the time to moniter this situation closely! They suspended him now in hopes he would "learn his lesson" and be ready to play this season. If things start to get worse just stay away all together. However, if it looks as though the sides have come together (by some miracle of a chance) in the next two weeks then he is still worth drafting. He may be behind a few weeks, but do not doubt his abilities. He could come in and light it up!! He wants a new deal, so be ready for him to step up his game.

Again, moniter extremely close!!

non PPR

Who do you take as RB2, to pair with Michael Turner?

Reggie Bush, Darren McFadden, Thomas Jones or Marshawn Lynch?

thanks

When the 'Cuse is in the house!!!

Posted this in the help forum, but you look like the man to see, so here goes..........

1st pick in a 12 team keeper draft. My keepers are:

A. Peterson-RB

MJD- RB

Steve Smith- WR

My scoring system is as follows and this is NOT PPR:

Special Scoring for Quarterbacks

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -1 point

Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 2 points

PaInt - Passing Interception -1 point

PaTD - Passing TD 6 points

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points

ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points

Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points

RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points

TotYd - Passing, Rushing & Receiving Yards 0 - 999 TotYds = 1 point for every 30 TotYds

Special Scoring for Running Backs

IKRTD - Individual Kick Return TD 6 points

IPRTD - Individual Punt Return TD 6 points

TotYd - Passing, Rushing & Receiving Yards 0 - 999 TotYds = 1 point for every 10 TotYds

Special Scoring for Wide Receivers

TotYd - Passing, Rushing & Receiving Yards 0 - 999 TotYds = 1 point for every 8 TotYds

We start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, a FLEX (WR/RB/TE) Kicker, and Def, and WE ARE NOT required to start a TE.

I pick FIRST overall, with my next pick NOT coming until 21 overall in round 2 (and 28 overall in round 3) with the best players available being:

RB's Gore, Kevin Smith, Pierre Thomas, Thomas Jones, Lynch, Addai, Derrick Ward

WR' Roddy White, Bow, Ocho Cinco, B. Edwards, Welker, Colsten, Gonzales, Holmes, Royal, V, Jackson, D. Jackson,

WB's McNabb, Cutler, Big Ben, Warner, Ryan, Schaub, Palmer, Garrard, Cassell, Hasselback

Do I go balls out on RB's and take Gore.........or do I solidify my WR's out of a thin crop and go with White? Do I bag both and go QB?

Out of the 12 teams in the league, 6 have NO Qb's and they all pick after me in round 1. Do I reach? Last year I waited and was stuck with Hasselback and Bulger, having to trade for Warner later in the season. However, those same 12 teams, 10 only have 1 WR, and 1 has 2 WR's. 1 guy has no WR's.

Thanks for the help on this board. You guys are rockstars each and every season. Go Jets!

Fitz

non PPR

Who do you take as RB2, to pair with Michael Turner?

Reggie Bush, Darren McFadden, Thomas Jones or Marshawn Lynch?

thanks

Bush just has too many injury issues since he's been in the NFL. After the last knee issue I'll be passing on him in all my drafts.

Lynch and the three game suspension is too much for a #2. He may kick it in after he returns or the Bills may find they don't really need the headache he's become. He'll play for sure, but I could see Buffalo becoming RBBC with Lynch, Jackson and Rhodes.

Thomas Jones. I wrote him off about seven years ago. Then I wrote him off five years ago...and somehow he keeps plugging away?! In 07 he went from 1200 yds to 1100 yds, finally I was right, he was done. Then he comes back with 1300 yds last year. Well, surprize, I'm writing him off again. I think with Green, Sanchez, Clowney, Keller, Mangold.....the Jets are ready to go young and become a great team. I see Greene finding his way onto the field alot as he shows a glimpse of what he'll be next year as the feature.

That leaves Darren McFadden. Of the four I like his potential this year more than the others. Of course he's a Raider and we never really have a clue what they'll do!

It is a tough decision. Bush is dynamite when he's healthy, but he's hurt too much to depend on as a #2 back. Lynch suspension opens the door up to RBBC, again, bad for a #2. T. Jones can't do it again....can he? That leaves McFadden. He has tremendous skills running and receiving. He should be on the field and alot which will present an abundance of opportunities.

When the 'Cuse is in the house!!!

Posted this in the help forum, but you look like the man to see, so here goes..........

