Sign in to follow this  
GEUH

Todd Heap

what do you guys think? good game, and given his talent its easy to expect that if healthy he can return to form, but is this really a fair expectation? and are we convinced Baltimore is now a more balanced passing team, or more of an opportunistic one?

I think he'll have a great season, just dont expect last weeks performance consistently obviously. Balt has said that they plan to pass much more than they have in the past, and with their running game they have great balance which puts Heap in a great position to prosper, he'll probably be targeted a ton in the red zone.

I'm not a true believe yet, but I'm dipping my toe in the water.

My breakout superstar stud TE from the Windy City put up a whopping 0.8 points last week. That was more than my WR3, who got tackled by the earth before he even saw a target and goose egged me.

So I dropped one turd to back up another stinker. Might even start him this week. By week 5, hopefully I'll know who will be my TE the rest of the year.

Dude has had 3-4 monster years but he's made of glass. If he stays healthy, I think he and Flacco finally got something going. Regardless, he's a pretty cheap investment - either a late round flier or a WW gem - so no worries if it doesn't work out.

Be a believer. :doublethumbsup:

Last season Heap was kept on the line to block, a lot. It was a very young line with a rookie QB that the team felt could become their franchise QB. So they max protected and ran the ball a lot while the Oline developed. Then they add Oher in the draft and he is a beast. And they add Matt Birk and line is a year more experienced. So now Heap is out in patterns more and he's as healthy as he's been in years.

Bottom line, expect good numbers from Heap but if he hurts an ankle/knee/foot don't hesitate to drop him because he won't recover for weeks.

As others have said...Heap is a beast when hes on the field but hasnt played 16 games....ever? Like an Italian sportscar, they are the best, when they are running! Otherwise, pretty to look at but unreliable. Use him but realize that he will possibly be hurt at the worst times.

well i picked him up to back up the always sturdy kellen winslow. i had to drop pettigrew for him so it wasn't really a big deal (even though i kind of expect brandon to have a decent year).

He will prob break down in a few weeks, so ride him while you can.

This

He will prob break down in a few weeks, so ride him while you can.

Heap is less likely to break down if he is spending less time blocking.

The better Oher protects on the right side, the better Heap will play.

As others have said...Heap is a beast when hes on the field but hasnt played 16 games....ever? Like an Italian sportscar, they are the best, when they are running! Otherwise, pretty to look at but unreliable. Use him but realize that he will possibly be hurt at the worst times.

5 out of the last 7 years he started 16 games.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HeapTo00.htm

Al Saunders is "consulting" for the Ravens, per Rotoworld. -> Did not know that.

I was hedging on Heap but now I'm thinking maybe it's a good idea to pick him up and drop Beanie Wells.

Al Saunders is "consulting" for the Ravens, per Rotoworld. -> Did not know that.

I was hedging on Heap but now I'm thinking maybe it's a good idea to pick him up and drop Beanie Wells.

Yeah I'm liking him too fellas. Will need to see more from him this w/e to confirm. Gotta believe he'll be a nice outlet for Flacco, notwithstanding the presence of Mason and Clayton (who I'm still not completely sold on).

Sh!t, I'll go all in and drink the kool-aid. Dropped Olsen for him figuring with Chicago vs Pitt this week, @ Seattle next week and bye week coming in week 5, the upside isn't there.