Sign in to follow this  
jared7683

Steven Jackson

He didn't practice all week. He tweeted Friday that he was feeling better. Now the Rams signed a RB off of their practice squad. Is there any hope he takes something and fights through the pain?

Rams signed RB Chris Ogbonnaya off their practice squad.

This is bad news for Steven Jackson's owners. Jackson missed the entire week of practice with a back injury and is considered a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Seahawks. If Jackson sits, Ogbonnaya would be insurance behind Ken Darby.

Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter

Related: Steven Jackson, Kenneth Darby

He didn't practice all week. He tweeted Friday that he was feeling better. Now the Rams signed a RB off of their practice squad. Is there any hope he takes something and fights through the pain?

Rams signed RB Chris Ogbonnaya off their practice squad.

This is bad news for Steven Jackson's owners. Jackson missed the entire week of practice with a back injury and is considered a game-time decision for Sunday's game against the Seahawks. If Jackson sits, Ogbonnaya would be insurance behind Ken Darby.

Source: Alex Marvez on Twitter

Related: Steven Jackson, Kenneth Darby

I would have said his chances of playing after no practice all week were maybe 30%.

Now that they signed this dude off there practice squad as a rb I would say more like a 5% chance he plays. imo.

God I hope he plays.........:music_guitarred:

As it stands now, I have to pray Turner sits so I can play Snelling with PT if SJax sits. If Snelling doesn't get the start I'm royally screwed. :music_guitarred:

I would have said his chances of playing after no practice all week were maybe 30%.

Now that they signed this dude off there practice squad as a rb I would say more like a 5% chance he plays. imo.

5%? Seriously? How do you come to that conclusion?

50/50

5%? Seriously? How do you come to that conclusion?

50/50

Hey Jarvis.....with all due respect why else would they pick up and sign a rb off there practice squad the day b4 the game? I could be completely wrong but I dont think this is normal practice for any team to sign a dude off there practice squad unless there is a reason to do so. :music_guitarred:

I tend to believe S Jax when he says his back is loosening up and feeling somewhat better. Obviously he's a game-time decision here, but don't read the world into this, other than what we already knew - that they will see how he feels in warm-ups before the game before they decide if he can go.

This really is good news for his owners, because if he's active, start him - he'll play. If not, you'll look elsewhere on your roster. You will have a clear-cut decision here.

It is not like they will try to play him at 50% healthy or need to keep him act9ive but on the bench just as insurance against injury to Darby.

Like i said before.....i could be dead wrong.

But i would be very surprised if he plays this week after missing wed/thurs/fri/ practice along with the walk through today. Plus the team signing a rb off the practice squad.

just sayin....... :sleep:

If I recall correctly, last year he had an injury where he would indicate he was feeling better but never would commit to playing. A couple weeks of hell for the SJax owners as he'd be listed as a GTD but then go inactive for Sunday.

Hopefully he remembers this year he is a baller and not a bawler. :thumbsup:

What do the Rams have to gain by putting him out there this week and taking a chance on a serious injury? I think he doesn't suit up tomorrow, I've already benched him for Beanie.

What do the Rams have to gain by putting him out there this week and taking a chance on a serious injury? I think he doesn't suit up tomorrow, I've already benched him for Beanie.

I'm trying to decide between Beanie & Hightower right now... I'll likely start one of them regardless of SJax's status. I've suffered from back spasms for years, and I could see it flaring up in-game even if he's active. Throw in these peripherals: Boller starting at QB (I just can't see him sustaining drives; both offensive G Incognito & the RT likely inactive). I might wind up regretting it, but I'm in a must-win this week... I just can't chance starting a guy I know has physical issues, has Boller as his QB AND will likely be missing 2 of his starting run-blockers.

Like i said before.....i could be dead wrong.

But i would be very surprised if he plays this week after missing wed/thurs/fri/ practice along with the walk through today. Plus the team signing a rb off the practice squad.

just sayin....... :thumbsup:

If he's a game-time decision, they can't rightly sign a guy 2 hours before kickoff.

He's 50/50 to play, and they're simply covering their bases by signing another RB. Doesn't mean he'll be active on Sunday.

And he won't have the option to play thru the pain. If his back spasms on Sunday, he's done.

This is the same thing I was thinking. The Rams have more to lose than gain with him playing. Which sucks for me being in a must win playoff chase. With Jacobs not an option it looks like its up to Moats if Jackson does not play.

This is the same thing I was thinking. The Rams have more to lose than gain with him playing. Which sucks for me being in a must win playoff chase. With Jacobs not an option it looks like its up to Moats if Jackson does not play.

Back spasms is not a serious injury, nor will it lead to one.

Personally, I've dealt with them most of my life. During my college career, when the back spasms flaired up, I couldn't even get my uniform on, let alone play. If Jackson gets a flair up, he won't play. It's not something you can play through.

He'll probably go thru pre-game warm up pretty hard, and if that doesn't trigger a spasm, he'll play. Simple as that.

Active per ESPN Sunday Countdown, Scheffter.

So much for my 5% chance of playing..... :doublethumbsup:

how many of you SJax owners are still going to roll with him? am i the only one concerned that maybe his back spasms start to act up at some point in the game?

or, do you go with somebody like Scott vs the Browns with Cedric out?

is this the best info we're likely to get? active doesn't necessarily mean starting does it

Yeah...I'm gonna wait to see (if possible since I don't get this game) if he's announced as the starter. This week is too important to me...still considering benching SJax & taking my chances w/ either Hightower or Beanie

is this the best info we're likely to get? active doesn't necessarily mean starting does it

ST. LOUIS (AP) -Running back Steven Jackson is set to start the St. Louis Rams' game against the Seattle Seahawks after missing three days of practice with back spasms.

Jackson entered with four straight 100-yard games and was cleared after participating in pre-game warmups. He had been questionable.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1259172...-in-rams-lineup

On a day full of FUs, I just wanna show some love to Steven Jackson. 23 carries, and his fourth straight week with 100something yards and a score (even it was super-mega-garbage time). Back spasms cower beneath the pimp hand of S. Jax.