1st pick in a 12 team keeper draft. My keepers are:

A. Peterson-RB

MJD- RB

Steve Smith- WR

My scoring system is as follows and this is NOT PPR:

Special Scoring for Quarterbacks

TotYd - Passing, Rushing & Receiving Yards 0 - 999 TotYds = 1 point for every 30 TotYds

Special Scoring for Running Backs

TotYd - Passing, Rushing & Receiving Yards 0 - 999 TotYds = 1 point for every 10 TotYds

Special Scoring for Wide Receivers

TotYd - Passing, Rushing & Receiving Yards 0 - 999 TotYds = 1 point for every 8 TotYds

We start 1 QB, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, a FLEX (WR/RB/TE) Kicker, and Def, and WE ARE NOT required to start a TE.

I pick FIRST overall, with my next pick NOT coming until 21 overall in round 2 (and 28 overall in round 3) with the best players available being:

RB's Gore, Kevin Smith, Pierre Thomas, Thomas Jones, Lynch, Addai, Derrick Ward

WR' Roddy White, Bow, Ocho Cinco, B. Edwards, Welker, Colsten, Gonzales, Holmes, Royal, V, Jackson, D. Jackson,

WB's McNabb, Cutler, Big Ben, Warner, Ryan, Schaub, Palmer, Garrard, Cassell, Hasselback

Do I go balls out on RB's and take Gore.........or do I solidify my WR's out of a thin crop and go with White? Do I bag both and go QB?

Out of the 12 teams in the league, 6 have NO Qb's and they all pick after me in round 1. Do I reach? Last year I waited and was stuck with Hasselback and Bulger, having to trade for Warner later in the season. However, those same 12 teams, 10 only have 1 WR, and 1 has 2 WR's. 1 guy has no WR's.

Thanks for the help on this board. You guys are rockstars each and every season. Go Jets!

Fitz

No question! This one is easy as Sunday Morning (insert Lionel Richie)

Roddy White. He's no fluke. After posting a 1200 yard season in 07, he comes back with a 1300 yd season. 88-1382-7 to be exact. In the past three years he's improved his catches, yards and TD's every single year. He's going into his sixth year and his contract is up after the season. It is a myth that players perform better looking for a big payday, but after this year he will be a top five paid wr and have three 1200+ seasons to his credit. The chemistry between Roddy and Ryan is perfect and will only get better. While his TD total prolly won't rise too much due to Gonzo, Turner and Jenkins, he's a lock for 85+ receptions, 1250+ yds and 6-8 TD's for next four or five years. If something should happen to Steve, then Roddy is a perfect guy to take his place as one of your keepers in the future.

I am a big fan of Gore, but with your scoring wr's will get more points. Well, check that, solid stud wr's such as Roddy White will get you more points. I have just finished my 09 wide receiver rankings and I have Roddy White as my #5 ranked WR, ranked right behind Steve Smith. If Roddy can post 10+ TD's this year he'll compete for top wr honors.

In any event, great job on your keepers!! Peterson and MJD make your draft pretty easy this year. Those two together will outscore three players by themselves!

Good luck!!

No question! This one is easy as Sunday Morning (insert Lionel Richie)

Roddy White. He's no fluke. After posting a 1200 yard season in 07, he comes back with a 1300 yd season. 88-1382-7 to be exact. In the past three years he's improved his catches, yards and TD's every single year. He's going into his sixth year and his contract is up after the season. It is a myth that players perform better looking for a big payday, but after this year he will be a top five paid wr and have three 1200+ seasons to his credit. The chemistry between Roddy and Ryan is perfect and will only get better. While his TD total prolly won't rise too much due to Gonzo, Turner and Jenkins, he's a lock for 85+ receptions, 1250+ yds and 6-8 TD's for next four or five years. If something should happen to Steve, then Roddy is a perfect guy to take his place as one of your keepers in the future.

I am a big fan of Gore, but with your scoring wr's will get more points. Well, check that, solid stud wr's such as Roddy White will get you more points. I have just finished my 09 wide receiver rankings and I have Roddy White as my #5 ranked WR, ranked right behind Steve Smith. If Roddy can post 10+ TD's this year he'll compete for top wr honors.

In any event, great job on your keepers!! Peterson and MJD make your draft pretty easy this year. Those two together will outscore three players by themselves!

Good luck!!

Gracias! I had been leaning that way, but now I am certain. I will probably will follow that up with the best WR or RB in Rnd 2, with possibly a qb in 3. We shall see. Thanks for the response.

Hello Cuse.

Which starting lineup is better?

