Sign in to follow this  
BirdBradyBobbyOrr

Where I was right or wrong?

I was correct about Rodgers/Favre situation and still say the Packers are idiots for drafting Arron Rodgers instead of building around Brett Favre. Anyone who wants to blame yesterday on Favre is crazy. The blame goes to the Vikings O Line who was getting him killed and of course to Adrian Peterson for his fumbles.

Rodgers. He's better than I thought but that doesn't mean the Packers made the right move. However taken out of the context of the Brett Favre situation Rodgers is an excellent QB. His biggest problem is he holds onto the ball too long. That catches up to QB's quickly and is a killer for teams. Bledsoe was infamous for it.

Manning, throws the most insane passes from insane angles. As he has gotten older he has manifested this ability to throw from his toes (as an announcer mentioned yesterday) and he's just gotten more deadly accurate. It would be more impressive to watch if the Colts didn't get every call in every game. It's amazing to me how much they get favored. But ultimately this season has shown me a lot from Peyton. He's made no name WR's great, just like us Pats fans always give Brady credit for so I gotta give him credit for it. When you take Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon and make them that good. WOW!

Brees. Two words. Real deal. Three words. Only getting better. Four words. Refused to give up. The most impressive game of his career!

Sanchez. I was wrong. He does have IT. His skill set is lower than other 1st rd QB's but his heart is huge. He's a player I want to hate but ultimately I gotta respect how he played his rookie year. Like his Coach.

TOM BRADY - This was the worst season of is career. I don't care what the stats say. Held onto the ball too long. Got tunnel vision with Welker and Moss. Never looked towards his options. Went deep too much. Got worse in 2nd halfs and 4th Qtrs. Refused to run with the ball. Didn't adjust properly at the line of scrimmage often running plays right into the teeth of opposing defenses. He'll be back.

Colts vs Saints - I can not root for the Colts because of week 14 and giving up on the undefeated season. Can't wait for the Colts to lose and the Saints to win.

You are way off on a few points...

RIGHT NOW - Rodgers is the better QB than Favre. Even if you argue Rodgers isn't QUITE as good yet, he's what, 26? Rodgers is the Franchise QB for the next 10 years, where Favre was winding down his old self. Maybe the Packers didn't HANDLE the situation perfectly, but they definitely made the correct personnel move.

I agree Brees is the real deal...but saying this is the best game he's ever played is a bit ludicrous. If you watched the progression of the game, his throws in the 2nd half/4th quarter were pretty terrible. Low, high, ducks...a few could have been picked. He did have 3 TD's, but one came on a 5 yarder that went for 50 YAC. Not taking that away from Brees, but I just don't think he played GREAT, let alone the best game of his career.

And what calls are you referring to in the Colts game?

Most impressive game of Brees' career? Wasn't the most impressive game of his last 10 days.

Also, you're patently incorrect on the Green Bay situation. Rodgers is Favre's equal today, and has 10 more years to play. Exactly the right move by Green Bay. Did you pay any attention to the O-line troubles the Pack had the last two years? You blame Favre's O-line for his troubles yesterday. He'd have gotten killed behind what BG has put on the field for most of the last two seasons.

And along those lines, you can't possibly be so myopic as to excuse Favre from blame. Yes, Petersoin's fumbles were insane. Of course, he also scored three times and gained 120+ at a 5ypc clip. The O-line had trouble protecting the QB against the Saints blitz packages. But the final pass...and just because it's only one play doesn't make it less significant... was a colossal mistake, and the thing you're taught not to do the first day of high school scrimmages. You bring in a veteran leader so he maintains his composure and avoids drive & game killing plays. He did neither.

As for Sanchez, still WAY too early to tell. They got on a great roll, and he played fairly well. But you can't consistently win in the NFL relying on 2 bombs per game as your 'passing attack'.

The Packers made a mistake in the Rodgers/Favre situation :unsure: SAY WHAT :rolleyes:

Rodgers is the better QB right now and his best years are ahead of him. If Favre was still in Green Bay they would be years behind as a team. Waiting each year for his return or retirement. Favre still is a good QB but he still thinks he has a cannon and he does not. That throw last night he could have made maybe 5 years ago but he did not have the arm strength to get it to the WR.

I was correct about Rodgers/Favre situation and still say the Packers are idiots for drafting Arron Rodgers instead of building around Brett Favre. Anyone who wants to blame yesterday on Favre is crazy. The blame goes to the Vikings O Line who was getting him killed and of course to Adrian Peterson for his fumbles.

Rodgers. He's better than I thought but that doesn't mean the Packers made the right move. However taken out of the context of the Brett Favre situation Rodgers is an excellent QB. His biggest problem is he holds onto the ball too long. That catches up to QB's quickly and is a killer for teams. Bledsoe was infamous for it.

