Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Steven Jackson Inactive (Commish Question)

I just don't understand how if its all in fun and what not and people do not have time to check a players status, then why are they so worried about winning the game? It is all in fun? Take it in stride and realize its all about fun. If people do not have time to check out a players status in the championship game than why should they even win? If you weren't sure if he would play then start someone else. How hard iis this?

Man, the fact that this question is even asked is sad. When did men turn into such pussies? Bad focking luck maybe, but focking live with it. Crying about it like a damn ######! Can’t men be men again?

I'm with this guy :music_guitarred:

Tough sh!t!

Quit coddling these fu<ktards is my answer. Only in America do we reward the lazy and penalize the hard workers. Only in America do people who cause millions of dollars worth of damages and thousands of jobs receive million dollar buy outs. Only in America can you suck at your job and be rewarded. You stupid ass democrats kill me!

If you can't take responsibility for your own actions, whether for fun or in real life, you suck! And you shouldn't be granted a God damn thing!

Survival of the fittest! Assmunchers! :music_guitarred:

I want you to come speak at my church :thumbsup:

People have lives, they can't be expected to sit around all sunday morning waiting for news of their player.

No argument about that. But nobody has a gun to their head to join their fantasy football league.

1. Your league rules should be clear and in writing about this and all other fantasy issues. Period. End of sentences.

2. In my view (and in the rules of EVERY league I belong to), if you didn't swithch a player4 out, it is on YOU. As a matter of fact, I was one who fell asleep before the game and neglected to check S Jax's status. If I had lost the championship, I would have been EMBARRASSED. I would not have EVER considered whining to my league commish about it when I woke up shortly after the game started and saw he wasn't active. In fantasy football, as in LIFE, deadlines missed generally have consequences.

3. In this case, S Jax was questionable all week, which that means his chances of playing (per the NFL classification) was 50/50.

I agree with the majority here, the fact that you even had to ask the question is sad.

I suppose you are going to let all the teams with Colts players switch their lineup also? How could they know that they would all get rested for the second half? It only seems like the decent thing to do there don't you think?

I suppose you are going to let all the teams with Colts players switch their lineup also? How could they know that they would all get rested for the second half? It only seems like the decent thing to do there don't you think?

I'm really not trying to back the OP up, because if the rules say you can't swap an inactive player out, then you can't. I don't see why it's so hard for some of you to understand the difference between a player getting benched or hurt during a game rather than inactive. Inactive means he is inelligable to play. He might as well not even be on the team or in the NFL. He's a complete non-factor and there's no chance he will score a single point. So why should the player be locked down where he can't be subbed for someone who's team hasn't kicked off yet just because the team he's on, who he's not even on the active roster for, kicked off? The only reason I can think is because the rules say so. That's a good enough reason for the OP's post, but I wish most leagues would change this rule. In your "example" the players were given an opportunity to score points. They started the game and were eligable to play, and did play. Even if they didn't play, they could at any time during the game if the coach chose to allow it.

Put me in the "How is this even a question?" camp. Players are locked at the start of their game, or whenever your league rules say they're locked. Period. What's so hard to understand about this? And don't give me this "Inactive" crap - it doesn't change a thing.

There is so much information available now about players, there are no excuses anymore. If you have a player in your starting lineup you know is Questionable, you make contingency plans, and you check on his status constantly, especially on game day. In Jackson's case - he's been Questionable for the last few weeks, right? (The man has a herniated disk. I can't for the life of me see why he isn't shut down for the season, especially for a 1 win team.) He was called Inactive 90 minutes before game time.

We all have lives outside fantasy football - no sh!t.... I have 4 kids, and I'm always going to youth hockey and basketball games, and whatever else on weekends. Sometimes I can't get access to my team when I want to. But in a case like this, the solution is simple. You inform your Commish and opponent before the weekend that you're starting Player X, and you know he's Questionable. You have a funeral/wedding/Christmas party to go to, and you won't have access to the website on Sunday. So you tell them if Player X ends up Inactive, please plug Player Y in his place. Any commish or opponent, especially if friends, who wouldn't honor this, is a complete tool.

