Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Ryan Moats going forward...

A guy comes in.. gets the bulk of the carries.. carries 26 times for 126 yds and 3tds.... i don't care what the defense is.. those are numbers that make my mouth water with potential for the running back i have been looking for all year long...

any updates on our boy? is Slaton benched until Moats hits a wall? or was this just a one game wonder?

Moats will break BB piggy banks but not do much as I think Slaton returns the next game and runs like a man possesed.

A guy comes in.. gets the bulk of the carries.. carries 26 times for 126 yds and 3tds.... i don't care what the defense is.. those are numbers that may my mouth water with potential for the running back i have been looking for all year long...

any updates on our boy? is Slaton benched until Moats hits a wall? or was this just a one game wonder?

Wont know the value of either going forward until Kubiak announces if Slaton is still starter or gets benched. That likely wont happen until after everyone has to decide on if they use their waiver or not :doublethumbsup:

Kubiak noncommittal on starting running back

Slaton

Texans coach Gary Kubiak was noncommittal when asked if Steve Slaton had lost his starting job to Ryan Moats after Sunday's performance.

"Ryan took advantage of the situation," Kubiak said. "We'll see." Moats averaged 5.5 YPC on 23 carries, though it's worth noting that Buffalo's league-worst run defense is allowing a 5.2 per carry on the season. Still, it was easily the Texans' best ground attack of the season, and Slaton is more suited to a passing-down role. Expect a backfield by committee going forward, with short-yardage back Chris Brown also involved. Nov. 2 - 9:47 am et

Source: Houston Chronicle

Kubiak has not liked or trusted Slaton's game all year. I would be shocked to see him come back and be the primary ball carrier. Big hit to Slaton and Moats is the top WW Claim by far this week.

HOU has a nice schedule coming up and a potent offense. Depends on how the split works out or if they just say screw off to slaton but I can see a nice flex player at the minimum out of Moats.

here is the latest from ROTOWORLD. looks like its gonna be a mess :unsure:

Coach Kubiak on Texans RBs: 'All 3 will play'

Slaton

Texans coach Gary Kubiak remained noncommittal about his starting running back on Monday, saying "all three backs will play."

Kubiak figures to ride the hot hand, and Ryan Moats has it now. Steve Slaton should remain involved in some capacity because he's the club's best bet for big plays, but his workload threatens to diminish significantly after losing five fumbles in the first eight games. "I told him to keep his chin up," Kubiak said of Slaton. "We're going to need him." Still, take a wait-and-see approach with this backfield in Week 9 against Indianapolis. Nov. 2 - 4:53 pm et

Source: Adam Caplan on Twitter

Moats has been sitting on my Dynasty roster since I saw him head to Houston....

Kubiak is a Shanny-Rat disciple and he'll ride the hot hand and make no named players his main back if he has to.... Moats is the same thing as Slaton in my mind (maybe not quite at fast), but if he holds onto that ball and takes the job and runs with it, i may get some nice trade value for him at the deadline....

cheers to being taught the ropes by Shanny-Rat :thumbsdown:

I put in a high WW bid for him, so I hope he becomes the feature back. I'm desperate at flex for somebody to do anything. Plus, I'm not sold on Hightower continuing to be solid at my RB2.

So is Chris Brown completly out of the picture here? I handcuffed Slayton last week with Brown... :shocking:

There is zero chance I get Moats off of waivers as I'm like 13th or something, but is Chris Brown even worth hanging onto as protection?

ease your expectations......Bills have one of the worst run defenses in the league.

He will come down to earth just like Shon Greene did this week. :lol:

Thomas jones was never going to lose his job. He was being rested. Moats came in because Chris brown had been lackluster at best, tore it up and slaton sat because he fumbled for the seventh time in 7 games. The two situations aren't even close to the same.

I will be interested to see how deep Slaton is in Kubiaks doghouse, when the Colts start laying the wood to the Texans this week. It's all well and good to bench SLaton against a team you know you can beat in the Bills, but the Colts up by a few scores and??? Just my opinion, but I think Kubiak took the opportunity to motivate his running back this weekend. Message hopefully delivered.

Thomas jones was never going to lose his job. He was being rested. Moats came in because Chris brown had been lackluster at best, tore it up and slaton sat because he fumbled for the seventh time in 7 games. The two situations aren't even close to the same.

Dude....ok....I got ur point. but mark my words....the situation in Houston will be the 3prong attack of Slaton,Moats,and Chris Brown. It was the Buffalo bills.....Like i said.....

EASE UR EXPECTATIONS....... :lol:

ease your expectations......Bills have one of the worst run defenses in the league.

He will come down to earth just like Shon Greene did this week. :lol:

Of course, but the Texans do run the ball....I wanna say they're 6th in rush attempts......and the HOU passing game is one of the best in the league, so whoever is getting the carries is gonna have value. But Moats just isn't that good.....there's a reason he's been a journeyman in the league.

I see this being a poorman's version of the New Orleans backfield.....Moats=Bell......Slaton=Pierre......Brown=Bush.....the difference here is that if Slaton continues to struggle, he could lose significant value.