How were you correct on the Rodgers/Favre situation?

Let's break it down this way:

Rodgers - You're dead wrong. He won't ever get Farve's career #'s, but he is already the better QB for this juncture of his career. I've said Rodgers is special, I'm sticking to it. If the situation is reversed, and Rodgers was QB'ing the Vikes yesterday, I'm not so sure he doesn't win that game. Favre's career may be > Rodgers career, but right now, Rodgers > Favre, even with less team around him.

Brees - You're half wrong. Again, I've said he's special and that he was just behind Manning/Brady in the QB's I'd most like to have on my team discussion. Contrary to what Buckner says, I didn't think that was even that great a game for Brees. He had 3 TD's, two on nice throws, one on a hell of a play from Reggie Bush. But his yardage on the day was pretty ordinary by his #'s and he didn't consistently drive his team up the field. Were it not for the crazy # of turnovers the Vikes gave up, we'd be talking about how Brees laid an egg. But his drive in OT was clutch (again though, helped by a bit kickoff return from Pierre Thomas). He really only had to go about 40 yrds on the drive that counted.

Manning. He's the best in history, period. But you're wrong about Collie and Garcon. Garcon is big...he's like Anquan Boldin kind of physical. Collie might as well have stick-um on his hands.

Sanches - He's a gamer. His skills will develop over time, but he made some great throws yesterday. He may never be a stat monger like other players, but he seems like a winner.

and finally,

Brady - you're dead wrong. Stats don't lie. His year of 3 years ago was a statistical anomaly. His career #'s are actually nearly perfect in alignment with what he did this year, in fact he threw for more than his career yrds this year. He won't win another title until he gets a run game, and until his defense carries him some. He's a great QB, and as clutch as they come, but he's not capable of dominating a game the way Manning is. Teams have adjusted to the Pats style of play, and Moss has returned to his punk ways of taking plays off. Julian Adelman (sic) is not Wes Welker and next year looks even worse for Tom Terrific and Belicheat.

And on the decision to go with Rodgers being bad...

If they stuck with Favre...Rodgers may likely not be here anymore...and, likely they don't have Clay Matthews either as they used the 3rd rounder from the Jets in the trade up to get him.

I gotta keep this quick.. I'm in the middle of a web conference....

Brees didn't fold under the pressure against one of the most decorated and celebrated QB's of all time. He stayed strong in the pocket and never gave up. With all that surrounded this game and the quality of the opponent I'd say it was Brees greatest win.

Tell me what game in his career was bigger? Exactly.

I've said it before I'll say it again. Green Bay wasted the last 5 years trying to prepare for Favre's departure instead of embracing what they had. They would have won games if they built around him instead of drafting for the future. Look what Favre did with that stud offense in Minnesota. Is Rodgers better now? It's certainly debatable and but many would say absolutely not. Many many people, not just me. Green Bay wasted the last 5 years and they still aren't really that close to a Super Bowl.

Sanchez he's a gamer. I don't know that he's a winner. Time will tell.

JG 2007 wasn't his best season. 04 and 05 were his best seasons. Statistics do lie and since I've watched ever single play that Tom Brady has made in his NFL career which is a hell of a lot more then the 12 plays a week you see on ESPN you might want to pay attention. Sorry to be a smart ass but I mean it. Yes defenses have caught up to the Pats offense and yes the talent level other than Welker/Moss is VERY low at RB, TE and WR. Yes we need a lot of help across the board. But to say he can't dominate games is crazy. He was dominating games in 2004 and 2005. Did Adrian Peterson dominate yesterday? 3 TDs 122 yards? NO because he made mistakes. Mistake free football at QB was Brady in 2001 - 2007. Dominant mistake free football. This year he made a boat load of mistakes and the terrible team around him and terrible coaching by Belichick doesn't excuse his play this year. If you watched every play every game you would know that. There isn't one person in my family, not one of my 3 siblings, not one of my buddies who I watch the games with, not one person in my fantasy leaque or in my office who thinks Brady had a year that "was in line" with his career. 2001 was "in line" with his career. This year was garbage.

He'll win a few more before it's all said and done because the Pats are financially in great position for the future and he's the best QB of the modern era. They'll build around Brady. Not the other way around.

Manning. Brady is hte best ever. Manning is awesome though.

Manning. Brady is hte best ever. Manning is awesome though.

Manning is one win away from his 2nd SB, he's the leagues only 4 time MVP and his career #'s dwarf what Tom has done. Brady has 3 SB wins on the strength of a killer defense, and cheating. I like Tom, and have tons of respect for him. But, in all honesty, if I was a GM, and had to win for one season, and could choose from any QB I wanted. I take Manning first, 100 out of 100 times, and don't think twice. If Manning isn't available, then I have to debate Brady vs Brees. I've given Brady lots of credit for what he's accomplished in his career, most times I list Manning and him as 1a/1b. But if Manning wins two weeks ago, it's decided...Manning is 1, and everybody else is fighting for 2nd in my book. If Brees wins, his accomplishment there might be worth as much to me as what Brady did 3 times, mostly because of the spectre of the Pats cheating ways...

