Sign in to follow this  
Kent

Wes Welker, Anyone have a clue what his injury is?

I missed the pre-season game where he got hurt.

Heck, has he played in the pre-season.

I drafted the guy and would love to know what the deal is.

Thanks.

Ugh, I hate Belicheck.

I would say that he is fine and that the team is just being cautious with a guy that they know can catch the ball. He probably has some sort of a nagging injury that he would play through if the game were tomorrow. However, the game is not for almost 2 weeks, so they are taking it easy.

If you already drafted him, I think that it is a waste to worry about it. No sense worrying about the damage done. (just kidding).

BTW - I also assume that you saw this from earlier today.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Where’s Welker? Receiver Wes Welker, who has been sidelined with an undisclosed injury, answered questions from reporters and said he’s working hard to return. He hopes to be ready for the season opener, but cited team policy in deciding not to answer a question about his level of concern with his health situation. “We really don’t speak about those things,” he said.

alot to do about nothing

I would say that he is fine and that the team is just being cautious with a guy that they know can catch the ball. He probably has some sort of a nagging injury that he would play through if the game were tomorrow. However, the game is not for almost 2 weeks, so they are taking it easy.

If you already drafted him, I think that it is a waste to worry about it. No sense worrying about the damage done. (just kidding).

HAHA.

I still have to set a starting lineup. And Welker may not be in it week 1 if his mystery injury turns out to be real. I'm worrying about it because I need to set something.

pretty sure us welker owners will be sweating this one out on sunday. i've got avery ready to go just in case, i hate having to wait till monday then find out he's inactive. just hope this won't be some every week ordeal.

My suspicion is that he's fine and Belichick is playing coy as always. But because of the risk, I'm moving him Gonzalez, Ochocinco, White, Evans and maybe Bowe ahead of him.

I may be wrong, but didn't they do this with him last preseason also, and then he was fine all throughout the regular season?

What a joy it is to own a nicked-up NE player!! Welker is the first Patriot non-kicker/DST I have owned since...Deion Branch, and boy, what a PITA he was to own at times. Not gonna panic yet, but it sure does figure that the Pats play on MNF week 1 where options will be hard to find off the WW (since in my league Galloway was drafted).

Where’s Welker? Receiver Wes Welker, who has been sidelined with an undisclosed injury, answered questions from reporters and said he’s working hard to return. He hopes to be ready for the season opener, but cited team policy in deciding not to answer a question about his level of concern with his health situation. “We really don’t speak about those things,” he said.

Fock Belicheat. :music_guitarred:

Sports hernia. :unsure: I'm drafting Galloway.

You need surgery on a sports hernia. He hasn't had surgery so, no.

Kevin Curtis had the surgery, immediately on diagnosis last year. Welker is prepping to start the year, so its not that.

No word again today. In Mike Reiss' online chat, he said that he had a "hunch" that Welker will play Week 1, but because it is an "undisclosed injury", you never know. :unsure:

You need surgery on a sports hernia. He hasn't had surgery so, no.

Kevin Curtis had the surgery, immediately on diagnosis last year. Welker is prepping to start the year, so its not that.

well, the quick twitch moves and sudden start-stop manuevers that are part of his game lead towards sports hernia as the major thing, and probably a [partially] torn groin muscle. he has not practiced, but continually says he is 'getting ready" ---which is resting it and hoping it heals.

this is not good news for a guy who relies on quicks and not much else physical talent to be a quality fantasy and reality producer.

well, the quick twitch moves and sudden start-stop manuevers that are part of his game lead towards sports hernia as the major thing, and probably a [partially] torn groin muscle. he has not practiced, but continually says he is 'getting ready" ---which is resting it and hopes it heals.

this is not good news for a guy who relies on quicks and not much else physical talent to be a quality fantasy and reality producer.

When is the last time Welker practiced? When did he stop practicing?

well, the quick twitch moves and sudden start-stop manuevers that are part of his game lead towards sports hernia as the major thing, and probably a [partially] torn groin muscle. he has not practiced, but continually says he is 'getting ready" ---which is resting it and hopes it heals.

