Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round 3 Commentary

per text message from Dan "tell Clash that was pure spite"

Do you know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in Denver?

An Eddie Royale with cheese.

wanna explain that pick dude? I thought the dude would be available in the late 4th for me

wanna explain that pick dude? I thought the dude would be available in the late 4th for me

for what its worth he wouldn't have made it past 4.4 not because I think he should be selected that early but because im sure he wouldn't have made it to 5.9 :pointstosky:

90 receptions in his rookie year, and Marshall has serious problems.

He went at early as 3.1 in the IBL, and he's one of those guys that will make or break fantasy teams this year.

everyone is entitled to their opinion and Housh could very well end up being a huge bust, but if you don't mind me asking... how does Housh come even close to qualifying as a "journeyman"? I'm pretty sure he played his entire career up until now with the same team and has been a productive starter the last 5 years.

And to compare him to Branch, Burleson and Price is pretty unfair. None of those guys have had the careers Housh has had up to this point. Price is the ultimate one hit wonder for his '02 season. Burleson has just never been very good and Branch's regular season was never close to TJ's. His Super Bowl performances were great but for fantasy pusposes he never had 80 catches or 1000 yards or even 6 scores in any year.

Maybe journeyman wasn't exactly the correct term. I must admit you pro Housh guys have some very convincing arguments. I'm definitely going to need to reevaluate my position on Housh.

Also just wanted to mention... this mock is becoming a huge asset to myself, and hopefully other FFToday members. The commentary, analysis and resulting data being generated is just awesome. Happy to be a part of it!

90 receptions in his rookie year, and Marshall has serious problems.

He went at early as 3.1 in the IBL, and he's one of those guys that will make or break fantasy teams this year.

Yea, but he had 3 big games, all against bad defenses. He is also receiving from Orton now, not Cutler. ANd Orton didn't look too hot during the preseason game vs Niners (3ints)

Not saying he's going to have a bad year at all. Like I said, I wanted him at 4.9. Just sayin, I have a few other WRs ahead of the dude.

Yea, but he had 3 big games, all against bad defenses. He is also receiving from Orton now, not Cutler. ANd Orton didn't look too hot during the preseason game vs Niners (3ints)

Not saying he's going to have a bad year at all. Like I said, I wanted him at 4.9. Just sayin, I have a few other WRs ahead of the dude.

your spot on with that analysis but a few things to consider.

Denver will be behind alot this year forcing them to throw. Orton doesn't have a strong arm and should rely on Royal as his Wes Welker WR.

In the first preseason game, Royal was targeted early and often. In 1 quarter of work, despite Ortons horrific outing, Royal still would ahve score nearly 9 fantasy points on 4 catches for 40something yards. Im not a pre season stat ###### but the idea that Royal was targeted so much and produced despite all the negative things his QB was doing is a very good sign.

this mock is becoming a huge asset to myself, and hopefully other FFToday members. The commentary, analysis and resulting data being generated is just awesome. Happy to be a part of it!

Havent' you done this a few times mobb?

I'll be honest that I do mock at the mass mock sites, but I usually get to do 1-2 of these slower/commentary drafts and always seem to get as much value from these as far as opinions/stats/info as just the feel of a draft you get from mock sites.

Always get alot out of these.

Okay . . . here it is.

Rice - Eddie Royal wasn't going to make it to you, because he would have been my next selection. :thumbsdown:

Tony Gonzalez - I guess I don't understand the early comment, unless I'm supposed to draft according to a pre-ordained chart. If I go by that chart, I don't have a chance at Tony Gonzalez, who generally falls in the middle of the 4th round. I guess I'll reach a little for a guy who outscored every TE in the league by not a small margin in PPR. And all reports out of Atlanta are that the QB there loves him, and they're going to make music. I guess I could have gone WR-WR, but frankly, I was stretching to take the one I did, and almost went another direction altogether.

I am curious how this will play out, as I've never drafted at the corner in one of these mocks before. I would have sworn that Clash would go a different direction, if only because he's going to be putting together a RB corps piecemeal.

Tony Gonzalez - I guess I don't understand the early comment, unless I'm supposed to draft according to a pre-ordained chart. If I go by that chart, I don't have a chance at Tony Gonzalez, who generally falls in the middle of the 4th round. I guess I'll reach a little for a guy who outscored every TE in the league by not a small margin in PPR. And all reports out of Atlanta are that the QB there loves him, and they're going to make music. I guess I could have gone WR-WR, but frankly, I was stretching to take the one I did, and almost went another direction altogether.

He was going in the mid fifth in the IBL, and FFC has his ADP at 5.05.

Like I said, early, but if you really wanted him, you had to take him here since he wouldn't make it back to you.