Team A

QB - Palmer

RB - Tomlinson, Williams

WR - Welker, Royal, Walter

TE - Cooley

Team B

QB - Warner

RB - Gore, Thomas

WR - S.Smith, Breaston, Washington

TE - Heap

Cuse

waiver wire question

1 ppr league

Troy Williamson as my WR7 or drop him and add Jermichael Finley as my TE3 ?

thanks

Had my 16 team draft recently, before Favre signed in Minny. Could you please rate my team for me. PPR, All Tds 6points, WR, RB, TE earn bonus @ 125,175,225 QBs @ 325,375,425

1. Maurice Jones-Drew RB

2. Kevin Smith RB

3. Philip Rivers QB

4. Dwayne Bowe WR

5. Anthony Gonzalez WR

6. Beanie Wells RB

7. Philadelphia DEF

8. Kevin Walter WR

9. Chester Taylor RB

10. Brent Celek TE

11. Earl Bennett WR

12. Shonn Greene RB

13. Davone Bess WR

14. Sage Rosenfels QB

15. Ricky Williams RB

16. Steven Hauschka K

Hello Cuse.

Which starting lineup is better?

Team A

QB - Palmer

RB - Tomlinson, Williams

WR - Welker, Royal, Walter

TE - Cooley

Team B

QB - Warner

RB - Gore, Thomas

WR - S.Smith, Breaston, Washington

TE - Heap

I'm not falling for this one. It's a trick question because both are on the same team :shocking:

I have a feeling though that Team B will pull some things off within the week to change their team!! Todd Heap, what was that guy thinking!!

Cuse

waiver wire question

1 ppr league

Troy Williamson as my WR7 or drop him and add Jermichael Finley as my TE3 ?

thanks

It really depends on the team needs. Both Finley and Williamson have looked great in the pre-season. Williamson has been a disappointment his entire career and came into this year with a new attitude and it's showing thus far. Last year we saw a few glimpses of what Finley could do.

Since we know Jacksonville is a run first team and GB likes to throw alot more I would rather take a chance with Finley. Even if Williamson turns out to score more fantasy points by the end of the year, Finley could be a more consistant point getter. Williamson looks like he's gonna be a big play guy which could result in games of 4-134-1 and then 1-4 the next. Factor in that Mike Walker is supposed to be the #2 and he's been hurt much of the pre-season....Williamson could/should lose time to him.

Biggest factor here is which do you need more? TE or WR? They're both great guys to take a chance on this year.

Had my 16 team draft recently, before Favre signed in Minny. Could you please rate my team for me. PPR, All Tds 6points, WR, RB, TE earn bonus @ 125,175,225 QBs @ 325,375,425

1. Maurice Jones-Drew RB

2. Kevin Smith RB

3. Philip Rivers QB

4. Dwayne Bowe WR

5. Anthony Gonzalez WR

6. Beanie Wells RB

7. Philadelphia DEF

8. Kevin Walter WR

9. Chester Taylor RB

10. Brent Celek TE

11. Earl Bennett WR

12. Shonn Greene RB

13. Davone Bess WR

14. Sage Rosenfels QB

15. Ricky Williams RB

16. Steven Hauschka K

16 Teamer, big league! The wide receivers look very good. They are all good and have room for improvement this year. Bess, Bennett and Gonzo haven't even come close to hitting their potential. Bowe could explode under Haley. It looks as though Haley's treatment of Bowe is working to perfection! With the runnning backs you once again did a very nice job. MJD and Smith should be a nice 1-2 punch and then you managed to get Wells with tremendous upside, Taylor is a nice bye week fill in and Greene should play a big role sooner rather than later. As a Denver Broncos fan I must first say, I hate Philip Rivers and hope he catches a nasty season ending disease from a hooker in Oakland! However, he's turned into a solid fantasy QB and should be a very good point producer with the rest of your team. Finally, Philly always has a good D. Cole should be a monter in the sack category this year. I would like to see more opportunists on defense though. Hopefully Maclin takes a few punts to the house!!

Very nice team. That team is pretty nice for a 14 team league let alone 16. It's not rock solid, but it's a little better than that for the way that I like to set my teams up. I would rather have guys that haven't peaked and have a chance to put up monster years over guys that will simply have a solid year.

Great job at every position. It's prolly gonna be tough to find a replacement for Rosenfels. I would try and go after Flacco, he's cheap and they play Cinci on SD's bye week.

Good luck, you should have a pretty good year!!

16 teams

Scoring

Passing: .5 per completion, 6 per TD, -3 per INT, -2 per sack, 1 per 25 yds

Rushing/Receiving is typical..no PPR

Roster: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, R/W, TE, K, D

Joined the league last minute to help a friend and probably should have thought a little harder about my draft strategy, because i ended up pretty thin at QB in this very QB slanted league.