Put me in the "How is this even a question?" camp. Players are locked at the start of their game, or whenever your league rules say they're locked. Period. What's so hard to understand about this? And don't give me this "Inactive" crap - it doesn't change a thing.

There is so much information available now about players, there are no excuses anymore. If you have a player in your starting lineup you know is Questionable, you make contingency plans, and you check on his status constantly, especially on game day. In Jackson's case - he's been Questionable for the last few weeks, right? (The man has a herniated disk. I can't for the life of me see why he isn't shut down for the season, especially for a 1 win team.) He was called Inactive 90 minutes before game time.

We all have lives outside fantasy football - no sh!t.... I have 4 kids, and I'm always going to youth hockey and basketball games, and whatever else on weekends. Sometimes I can't get access to my team when I want to. But in a case like this, the solution is simple. You inform your Commish and opponent before the weekend that you're starting Player X, and you know he's Questionable. You have a funeral/wedding/Christmas party to go to, and you won't have access to the website on Sunday. So you tell them if Player X ends up Inactive, please plug Player Y in his place. Any commish or opponent, especially if friends, who wouldn't honor this, is a complete tool.

Exactly.

Truly in my opinion,

The player did not play and you should be able to replace him with another player that has not played yet. Inactive means he does not play this week.

If anyone thinks that the team should be stuck with an inactive player then so be it, but that is not how I would want to win if I played against that team. To me that is unfair.

Secondly Fantasy football is not life....and we all do this for fun/entertainment etc. Nobody should be expected to be plugged into a computer at all hours to keep dibs on the players....that is ridiculous.

This is a friendly league we are looking at and among friends. I will be leaving it to the 2 teams in question and if they are both in agreement, then I will allow it. I would also remember the team that allows it as admirable, and more about gamesmanship than a few bucks. Next year there will be a rule adapting the "inactive" issue.

Thanks

Thank God I am not in your league. This is sad on so many levels. You are the commissioner, and thus, you are the person that is supposed to make the ruling on this situation! So, because you are weak and don't want to hurt the lazy owner's "feelings" by telling him that he should take some time and actually manage his roster, you instead put the onus on the other owner. Wow, he can't win either way can he.....he says no dice to the switch and you and the other girlymen will cry that he isn't being a "sportsman" about it or he lets the switch happen and he possibly loses the matchup. How incredibly gay is your league? Are there group hugs each Saturday or possibly shopping trips together? What about switching this around and having the attitude that it isn't very "sportsman-like" for the lazy owner to be asking for special considerations due to his laziness? Wow, I would love to try this at work, "Hey boss, I missed the most critical deadline of the year for our business because, you know, I have a life and I can't be expected to keep tabs on more than one thing at a time. Hey, while we're talking, can we talk about me getting a raise?"

After reading your decision and reading replies from people who "have a life outside of FF," you ladies make me want to puke. WTF is so hard about scanning NFL.com to see who the inactives are? Effening lazy! A lot of you would be laughed out of my league....and I am not the commissioner nor am I the biggest "hard-ass" either. If you are playing this week it is more than likely for the league title, so with the league title up for grabs, why wouldn't owners take the time to review all of their players?? Is it really that hard to do? Is it really? Really?

I've won three league titles since my league formed in 1996. I am so happy that no one in my league has been so careless and lazy as to have had this situation happen in one of my Super Bowl games. If one of the guys in my league had pulled this same stunt, I would have chewed the commissioner out if he had placed this at my feet as to what the ruling should be. Join me and some of the other owners here, grow a pair.

