Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Tashard Choice?

Marion Barber, RB DAL

News: Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips said Tuesday that RB Marion Barber is on the mend from a strained quad but is still having some swelling issues. Phillips said the initial prognosis on Barber's injury was that it was a 10-day to two-week recovery, so he may or may not be ready to play against the Broncos in Week 4. Barber has been receiving treatment daily on the quad. Analysis: We might have to wait until Friday to get an idea of Barber's status for Week 4, but for now figure to have him out of Fantasy lineups. With him hobbled and RB Felix Jones likely to miss Week 4 with a sprained PCL, we might see Tashard Choice see the majority of carries for the Cowboys against the Broncos. We'll keep you posted on what's happening in the Cowboys' backfield this week.

Marion Barber, RB DAL

News: Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips said Tuesday that RB Marion Barber is on the mend from a strained quad but is still having some swelling issues. Phillips said the initial prognosis on Barber's injury was that it was a 10-day to two-week recovery, so he may or may not be ready to play against the Broncos in Week 4. Barber has been receiving treatment daily on the quad. Analysis: We might have to wait until Friday to get an idea of Barber's status for Week 4, but for now figure to have him out of Fantasy lineups. With him hobbled and RB Felix Jones likely to miss Week 4 with a sprained PCL, we might see Tashard Choice see the majority of carries for the Cowboys against the Broncos. We'll keep you posted on what's happening in the Cowboys' backfield this week.

niice thanks alot man

I would think Choice would get plenty of work.

Barber might get some to work him in and test it...but I can't see them pushing him hard with the quad with the bye week coming soon.

So are you other Choice owners selling high or keeping him. I am shopping him around. In one league I was offered Fitz for him but the owner wised up and withdrew the trade before I saw it. Then he offerd me Addai. In another league I packaged Choice with Warner and got Brady.

It's a 4:15 game and we might not know the situation until just before. Doesn't help for setting lineups in.

My gut is Jones is out and Barber is GTD.

Jones is out this week for sure.

Report: Felix Jones out for 1-2 weeks

Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com (who somehow broke free from his contract with AOL FanHouse after less than a year on the job) reports that Cowboys running back Felix Jones will not play on Sunday due to a knee injury.

Jones has a sprained PCL in his left knee.

The Cowboys travel to Denver for a game against the 3-0 Broncos.

Per Watkins, Jones will be evaluated for a possible return on October 11, when the Cowboys head to Kansas City. But Watkins says that Jones has a more realistic shot of returning to the field after the October 18 bye, for an October 25 visit from the Falcons.

With Jones out, Tashard Choice will be the starter against the Broncos -- unless Marion Barber is able to return from a quad injury. Barber reportedly wanted to play on Monday night against the Panthers, but the Cowboys opted to rest him, given the presence of Jones and Choice.

The Cowboys have been getting full use out of their running game this year. With injuries piling up, however, the Cowboys might have to spend more time throwing and less time running.

ESPN's Michael Smith reports that the Cowboys "feel really good" about Marion Barber's (quadriceps) status for Week 4.

Smith reiterates that Barber was close to playing Monday night and wanted to badly, but the Cowboys exercised caution with Felix Jones and Tashard Choice ready to go. They need Barber now that Jones (PCL sprain) is set to miss 1-2 weeks. MBIII may be "eased" back in with Choice playing well, but we'd still expect him to receive 15-18 touches and any goal-line chances.

So are you other Choice owners selling high or keeping him. I am shopping him around. In one league I was offered Fitz for him but the owner wised up and withdrew the trade before I saw it. Then he offerd me Addai. In another league I packaged Choice with Warner and got Brady.

The kid's a decent hold the fort starter.. but those offers/deals are completely insane.. Good for you :thumbsdown:

Report: Felix Jones out for 1-2 weeks

Calvin Watkins of ESPNDallas.com (who somehow broke free from his contract with AOL FanHouse after less than a year on the job) reports that Cowboys running back Felix Jones will not play on Sunday due to a knee injury.

Jones has a sprained PCL in his left knee.

The Cowboys travel to Denver for a game against the 3-0 Broncos.

