Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Braylon Edwards

And I mean super low of course... but he can only get better with Anderson as his QB... He had 15 Td's the year anderson went to the pro bowl...

What do you guys think?? Who would you un-load for him??

i just got him as a throw-in in a deal and i'm going to play him at flex this week because Steve Smith is on a bye. Edwards does seem to have big games against the bengals...however, these aren't your father's bengals -- i'm starting their D this week too.

i think it's fairly obvious that edwards' value is higher with anderson than it is with quinn. But i'm not expecting a miracle return to 07 numbers.

I just dumped him. Edwards & Boss for Vernon Davis. He may very well do better and Vernon reverting wouldn't shock me. I just had plenty of WRs in that league and was sick of even looking at the Brownies' scores.

I'm letting someone else worry about him. I also just grabbed MSW in that league.. so good riddance and good luck to you guys who have him.

:headbanger:

yeah...I'm not really saying he will revert to 07 #'s.... 15tds... I just think he might have a solid upside seeing how the browns suck and will need to throw a lot this year... I'm trading Torry Holt for him...

I picked him up off waivers in my 14 team league, and am starting him this week. With Fitz on bye, my remaining receivers were Sims-Walker, Eddie Royal, Andre Caldwell. I figure Edwards is a better play than Royal and Caldwell. With Anderson playing, at least Edwards has a chance to put up numbers. Not a great chance, but better than having Quinn at QB never looking more than 15 yards downfield.

braylon is a deep threat guy. Quinn had a noodle arm and anderson has a rocket arm. Braylon had a great year when Anderson was a waiver wire wonder and tore it up.

This only helps braylon.

anderson had about 6 good games. i won't disagree with you that it may help Braylon long term, however, Anderson is also a turnover machine. Braylon can't catch passes when the other team has the ball.

anderson had about 6 good games. i won't disagree with you that it may help Braylon long term, however, Anderson is also a turnover machine. Braylon can't catch passes when the other team has the ball.

braylon is at a low value wise now. He aint turning into a stud wr this year, but he should become at least startable in 12 team leagues as a low #2 or #3 wr if anderson can actually throw the ball to him, unlike quinn.

I have this guy on my squad and I wish i didn't... no value whatsoever and no production either. Take away his one super year and you have an avg WR. Anderson blew up that year but he looks nothing like that anymore. Anderson was the QB last year and Braylon put up 55-800-3... you know... Marty Booker type stats. I hate giving up on him cause i have him in my keeper but Mike Sims-walker is available and I'm looking awfully hard at an add/drop...

I have this guy on my squad and I wish i didn't... no value whatsoever and no production either. Take away his one super year and you have an avg WR. Anderson blew up that year but he looks nothing like that anymore. Anderson was the QB last year and Braylon put up 55-800-3... you know... Marty Booker type stats. I hate giving up on him cause i have him in my keeper but Mike Sims-walker is available and I'm looking awfully hard at an add/drop...

I'll go out on a limb here and say...you can fully expect moving forward...that Sims-Walker will be a more effective fantasy play than Edwards.

I can't believe he's still available on WW in any league.

I'll go out on a limb here and say...you can fully expect moving forward...that Sims-Walker will be a more effective fantasy play than Edwards.

I can't believe he's still available on WW in any league.

My only concern is his injury history. It's a 16 team league too... td heavy 6 player keeper.... I know how is walker still there??? I just hate letting Braylon go because of it being a keeper... but Walker is in a much better situation and still just 24... my only other option is letting H. Ward go but he's such a good plug in guy...

Anways... Braylon has been much more avg than good in his career...

The QB can make or break a guy. Look at Buffalo. Owens and Lee Evans with the right QB are stars but with Trent Edwards who cant play to there "Game" they are not good players anymore. Braylon Edwards will never have a 07 season with Quinn or be a great fantasy player BUT with Anderson he can be a very good WR and have a good season becasue Anderson plays to Braylons game. Im not saying he will have a breakout week this week BUT he will be fantasy relavent this year as long as Anderson is the QB. If Quinn comes back in thens he is worthless again.

And I mean super low of course... but he can only get better with Anderson as his QB... He had 15 Td's the year anderson went to the pro bowl...

What do you guys think?? Who would you un-load for him??

The problem, as you point out, is that the other owner is probably thinking the same thing, and is thinking that maybe everything is fixed with Anderson back at the helm, and won't sell low. If he drops a turd this week you can get him for a song, which, I dunno, if you have deep rosters and can afford to let him gel with Anderson for a few weeks, might not be a bad risk. ;)

i drafted braylon in a 16 team league, do i like him NO, but i do think with anderson back at QB his stats have to impove, how much lower can they get? ppr league

week 1- 2 points

week 2 - 15 points

week 3- 6 points

week 4- he will break double digits and get his first t.d. against cinci (i hope)