Thank God I am not in your league. This is sad on so many levels. You are the commissioner, and thus, you are the person that is supposed to make the ruling on this situation! So, because you are weak and don't want to hurt the lazy owner's "feelings" by telling him that he should take some time and actually manage his roster, you instead put the onus on the other owner. Wow, he can't win either way can he.....he says no dice to the switch and you and the other girlymen will cry that he isn't being a "sportsman" about it or he lets the switch happen and he possibly loses the matchup. How incredibly gay is your league? Are there group hugs each Saturday or possibly shopping trips together? What about switching this around and having the attitude that it isn't very "sportsman-like" for the lazy owner to be asking for special considerations due to his laziness? Wow, I would love to try this at work, "Hey boss, I missed the most critical deadline of the year for our business because, you know, I have a life and I can't be expected to keep tabs on more than one thing at a time. Hey, while we're talking, can we talk about me getting a raise?"

After reading your decision and reading replies from people who "have a life outside of FF," you ladies make me want to puke. WTF is so hard about scanning NFL.com to see who the inactives are? Effening lazy! A lot of you would be laughed out of my league....and I am not the commissioner nor am I the biggest "hard-ass" either. If you are playing this week it is more than likely for the league title, so with the league title up for grabs, why wouldn't owners take the time to review all of their players?? Is it really that hard to do? Is it really? Really?

I've won three league titles since my league formed in 1996. I am so happy that no one in my league has been so careless and lazy as to have had this situation happen in one of my Super Bowl games. If one of the guys in my league had pulled this same stunt, I would have chewed the commissioner out if he had placed this at my feet as to what the ruling should be. Join me and some of the other owners here, grow a pair.

Are you the biggest dooshbag? I sure hope so.

If I were the other ower I would man up and let him put the other guy in. Anyone who wouldn't is who needs to grow a pair.

I'm really not trying to back the OP up, because if the rules say you can't swap an inactive player out, then you can't. I don't see why it's so hard for some of you to understand the difference between a player getting benched or hurt during a game rather than inactive. Inactive means he is inelligable to play. He might as well not even be on the team or in the NFL. He's a complete non-factor and there's no chance he will score a single point. So why should the player be locked down where he can't be subbed for someone who's team hasn't kicked off yet just because the team he's on, who he's not even on the active roster for, kicked off? The only reason I can think is because the rules say so. That's a good enough reason for the OP's post, but I wish most leagues would change this rule. In your "example" the players were given an opportunity to score points. They started the game and were eligable to play, and did play. Even if they didn't play, they could at any time during the game if the coach chose to allow it.

I looks like you don't understand the meaning of setting your lineup by game time. It looks like we have found us a "Millenial".

If I were the other ower I would man up and let him put the other guy in. Anyone who wouldn't is who needs to grow a pair.

I completely disagree with you here. If the guy had dropped me (as his opponent) a note in advance of the game that Jackson might not play, then I would have let him swap in whoever he said he wanted at that time. After the fact is a joke.

If the shoe were on the other foot (I had an issue with MSW being a last minute scratch this season), I would NEVER ask someone for special dispensation. There is ample opportunity to know that a player is not playing and there are tons of methods to make a switch in advance so that there is no question as to intent.

I looks like you don't understand the meaning of setting your lineup by game time. It looks like we have found us a "Millenial".

Not that it matters, but I fall a about 5 years before the "Millennials". I admitted in my post that this guy's rules are set so that if an inactive player's team kicks off, you can't remove him from your starting lineup. I think it would have been too late Sunday or Monday to make a change unless both opponents agreed to it and it didn't effect the money of anyone else in the league. My point is that this is a stupid rule and for reasons I can't understand is the standard across most leagues. I see no reason, other than "that's the rule" why you shouldn't be able to replace an inactive player with someone that active that hasn't kicked off yet. Why don't you try offering a substantive response to my post?

I completely disagree with you here. If the guy had dropped me (as his opponent) a note in advance of the game that Jackson might not play, then I would have let him swap in whoever he said he wanted at that time. After the fact is a joke.

If the shoe were on the other foot (I had an issue with MSW being a last minute scratch this season), I would NEVER ask someone for special dispensation. There is ample opportunity to know that a player is not playing and there are tons of methods to make a switch in advance so that there is no question as to intent.

