Sign in to follow this  
donhaas

When did announcers become so pro-Favre?

Throws the ball into double coverage and almost gets picked off... "Great read by Favre!"

Did this just start happening this year???

Terrible :pointstosky:

Throws the ball into double coverage and almost gets picked off... "Great read by Favre!"

Terrible :thumbsdown:

You're kidding... I hope...

Terrible :thumbsdown:

You're a Packer fan though so it's obviously not new to you. Announcers have loved Favre since the mid 90's. btw, you can expect the same treatment for Brady and Manning as they start aging and losing the ability they once had.

It's been more like a 17 year trend... You must have never watched a Packer game... :thumbsdown: MB

ps. You can credit the "John Madden school of sports broadcasting" for that...

Don't worry, when Favre truly retires for good, the announcers will need a replacement. Most likely Brady and Manning, and we'll be having similiar threads about those two for the next five or so years. After that it, will be, um...Matt Leinart and Mark Sanchez that the announcers are drooling all over. :thumbsdown:

Thank god for NFL Sunday Ticket. If I had to listen to this Brett Favre knob slobbering all year, I think I'd throw my TV off a cliff. Having no true team in Los Angeles, I'm sure our schedule is packed full of Favre fock fests.

Die yesterday please. :thumbsdown:

There was on stretch in the second quarter where they said his full name (first + last) at least 20 times in a 4 to 5 minute span.

Seriously, next time the Vikings are in prime time, we should all take a shift and count. I bet we get 200 in the course of a game without breaking a sweat.

The Vikings will win a minumum of 43 games this season and after the Super Bowl Fav-re will be cruising through downtown Minneapolis upon a lawn chair atop the Madden bus. :dunno:

LOL I noticed that same thing. It's always, "BRETT FAAAHHHHRVE!!!" never just 'Favre drops back to pass...'

Anyways, the announcers do love them some Brett, but you gotta admit the man earned it with his play over the past two decades. I kind of wish ESPN and others weren't so overly giddy about him all the time because I think the public's view on him has soured over the past couple of years because of it. People get so tired of hearing about the guy that they forget to see how good he is/was.

I admit, Favre may have brought a bit of it on himself with the constant drama and 'will he retire or won't he' stuff, but I grew up watching the dude and I'll be rooting for him.

I liked it when Favre dished out a little knee crusher of his own. Probably felt good after having teams run and his twigs for so many years.

The Vikings will win a minumum of 43 games this season and after the Super Bowl Fav-re will be cruising through downtown Minneapolis upon a lawn chair atop the Madden bus. :thumbsup:

:shocking:

Furthermore, both The Vikings and Green Bay will go undefeated, even though they play twice. Chicago will also go undefeated, while all three lose twice to Detroit.

:overhead:

Terrible :headbanger:

If you watch the play, before the camera even follows the ball to the receiver you can tell he just chucked it up in his ol' "gunslinger" style...back foot, eyes not even on the target...just heave-ho. My first thought before the play even ended was "if that was a rookie, they'd be all over him for making bad decisions"...then came the slob-knobbing....I almost couldn't believe it. It's kind of like when Prince or someone comes out with an album that absolutely sucks and all the critics can say is how "he's a genius".

Maybe he'll retire next year. :thumbsup:

It's been more like a 17 year trend... You must have never watched a Packer game... :headbanger: MB

ps. You can credit the "John Madden school of sports broadcasting" for that...

Dear Brad,

In the future, please also initial your 'P.S.' additions so we know that those thoughts are from you as well.

Thanks,

Newbs

Terrible :music_guitarred:

Aaron Brooks, with double coverage interceptions and chronic goofy fumbles = Block head.

Brett Favre, with double coverage interceptions and chronic goofy fumbles = Gunslinger.

Terrible :dunno:

Ahh, poor Packers fan.

Been going on for years, but those cheeseheads you wear affected both your ability to hear what they were saying AND to see what was actually taking place on the field. Plus, with you guys slobbering all over his self-indulgent knob even more than the broadcasters, it all seemed so right.

Though it hurts, the truth can set you free!

Ahh, poor Packers fan.

Been going on for years, but those cheeseheads you wear affected both your ability to hear what they were saying AND to see what was actually taking place on the field. Plus, with you guys slobbering all over his self-indulgent knob even more than the broadcasters, it all seemed so right.

Though it hurts, the truth can set you free!

We saw it :shocking:

And, c'mon.... if there was somebody in northern Wisconsin who didn't see it (redtodd???), the one million "Why don't the f#*(in' stop slobbing Favre's knob" threads, articles, blogs, and posts would have clued him in....

It was a joke....

We saw it :overhead:

And, c'mon.... if there was somebody in northern Wisconsin who didn't see it (redtodd???), the one million "Why don't the f#*(in' stop slobbing Favre's knob" threads, articles, blogs, and posts would have clued him in....

It was a joke....

I got it, donhaas. Just couldn't resist.

Hey, Eagles fans have to get in their shots whenever and wherever possible.