Sign in to follow this  
coreyjp23

Best Buy Low RBs

Who do you think are the best buy low RBs for RB1/2? Here are a few I would buy:

Ronnie Brown after 2 poor outings. I just traded Forte and Collie for Brown in one league.

Ryan Grant after an average start he should be better once the weather gets cold and they run more.

Steve Slaton if the owner is in panic mode he would be a good value pick

Who do you think are the best buy low RBs for RB1/2? Here are a few I would buy:

Ronnie Brown after 2 poor outings. I just traded Forte and Collie for Brown in one league.

Ryan Grant after an average start he should be better once the weather gets cold and they run more.

Brandon Jacobs - Value is probably the lowest it can get on this guy. He is getting goaline carries just not converting. Bradshaw has that cracked bone in his foot that could sideline him at some point (although i like Bradhshaw there to spell him but he has been taking goaline TDs) Eli is starting to come down to earth and with the Defense looking weak they will try to play more ball control by pounding Jacobs.

Brandon Jacobs - Value is probably the lowest it can get on this guy. He is getting goaline carries just not converting. Bradshaw has that cracked bone in his foot that could sideline him at some point (although i like Bradhshaw there to spell him but he has been taking goaline TDs) Eli is starting to come down to earth and with the Defense looking weak they will try to play more ball control by pounding Jacobs.

The Giants are overrated due to an early easy schedule. Now that they've played real teams, the real Giants are gettin whooped. It's really not a surprise. In addition to this, every time they have to play from behind, Jacobs becomes a non-factor because they need the faster 3rd down back on the field who also barely gets any touches. Bradshaw has gotten lucky due to the situation on the field. And we (who have started him) have gotten lucky in the process. The buy low candidate on this team Gartrell Johnson, the back to the back with jacked up foot). When Bradshaw goes down, and Jacobs can't play the scat back role, Johnson will get the touches.

The Giants are overrated due to an early easy schedule. Now that they've played real teams, the real Giants are gettin whooped. It's really not a surprise. In addition to this, every time they have to play from behind, Jacobs becomes a non-factor because they need the faster 3rd down back on the field who also barely gets any touches. Bradshaw has gotten lucky due to the situation on the field. And we (who have started him) have gotten lucky in the process. The buy low candidate on this team Gartrell Johnson, the back to the back with jacked up foot). When Bradshaw goes down, and Jacobs can't play the scat back role, Johnson will get the touches.

I know that's what their depth chart is saying....but...Danny Ware is the guy you might see more of. Looked good in the preseason. If one of those Giants backs go down...he's gonna be the one that benefits. Just a gut.

I don't think the giants are as bad as they look right now...but they're also not as good as they looked against poor teams. They're somewhere inbetween. Don't give up on them yet!

Ronnie Brown: Brown will eventually get his. No worries there.

Ryan Grant: One of the most consistent yardage guys. This guy is the equivalent of Justin Fargas. If Fargas was in Green Bay he still wouldn't score. He never can break that last tackle.

Steve Slaton: Who spiked this guys punch? He went from a great fantasy starter to Tiki Barber's Fumblitous. They are now in a RBBC in Houston until either Moats takes an edge off his sudden play making ability or Slaton runs like crazy while Moats is taking a breather or gets a cramped leg.

Out of the 3, I'd still be happy to have either Brown or Grant on my team. Slaton has become a risky option and his stock is tumbling so fast. if he doesn't get his act together, you'll see him at your local McD's telling you what you could get for your dollar.

sounds like the other guy bought low on Forte.

I'm big on Jacobs, bad weather coming and the Giants are gonna have to run more. Like Mendenhall for the same reason, but his value isn't depressed.

Marion Barber and Brian Westbrook are probably as cheap as they've ever been

i wouldnt touch Westbrook :thumbsup: Guy his one more hit in head or knee away from wheelchair.

i like the idea of buying Slaton low right now. I think Texans where just trying to teach him a lesson that he better stop dropping the dam ball. He is too good receiving out of back field and running the ball for them to sit.

