Sign in to follow this  
KSB2424

Civil Political Topic of the Day

Is it just me or every time poor economic news comes out, or bad numbers for Obama comes out, or Pelosi gets hammered for something wacky, a new Bush eight year old 'scandal' comes flying out of the woodwork as a diversion?

Coincidence or Deliberate? :banana:

It's almost like clockwork.

Is it just me or every time poor economic news comes out, or bad numbers for Obama comes out, or Pelosi gets hammered for something wacky, a new Bush eight year old 'scandal' comes flying out of the woodwork as a diversion?

Coincidence or Deliberate? :banana:

It's called smart politics. It's the same a announcing bad news on a Friday afternoon.

It's called smart politics. It's the same a announcing bad news on a Friday afternoon.

I wonder if Obama's team has a file of Bush scandals somewhere in the White House that they hold on to for times like this?

I can see it now. Obama wakes up to read the headline Unemployment still declining - Did the Stimulus do anything? in the New York Times, so he makes a call to some underground intern and says: "Release the Panetta files!@#!" "If it gets worse we may have to leak that Cheney with the prostitute photo from 1986, but save that one until we reach critical mass".

HUGE fan of Pancetta. Some people are into Proscuitto, others Soprasetta, but for me, definitely a big fan of Pancetta. Good Topic. :banana:

Congress seems like so much of a batch of kooks right now, I would actually feel better if only one guy was calling the shots.

Congress seems like so much of a batch of kooks right now, I would actually feel better if only one guy was calling the shots.

This is how Chancellor Palpatine became emperor. :banana:

I wonder if Obama's team has a file of Bush scandals somewhere in the White House that they hold on to for times like this?

I can see it now. Obama wakes up to read the headline Unemployment still declining - Did the Stimulus do anything? in the New York Times, so he makes a call to some underground intern and says: "Release the Panetta files!@#!" "If it gets worse we may have to leak that Cheney with the prostitute photo from 1986, but save that one until we reach critical mass".

Cheney cannot feel anything....emotionally or physically....so there never was any rendezvous with a ######....poor example.

Oh, and I like how you conveniently gloss over the fact that some of these allegations against Cheney might actually have some merit.

Oh, and I like how you conveniently gloss over the fact that some of these allegations against Cheney might actually have some merit.

I'm not saying what is true and what isn't. I'm sure there are all kinds of scandals and such that have merit, and some that don't.

It just seems like stuff that happened long ago comes out piece by piece at certain times. Makes you wonder if 90% of the crap from both sides is just political posturing one way or the other.

That's all.

Cheney cannot feel anything....emotionally or physically....so there never was any rendezvous with a ######....poor example.

You mean like you just conveniently glossed over the fact that ksb's post might actually have merit?

Coincidence or Deliberate? :thumbsdown:

Mebbe they are getting desperate. Mebbe they thought having Michael Jackson kilt would have bought them more time.

Ok, I'll bite this stinky lame bait.

The convolutions you people go through trying to attack Obama make you look like mutant pretzels. :thumbsdown:

You mean like you just conveniently glossed over the fact that ksb's post might actually have merit?

KSB's post doesn't have merit. Cheney is asexual, and is incapable of forming most human emotional reactions....disgust and vengeance notwithstanding. Therefore D!ck with a hore is impossible....it could never happen.

Serious answer for a bit:

Look, BushCo has had free reign to wipe their ass with the constitution for 8 years. No-bid contracts, illegal wiretaps, etc. There's certainly smoke, not sure about fire. The Dem Congress has been in power for less than six months. I'm not surprised that you'd see investigations now. I'm sure part of it's legit and part of it is "we're in power now, so it's payback time." That's one of the things I liked about Obummer - He wasn't interested in digging up the past while Congress was thrilled with the idea.

Now, 2 years from now if they're still pulling that crap...

Look, BushCo has had free reign to wipe their ass with the constitution for 8 years. No-bid contracts, illegal wiretaps, etc. There's certainly smoke, not sure about fire. The Dem Congress has been in power for less than six months. I'm not surprised that you'd see investigations now. I'm sure part of it's legit and part of it is "we're in power now, so it's payback time." That's one of the things I liked about Obummer - He wasn't interested in digging up the past while Congress was thrilled with the idea.

Less than six months?

Yeah, I get the sense this is less Obama and more the Pelosi crowd. It seems that Obama really would like to look forward and not back (publically at least) which I give him props. ;)

Yeah, I get the sense this is less Obama and more the Pelosi crowd. It seems that Obama really would like to look forward and not back (publically at least) which I give him props. ;)

Then why is Obama's boy, Holder, the one doing the digging?

Then why is Obama's boy, Holder, the one doing the digging?

Holder doesn't just take his orders from the POTUS. If Congress tells him to investigate, he pretty much has to if he wants to keep his job.

Now, how far he takes the matter is whole 'nother story. ;)

I was thinking about joining the “Pelosi blather, quit picking on Bush” circle jerk. Then I decided not to.