Exactly. Like I said before, I got burned by Jackson here, but I ate it. Still won the championship, but it was touch and go. No owner in their right mind would ask for this, and no commisioner in their right mind would consider granting it.

And I'm in a 10+ year league with a bunch of friends I've known forever. And it has no bearing whatsoever on the rules of the league. Your guy is locked once the game starts. Any mistakes are on you. Hell, we've had guys forget to switch out players on a bye, and they were SOL.

Not that it matters, but I fall a about 5 years before the "Millennials". I admitted in my post that this guy's rules are set so that if an inactive player's team kicks off, you can't remove him from your starting lineup. I think it would have been too late Sunday or Monday to make a change unless both opponents agreed to it and it didn't effect the money of anyone else in the league. My point is that this is a stupid rule and for reasons I can't understand is the standard across most leagues. I see no reason, other than "that's the rule" why you shouldn't be able to replace an inactive player with someone that active that hasn't kicked off yet. Why don't you try offering a substantive response to my post?

In most leagues, you CAN do this. You just have to do it BEFORE your player's team starts their game (or 5 minutes before that). You need to have a timeframe on it to prevent gray areas.

I guess I'd rather win outright than on a technicality or an oversight, but that's me. :doublethumbsup:

My only issue would be if it were obvious who he would put in next, and that he didn't have the benefit of seeing how other potential replacements were faring. This is one of the many reasons league rules shouldn't allow it, as it opens a whole can of worms, but if I were the other owner I wouldn't have a big problem with it.

I wouldn't ask for special consideration either, but that's on that guy.

No, I am not a dooshbag. I am someone who expects people to put as much effort into their jobs, families, and hobbies as I do. Not one owner in my league would allow this switch to happen. So, I guess we should change our league name to the "Dooshbag League." Regardless of what other people's opinions are, I will never change mine on this subject. When you signed up to play fantasy football with your friends, you gave a promise to be as competitive and competent as possible. Not checking your roster is far from being competitive or competent.....it's lazy and half-azzed. One question Parrot, the other owner didn't show you any respect in checking his line-up, why would I be a dooshbag for not letting him make the switch? Why am I the bad guy? Should the people that used Colts players be allowed to switch them out????? That would be really nice of you, wouldn't it?

Parrot -- You are probably a really great person to be friends with. I am sure that many people cherish their relationship with you and look up to you. I think that's great. And I am being sincere.

Parrot -- You are probably a really great person to be friends with. I am sure that many people cherish their relationship with you and look up to you. I think that's great. And I am being sincere.

:doublethumbsup:

You don't know parrot very well, do you?

No, I am not a dooshbag. I am someone who expects people to put as much effort into their jobs, families, and hobbies as I do. Not one owner in my league would allow this switch to happen. So, I guess we should change our league name to the "Dooshbag League." Regardless of what other people's opinions are, I will never change mine on this subject. When you signed up to play fantasy football with your friends, you gave a promise to be as competitive and competent as possible. Not checking your roster is far from being competitive or competent.....it's lazy and half-azzed. One question Parrot, the other owner didn't show you any respect in checking his line-up, why would I be a dooshbag for not letting him make the switch? Why am I the bad guy? Should the people that used Colts players be allowed to switch them out????? That would be really nice of you, wouldn't it?

My bad on that post, you just seemed like Fantasy Football toughguy there. Apologies.

I guess I'd rather win outright than on a technicality or an oversight, but that's me. :doublethumbsup:

My only issue would be if it were obvious who he would put in next, and that he didn't have the benefit of seeing how other potential replacements were faring. This is one of the many reasons league rules shouldn't allow it, as it opens a whole can of worms, but if I were the other owner I wouldn't have a big problem with it.

I wouldn't ask for special consideration either, but that's on that guy.

They have "No Hassle" leagues that have this sort of thing covered. Just pick your team, don't bother managing it.

I want to win based on me submitting a better team that week than he did. If he can't manage his team, then I am not going to manage it for him.

