Sign in to follow this  
easydoesit

Tomlinson: Is he done or just less than his usual self?

There have been almost a dozen LT threads in just the past month alone and they've all dealt with evaluating him for the rest of the year.

I see you have only 53 posts here in over 5 years so I would recommend visiting more frequently or learning to use the Search function.

I see three problems. The first is SD's O-line has trouble moving people up front. Second, LT is obviously older and slower. Third, LT used to be a pass catching machine. Now sproles comes in on third down. This not only hurts LT's pass catching ability but also his rushing. Teams now know when he is in the game SD is going to run. Unfortunately LT is nothing more than a matchup guy as a flex or RB 3.

IMO.

Is it worth getting him for the rest of the season? He will not take much to get in my opinion. Anybody have any thoughts on him?

I am going to take a shot and start him this week in one of my leagues.

LT's stats have declined so much that he has almost acquired "sleeper" status as a starter. I keep using him in salary cap games so that I can rocket up in the standings when he blows up. However, it hasn't worked. After I saw him repeatedly fail to punch it into the endzone against KC, I concluded that he is not the LT of old. He will have his decent games, but he is no longer a fanball point monster. I do think he's about due to throw a TD pass, though. It's been a while.

If he can't get it done this week against Oakland he may not see my lineup again. Hell, depending how I feel a kickoff he may not see it against Oakland, thinking of stating Kevin Smith vs. St Louis over him........

It's very much the Oline in my opinion. Yes he's a little slower, and not as agile, but to me, most of it is a terrible run blocking Oline.

It's very much the Oline in my opinion. Yes he's a little slower, and not as agile, but to me, most of it is a terrible run blocking Oline.

im siding with this for 1 simple fact...... sproles hasn't done anything rushing the ball either. If it was all the decline of LT, wouldn't everyones man crush, Darren Sproles, be lighting things up?

nope, all his stats are coming through the air.

Has anyone seen his run this year? He's done! He couldn't score on the Chiefs. The old LT would have scored 2-3 tds, especially on the one yard line.

If he can't get it done this week against Oakland he may not see my lineup again. Hell, depending how I feel a kickoff he may not see it against Oakland, thinking of stating Kevin Smith vs. St Louis over him........

I would not play LT over Kevin Smith any matchup anymore. I got rid of LT during draft for Moss to a homer.

There have been almost a dozen LT threads in just the past month alone and they've all dealt with evaluating him for the rest of the year.

I see you have only 53 posts here in over 5 years so I would recommend visiting more frequently or learning to use the Search function.

This site has been gathering casual fans and fantasy newbies for over a decade, yet I still have to sift through posts by douche bag purists who insist that people use the search function or post to the WSIS page.

Seriously, take your post-count and stick it in your fantasy a-hole, tool. Some people just want to bring up their own topic in their own time/way.

My 2-cents: LT is in the same boat as Portis -- he's not washed-up, his line is.

I agree with Whitewonder , I don't know about starting Smith this week against the Rams instead. If Calvin Johnson and Stanford sit this week I go Lt if they play I go smith/

This site has been gathering casual fans and fantasy newbies for over a decade, yet I still have to sift through posts by douche bag purists who insist that people use the search function or post to the WSIS page.

Seriously, take your post-count and stick it in your fantasy a-hole, tool. Some people just want to bring up their own topic in their own time/way.

^ says the guy with less than 200 posts in over 7 focking years! If you spent half as much time posting here as you do lurking, you would know it gets tiresome as fock responding to the same concept over and over again, in duplicate threads, just because someone is too lazy to bump any of a dozen existing threads on the exact same subject. You won't understand that until you actually start contributing to this forum.

^ says the guy with less than 200 posts in over 7 focking years! If you spent half as much time posting here as you do lurking, you would know it gets tiresome as fock responding to the same concept over and over again, in duplicate threads, just because someone is too lazy to bump any of a dozen existing threads on the exact same subject. You won't understand that until you actually start contributing to this forum.

:thumbsup:

But how many of your posts were posts bitching and moaning about how you don't like that particular post. And how many were insults to people because they don't have a large enough post count?? Those shouldn't even count because they add nothing. So you may be down to 100 or 200 USEFUL posts.

I think your fixation on a LARGE post count is trying to make up for something you feel lacking in size.

Stop being a forum bully on a free site. LAME :ninja:

here, I'll start your reply so you can just cut and paste:

This coming from somebody with 54 posts in a month and a half...

Has anyone seen his run this year? He's done! He couldn't score on the Chiefs. The old LT would have scored 2-3 tds, especially on the one yard line.

Sounds like you have not seen him run.

The old LT would not have scored in those goalline carries vs the Chiefs...nor would anyone with the way they were blocked.

My 2-cents: LT is in the same boat as Portis -- he's not washed-up, his line is.

very well said

very well said

+1 I'll add that you can't search for "LT", not enough letters. Even without that, my rule is: if it isn't on the first page (which, btw, there are no LT threads on the first page), it is more than fair game. :nono:

To the original topic, LT is "done" if you think of him as a first round RB1. If you need an RB3/flex or maybe RB2 in an emergency, he is serviceable. He still gets the primary carries, still gets the GL carries, the offense moves the ball pretty well with VJax and Gates. He'll have his on weeks and off weeks.

The real disappointment with Tomlinson is that he was always a receiving monster even when he got shut down on the ground. That made him an almost unstoppable stat machine. He has never had fewer than 51 catches and three times has surpassed 60. This year: 7 catches in 4 games. That projects to only 28 in 16 games- by far a career low.