QB: Cassel, Edwards

RB: M. Turner, P. Thomas, D. Ward, F. Jackson, R. Mendenhall,

WR: Jennings, Ochocinco, Moore, Curtis, Schilens, Crayton

I get Tom Brady and M. Lynch

I give Edwards and Turner

The other owner is very weak at RB. We've talked about this trade before and i think i could pull it off. I'm having some trouble weighing value with this scoring system for QBs. What do you think?

Thanks!

I'm in a 12 team keeper league, PPR. Each team has to keep 3 players. I have LT, SJackson, Roddy White, Jennings, Witten and can only keep 3. I have been offered a 2nd rounder for LT. What to do? I believe LT will bounce back but I'm leaning towards doing the trade as it will allow me to keep SJack, Jennings & Roddy, who are all better long term keepers.

16 teams

Scoring

Passing: .5 per completion, 6 per TD, -3 per INT, -2 per sack, 1 per 25 yds

Rushing/Receiving is typical..no PPR

Roster: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, R/W, TE, K, D

Joined the league last minute to help a friend and probably should have thought a little harder about my draft strategy, because i ended up pretty thin at QB in this very QB slanted league.

QB: Cassel, Edwards

RB: M. Turner, P. Thomas, D. Ward, F. Jackson, R. Mendenhall,

WR: Jennings, Ochocinco, Moore, Curtis, Schilens, Crayton

I get Tom Brady and M. Lynch

I give Edwards and Turner

The other owner is very weak at RB. We've talked about this trade before and i think i could pull it off. I'm having some trouble weighing value with this scoring system for QBs. What do you think?

Thanks!

I would take the Brady trade. Cassell may turn into a nice QB and Edwards could be alright as well, Tom Brady is money! Last year was a freak injury that you can never predict. Disregard that ever happened. Judging from pre-season, there are no worries. Brady/Moss/Welker are picking right back up where they left off. Since you have Jackson already Lynch makes sense for you. Best case scenerio is Lynch takes the job over full go when he gets back. If he doesn't at the very least you have both and one should be a decent start every week.

If you guess how many points Brady will get compared to Cassel and Turner to Lynch, I would guess Brady would outscore Cassell more than Turner would outscore Lynch. We'll just say Cassell (or Edwards) and Turner get you 31 ppg, I think Brady and Lynch can get you 35 ppg. It's definitly a close trade and either side can be the "winner" by the end of the year.

You have a deep enough team that you can afford to lose Turner in exchange for Lynch since you're getting a solid QB, which you do not have.

I would make the trade. It sures up your QB situation and at the same time gives you a solid 1 and 2 in Buffalo.

I'm in a 12 team keeper league, PPR. Each team has to keep 3 players. I have LT, SJackson, Roddy White, Jennings, Witten and can only keep 3. I have been offered a 2nd rounder for LT. What to do? I believe LT will bounce back but I'm leaning towards doing the trade as it will allow me to keep SJack, Jennings & Roddy, who are all better long term keepers.

I'm not a fan of SJax. I'm not sure why everyone is so high on him. He has an average QB, no viable wr's and a bad offensive line. His stats the past few years haven't been anything to get excited about. He had an outstanding 2006 and has been average at best since then. The biggest problem is he can't stay on the field. Do you really want one of your three best players to be on your bench with injury for parts of the season? I wouldn't trade, draft, keep this guy for anything. Not that he can't stay healthy and put it all together and have a huge year, but when I think of my top three players, their main job is to cancel out the opposing teams top three players. I can't depend on Jackson to be there to cancel out one of the other teams top three and that means I'm down 10-15 points every game that I have to hope my bench can pick up for me.

Jennings and White are solid keepers. Both #1 on teams that can flatout score! The wr pool is thin this year so I really like the stud wr's going into this year. The quality of rb's in the later rounds will be better than you think.

I would keep LT, Jennings and White. I agree on LT, I don't think he'll be a top five back, but he'll be a consistant scorer every week. If you're deadset on keeping Jackson then I would do the trade. It will give you two solid wr's. IF Jackson can stay healthy and fend off the militia that will be thrown at him every game he could be great. He has the skills, he just don't have the team or healthy body to get it done..IMO.

Good luck!!

Ok try and answer this question....

Hello All,

I have a live annual 20 team cbs pay league tonight......IDP's included.

I'am picking 17th in Rd 1 ,24th in Rd 2, and so on.

With this many teams we can only draft 2 QB/RB's during the draft but once draft is done it's fair game to grab more.

My delima is do i take QB/RB or RB/WR with the first two picks?

So if you have some advice please shout out to me and I will be glad to take your question.