I think that leagues that keep things easy and clearly defined are much better to be in. You can't get mad at the other owners and you can't get upset at the Commish. If you start opening these sort of things to interpretation, then decisions have to be made and that makes things less fun IMO.

In most leagues, you CAN do this. You just have to do it BEFORE your player's team starts their game (or 5 minutes before that). You need to have a timeframe on it to prevent gray areas.

Agreed. I'm not saying that the person in the OP should have been allowed to make the change by the commish. He knew the rules and had time to make a change. I faced this situation in my league (sadly in the 3rd place game) and was able to plug in Felix Jones instead of SJax about 15 mins before the 4 PM kickoffs. What I don't understand is why most leagues lock an inactive player after his team kicks off. He's inactive, not taking part in the game, and has no opportunity to score. A different situation from someone who is active and then gets injured, benched, or whatever else would cause him to suck that week. Is there any benefit to having the rules set up to force players to check for 4PM inactives and make the change before then or email the commish each week with each scenario you want for your questionable players before games start?

My bad on that post, you just seemed like Fantasy Football toughguy there. Apologies.

Apologies accepted and appreciated. :doublethumbsup:

I come from a big family that is ultra-competitive and also play in a 12 team ultra-competitive league. Our league is tough but fair. My viewpoint has always been one of play your hardest to win, but play within the rules.

As you can see, I don't post much, so I am not one to beat my chest and bring a lot of attention to myself. I just couldn't let this topic go by without my input. Thanks again for being civil and kind.

You need a new hobby, this one is too tough for you.

I amazes me how many posters think that rules don't matter.

Tough sh!t!

Quit coddling these fu<ktards is my answer. Only in America do we reward the lazy and penalize the hard workers. Only in America do people who cause millions of dollars worth of damages and thousands of jobs receive million dollar buy outs. Only in America can you suck at your job and be rewarded. You stupid ass democrats kill me!

If you can't take responsibility for your own actions, whether for fun or in real life, you suck! And you shouldn't be granted a God damn thing!

Survival of the fittest! Assmunchers! :doublethumbsup:

George Bush got into Yale with a C average. He got into Harvard Law with an even worse GPA. He got out of a war he believed in because of strings pulled by his rich connected daddy. He ran several of his rich, connected daddy's companies into the ground with his incompetence. He was a rabid coke addict and raging alcoholic.

He sucked at all of his studies and all of his jobs and he was rewarded. He never had to take any responsibility for his actions.

GWB born into bad circumstances -- with his lack of intelligence, addictive behavior, and complete lack of focus or direction -- would have been a crack addict. Born into normal circumstances, he could very well have been a competent used car salesman or garbageman.....

He is the person you are describing in your rant. There are millions of them out.

We call them "Republicans"!

[back to our discussion!]

Setting/switching line-ups before players' games start is not a "technicality", it's a core component of fair, equitable and competitive play in fantasy football. Anything allowing an "Oops, I meant to do this...no really, please hewp me," after the game has started alters it in a way that makes it meaningless and nothing I'd ever want to be involved in.

If you're going to be out-of-pocket and *would* have kept track of a player's status and send a note beforehand re: their status and a switch you would have made were you able to, then that's fair play. Otherwise, go start a soccer fantasy league, I'm sure this crap flies there. Just don't forget to hang up your Beckham fathead on your wall.

Agreed. I'm not saying that the person in the OP should have been allowed to make the change by the commish. He knew the rules and had time to make a change. I faced this situation in my league (sadly in the 3rd place game) and was able to plug in Felix Jones instead of SJax about 15 mins before the 4 PM kickoffs. What I don't understand is why most leagues lock an inactive player after his team kicks off. He's inactive, not taking part in the game, and has no opportunity to score. A different situation from someone who is active and then gets injured, benched, or whatever else would cause him to suck that week. Is there any benefit to having the rules set up to force players to check for 4PM inactives and make the change before then or email the commish each week with each scenario you want for your questionable players before games start?

