Sign in to follow this  
smelly_spider

Is Slaton benched?

I think Kubiak may be trying to prove a point...i think we will see him in the 3rd qt and he better perform or thats it...

I hope you are right. Motherfocker needs to call Tiki and get some damn lessons.

I think Kubiak may be trying to prove a point...i think we will see him in the 3rd qt and he better perform or thats it...

how many times can he try and prove a point when the dude fumbles EVERY game?

He's done. Start of the 3rd and it was all Moats and Brown. SOB.

:thumbsup:

yea slaton is my # 3 back.. and i just traded my # 4 (bradshaw)... i quickly picked up moats, but just when we thought it was safe to start slaton after averaging 15 points per game in my non ppr over the past 5 weeks

Is this benching a permanent thing though? I doubt it so you gotta wonder is Moats worth a pickup? Looks good today but it's the Bills. I guess I'll take a flyer on him. :thumbsup:

as a Slaton owner.. i think moats is a must pick up especially if your gonna be fantasy playoffs bound.. but if not, i still think slaton is the guy and kubiak is still being a jackass and trying to prove a point (between last weeks presser saying steve is our guy and we go as far as he takes us, to benching him after 2 touches ???? what a joke)

moats has 20 carries for 108 yards and 2 TDs. I hate you steve slaton. :pointstosky:

Hahaha, make that 3 now. So Moats is a must pick up now?

as a Slaton owner.. i think moats is a must pick up especially if your gonna be fantasy playoffs bound.. but if not, i still think slaton is the guy and kubiak is still being a jackass and trying to prove a point (between last weeks presser saying steve is our guy and we go as far as he takes us, to benching him after 2 touches ???? what a joke)

Sounds like a happy Slaton owner.

Moats is having the day I expected of Slaton.

I traded him for Addai and Garcon this morning, but we were going to wait until Tuesday to process, now the guy is backing out of the trade! I hate this crap!

Sounds like a happy Slaton owner.

Moats is having the day I expected of Slaton.

i mean do you expect any of us to be happy about today... cupcake matchup with the bills... all slaton owners need to pick up moats... i do think it becomes a timeshare for next week, but moving forward slaton being the guy (as long as he continues to not cough up the football), if he does moats becomes a weekly flex play

i mean do you expect any of us to be happy about today... cupcake matchup with the bills... all slaton owners need to pick up moats... i do think it becomes a timeshare for next week, but moving forward slaton being the guy (as long as he continues to not cough up the football), if he does moats becomes a weekly flex play

why would anyone waste two roster spots on the houston rbs?

because if you plan on being in the playoffs for a 12 or 14 team league with deep rosters it makes way more sense to roster moats as a slaton owner than it does a wr like donnie avery or a back like jamal lewis or whatever... if it does become moats job or if slaton gets injured the upside is most certainly higher there than prolly 3-4 guys that are on the bottom of your roster

because if you plan on being in the playoffs for a 12 or 14 team league with deep rosters it makes way more sense to roster moats as a slaton owner than it does a wr like donnie avery or a back like jamal lewis or whatever... if it does become moats job or if slaton gets injured the upside is most certainly higher there than prolly 3-4 guys that are on the bottom of your roster

deep roster sure...........I dont think most people have 15 roster spots. If you have 5-7 roster spots it aint worth having two rbs on the same team

gotta stop my opponents from picking him up. slaton woulda been on my bench if benson wasnt on a bye

gotta stop my opponents from picking him up. slaton woulda been on my bench if benson wasnt on a bye

thats another reason... anything less than rosters of 15 hes not ownable, however with rosters of 15... that leaves you 10 roster spots between backs and wideouts.. he's certainly worth more to me than a 2nd defense or 2nd tight end right now as a slaton owner...

there seems to be confusion here. It comes down to roster spots. I would myself own alot of guys if I had 20 roster spots. Now with 8 or less spots you have to pick wisely.

is it time for "Slaton is a bust" threads?

Strangely YES it is. Heas got like 6 TDs this year too and after last week I was pumped for this game. Then, he fumbled his job away and Moats made the most of it. Done. Last year was a fairy tale I guess.

Slaton wont make my 4 keepers this year. Oh well.

Ok i'm a Slaton owner who was late on the Moats pick up today. Some other JA picked him up before I could get to him.

But anyway...do we really think Ryan Moats is the answer for Houston? Everyone has had their way with Buffalo. Kubiak was definitely using this game to prove a point IMO.

They're going to need slaton's explosiveness if they want to beat the better teams. I completely agree/admit that the the fumbling is a major issue. But i highly doubt they're "done" with him. You're going to see him back out there again next week...he fumbles again...all bets...OFF.

It doesnt matter what Moats' talent level is, the opportunity is his. If I had to bet I'd say Slaton is likely to re-appear, but it wont be until week 11 at the earliest given their week 10 bye. We'll have to see what GK say at the pressers. After getting to "know" him a little watching every presser he is likely to say that he doesnt care who made the running game work...but it worked today and they will continue to use a Moats-led combination until it doesnt work.

Interesting to note;

Schaub's first interception was the result of a missed blitz pickup by Moats

Schaub's second interception came via a missed blitz pickup by Brown

That will be noticed, but does not overcome Slaton's fumbling problems.

Ok i'm a Slaton owner who was late on the Moats pick up today. Some other JA picked him up before I could get to him.

But anyway...do we really think Ryan Moats is the answer for Houston? Everyone has had their way with Buffalo. Kubiak was definitely using this game to prove a point IMO.

They're going to need slaton's explosiveness if they want to beat the better teams. I completely agree/admit that the the fumbling is a major issue. But i highly doubt they're "done" with him. You're going to see him back out there again next week...he fumbles again...all bets...OFF.

the problem with this is that it's not like the fumbles were the only problem for Slaton, he has sucked badly this year. Sure he has been catching the ball well but all that makes him is Reggie Bush 2.0. Moats is'nt anything special but in this offense he does'nt need to be, Slaton may get another shot but at this point he has played his way out of a job.

As a Slaton owner, I'm not delusional nor naive enough to believe his benching was to "make a point."

Dude couldn't hold on to the football if it had a handle. And the fact that he has as many fumbles as games played translates into Kubiak having ZERO trust in him. Don't expect Slaton to be the starter next week. Just my 0.02.

Just picked up Moats.

Who knows, he could be the Steve Slaton of 2009. :wall:

Keep reading where people are 'picking up' Moats....wth kind of league is it where there are no waivers?? Is it a FFA? Playing in leagues with no waivers is, in my opinion, bad for league competitiveness. I suppose if this is known before the league starts and everyone is ok with it fine....