Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

Papi: It was supplaments

Not Manny injecting him with what he was using. Yea right. :wave:

Ortiz: I know my name is on the list, but it has to be a mistake. I never did steroids.

ARod: Dammit! Why didn't I think of that? :bench:

I'd just like to add that I never inhaled :bench:

What is the better 'excuse' for failing a drug test?

"It must have been something that was in my over-the-counter, completely legal supplements"

or

"The test must have been faulty. I've never taken steroids"

Or the Ortiz-combination-of-the-two?

What is the better 'excuse' for failing a drug test?

"It must have been something that was in my over-the-counter, completely legal supplements"

or

"The test must have been faulty. I've never taken steroids"

Or the Ortiz-combination-of-the-two?

It seems to be working for the Williams boys in Minny :music_guitarred:

Ortiz: I know my name is on the list, but it has to be a mistake. I never did steroids.

ARod: Dammit! Why didn't I think of that? :music_guitarred:

The union obviously was willing to go to bat for Ortiz. Why? I have no idea.

his 1st answer told it all: no comment. :overhead:

If he -really- didn't do it, and I were in his shoes I'd be: :o I never used steroids! I used many supplements before

they were MLB approved, but never steroids. Tell you what, I'll even take a polygraph test to prove it. Espn can hire the

tester and i'll pay them for it and the results will speak for themselves.

If you have 50mill in the bank and your entire career reputation on the line, that's a puny investment for hugely good results.

:pointstosky:

If it was supplements,why don't these dinks get all the crap they use and have it tested so EVERYONE knows what not to use. I'm tired of the excuse "it must have been an OTC supplement". Well,which one?

If it was supplements,why don't these dinks get all the crap they use and have it tested so EVERYONE knows what not to use. I'm tired of the excuse "it must have been an OTC supplement". Well,which one?

THEY DO

But they didn't do so up until about 7 years ago. Back then when korey stringer died, congress banned ephedra and andro

type supplements. Those were much much less powerful than anabolic steroids, but they could still test you positive. The excuse

that they were tainted is weak. It was quite rare to find a company adding actual roids to a supplement for effectiveness, but it

sure made a popular excuse.

The union obviously was willing to go to bat for Ortiz. Why? I have no idea.

And this is exactly why the guys like Giambi and ARod, who actually man-up and just tell teh truth, are so hard to find. It's so much easier to just play dumb and leave some doubt.

And this is exactly why the guys like Giambi and ARod, who actually man-up and just tell teh truth, are so hard to find. It's so much easier to just play dumb and leave some doubt.

So they are ok, even though they cheated?

Will you give Obama a free pass when he finally admits that he is actually an undercover agent for Al Qaeda? :rolleyes:

So they are ok, even though they cheated?

No, but doing steroids and being honest when caught makes you a better person than doing steroids and lying when you get caught.

Is there anyone who disagrees with that? :thumbsup:

lying = they think you're an idiot and they are without fault

being even somewhat honest = they actually have some regret and consider fan's opinions.

although that doesn't go for all. for exa Aroid, his whole 'honesty' deal was just a PR move, his handlers idea not his

lying = they think you're an idiot and they are without fault

being even somewhat honest = they actually have some regret and consider fan's opinions.

although that doesn't go for all. for exa Aroid, his whole 'honesty' deal was just a PR move, his handlers idea not his

I still can't think of anyone who handled it better than Jason Giambi.

as far as well known players...yup. and it wasn't even about his simply apolorgizing to the fans. what impressed

me was his grand jury testimony where he told -everything-. getting gh shots in the gut, cycles, side effects, everything.

most the other athletes in that trial lied their azzes off and paid a price. he caught some flack for not admitting those

things in the press conf, but verifying that his leaked testimony was true was enuf for me.

No, but doing steroids and being honest when caught makes you a better person than doing steroids and lying when you get caught.

Is there anyone who disagrees with that? :banana:

Americas a forgiving country, even as an animal lover I REALLY feel Vick paid his dues, no reason to not let him play until the 6th-7th week of this NFL season.

Donte Stallworth killed a man for gods sake while under the influence, yet Vick served a harder sentence.

:banana:

Yeah, honesty is admirable, but the question is would they do it whitout the advice of agents and otherwise? Probably not. They all make me mad casue I dont believe ANY of these guys would just ever man up on their own

Barry Bonds did :pointstosky:

Barry Bonds did :thumbsup:

If by "better" you mean, taking so many different roids that your head actually changes shape and you get to go from a great all-around player to a fraud of a power hitter and break a record you have no reason even getting a sniff at, then yes, I agree with you. :pointstosky: