Sign in to follow this  
manola

JaMarcus Russell

I've always kinda known that Russel sucks, but I don't think I'd ever watched him for an entire game before. This guy can't really be an NFL QB, right?

He's missing WRs by 10 yards on patterns I throw to my niece in the backyard.

Quote of the night from Mike Golic:

"He's not throwing to the other team...he's just throwing to...nowhere."

Terrible.

still an improvement over last year by leaps and bounds..i expected more turn overs from him today.

Believe it or not, he's actually improving. There are some throws he can make that look spectacular. His problem is consistency.

I cant believe that he is a starter. Half of the backups in the league outplay him. The Radiers have some talent, but they have to get someone better under center.

seriously, this is what, his 3rd year? how can he still not use the whole field? they have to cut the field in half for him. lol. get outta here. they shoulda converted him to a TE early.

i know they wanna see what they have in russell, but they would have been a much better team this year had they gone with jeff garcia at QB.

He isnt great, but i think if he was on a different team he could be above average. His WR's did absolutely nothing to help him out last night. The raiders have the worst WR group in the NFL, and it isnt even close. I think once Chaz Shillens comes back that Jamarcus is going to put up respectable numbers more weeks than not.

He isnt great, but i think if he was on a different team he could be above average. His WR's did absolutely nothing to help him out last night. The raiders have the worst WR group in the NFL, and it isnt even close. I think once Chaz Shillens comes back that Jamarcus is going to put up respectable numbers more weeks than not.

Were we watching the same game?

There were times his receivers were wide open and he'd just plain miss them by 5-10 yards.. literally.

His receivers weren't the problem last night.

seriously, this is what, his 3rd year? how can he still not use the whole field? they have to cut the field in half for him. lol. get outta here. they shoulda converted him to a TE early.

i know they wanna see what they have in russell, but they would have been a much better team this year had they gone with jeff garcia at QB.

100% true. Another "protected" or "hidden" QB in the NFL. Another lost hope that cost some team a gazzilion dollars with ZERO return on investment. This guy is a piece of sh!t and has been since day one. Everyone could see except of course those that froth over black QBs being successful in the NFL....not saying that to be mean either, just saying it because it sometimes seems true. They CUT Garcia and let this turd play? Freegin crazy.

For those who claim he is still developing, when the FOCK will he be developed? 20 years from now? Hes a fat toad and should be emptying trucks at UPS.

:thumbsdown:

He did have some head scratching throws but there were also some drops by his receivers. His receivers were a problem. I will say it again: consistency is his problem, and theirs too for that matter. He's throwing to rookie wide receivers which makes it hard for any QB to really get something going. Russell made some bad throws, like any young QB, but he also threw a few laser beams which could not have been more on the money. Did you notice how Russell never seemed to make a bad throw to his best receiver, Zach Miller? You've got to consider these WRs and the sloppy routes they're running. For instance, on the INT thrown early in the game, his receiver didn't cut sharply enough and sure as fock didn't come back for the ball as you're supposed to. You've got a young, inexperienced QB, throwing to young, inexperienced WRs. There's plenty of blame to go around.

He did have some head scratching throws but there were also some drops by his receivers. His receivers were a problem. I will say it again: consistency is his problem, and theirs too for that matter. He's throwing to rookie wide receivers which makes it hard for any QB to really get something going. Russell made some bad throws, like any young QB, but he also threw a few laser beams which could not have been more on the money. Did you notice how Russell never seemed to make a bad throw to his best receiver, Zach Miller? You've got to consider these WRs and the sloppy routes they're running. For instance, on the INT thrown early in the game, his receiver didn't cut sharply enough and sure as fock didn't come back for the ball as you're supposed to. You've got a young, inexperienced QB, throwing to young, inexperienced WRs. There's plenty of blame to go around.

You've got a good point.. I remember that play that you are talking about.

You'll notice that the receivers that attended Russell's camp are the ones that he has been able to connect with more consistently.

His receivers are the problem. They really need to do a better job of being 12 feet tall.

The guy can't complete a five yard out. Yeah, he might throw a beauty of a 60 yard hail mary bomb, but what the fock good is that gonna do you on a day-to-day basis? Raiders are fockin' dumb.

His receivers are the problem. They really need to do a better job of being 12 feet tall.

AHAHAHAHA nice. He reminds me of a vastly overpaid Rohan Davey. You could tell he was a reach from the word go.

I posted in early rara McFadden fans, that the suck that is the Raiders will kil any FF value of their RBs.

DCs are going to stack the box, go man to man knowing the QB can't beat them.

Raiders will be 3-13 playing from behind all year.