I gotta keep this quick.. I'm in the middle of a web conference....

Brees didn't fold under the pressure against one of the most decorated and celebrated QB's of all time. He stayed strong in the pocket and never gave up. With all that surrounded this game and the quality of the opponent I'd say it was Brees greatest win.

Tell me what game in his career was bigger? Exactly.

Sure it was the biggest game of his career. Duh. But it was far from the "most impressive game of his career". Not even close.

I've said it before I'll say it again. Green Bay wasted the last 5 years trying to prepare for Favre's departure instead of embracing what they had. They would have won games if they built around him instead of drafting for the future. Look what Favre did with that stud offense in Minnesota. Is Rodgers better now? It's certainly debatable and but many would say absolutely not. Many many people, not just me. Green Bay wasted the last 5 years and they still aren't really that close to a Super Bowl.

Two years ago he had Green Bay in the same spot he had Minny yesterday, so I don't see how you can fault the way they built the team when he was still there. How close to a Super Bowl would they be if their QB were to retire next week?

The Packers made a mistake in the Rodgers/Favre situation :) SAY WHAT :thumbsup:

Rodgers is the better QB right now and his best years are ahead of him. If Favre was still in Green Bay they would be years behind as a team. Waiting each year for his return or retirement. Favre still is a good QB but he still thinks he has a cannon and he does not. That throw last night he could have made maybe 5 years ago but he did not have the arm strength to get it to the WR.

DUDE I hate to argue with a local but you are WICKED RETARDED!

Rodgers is not the better QB right now. Favre had more TD's and a higher QB rating and took his team farther and beat Rodgers HEAD 2 HEAD TWICE! I mean seriously.

Who cares if they had to wait each year for his retirement? Why does that matter? You play until the end with a Hall of Fame local super hero at QB and you keep building around him. Why couldn't they draft a rookie and start him like Flacco, Sanchez, or Matt Ryan? Why couldn't they sign a FA the year Favre retired, like Drew Brees in New Orleans? Their are other ways to go about filling Favre's spot than drafting Arron Rodgers to sit on the bench instead of drafting a stud to play on the Packers alongside Favre. They had enough talent and they had the QB already. Green Bay hasn't won a thing. But both the Jets and Vikings who had Favre played yesterday.

It was one throw bro. Adrian Peterson lost that game. Favre was trying to make a play because they were out of the kickers FG range. That's an impossible throw for anyone. Arm strength? Have you ###### watched him toss the ball to Harvin this year? Arm strength? It was the 4th QTR after taking a beating all game and on the run across his body across the field. Nobody makes that throw. It was a mental error not physical. He should have run the ball.

Terrible call on that PI also.

Wasted the last 5 years? They lost in overtime to the Super Bowl Champs in the NFC Championship Game.... they got closer than even your Patriots did (who lost in regulation)...

If this is indeed the case that these years are wasted without a super bowl victory then -- according to BBBO -- the Patriots have wasted the last 7 years of Brady's life. :)

And Brady and the Pats are old -- they can't even look to the future...

At least the Packers and Rodgers are young :angry:

Nothing at all points to Favre having a better chance ever to win a Super Bowl then he did with the Packers (against the Eagles AND the Giants) and with the Vikings (against NO)....

All of those teams were talented enough to win the Super Bowl

All of those games ended the exact same way.

Rodgers is just in his second season.... let's give him a chance to fock up some Super Bowl runs, before we throw the book at him. :thumbsup:

i dont care what you say, the Packers made the right call in the Favre/Rodgers situation.

it doesn't matter what Favre does from here on out. In Rodgers, the Pack have the position taken care of for the next 10 years. You don't rebuild around a 38, 39, 40 year old. Even if he plays until he is 42 and experiences success in Minny (with a better supporting cast), Rodgers has already proven to be a good QB in his own right and youth wins out here.

You also have to consider the manner in which it all happened. Favre retired and you can't blame GB for moving on with what they had.

Rodgers is not the better QB right now. Favre had more TD's and a higher QB rating and took his team farther and beat Rodgers HEAD 2 HEAD TWICE! I mean seriously.

Rodgers had more total TDS, more yards playing with a far worse offensive line and a worse defensive.

Head to head? 53 guys beat another 53 guys? That's what your falling back on now :thumbsup:

Rodgers had just stellar games in both the Vikes game..... he's not the one to blame.... Check the defense.