ACTIVE ROSTER:

EMPTY QB - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY RB - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY RB-WR-TE - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY WR - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY TE - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY K - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY DL - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY LB - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY DB - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY DL-LB-DB

8 Bench Reserves

:overhead:

I'm not a fan of SJax. I'm not sure why everyone is so high on him. He has an average QB, no viable wr's and a bad offensive line. His stats the past few years haven't been anything to get excited about. He had an outstanding 2006 and has been average at best since then. The biggest problem is he can't stay on the field. Do you really want one of your three best players to be on your bench with injury for parts of the season? I wouldn't trade, draft, keep this guy for anything. Not that he can't stay healthy and put it all together and have a huge year, but when I think of my top three players, their main job is to cancel out the opposing teams top three players. I can't depend on Jackson to be there to cancel out one of the other teams top three and that means I'm down 10-15 points every game that I have to hope my bench can pick up for me.

Jennings and White are solid keepers. Both #1 on teams that can flatout score! The wr pool is thin this year so I really like the stud wr's going into this year. The quality of rb's in the later rounds will be better than you think.

I would keep LT, Jennings and White. I agree on LT, I don't think he'll be a top five back, but he'll be a consistant scorer every week. If you're deadset on keeping Jackson then I would do the trade. It will give you two solid wr's. IF Jackson can stay healthy and fend off the militia that will be thrown at him every game he could be great. He has the skills, he just don't have the team or healthy body to get it done..IMO.

Good luck!!

Thanks for the insight. The problem also is that LT is much more tradeable than SJax. I'm trying to maximize my depth of keepers and draft picks. If somebody offers up something similar for SJax, I could go that route also.

I got offered Wes Welker and Larry Johnson for Pierre Thomas and Santana Moss. Should I accept? It's on yahoo standard scoring.

Ok try and answer this question....

Hello All,

I have a live annual 20 team cbs pay league tonight......IDP's included.

I'am picking 17th in Rd 1 ,24th in Rd 2, and so on.

With this many teams we can only draft 2 QB/RB's during the draft but once draft is done it's fair game to grab more.

My delima is do i take QB/RB or RB/WR with the first two picks?

So if you have some advice please shout out to me and I will be glad to take your question.

ACTIVE ROSTER:

EMPTY QB - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY RB-WR-TE - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY TE - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY K - - - - - - - - -

EMPTY DL-LB-DB

8 Bench Reserves

:dunno:

I think you have to go QB/RB with 20 teams. If you can land a guy like Frank Gore with the first pick then get Matt Schuab with your swing around pick that would be nice. Or try and grab Rodgers/Rivers/Warner with pick one and pray that Ryan Grant makes it back around to you with your second rounder.

In the third and fourth rounds I would seriously think about taking IDP's. Since you're picking so far back by your third round pick the great players will be gone and you'll be picking hopefuls at QB/RB/WR, so why not pick stud IDP's? After the draft come back and let us know how you did and what strategy you implied once it got to your pick.

Good luck

I got offered Wes Welker and Larry Johnson for Pierre Thomas and Santana Moss. Should I accept? It's on yahoo standard scoring.

No. Pierre is a much better RB than LJ. LJ has looked pretty good coming into camp, but there is no clear plan on what Haley expects to do. We already know that the Saints fully intend on running the ball more this year and Pierre stands to benefit the most from that. Welker is great, but Moss should flourish in that offense this year. Moss isn't just a deep threat anymore. He's a great all around wr, but doesn't get credit for it. He'll catch alot of short passes on the run this year.

Keep what you got!

Finley or Winslow at TE?

Winslow no question. Finley is an intriguing prospect this year, but Winslow has proven he can get the job done if the ball is thrown his way.

I'm not falling for this one. It's a trick question because both are on the same team :lol:

I have a feeling though that Team B will pull some things off within the week to change their team!! Todd Heap, what was that guy thinking!!

damn, I thought I could trick you! :dunno:

What if I get housh instead of welker in that same trade?

Definitly no. I like Welker better than Housh!

CUSE YOU ARE A SAINT.

can you rate my team:

picked at 4 in a .5 PPR league. 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, K, DEF.

1. (4) Maurice Jones-Drew

2. (21) Roddy White

3. (28) Kevin Smith

4. (45) Terrell Owens

5. (52) Bernard Berrian

6. (69) Carson Palmer

7. (76) Knowshon Moreno

8. (93) Zach Miller

9. (100) Ben Roethlisberger

10. (117) Chicago

11. (124) Ted Ginn Jr.

12. (141) Dustin Keller