Sign in to follow this  
MissionCoach

3rd Pick in a PPR League...who you got?

Drafting in the 3rd spot, assuming MJD and ADP are off the board...who do you take at #3?

S.Jax....... Can he stay healthy?

LT....Does he have 1 more season left in the tank?

Gore.....Productive when healthy

Forte...With the addition of Cutler, will the Bears use more of a pass attack?

Turner...Most valuable pure runner?

S.Jax, LT, and Gore are too risky for my likings. I'm torn between Forte and Tuner, with a slight lean towards the Burner.

Opinions?

I agree with you completely on LT, Gore, and Jackson. I've had all three of them at one point or another in the last 3 years of my dynasty league and have traded all of them due to concerns about durability.

Actually, I've had Turner and Forte as well...both of which I traded too (I trade a lot). I think I'd take Turner here though. He's just less risky to me for some reason. I traded Forte because something about him made me uneasy. Forte may prove me wrong for the next 8 years, but he just scares me. I traded Turner, but that was because I had an offer I couldn't refuse. I think Turner is the least risky guy here. Sure, he could get hurt, but anybody could. Aside from that, I can't imagine him not having a great year...especially with Tony G now demanding attention in the red zone. I'd just make sure to pick Norwood up later on as insurance.

PPR should easily be Forte - he doesn't have any big question marks surrounding him. Turner had 4 catches last year, which is a huge hit for PPR leagues. I don't think he'll quite duplicate last year's numbers, especially his TDs with Tony G. there.

PPR league I have Turner all the way down to #8 - I think Forte is the easy choice.

I think its SJax and not even close. If he plays all year he is a lock to finish top 3. He played last year with a torn groin and should of been sitting. His injuries haven't been joint based like Bush for example and he got off to slow start last year because of holding out. I think anyone who passes on him in a ppr league will come to regret it this year. Just my opinion. Good luck!

I would say Forte. In fact, Fantasy mock draft Centrals latest 361 drafts from 7/12-7/26 have Forte slightly edging out MJD for the #2 spot!

I'm not that high on S. Jax just cause that team is a train wreck and until I see what Spag's and Bulger are gonna do with it.....

It's funny, a lot of the FF rankings have Gore ahead of Slaton but the ADP's in the mocks have Slaton going ahead of Gore.

Drafting in the 3rd spot, assuming MJD and ADP are off the board...who do you take at #3?

S.Jax....... Can he stay healthy?

LT....Does he have 1 more season left in the tank?

Gore.....Productive when healthy

Forte...With the addition of Cutler, will the Bears use more of a pass attack?

Turner...Most valuable pure runner?

S.Jax, LT, and Gore are too risky for my likings. I'm torn between Forte and Tuner, with a slight lean towards the Burner.

Opinions?

I dont think Michael Turner should even be in the discussion for the #3 pick in a point per reception league. He had a career high 6 catches last year. He is already giving up 45-60 points just on receptions to the big time pass catching backs. Thats the equivalent of 300 yards and 3-5 TD's. That's a pretty big gap to make up. Unless you think Turner can duplicate his 1700 yard and 17 TD performance from last year, and even that would only put him in the discussion for a top 3 pick. But it seems likely that his work load will decrease and the Falcons should throw the ball a little more this year as they gain confidence in Matt Ryan. Touchdowns are very hard to predict and expecting 17 from him again seems unlikely. I think a season in the 1400 yard, 12 TD range would be a good guess for Turner. This is a fine season and warrants a high pick in non-ppr leagues. But in ppr leagues this only gets you around 220 points (including his 6 catches). This wouldn't even be good for a top 15-20 scorer in this format. I'd take Forte, Jackson, LT, or Gore over Michael Turner in this format. To me Turner is a late first rounder in ppr leagues, and I likely wouldn't take him until the 2nd round (which he'll never fall that far). Just my opinion.

PPR should easily be Forte - he doesn't have any big question marks surrounding him. Turner had 4 catches last year, which is a huge hit for PPR leagues. I don't think he'll quite duplicate last year's numbers, especially his TDs with Tony G. there.

PPR league I have Turner all the way down to #8 - I think Forte is the easy choice.

Should be Forte. Should is the key word.

I know stats tell you he is the man. I am not fully sold on him. I think hes a good player and all that, but he now has a new QB who will probably be better on his initial reads than the previous starter, and will use the checkdown pass less often.

there is also the whole developing a chemistry and a relationship with the new QB.

If you also believe in the Sophomore slump, then I'd say that Forte may not be the ideal choice for #3 overall.

He is definitely a first round pick, I'm just not sold on him at #3 overall.