It adds another layer of complexity to the situation. It is easier to keep the rule as is than it is to expect all of the sites to allow this sort of thing that is based in pure laziness.

You are a fool! The guy who blew setting his starting lineup needs to grow a pair and take his mistake like a man. What kind of a whining wimp asks for special privileges. I would not invite this guy back next year.

It adds another layer of complexity to the situation. It is easier to keep the rule as is than it is to expect all of the sites to allow this sort of thing that is based in pure laziness.

Fair enough. I'm not sure that extra level of complexity really adds additional value to FF except for burning the lazys, but it's the standard rule *shrug*.

I hate to be so crass, but the game of fantasy football is kind of like a microcosm of the game of LIFE.

You don't turn in your term papaer on time because you forgot - you get an F or an incomplete. You don't file your insurance claim withing the time-frame dictated by the policy, your the company (generally) doesn't have to pay your claim. You don't file your tax return on time (yes, you can get an extension if you request one in writing before the April 15th deadline) you subject your self to penalty and interest.

You don't change out your line-up on time, you get a big fat zero. I don't buy the fact that he was inactive as any excuse at all. You are saying that if he did not play the game, whether or not he suited up and sat on the bench makes any difference?

Some people never really learn the concept of RULES AND CONSEQUENCES, or think it doesn't apply to them. And generally those are the ones who teach their children by their example that deadlines can be gotten around somehow, and people should 'go easy' on them when they fock up.

Yes fantasy football is just a game, but games have rules. And rules have consequences. FOR A REASON!.

You are a fool! The guy who blew setting his starting lineup needs to grow a pair and take his mistake like a man. What kind of a whining wimp asks for special privileges. I would not invite this guy back next year.

Yeah, I probably am a fool, but that's how I would approach it. I'm just not much of a hard-ass about stuff like this. Particularly in a friendly league.

And I wouldn't let what the other guy should or shouldn't have done dictate to me how I should react. It's kind of like finding a wallet full of money. Yeah the person it belongs to should have been more careful and not lost their wallet, that doesn't make it okay for me to keep their money.

Yeah, I probably am a fool, but that's how I would approach it. I'm just not much of a hard-ass about stuff like this. Particularly in a friendly league.

And I wouldn't let what the other guy should or shouldn't have done dictate to me how I should react. It's kind of like finding a wallet full of money. Yeah the person it belongs to should have been more careful and not lost their wallet, that doesn't make it okay for me to keep their money.

You don't get the concept of rules and consequences do you?

You don't get the concept of rules and consequences do you?

Yeah, I get them just fine thanks. :mad:

I hate to be so crass, but the game of fantasy football is kind of like a microcosm of the game of LIFE.

You don't turn in your term papaer on time because you forgot - you get an F or an incomplete. You don't file your insurance claim withing the time-frame dictated by the policy, your the company (generally) doesn't have to pay your claim. You don't file your tax return on time (yes, you can get an extension if you request one in writing before the April 15th deadline) you subject your self to penalty and interest.

You don't change out your line-up on time, you get a big fat zero. I don't buy the fact that he was inactive as any excuse at all. You are saying that if he did not play the game, whether or not he suited up and sat on the bench makes any difference?

Some people never really learn the concept of RULES AND CONSEQUENCES, or think it doesn't apply to them. And generally those are the ones who teach their children by their example that deadlines can be gotten around somehow, and people should 'go easy' on them when they fock up.

Yes fantasy football is just a game, but games have rules. And rules have consequences. FOR A REASON!.

Your obviously living a different life then I am because rules are flexible all over the place. First rule is, don't get caught and you didn't break a rule, but beyond that... Don't turn in a paper on time, if you have a good relationship with your professor and have a good history you'll probably get the opportunity to get something other than an F. That penalty and interest on your tax return can be reduced and dealt with with the right lawyers. Rules are not just rules. We can each think they should or shouldn't be. That's fine, we have our own opinions. That's also why we have commissioners in our league to make a final ruling. If they were all set in complete 100% stone, we wouldn't need them. Just get the site to properly apply the rules and that's it. Yes, rules have consequences, but those consequences can be reduced or eliminated depending on circumstance. We should learn from those circumstances in an effort to improve our rules for the future.