This wasn’t an allegation from the Bush era. This was a notification that the CIA was closing the program NOW as reported to Congress. During that disclosure, they determined that the CIA had withheld this program from Congress for 8 years under direct instruction from Cheney.

This isn’t old news, this is current news. But it does serve to validate those in Congress who claim they didn’t get the whole story.

yes, a secret few in the government did a covert cia operation for years and didn't tell congress--and by your logic the people breaking the story are the ones guilty of a conspiracy.

brilliant.

Less than six months?

Count from inauguration day 6 months, and you'll find we haven't gotten there yet.

Count from inauguration day 6 months, and you'll find we haven't gotten there yet.

The Democrats have controlled congress since 2006.

yes, a secret few in the government did a covert cia operation for years and didn't tell congress--and by your logic the people breaking the story are the ones guilty of a conspiracy.

brilliant.

I'm just now getting up to speed on this 'story', but everything I'm reading (CNN and WSJ) says this was just a CIA plan and was never operational. Is that correct?

I'm just now getting up to speed on this 'story', but everything I'm reading (CNN and WSJ) says this was just a CIA plan and was never operational. Is that correct?

it matters not according to the law. the cia has no authority to test-tube and plan things and leave out congress.

pretty focking simple.

and we don't know what was or wasn't implemented (unless you want to take a focktard like karl rove's word for it--or cheney's people. yeah, thought so.) the dirty rumor is that the "we're just trying to combat terrorists" is a cover for a lot of spying on americans by the cia--which is strictly (also) forbidden.

shouldn't we the people deserve a full accounting of this? if it turns out to be nothing, fine. but i sure as fock ain't taking karl rove's word for it or bill oreilly or anyone on fox. sorry, fox, if i as an american want an impartial congressional investigation of this.

it matters not according to the law. the cia has no authority to test-tube and plan things and leave out congress.

pretty focking simple.

and we don't know what was or wasn't implemented (unless you want to take a focktard like karl rove's word for it--or cheney's people. yeah, thought so.) the dirty rumor is that the "we're just trying to combat terrorists" is a cover for a lot of spying on americans by the cia--which is strictly (also) forbidden.

shouldn't we the people deserve a full accounting of this? if it turns out to be nothing, fine. but i sure as fock ain't taking karl rove's word for it or bill oreilly or anyone on fox. sorry, fox, if i as an american want an impartial congressional investigation of this.

I was just asking a question. So the answer is yes. It was not operational, thanks. :thumbsdown:

Like I said, I really don't know all the details, and I'm not arguing with you per se. It just seems like some stuff gets de-classified, then some stuff is not, then some other stuff gets de-classified at other times, then some stuff remains classified. ect. ect. No matter the situation it is hard to grasp a story or concept when only a portion of it is told (made public). :lol:

I was just asking a question. So the answer is yes. It was not operational, thanks. :o

Like I said, I really don't know all the details, and I'm not arguing with you per se. It just seems like some stuff gets de-classified, then some stuff is not, then some other stuff gets de-classified at other times, then some stuff remains classified. ect. ect. No matter the situation it is hard to grasp a story or concept when only a portion of it is told (made public). :rolleyes:

we don't know if it was operational or not. that's the point. there needs to be a full accounting. then we'll know. the dems bringing the charges don't know all of it yet. karl rove in true gop fashion is TELLING us what to believe.

enough. crack this thing open and get to the bottom of it.

there should not be any sane citizen in this country who disagrees with this--even recliner pilot.

Um, yes it does. Unless you can bring the statute that says Congess must be briefed on every "plan" he CIA comes up with you are full of sh!t. as usual.

Let's look at a few other facts in play here:

1. Since Panetta had his Classified meeting with members of the Intel Committee it only took hours before the details of this classified meeting to hit the press.

2. Bush's CIA Director went on NPR Radio to say he was in no way contrained by the Bush administration in what he was able to brief congress on.

Game, set, match.

Like I said before..........this whole thing is just BS to give cover to Pelosi.

Um, yes it does. Unless you can bring the statute that says Congess must be briefed on every "plan" he CIA comes up with you are full of sh!t. as usual.

Let's look at a few other facts in play here:

1. Since Panetta had his Classified meeting with members of the Intel Committee it only took hours before the details of this classified meeting to hit the press.

2. Bush's CIA Director went on NPR Radio to say he was in no way contrained by the Bush administration in what he was able to brief congress on.

Game, set, match.

Like I said before..........this whole thing is just BS to give cover to Pelosi.

so the cia admits to spending at least $1 million dollars developing this program but won't (as of yet) say exactly how that money was spent--and that's all kosher, eh?

well, we got that solved. attention, congress: shut it down! nothing to see here! some neo con living in his mother's basement has posted on a fantasy football message board that nothing illegal happened.

man, that'll save uncle sam some money. thanks!