Per Watkins, Jones will be evaluated for a possible return on October 11, when the Cowboys head to Kansas City. But Watkins says that Jones has a more realistic shot of returning to the field after the October 18 bye, for an October 25 visit from the Falcons.

With Jones out, Tashard Choice will be the starter against the Broncos -- unless Marion Barber is able to return from a quad injury. Barber reportedly wanted to play on Monday night against the Panthers, but the Cowboys opted to rest him, given the presence of Jones and Choice.

The Cowboys have been getting full use out of their running game this year. With injuries piling up, however, the Cowboys might have to spend more time throwing and less time running.

ESPN's Michael Smith reports that the Cowboys "feel really good" about Marion Barber's (quadriceps) status for Week 4.

Smith reiterates that Barber was close to playing Monday night and wanted to badly, but the Cowboys exercised caution with Felix Jones and Tashard Choice ready to go. They need Barber now that Jones (PCL sprain) is set to miss 1-2 weeks. MBIII may be "eased" back in with Choice playing well, but we'd still expect him to receive 15-18 touches and any goal-line chances.

yarrrgggghhh...only makes the "Choice" more confusing

That's so funny, I think I feel the need to tell that one to my "Barber".

Im really "Jones"ing for some better news for my RB corps.

With Felix Jones potentially out of action until Week 7 due to his sprained PCL and Marion Barber not yet fully recovered from his quad injury, Choice could get a starter's workload in Week 4, the Dallas Morning News reports.

Recommendation: The Cowboys don't have a great matchup this week against the Broncos' run defense, but Cedric Benson did hit them up for 76 yards and a TD in Week 1. Unless Barber makes a quick recovery over the next few days, Choice should be a viable RB2 play in most leagues.

(Rotowire.com)

so it really depends on Barber's status this week... if he is out, than Choice is a great start for RB2/Flex

Per Rotoworld

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpag...d=3215&nc=0

Looks like he's playing.

Having a hard time buying the thought of Barber playing this weekend. Still swelling issues? He looked like he was shot in the leg when he went down a couple of weeks ago. Something hurt so bad he fell right to the ground in obvious pain. If he is still struggling with swelling, it seems pretty unlikely that anything is going to happen between now and Sunday that clears him to play. I also found it very odd that he supposedly didn't even show up to the game on Monday night because he wasn't playing and was mad about it. Really? Was that why? Or did they not want the whole NFL watching him limp around in pain? I smell misdirection.

Having a hard time buying the thought of Barber playing this weekend. Still swelling issues? He looked like he was shot in the leg when he went down a couple of weeks ago. Something hurt so bad he fell right to the ground in obvious pain. If he is still struggling with swelling, it seems pretty unlikely that anything is going to happen between now and Sunday that clears him to play. I also found it very odd that he supposedly didn't even show up to the game on Monday night because he wasn't playing and was mad about it. Really? Was that why? Or did they not want the whole NFL watching him limp around in pain? I smell misdirection.

This is, objectively, the most likely scenario. All public statements are that he wanted to play, and it is well documented that J Jones has questioned his manhood from past injuries. He seems like a guy who would dive in front of a little old lady to take a bullet; why would he not have been on the sidelines cheering on Felix and Tashard? None of his behavior indicates TO-like whiny bitchedness. :dunno:

it's important to remember that choice isn't simply a "plug-in" substitute--he's an extremely talented back who last season had better success against top-5 defenses (pit, bal) than just about any other runner in the league. he's also a legitimate threat in the passing game.

now this isn't simply a rah-rah post. what this means is that the coaching staff is quite capable of putting the load on choice even if barber dresses and plays. given the quad situation, and MB's evident drive to be on the field, i strongly suspect that if MB suits up, we'll see choice carrying a starter-type load and MB as the passing down back due to his proficiency at blitz pick up. remember--a quad injury substantially degrades leg drive, which directly affects MB's running style. i don't see the coaching staff banging him into the line 18 times unless he is absolutely ready to roll.

add to that the fact that choice is a threat in his own right, and the situation clarifies somewhat. and as mentioned above, it's an afternoon game, so we should know more on sunday.

i'd consider starting him, but i'm looking at Rbrown, C johnson, and F jackson going.