Of course, but the Texans do run the ball....I wanna say they're 6th in rush attempts......and the HOU passing game is one of the best in the league, so whoever is getting the carries is gonna have value. But Moats just isn't that good.....there's a reason he's been a journeyman in the league.

I see this being a poorman's version of the New Orleans backfield.....Moats=Bell......Slaton=Pierre......Brown=Bush.....the difference here is that if Slaton continues to struggle, he could lose significant value.

That's what I'm thinking. I don't expect him to become the full-time back and produce close to the level he did Sunday week in and week out, but he was more than impressive enough when he got the chance that he absolutely warrants significant playing time moving forward. At the very least he should be a decent flex play with good upside, but you're right in that his performance is augmented by the fact that the Bills are awful against the run. I know the chances are slim that I get him (15th in waiver order) but I'll be putting in a claim on him anyway. He would be a significant upgrade over Fred Jackson.

Like i said.....EASY ON the Moats KOOLAID.....

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=3209

RBBC...... :dunno:

"Macca of Columbus Ohio says that Ryan Moats will be the undisputed starter and will never share a carry the rest of the season" That means as much as that guy. Not knocking you reporting it, but things like that are just some guy's opinion on a website. If it was a Kubiak or even a lowly beat writer, I might put some credence into it, but that report means nothing. Not saying what he says isn't going to happen, though.

Dude....ok....I got ur point. but mark my words....the situation in Houston will be the 3prong attack of Slaton,Moats,and Chris Brown. It was the Buffalo bills.....Like i said.....

EASE UR EXPECTATIONS....... :dunno:

I'm not expecting anything. I don't even have Slaton or Moats on a single team. Personally I don't even know why Chris Brown would be involved in this mess. He has not delivered when asked during the regular season for the Texans.

look really slaton has only had a few good games this season ...some average games ....so i am picking moats up just to add depth and to get him so the slaton owner doesnt have him....maybe use as trade bait

LOL :thumbsup:

Buffalo has THE worst run defense in the league. Kubiak took an easy way to make an impression on his young back. Slaton is the man and give the Texans their ONLY viable RB against any defense not named the Bills. Going forward I wouldn't want any of these RBs on my team but I definately wouldn't have high expectations for Moats. But of course if you need RB depth it would be dumb not to pick up Moats.

I will be interested to see how deep Slaton is in Kubiaks doghouse, when the Colts start laying the wood to the Texans this week. It's all well and good to bench SLaton against a team you know you can beat in the Bills, but the Colts up by a few scores and??? Just my opinion, but I think Kubiak took the opportunity to motivate his running back this weekend. Message hopefully delivered.

Slaton will have an impact in the passing game for sure with OD out, especially, no matter what happens with the RBBC situation looming. The Texans are really working that screen very well with Slaton... getting him into open space.

With all due respect, I think you will see the Texans laying the wood to the Colts this weekend, even with the injuries and the RB shenanigans. They just put up numbers and that DEF is really coming through. .02

P.S. - I am really looking hard at FINALLY throwing Walters into the mix with the OD injury, as he should benefit. I'll wait another week for that, but I suspect this is when he gets over.

I just blew the farm on Moats with my Free Agent Budget....just traded for Slaton two weeks ago and needing to protect my investment. He was great in PPR the last couple of weeks before all this crap.

Damn you Kubiak - you just cost me my lunch money....!

I really feel Slaton will be back in the primary role after the bye. I don't know 100% sure why, but my gut is telling me I just blew $14 of real money on a guy I won't need in two weeks.

I can honestly say that I believe Slaton is done as the primary back for now. He's been getting pulled in the middle of the game all year after fumbles. He always returned though. The disciplinary actions are not working and the coach has been forced into this decision.

He's going to ho hum it and dance around the subject because he can't afford to come out and say that Slaton is now the third down back. He may have to turn back to him if Moats fails. It's all politics right now.

You can bet on this going forward though:

1st/2nd Down: Moats

3rd Down: Slaton (He's just too good of a receiver to not be getting touches especially with OD done for the year)

Sprinkle in an occasional carry for Chris Brown as a breather to Moats.

Moats= Pierre

Slaton= Bush

C.Brown= much less important version of Bell

I can honestly say that I believe Slaton is done as the primary back for now. He's been getting pulled in the middle of the game all year after fumbles. He always returned though. The disciplinary actions are not working and the coach has been forced into this decision.

He's going to ho hum it and dance around the subject because he can't afford to come out and say that Slaton is now the third down back. He may have to turn back to him if Moats fails. It's all politics right now.

You can bet on this going forward though:

1st/2nd Down: Moats

3rd Down: Slaton (He's just too good of a receiver to not be getting touches especially with OD done for the year)

Sprinkle in an occasional carry for Chris Brown as a breather to Moats.

Moats= Pierre

Slaton= Bush

C.Brown= must less important version of Bell

Well I used up 2/3 of my free agent budget to get Moats, so I hope to God you are right!