Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Mike Francessa says L Tomlinson is done as a 'Big Time Back'

If you classify the Raiders as an inspired defense with some talent, then everyone on the Bolts' schedule except KC, CLE and maybe Denver qualifies as the same. The AFC North and NFC East are full of run stuffing defenses. On top of that, they match up against MIA and TEN. If that's your argument....that a defense just needs to be inspired and have some talent to slow LT.....then it's gonna be a loooooong year.

And I do see a trend. The guy never.....ever.....missed time due to injury. Two years ago he went through the entire season without much problem. The postseason was a different matter. Last year, despite not missing any games....until the postseason.....he was more nicked up than in previous years. This year he's already hobbled. He's got a ton of miles on his 30 year old legs.....it's just a matter of time before the wheels fall off.

Do I think he's completely useless? No. And I think he can still put up decent numbers because he has stretches in the schedule where he can capitalize. But his next three games BAL, MIA, @PIT will speak loudly to the fact that you just can't depend on him to post solid numbers no matter the opponent. He's a RB2, and as such, he'll be more dependent on the matchup than ever before.

Are the Raiders even in the same discussion as PHI/NYG/BAL/PIT/TEN defenses? I think not.

I'm not saying he sucks. He doesn't. But he's not gonna deliver on peoples' expectations.....like 15 TDs....hell, like 10 TDs....like producing as a first round RB.

LT will quickly turn into a matchup play, and so therefore should be considered a RB2.

RB2 <> Big Time Back

Just wanted to chime in... by year's end Raiders will have a top ten defense IMO. Comparing the Raiders defense to CLE/KC/Denver is laughable. People are undervaluing the addition or Richard Seymour in a contract year, even if they overpaid a bit. Chris McAllister might come in and play a bit of safety. They have talent at every position, and a strong running game. While the Raiders are an easy team to hate, they will be pretty competitive this year... IMO ~.500 ... their defense is severely underrated (point I was trying to make initially).

I’m in a 1 keeper league and I have had LT since 2002 as my keeper. In my personal opinion he is slowing down. He is still productive but obviously he will not reach his prime stud numbers as he did in the past. This is a reason why I traded him for Maurice Jones-Drew in my keeper league. I knew I had to get rid of LT while his numbers were good last year. Hopefully MJD will be a productive keeper for years to come like LT was.

I agree with everyone's point and I believe and have a feeling that he's just not going to do that well this year. just a guy feeling. I have been offered ray rice and A. Gates for him. I am thinking of jumping on the deal. We don't have to start TE's in our league, but like i said i just have a feeling about LT, Had that feeling everysince I drafted him, I think i need to part ways with him. I know its only one game.

Part of having sucess in playing fantasy football is being progressive. Past performance can only go so far in todays NFL. To those that say that people are overreacting to LT's first game I can't disagree more. LT is over a full season away now from being a top 5 fantasy runningback. I see LT as a best case senario being in the 10-12 range but that is if most everything goes right for him and he ends up getting at least 60% of the carries. The most likely senario for LT is that he plays in a RBBC and neither him nor Sproles finishes as a top 20 back. If one finished top 20 it will likely be Sproles. If I had to bet the mortgage on it I would say Sproles outperforms LT this year. There were many warning signs heading into this season that LT was heading for a fall. I watched LT alot last year and he just wasn't the same back. Sproles made LT look old and slow. I remember when LT looked like (or better) than Sproles does now. Sproles is the better back right now. When LT was 27 he was the better back but 3 years and bundles of carries will make a world of difference. LT has always relied on quickness. Typically those types of backs have shorter stud status as NFL backs. Backs like Bettis or Jamal Lewis can be more effective at age 30 because they rely on power which seems to stand the test of time a bit more than quickness.

One of the reasons that I actually drafted Philip Rivers this year was because I saw Sproles as being the main back as the season wore on. Since he is the better explosive player I figured San Diego would be better off and more likely to be going to a passing game. Granted San Diegos line didn't look good but but even if the Chargers offense gets on track I believe it will be because of Sproles, Rivers, Gates and Vincent Jackson doing alot of the work. I see LT as the 5th best offensive player on his own team. Some people still consider him about the 5th best back in fantasy football.

To each his own but age 30 is age 30 for a reason.

Assuming LT doesn't miss half the season with injury, if Sproles finishes with more fantasy points than LT, I'll have edjr suck your d!ck.

I agree with everyone's point and I believe and have a feeling that he's just not going to do that well this year. just a guy feeling. I have been offered ray rice and A. Gates for him. I am thinking of jumping on the deal. We don't have to start TE's in our league, but like i said i just have a feeling about LT, Had that feeling everysince I drafted him, I think i need to part ways with him. I know its only one game.

Jump all over that my friend. Ray Rice will put up better numbers and LT will stay hurt this year.

Jump all over that my friend. Ray Rice will put up better numbers and LT will stay hurt this year.

blind much?

Stupid much?

I will say this, Sproles got "stuck" my frinds.....STUCK....... :overhead:

Still, he is getting better and better, and remains.....a better option that LT right now. :shocking:

Sproles had 10 carries for 26 yards. He is too small to run inside. He is a third down back and NOTHING more. He is no Michael Turner.

LT is still a far better runner and will be better at 35 years old.

Sproles had 10 carries for 26 yards. He is too small to run inside. He is a third down back and NOTHING more. He is no Michael Turner.

Exactly.

Sproles did nothing in the run game...but can be a beast in the pass game.

Bookmarked for more fun later..... :thumbsdown:

How is LT doing anyway :dunno: