Sign in to follow this  
marksy68

For Those Now In The Big Show

12 team Partial keeper league:

For me there were a few moves. Prior to the draft I traded away my 2nd rounder for Rice and then I traded away Portis for the 4th overall pick (used it to get Pierre).

Then about 4-5 weeks ago, I traded away Flacco and McCoy for Schaub, McGahee (to back up Rice) and a 2nd rounder next season. Lastly, I moved Steve Smith (Car) for Vincent Jackson

I am now on my way to the final.

I am hoping for a good showing, here are the probable starters:

Me - Schaub, MJD, Rice, Thomas, AJ, VJax, Clark, Carpenter, Cardinals

Him - Romo, ADP, Gore, LT, Mason, Welker, Gates, Akers, Ravens

We played each other twice this season, he won one, I won one.

12 team redraft. Picking up Sims-Walker and Ricky. Beat the Ronnie Brown owner with Ricky the night he had 3 TDs after Brown went down, and the owner refused a trade right before the game...lol. Been starting him since. Who would have thought Ricky would be a big part of my championship contender.

10 team league where I drafted Jacobs, Slaton and McFadden with 3 of my first five picks. Decided early I wasn't going to make any trades all year and just work the wire.

Clinched tonite; keys for me were 1) emergence of mid-round players like DJax and Ced Bens, 2) plucking guys like Celek, J. Charles, Steve Smith and Mendy off the wire, 3) Romo and Nate Kaeding.

10 team league where I drafted Jacobs, Slaton and McFadden with 3 of my first five picks. Decided early I wasn't going to make any trades all year and just work the wire.

Clinched tonite; keys for me were 1) emergence of mid-round players like DJax and Ced Bens, 2) plucking guys like Celek, J. Charles, Steve Smith and Mendy off the wire, 3) Romo and Nate Kaeding.

Wow, nice work.....

Wow where to begin...12 team redraft...started the season like this...after you see this lineup you will be amazed at my record...

QB's: Schaub and Palmer

WRs: Fitz, Moss, Bowe, Edwards

RBs: Slaton, Buckhalter, Wells, Lynch, Ward

TE: Carlson

Def: Arizona

K: Nick Folk

After some wheeling and dealing...including a pickup of miles austin when he had his good game..and getting rid of players before they crapped out...i.e i traded for westbrook for reggie wayne before he got hurt..miles austin, steve slaton and braylon edwards for ray rice and shiancoe..right before steve slaton was put in the dog house and the week before austin got shown up by roy williams..traded bowe before he got suspended..and some good waiver wire pickups my championship lineup now looks like this...13 and 2 record btw...

QB's: Schaub or Alex Smith...

WR's: Wayne, Moss, Housh, and Fitz

RBs: Hightower, Rice, Charles, Ganther, Forsett...(loved the wire this year)

TE: Davis and Shaincoe

DEF: Packers

K: Garrett Hartley

Not bad for all the ###### that happened to the players I got rid of in the nick of time..

Drafting Ray Rice and adding Jamaal Charles.

I started the year with DeAngelo Williams and Ronnie Brown as my starting RB's.

14 Team PPE (everything),

The Draft...just killed it.

Got (round drafted)

Farve (14)

Ced Ben (7)

R Rice (3)

D Jax (6)

R Wayne (2)

V Jax (4)

On The Bench

LT (1) since week 1

S Rice (15)

10 - 3 record in the finals against some stiff competition...one of the guys who beat me and he sits beside me at work.

Ray Rice

Vernon Davis

Mike Sims Walker(hasn't helped lately but helped get me get in the playoffs)

Going out on a limb and starting Gennings this weekend despite his lack of production

I made it to the Big Show with lots of luck:

Drafted Hasselbeck, Trent Edwards, Bulger...had Sanchez at one point, will start Vince Young Thursday.

Peterson and Grant at my RB core...Julius Jones and McFadden on the bench.

Drafted Colston, TJ, Avery, Jenkins..picked up Sims-Walker and Meachem

DALLAS CLARK has been my MVP!

Crosby and Houston's kicker Brown got the job done.

currently 9-5 in a 10 teamer

My league hates me!

:thumbsdown:

Drafting rice was a big help 14 team re draft start 1 qb 1 rb 1 wr 2 rb/wr 1 te

team i drafted and hated after draft...

orton/ryan

d will/rice/ bradshaw

White, MArshall, Holt

Celek, Finely <--- yes i drafted both of them

team now

orton ryan

d will rice charles

white marshall burleson

celek finely

My biggest moves are the ones my oppents turned down!!

week 3 offered

rice

for

slaton

week 11 offered or whatever week was right before turner got hurt

marshall burleson charles

for

turner

week 12 offered

ryan, marshall, charles

for

brady, mendenhall

all three trades got rejected by my oppenents and thank god... been rolling with the Rice D will charles marshall starting line up the past 3 weeks and its been working like a charm... this week i will most likely have to sit d will due to injury and start white but atleast i got to the ship even though my match ups are looking bad...

10 team, 3 player keeper, redraft 11 more players.

