Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Ward to start vs. Giants

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=152459

The Bucs will start Derrick Ward over Cadillac Williams (questionable, knee) in Week 3 against the Giants, according to Pewter Report.

The rest of the Tampa papers confirmed the report, as Williams' knee is predictably acting up again. Should Ward play well against his former team, this could institute a changing of the guard in Tampa. Williams was unproductive on his seven Week 2 carries and was never going to hold up physically. With Williams and Earnest Graham banged up, Ward is a candidate for 20+ touches Sunday. Sep. 25 - 1:11 pm et

Source: Pewter Report

Wow, I was totally unaware of this. This may push Ward into a flex spot. :cry:

The Giants didn't look all that impressive against the run vs. Dallas either.

:wub:

nice now i dont have to start donald brown. Since mike bell s injured a SWP sucks right now.

Was also thinking about tashard choice

Keep in mind, Ward wants to show the Giants what they missed out on when they let him leave via FA....he'll be extra motivated!!

Keep in mind, Ward wants to show the Giants what they missed out on when they let him leave via FA....he'll be extra motivated!!

I wonder if he can pass that motivation onto Byron Leftwich... :first:

Hmmmm, the big question is "is it worth it to bench Turner, Fred Jackson, or Hightower for him?".

I think I'll probably keep him on the bench this week, but it is good news with the bye weeks starting up. I hope he kicks ass and wins the job!

!

I wonder if he can pass that motivation onto Byron Leftwich... :wave:

All Leftwich has to do is hand the Rock off. Simple!

Plus, Giants are having trouble stopping the cutback runs!! That's all Sports Radio was talking about on Monday.

well, im glad caddy produced for 2 weeks..but damn, is she fragile :shocking:

Ouch!

Hope nobody started him...

He cost me a game this week. Plugged in Ward in a 'flex' spot after the news he would start and he (as well as the whole damn team) looked horrible. The Giant front seven manhandled the Bucs. I don't think Gale Sayers would have rushed for 50 yards in that game for Tampa Bay.

So of course I lose a close game by six points. Meanwhile all my other bench players that I was thinking about putting in that flex spot all score over 10 points.

He cost me a game this week. Plugged in Ward in a 'flex' spot after the news he would start and he (as well as the whole damn team) looked horrible. The Giant front seven manhandled the Bucs. I don't think Gale Sayers would have rushed for 50 yards in that game for Tampa Bay.

So of course I lose a close game by six points. Meanwhile all my other bench players that I was thinking about putting in that flex spot all score over 10 points.

Meh. I had him and Gore going. I now have to hope that the Cowboys don't score TD's and Nick Folk puts up a ton of FG's. :music_guitarred:

Meh. I had him and Gore going. I now have to hope that the Cowboys don't score TD's and Nick Folk puts up a ton of FG's. :music_guitarred:

I guess the question now is what to do with Ward? Was Sunday just one team being dominated by another, or is Ward waiver wire fodder? I'm guessing the former, but I'm not thrilled.

I guess the question now is what to do with Ward? Was Sunday just one team being dominated by another, or is Ward waiver wire fodder? I'm guessing the former, but I'm not thrilled.

I don't think that you drop him. I would still see him as a flex in the right matchups. The team is in a little disarray, so I would see if they look to shake things up. :music_guitarred:

I started Ward in my flex position.

Tampa Bay is soooooooo bad, I even thought about dropping Ward all together after yesterday's performance.

Hard to drop a possible starting RB even on one of the worst teams in the league.

Meh. I had him and Gore going. I now have to hope that the Cowboys don't score TD's and Nick Folk puts up a ton of FG's. :overhead:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same Here!! Down 12 with Folk to go.

Started that BUM Ward in 2 leagues in place of Bush...the Bucs may be the worst in the NFL

Ouch!

Hope nobody started him...

Started him and Gore :music_guitarred: :doh: (J Lewis and Barber hurt, don't trust Choice yet)...

I lost

at least LJ is touching the ball

LOL! ...and gaining a whopping two yards per carry with it. That would be like defending JaMarcus Russell by saying "at least he's a starter!"

I think that you have to ride this out for a few weeks to see the impact of changing QB's. If you picked up Ward expecting that he would immediately emerge from the pack, then you over-estimated. If you expected that you might have something once Caddy got hurt halfway through the season, then it could still pay off.

Forced to start him this week due to bye's :rolleyes:

Im likely to be forced to start Caddy due to byes and injuries to Smith and LT.