Sign in to follow this  
phenom

anyone have the stones to bench Colston?

Revis is legit.....I know you 'never bench studs" but Randy Moss and A. Johnson might have something to say about it.

Depending on other options, this really isn't an insane move at all.

if you have equal options it may be a good choice, but i'll tell you this shockey and reggie.. yes reggie will have above average production because of it. I do believe reggie will have a great game with some passes in the flats and some mismatches on linebackers in this game. The jets have to focus on stopping something, but as long as brees is on that can't stop everyone.

Matchups are used when you have equal or near equal other options. That's pretty much a FFball rule. If you're thinking of sitting him for some loser though, I would not do it.

Using your mentality, some players might have missed out on D-Will or Romo late in the fantasy playoffs last year because of bad matchups.

I read a column that speculated Revis would be on Henderson because he's the only DB on the Jets with the speed to keep up with him. So bascially, I don't think anyone really knows what will happen. I'm starting Colston this week (with bye's, I really don't have a better option anyway).

I read a column that speculated Revis would be on Henderson because he's the only DB on the Jets with the speed to keep up with him. So bascially, I don't think anyone really knows what will happen. I'm starting Colston this week (with bye's, I really don't have a better option anyway).

This is a good point, not to mention that Colston doesn't really operate quite like the typical WR. He frequently lines up inside and runs across the interior of the defense getting matchups on LB's and Safeties. He's not a speed guy and he's only a deep threat because of his size/strength. And he's still money in the redzone. I would likely still play him.

any idea where this might be. TIA

thinking of rolling with braylon

This is a good point, not to mention that Colston doesn't really operate quite like the typical WR. He frequently lines up inside and runs across the interior of the defense getting matchups on LB's and Safeties. He's not a speed guy and he's only a deep threat because of his size/strength. And he's still money in the redzone. I would likely still play him.

Yes. Colston gets moved all over and I'm not sure draping Revis on him all day will be possible or even the best option--there will be other guys needing a CB's attention when Colston's running some of those drag routes over the middle you usually see a TE getting. The Jets are just a plain good team so I don't expect the Saints to be as Saintly as they've been the first 3 weeks, but I think Colston is still a pretty good play.

as a henderson owner, this is particularly frustrating. he's my 4WR, and i was considering starting him as a matchup, but without having any idea of how NO plans to set up their coverage, it's tough to evaluate whether he or Smoss has the better situation.

grrr...

I'm thinking a Mike Sims-Walker type could be an more prudent play. I'm going to start him however. Not because of Colston himself, but because of Brees. He'll find a way to get the ball in the hands of his best WR. The fact that it's in the dome don't hurt either. :dunno:

benched for v jackson and s smith (NYG)

Isn't this a Manningham week?

Bench Colston? wow......bench the #1 wr who has the #1 stud Qb throwing to him in a home game in New Orleans.

Child please. :thumbsup:

again.....how did it work out for AJ and Moss owners? off top it seems irrational yes, BUT it does require thought

I can't bring myself to do it, and I have the option of playing Marshall over him.

The ball gets spread around enough, I dont think He'll have Revis on him the entire game.

I'm starting Pierre too...I have a gut feeling the cocky Jets are going to get embarrassed on the road.

I can't bring myself to do it, and I have the option of playing Marshall over him.

The ball gets spread around enough, I dont think He'll have Revis on him the entire game.

I'm starting Pierre too...I have a gut feeling the cocky Jets are going to get embarrassed on the road.

you're probably right. I do have Portis and even though he blows.....he's on my bench. However, if he was healthy he would replace Colston this week

I agree that it is at least worth thinking about. (I had R. Moss in Week 2; ugh!)

BUT - with the bye week, I've got A. Boldin AND DeSean Jackson on bye.

I've got to play two between Colston, K. Walter and M. Manningham. I've been a FF player for 18 years - and I've got faith between S. Payton and D. Brees, that they'll find a way to get their best WR the ball.

you're probably right. I do have Portis and even though he blows.....he's on my bench. However, if he was healthy he would replace Colston this week

I wouldn't bench him for Portis, but that's just me.

I wouldn't bench him for Portis, but that's just me.

I won't now, but like I said a 100% healthy Portis would have got the nod

again.....how did it work out for AJ and Moss owners? off top it seems irrational yes, BUT it does require thought

I dont care how it worked for moss and aj owners.......I do care about losing out on all those Colston fantasy points if i bench him

Ride with my studs......this is brees we are talking about...........Colston is a lock

any idea where this might be. TIA

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/...=33801&pg=3

The one difference with the Moss/AJ comparison is that Moss and AJ were the only threats...there was no Welker and no Walter. With the Saints flying down the field with both Henderson and Meachum, Revis might need to keep tabs on them instead of sticking to Colston like glue all day.

I'm playing Colston with confidence. Not expecting the world, just some solid numbers.

Bench Colston? wow......bench the #1 wr who has the #1 stud Qb throwing to him in a home game in New Orleans.

Child please. :overhead:

I thought Romo and Williams were your #1s?

I'm starting Colston (not like I have other palatable options anyway), and I'm not exactly jumping for joy at the thought of it, but comparing this game to the NYJ vs NE or NYJ @ Hous is a bit inaccurate, I think. NE was w/out Welker; Texans were w/out Walter. PLUS, AJ & Moss dominate targets as well they should. Brees, however, has clearly shown he will throw to the open guy (hell, in '08 he threw for 5,000 yds & didn't have a single guy w/ 1,000 yds receiving; yeah I know Colston missed half the eason). Recall threads where we Colston owners were complaining about lack of targets?

IMO, the Jets would be better served simply having Revis line up on the same side all game vs the Saints. That effectively takes away one side of the field, leaving the rest of the Jets secondary free to roam the other half. Against a QB like Brees, I think it's stupid to commit to shutting down one guy since he has clearly shown he won't force the ball. Not sure if my thinking is tragically flawed (was Revis locked on Titans #1 all game, can't recall), but that's how I see it. Obviously I hope that is how HC Ryan sees it as well.

I'm starting Colston (not like I have other palatable options anyway), and I'm not exactly jumping for joy at the thought of it, but comparing this game to the NYJ vs NE or NYJ @ Hous is a bit inaccurate, I think. NE was w/out Welker; Texans were w/out Walter. PLUS, AJ & Moss dominate targets as well they should. Brees, however, has clearly shown he will throw to the open guy (hell, in '08 he threw for 5,000 yds & didn't have a single guy w/ 1,000 yds receiving; yeah I know Colston missed half the eason). Recall threads where we Colston owners were complaining about lack of targets?

IMO, the Jets would be better served simply having Revis line up on the same side all game vs the Saints. That effectively takes away one side of the field, leaving the rest of the Jets secondary free to roam the other half. Against a QB like Brees, I think it's stupid to commit to shutting down one guy since he has clearly shown he won't force the ball. Not sure if my thinking is tragically flawed (was Revis locked on Titans #1 all game, can't recall), but that's how I see it. Obviously I hope that is how HC Ryan sees it as well.

good post.

Read my latest 'blog' and you'll notice I'm benching both AJ AND Colston them this week. Nice to have solid options. But if I had to chose between these TWO poor match-ups, my money would be on Johnson instead of Colston.

Oh, oh, now the fantasy gods will get me for sure.

BUT - with the bye week, I've got A. Boldin AND DeSean Jackson on bye.

I've got the same 2 guys on bye so it's either him or MSW. I'm going with Colston. He's got to be good for at least a TC at home. I guess Revis shuts down everybody until he doesn't.