Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

Is Schaub matchup proof?

Hosting Oakland this week with their 'shutdown CB' Asomugha can Schaub still light it up? The running game in Houston is still trying to right itself so I'm guessing the game plan is still pass first.

Hosting Oakland this week with their 'shutdown CB' Asomugha can Schaub still light it up? The running game in Houston is still trying to right itself so I'm guessing the game plan is still pass first.

No, he's not matchup proof. See week 1 stats.

He wasn't week 1, so I'd have to say no. But, I'm starting him regardless simply because he's my best option each week. He has shown that he can still succeed when AJ is having a modest day.

Yes and No.

He's got the weapons to explode in any matchup. He's also got the history to limp off the field in any matchup.

Unless I had a great option on the bench though, I'd be pretty happy to play him pretty much every week since he's performing well above his draft pick (probably)

Yes, the rest of the way he is matchup proof unless you got Brees, Manning, or Brady on your roster already. He played the best defense he is going to play in Week 1. Oak, Ari, Cin, SF, Buffalo, Indy, Ten, Indy, Jax, Seattle, StL, Miami. I'd say the next couple aren't the easiest matchups but he should still be a top 5-10 option. Then when he gets in to the division games and NFC West games, I'd say he is a top 5 option. I like Schaub a lot this season.

The Texans will throw the ball and they will give up points, two reasons to expect success from Schaub. He also has quite a few weapons on offense to disperse the ball to.

Yes, the rest of the way he is matchup proof unless you got Brees, Manning, or Brady on your roster already. He played the best defense he is going to play in Week 1. Oak, Ari, Cin, SF, Buffalo, Indy, Ten, Indy, Jax, Seattle, StL, Miami. I'd say the next couple aren't the easiest matchups but he should still be a top 5-10 option. Then when he gets in to the division games and NFC West games, I'd say he is a top 5 option. I like Schaub a lot this season.

The Texans will throw the ball and they will give up points, two reasons to expect success from Schaub. He also has quite a few weapons on offense to disperse the ball to.

That was my thinking with Walters back.

Good replies guys.

I'll be the first to say this, Asomugha is great, but he won't shut Andre down. Andre is what TO would have been if he had hands. Andre is too big and strong and uses that physicality too well.

But it won't matter, because the Texans have too many weapons even if Andre is slowed by Asomugha. With Walter back in the lineup, and especially with Jacoby Jones gaining experience, this is a very potent offense.

Schaub isn't matchup proof, but as long as he's healthy he gets "stud" QB status (that's not debatable...when he's in, the dude produces. his only knock has been health).

I have Schaub and I am a bit worried

1. Oakland has a horrible run D and Kubiak may look to get Slaton going finally against them.

2. This game may be such a blowout that Schaub could be done throwing by halftime and rested in the 4th Q.

Having said that, I've learned that you always play your studs so I will take my chances.

I'll be the first to say this, Asomugha is great, but he won't shut Andre down. Andre is what TO would have been if he had hands. Andre is too big and strong and uses that physicality too well.

But it won't matter, because the Texans have too many weapons even if Andre is slowed by Asomugha. With Walter back in the lineup, and especially with Jacoby Jones gaining experience, this is a very potent offense.

Schaub isn't matchup proof, but as long as he's healthy he gets "stud" QB status (that's not debatable...when he's in, the dude produces. his only knock has been health).

Did you see what Oakland did to Schaub at the end of last season. He was AWFUL that day.

I dont know if a repeat is in store and for my sake I hope not but I dont think he's reached matchup proof status yet. However, I would imagine that a lot of people who have him dont have options that are CLEARLY better.

Did you see what Oakland did to Schaub at the end of last season. He was AWFUL that day.

I dont know if a repeat is in store and for my sake I hope not but I dont think he's reached matchup proof status yet. However, I would imagine that a lot of people who have him dont have options that are CLEARLY better.

I remember that game last year and that's what got me thinking.

I do have a viable option with Cutler vs Detroit in Chicago but damn, I hate laying my week's hopes on someone who looks like Cooter's retahd cousin. :thumbsup:

I remember that game last year and that's what got me thinking.

I do have a viable option with Cutler vs Detroit in Chicago but damn, I hate laying my week's hopes on someone who looks like Cooter's retahd cousin. :thumbsup:

I think he's pretty much an every week starter. People have been waiting for his breakout season...and we might finally be seeing it!

I've actually got Schaub starting in place of Peyton. I didnt think I needed to be worried about this matchup until I read some of these posts. I might have to reverese that!

I honestly don't think anyone in the league is matchup proof... The closest are Brees and Peterson.

I worry about brees going against jets this week. Hope they get the run game going and keep the defense from rushing him all the time.

schaub is not a guy i'd feel comfortable starting this week after the way oakland shut him down last year. i think he'll fare better, but if he gets 200, 2 TDs and 2 INTs, I think that's about the max. If I had another option, I'd play him. But with byes and our league structure, I'm stuck.

I've actually got Schaub starting in place of Peyton. I didnt think I needed to be worried about this matchup until I read some of these posts. I might have to reverese that!

No way. You better fix that.

A QB combo of Peyton/Schaub is damn good. But Peyton is the man. He's been on fire recently, thrown for 300+ in all three games this year, and is going against a Seattle defense with cornerback injuries and a suspect pass defense.

Schaub has certainly had great games the past two weeks....but even if the Oakland pass defense isn't that good (they are)...who do you trust to be putting up 300 yards and multiple TD every week - Schaub, or Manning? Answer's obvious. Get Manning off the bench.

I'll be the first to say this, Asomugha is great, but he won't shut Andre down....again

Corrections in bold. You mean you don't think he'll shut down Andre again, right? Because he's already done it twice.

2006 - 1 rec, 9 yards for Johnson

2008 - 2 rec, 19 yards for Johnson

Two career matchups between Johnson and Asomugha. Two decisive victories by Asomugha. What makes you think Johnson will put up great numbers this time?

The running game in Houston is still trying to right itself so I'm guessing the game plan is still pass first.

Just the opposite. This would be the perfect week for Houston to try to get the running game going.

Oakland is bad. Larry Johnson was able to put up 120 total yards (80 rushing). Larry. Johnson. And last week, Moreno ran for 90 - Buckhalter for 108. That's nearly 200 yards from two guys, in the same game. That's bad.

If Houston wants to jump start their running game, this is the week to do it. Slaton, between rushes and receptions, should touch the ball ~30 times this week.

Not to say that Schaub is a horrible play. Even with Johnson blanketed, he still has Slaton to throw to, Daniels, Walter, and Jacoby. I just think the Texans are going to run the ball a lot...I wouldn't be expecting another 300 yard, 4 TD game from Schaub.

Why? Manning is more reliable, has more fantasy points this season, and has a better matchup :doublethumbsup:

In case you didn't know the Seahawks only top3 corner that will be playing is Ken Lucas, their #2, and even he has been slowed with injury this season.

I took the Texans in my survivor pool this week. And I start Schaub in one league.