I traded Forte and Housh (already have Mega, DJax, Bowe, Collie) for Brown and Heath Miller. I think it's a good shot to get Brown's easy schedule to finish while dumping Forte's pretty brutal schedule (good numbers on the surface vs. Cleveland but a poor YPC again). Now I have Brown as insurance behind DeAngelo and Rice and upgraded my TE position.

Mike Bell could be a buy low -- I still think the N.O. backfield will fluctuate. I have had Pierre for the last two years on some teams and he is great but there are always issues. I don't think Bell is out of the picture even with the fumble last week.

Another few buy very lows are McFadden and Fargas. Even perhaps Beanie Wells again after last week's low output; he does have a nice schedule to finish.

Julius Jones has stunk it up lately but has a soft schedule to finish and could be a cheap RB3 type.

Just so you know Gatrell has been inActive the last 2 weeks since Danny Ware is back.

Marshawn Lynch.

I know this because no one will offer me anything for him.

You can have him for a dollar or Larry Johnson (well, almost) though.

(He does have a nice 2nd half schedule though).

BigBlue7 knows things.

Danny Ware was really impressive in preseason. He is def the guy to look at if Bradshaw's cracked bone becomes displaced.

Johnson is much more of a plodding power back; he is a project right now. The knocks on him are 1) he lacks pure speed, and 2) he is not patient in waiting for the play or hole to develop. I actually would view him as Jacobs backup if anything, but if Ahmad goes down, IMO Ware will get the call.

portis, lynch, lj, parker, dbrown, lendale, westbrook, and mcgahee.

which ones do u really want among these????

portis is usually good for a 3-game stretch every season and he hasnt had one this yr; but, are they even good enough to get it for him??

dbrown is dinged now; but, high octane offense that may use him to run out leads in december as they keep addai fresh for playoffs in january???

lendale has been non-existent this season; but, if they rediscover their identity and fortitude along the offensive front, could he ring up some TDs in their efficient, slow-paced offense???

mcgahee was on fire to start the season, but rice took over and is fantasy's new beast, esp in ppr; can willis find some TDs again in cold december running gameplans???

:music_guitarred:

Marshawn Lynch.

I know this because no one will offer me anything for him.

You can have him for a dollar or Larry Johnson (well, almost) though.

(He does have a nice 2nd half schedule though).

I just dumped him for Derrick Mason. I felt a little dirty afterwards, but I couldn't wait around on potential forever and thankfully I have plenty of RB's to carry me.

Do you not have a trade deadline?

We do, it's November 10th. As of right now in the 12 team league no one is mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

i wouldnt touch Westbrook :shocking: Guy his one more hit in head or knee away from wheelchair.

i like the idea of buying Slaton low right now. I think Texans where just trying to teach him a lesson that he better stop dropping the dam ball. He is too good receiving out of back field and running the ball for them to sit.

I'd buy Westy in a heartbeat (which I did) as long as you have McCoy (which I do).

I just dumped him for Derrick Mason. I felt a little dirty afterwards, but I couldn't wait around on potential forever and thankfully I have plenty of RB's to carry me.

I am about to dump him for the Pats' defense. Seriously.

It's probably been a little annoying for my fellow owners but I have tried to trade Lynch for Mason and every WR2, 3, or 4 not named Devery Henderson, with no success. I've packaged him, dangled him, you name it.

Nada.

If the Bills were smart they would just turn the offense over to him, Jackson and Evans, and repeat.

Is Hightower a buy low maybe? Geeez I just got an offer, Hightower/Crabtree for Westbrook. PPR, what do I do?

i'd take that deal. you've gotten nothing out of westbrook so far. crabtree looks good in PPR and hightower is good in PPR too. he's inconsistent because he's best when they are behind.