C'mon, man. You're really diagnosing injuries based on his style of play? :pointstosky:

When is the last time Welker practiced? When did he stop practicing?

see, that's the thing---scoping the headlines on this shows no real writing that/when he stopped practicing, but from what i gather, he currently has not been practicing. this tells me it is something that even light running and movement becomes aggravated, and is something that requires complete rest/shutdown [ie groin, toe].

see, that's the thing---scoping the headlines on this shows no real writing that/when he stopped practicing, but from what i gather, he currently has not been practicing. this tells me it is something that even light running and movement becomes aggravated, and is something that requires complete rest/shutdown [ie groin, toe].

He played in the 2nd preseason game against the Bungles (8/20). He looked good in the opening drive and they pulled the starters after a couple of series. I am not sure that he stopped practicing immediately after that or whether it was a few days after.

Either way, you are grasping at straws in your diagnosis considering that you have NOT EVEN SEEN HIM.

If this is the dreaded sports hernia or something else that would really limit him, we need to start looking at who is going to take his place

G. Lewis? J. Galloway? Or that other guy? Who the hell would it be?

C'mon, man. You're really diagnosing injuries based on his style of play? :thumbsdown:

making an educated guess.

1] he has not had a surgical procedure [that we know of], so it is not something that required a repair or debridement.

2] he has not been reportedly seen wearing any sort of brace, wrap, etc, so it is not visible nor is it something supportive.

3] his style of play does lean towards quick twitch cuts and short area movements [like running backs], and the non-visible injuries along those lines are groin muscles [in the past fred taylor, recently tomlinson].

He played in the 2nd preseason game against the Bungles (8/20). He looked good in the opening drive and they pulled the starters after a couple of series. I am not sure that he stopped practicing immediately after that or whether it was a few days after.

Either way, you are grasping at straws in your diagnosis considering that you have NOT EVEN SEEN HIM.

of course no diagnosis is ever made without seeing the patient; im not grasping at straws, im playing along with the guessing game in this thread. i dont care to win the stuffed doll at the end of this when it is revealed he indeed has some sort of injury in this category.... :thumbsdown:

making an educated guess.

1] he has not had a surgical procedure [that we know of], so it is not something that required a repair or debridement.

2] he has not been reportedly seen wearing any sort of brace, wrap, etc, so it is not visible nor is it something supportive.

3] his style of play does lean towards quick twitch cuts and short area movements [like running backs], and the non-visible injuries along those lines are groin muscles [in the past fred taylor, recently tomlinson].

Ain't nuthin educated about it. You're talking out of your ass.

Ain't nuthin educated about it. You're talking out of your ass.

and your guess was?????

and your guess was?????

He looked a couple pounds lighter last time I saw him so I'm pretty sure he's got the AIDS. :thumbsdown:

I'm not guessing. I don't have a clue and neither do you.

He looked a couple pounds lighter last time I saw him so I'm pretty sure he's got the AIDS. ;)

I'm not guessing. I don't have a clue and neither do you.

i understand that part, of course im guessing [im not his mom]----i thought the thread was to place a guess? if not, then i mistyped/spoke. :unsure: :lol:

Both Welker and Brady were in uniform for warmups tonight.

Did he actually go through warmups as far as you know? (Yeah, I know, that wouldn't really mean much, but I'm just looking for something positive to hang my hat on.)

Both Welker and Brady were in uniform for warmups tonight.

I can get into a uniform.

Did the man run? Did he catch some warmup balls? Anything?

Do you guys have a problem with Google Search?

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Wes Welker, Tom Brady dressed

Link|Comments (1) Posted by Mike Reiss, Globe Staff September 3, 2009 06:47 PM

FOXBOROUGH -- Receiver Wes Welker is among the Patriots players dressed for warmups. Welker's health -- he's been sidelined by an undisclosed injury, missing two preseason games -- has been a notable storyline.

Welker's presence in warmups is an indication that he is not seriously injured.

Quarterback Tom Brady is also dressed in uniform and among the quarterbacks throwing during warm-ups.