Kept Aaron Rodgers, Steven Jackson, Andre Johnson - All keepers were legit, and crucial

Drafted

Round 1 - Ronnie Brown at 1.09 ~ eventually hurt, but important all season long

Round 2 - Dewayne Bowe at 2.09 ~ helped, but fell below expectations

Round 3 - Antonio Gates ~ Pivotal in securing a few wins, very important pick

Round 4 - Knowshon Moreno ~ has been useful, but overall...meh

Round 5 - DeSean Jackson ~ Likely THE most important pick of the draft for me

Round 6 - Jerricho Cotchery ~ my "what if" pick stepped up on a few occasions

I speculated in the FA market to get the likes of Caddy Williams and Pierre Garcon to fill in here and there and was rewarded as pure luck found me starting them on the only weeks where they actually put up good points.

I also worked the WW like a madman to pickup defensive teams a week or two before a juicy match up, sacrificing depth at other positions to get some extra points, which worked surprisingly well.

At the end of the day(season) I did make "good" decisions, but I was more lucky than the other teams, that's all.... :thumbsdown:

The draft. Drafted well and didn't need to make any huge FA moves (although I did get J Charles and R Mendenhall via FA to go w/Turner, R Rice and Benson). Also, in another league which I lost this past week, the FA moves that KILLED me where the other guy nabbing M Austin (right before he blew-up) and J Charles. Those 2 moves cost me the SB and probably the overall pts title.

Working the waiver wire on a weekly basis and like never before after Ronnie Brown went down, looking for any extra point or mismatch I could find, as I had not depth after him and MJD and my WRs were suspect.

Week 11 - J Snelling: 18 pts

Week 12 - J Forsett: 20 pts

Week 13 - R Meacham: 32 pts

Week 14 - BUF D/ST: 19 pts, Q Ganther: 18 pts

Week 15 - CLE D/ST: 25 pts

I exceeded our transactions cap and have to kick in an extra $30 to the pot, but I made it to the championship. Now... to search for this week's mismatch. :banana:

My best move of the season was trading Leon Washington and Marshawn Lynch for Frank Gore right after Frank Gore got hurt. I lost the next 2 games but it paid off in the long run as Washington went down with a broken leg and Lynch sucked so much that the guy I traded him to dropped him a couple of weeks before the playoffs started.

Another good move was picking up Kaeding off the WW after someone cut him during his bye week. I know its only a kicker, but having him paired up with Philip Rivers has been a very nice combo and has gotten me points every time San Diego drives down the field.

My most important moves were MJD at 1.3 and Ray Rice in the 6th. Also, picking up MSW off of waiver helped to make-up for the loss of AGonzo in week 1.

Early in the year, it was picking Mike Sims-Walker on the waiver wire, later on it was Jamaal Charles. Bets move was drafting Schaub in round 10. I don't think he'll fall that far next year.

In my 14-team league, I drafted very well and took value whenever it fell to me. This league doesn't trade much and is pretty deep, so I knew I'd have to nail the draft. Schaub as the 10th QB off the board, DeSean in the 5th, and Clark in the 6th were my biggest value grabs. Almost none of my later round picks paid off after a pile of injuries, but Steve Smith NY did, and he was a fixture of my lineup from week 2 forward.

In the semis, it was actually a kicker change that got me to the dance. Someone who'd been carrying Bironas and Gostkowski dropped the former a couple weeks back, and I decided to start him in place of Crosby, my usual guy, because of Heinz Field being awful and Bironas being money since VY got in the lineup. Bironas had 10 points, Crosby 2, and I won by 1.8.

Draft (12-team PPR) was very solid (Sjax (keeper), AJ, Colston, D. Clark, Warner) but the moves that pushed me over the edge were pick-up of MSW in Week 3 and Ricky Williams in Week 4.

Every other pickup or trade (except a DST here and there) have been garbage.

Picking up Miles Austin the week before he blew up against the Chiefs. Another owner drafted him, but dropped him after week 2.

Lineup

McNabb

Gore

Tomlinson

Austin

Ochocinco

Housh

Garret Hartley/Kris Brown

Alot of moves for me my draft class was extremely weak at WR(R. Williams and A. Bryant /puke) and TE. Made some trades and picked up G. Jennings( wish he had a better year but has been picking it up) and V. Jackson. Then I played the waiver wire like a mad man. My biggest wire pick up was V. Davis in week 3 after his slow start. I also managed to trade for Romo when he slipped. The 2 that helped me that last few weeks were picking up S. Smith(car) and J. Charles off the wire. Ended up 9-4 for the season.

And now its championship time!

Handcuffing Ronnie w/Ricky in the 14th round and getting Austin & Rice on waivers! :headbanger:

(sometimes it pays to start the season 1-3)

Ray Rice in round 6......Vernon Davis off waivers in week 1.....Sims Walker off waivers

Traded Roy Williams and Knowshon Moreno for Boldin and Norwood (dumped Norwood). Reason being i already had Romo and Barber so didnt want to start 3 cowboys.

1.) Off season (pre-draft) trade of Larry Fitzgerald for Chris Johnson (keeper league).

2.) Waiver wire pickups of Miles Austin and J. Finley.

3.) Drafting D. Jackson as my second WR (behind TJ Housh :headbanger: )