Totally agree. If it was a couple minutes in and he wanted to swap for a player that hadn't played I'd have no issues with it. By the same token, if I called my commish a couple minutes into a game and asked for the same, I'd expect him to do it. If it was several hours after, or switching for another player currently playing I'd be against it. Other than that, no harm no foul.

Some of you guys take this WAY too seriously. Money or not, when all is said and done... this is about having fun with your friends.

Not in any league I've ever heard of or ran.

If you start allowing players added to rosters "a couple of minutes into a game" you're asking for a lot of trouble IMO.

If it's about having fun with your friends, then it isn't that big of a deal, take the loss and move on to next week (or season).

Once a game kicks, if you had an inactive player or a "questionable" one who didn't play that's not my fault.

George Bush got into Yale with a C average. He got into Harvard Law with an even worse GPA. He got out of a war he believed in because of strings pulled by his rich connected daddy. He ran several of his rich, connected daddy's companies into the ground with his incompetence. He was a rabid coke addict and raging alcoholic.

He sucked at all of his studies and all of his jobs and he was rewarded. He never had to take any responsibility for his actions.

GWB born into bad circumstances -- with his lack of intelligence, addictive behavior, and complete lack of focus or direction -- would have been a crack addict. Born into normal circumstances, he could very well have been a competent used car salesman or garbageman.....

He is the person you are describing in your rant. There are millions of them out.

We call them "Republicans"!

[back to our discussion!]

Maybe democrat wasn't the right word.... How about bleeding heart, liberals then? That seems to suit the issue better!

Your obviously living a different life then I am because rules are flexible all over the place. First rule is, don't get caught and you didn't break a rule, but beyond that... Don't turn in a paper on time, if you have a good relationship with your professor and have a good history you'll probably get the opportunity to get something other than an F. That penalty and interest on your tax return can be reduced and dealt with with the right lawyers. Rules are not just rules. We can each think they should or shouldn't be. That's fine, we have our own opinions. That's also why we have commissioners in our league to make a final ruling. If they were all set in complete 100% stone, we wouldn't need them. Just get the site to properly apply the rules and that's it. Yes, rules have consequences, but those consequences can be reduced or eliminated depending on circumstance. We should learn from those circumstances in an effort to improve our rules for the future.

Perhaps he should have said that people might want to take responsibility for their actions rather than trying to weasel out of things. Does that fit better? :nono:

Maybe democrat wasn't the right word.... How about bleeding heart, liberals then? That seems to suit the issue better!

I hear ya..... I was just trying to give this thread some steam.... :nono:

GWB is redtodd's favorite politician and I definitely don't want to get on redtood's bad side again!!!

[i hope he doesn't see my last post]

I really did not think that this would become such a debate...

I am not surprised by the hard ass comments of some as that is typical. I am surprised by some that actually look at the situation and considered all the different factors.

First, there is not stated rule about this, it has never been addressed. There is nothing about an inactive player being switched out. Truly this is where there is a grey area.

The other thing is that no matter how much you want to look at the rules and that they are what they are.....there will always be decisions that a commish has to make, that is why there is a commish.

The debate of someone prioritizing their lives and fantasy football over everything else is disturbing. This is a recreational hobby and it is about fun.

Sounds to me like a bunch of you knuckleheads would get all intense and call traveling and charging if we played a friendly game of 1 on 1 basketball. WHO DOES THAT? Di** Heads.

Here is another, if you played me Monopoly and I did not collect 200 for passing go on my last roll, would you get all bent and start screaming at me if I asked to collect it because I had a phone call during my last turn.

Truly I think that in this situation if someone had a player that was realeased on sunday morning, you could switch them out later, so why not an inactive player. The point is that they did not play the game. The whole basis of fantasy football is to score points from players that play the game that week.