Sign in to follow this  
Effington

Darren McFadden over Larry Johnson?

Hey guys,

I have my draft later today and am looking at either McFadden or Larry Johnson available come my pick. Who do you like more? This is a PPR league.

I like LJ because he's a full-time starter and probably going to get worked pretty hard this year. I do think his average may be low and his team sucks, but he'll get a lot of points as the workhorse. On the other hand, McFadden will be splitting time, but he may get a few more catches. However, Oakland also sucks and his passing game isn't strong anyway.

What do you guys think? It's a keeper league but I have Brees, MJD, and Roddy White, so probably wouldn't keep either LJ or McFadden anyway.

Cheers

Personally, I do not like either, but many would disagree with me on that due to all the Mcfadden talk. I have lightened up on my stance about Run DMC, going so far as to think I might be in a situation in my next two drafts this weekend to actually have to take him based on value. At any rate, I would say Run DMC is the lesser of the two evils. Both are on terrible teams, Run DMC lost O'Neal (an argument for him in many columns) and both will always be a headache, imo, come Sunday. Of course all of this goes away if Run DMC actually lives up to the hype surrounding him, top 15? please, so I guess it depends on what you think about that tier of RBs available v. what you have on your team at that point in value. But to answer your question, Run DMC.

McFadden is a better receiver than runner, so I think he has more value in a PPR. Plus, don't overlook Charles in the KC backfield. I know it's not much of a sample, but in the second preseason game vs. Minnesota, Charles was in on alot of the passing plays. I'm not sure you can call it a full blown RBBC, but Charles does have some value there.

Both teams suck, and both teams have multiple backs in the backfield. But Oakland can pound the rock and has a scarcity of receiving talent. I'd go with McFadden.

Personally, I do not like either, but many would disagree with me on that due to all the Mcfadden talk. I have lightened up on my stance about Run DMC, going so far as to think I might be in a situation in my next two drafts this weekend to actually have to take him based on value. At any rate, I would say Run DMC is the lesser of the two evils. Both are on terrible teams, Run DMC lost O'Neal (an argument for him in many columns) and both will always be a headache, imo, come Sunday. Of course all of this goes away if Run DMC actually lives up to the hype surrounding him, top 15? please, so I guess it depends on what you think about that tier of RBs available v. what you have on your team at that point in value. But to answer your question, Run DMC.

did o'neal get hurt or did you mean he lost Lorenzo Neal?

the Raiders look aweful, just aweful. russell is a joke at qb, garcia is a joke at backup, their WR's suck, and their defense got absolutely torched last night. i'm trying not to draft anybody on that pathetic team.

the Raiders look aweful, just aweful. russell is a joke at qb, garcia is a joke at backup, their WR's suck, and their defense got absolutely torched last night. i'm trying not to draft anybody on that pathetic team.

you can't get any more pathetic than going 0-16 and 2 Lions had fantasy value last year.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off guys like McFadden and Miller because of how bad the Raiders look as a team.

I know I am in the overwhelming minority here but I took LJ one pick ahead of McFadden yesterday. Im just not a McFadden guy. Great college player but I just dont think his game translates all that well to the NFL.

Both teams stink and the Raiders have proven they can run the football if they cant do anything else the last few years. But i just dont trust McFadden from an FF perspective. KC sucks too and now Cassell (who I think is just a step above awful) may be hurt. But for some crazy reason I think LJ is gonna be much better than people think this year.

The schedule is brutal, especially early, and Charles will take touches away. Yet somehow I see LJ being a decent RB2 through it all. Again, I know 98% of people wont agree with me here. And LJ could easily be useless like redtodd says but call it a hunch. We shall see over the next few months.

LJ, without question.

You will be sorry if you take McFadden.

I know the yahoo experts like McFadden this year but I think I'd pick Larry Johnson. "Diapers" has produced in the past and he isn't injured. I might have to make the same decision since I'm picking low end running backs this year as my starters. Willie Parker is probably already taken at this point, but if he's available you might want to consider him. Parker is supposedly going to be used in more 3rd down situations. But LJ > McFadden.

I know I am in the overwhelming minority here but I took LJ one pick ahead of McFadden yesterday. Im just not a McFadden guy. Great college player but I just dont think his game translates all that well to the NFL.

Both teams stink and the Raiders have proven they can run the football if they cant do anything else the last few years. But i just dont trust McFadden from an FF perspective. KC sucks too and now Cassell (who I think is just a step above awful) may be hurt. But for some crazy reason I think LJ is gonna be much better than people think this year.

The schedule is brutal, especially early, and Charles will take touches away. Yet somehow I see LJ being a decent RB2 through it all. Again, I know 98% of people wont agree with me here. And LJ could easily be useless like redtodd says but call it a hunch. We shall see over the next few months.

This

They both play on poor teams, but I think Oakland's offense will easily be worse.

Also, Charles showed some flashes last season, but I'd be more worried about Having my RB3/2 on the same team as Michael Bush and Justin Fargas.