Favre = 40 (and done)

Rodgers = 26 (and just starting)

stop the madness

Who cares if they had to wait each year for his retirement? Why does that matter? You play until the end with a Hall of Fame local super hero at QB and you keep building around him. Why couldn't they draft a rookie and start him like Flacco, Sanchez, or Matt Ryan? Why couldn't they sign a FA the year Favre retired, like Drew Brees in New Orleans? Their are other ways to go about filling Favre's spot than drafting Arron Rodgers to sit on the bench instead of drafting a stud to play on the Packers alongside Favre. They had enough talent and they had the QB already. Green Bay hasn't won a thing. But both the Jets and Vikings who had Favre played yesterday.

It was one throw bro. Adrian Peterson lost that game. Favre was trying to make a play because they were out of the kickers FG range. That's an impossible throw for anyone. Arm strength? Have you ###### watched him toss the ball to Harvin this year? Arm strength? It was the 4th QTR after taking a beating all game and on the run across his body across the field. Nobody makes that throw. It was a mental error not physical. He should have run the ball.

Well Adrian Peterson's fumbles are a problem, and did stall one drive, but the Vikings did not lose ANY of Petersons fumbles yesterday. I don't think you can say he lost the game for them. He did have 120 yards and 3 TD's. Brett Favre, while playing well at times, turned the ball over 3 TIMES. Both interceptions were pretty bad. The fumble was a bad exchange between he and Peterson, so I'm not sure who to fault there. The Vikings lost the game because of turnovers and special teams, and of the 5 turnovers, Brett Favre was responsible for 2 or 3 of them.

Yes Brett Favre had a tremendous season, but he also played on a team with 4 or 5 other offensive pro bowlers. The guy was protected this season about as good as he's ever been. If Aaron Rodgers got that kind of protection, his numbers may have dwarfed Favre. On a playoff caliber but less talented Jets team last year, Favre threw 22 interceptions last season and had a QB rating of 81. His resurgence this year has to be somewhat attributed to the talent around him and overall weaker schedule. He was still great, but to say he is better than Rodgers because of this seasons numbers, isn't a fair comparison at all.

And I'm not going to get in to the Manning vs Brady discussion with a ridiculous Pats homer. If you can't see why Peyton Manning is and has been a superior QB to Tom Brady, well then you need to take the homer glasses off. I'd bet even most Patriots fans would agree with that statement.

Rodgers had more total TDS, more yards playing with a far worse offensive line and a worse defensive.

Head to head? 53 guys beat another 53 guys? That's what your falling back on now :thumbsup:

Rodgers had just stellar games in both the Vikes game..... he's not the one to blame.... Check the defense.

Favre = 40 (and done)

Rodgers = 26 (and just starting)

stop the madness

How the hell was the Packers defense worse than the Vikings? They gave up less yards, points and caused more turnovers.

Both put up pretty stats but it looks like they suffer similar afflictions............ Favre throws picks to lose games and Rodgers takes sacks. :)

Thats because we know now that Favre was not going to retire until after the 2007 season.

When Rodgers was drafted...that was not known.

And I think it showed they did not waste those 5 years given how well Rodgers played.

Actually its pretty obvious you are the one not right in the head.

First off...Brady is not the best ever. Sorry. He just is not.

You realize that Favre and Rodgers played for 2 different teams right/

Favre had more passing TDs...Rodgers had more total TDs. The rating was not all that far off...both had the same low number of INTs.

Rodgers led the Packer offense to more points than any Packer team led by Favre...any.

Who cares that they had to wait every year? You try running an NFL franchise never knowing who your B will be.

And no, you don't build around a 35+ year old QB who continually talks about retirement.

You are right...an impossible throw for anyone...which is why even he admits it was a terrible throw at a terrible time.

Just admit he was a big part of that loss. Its easy to do.

Yes...it was a terrible PI call...but it was 1st down.

As a pre-Favre Packer fan, I have to admit Rodgers far exceeded my expectations. I do miss all the Favre enthusiasm though. Rodgers is a little too "tightly wound". I'm still not convinced we have the right coach and GM in place to deliver a SB. While Thompson and Favre both shoulder blame in the off season mess that went down a couple years ago, I'll always view Favre as more of Packer than Thompson.

There are people who STILL think TT made the wrong decision? Really? Wow! :thumbsup:

I stopped reading here because this statement shows you are clueless.

Why would any team build around a QB that has been talking about retiring for the last 3 years. You would make a great GM. :overhead:

I stopped reading here because this statement shows you are clueless.

Why would any team build around a QB that has been talking about retiring for the last 3 years. You would make a great GM. :overhead:

Even better...some seem to think that the Packers should not have drafted any QBs after Favre retired.

So I guess the Cards should just assume that Kurt will come back and not worry about having anything behind Leinart this year.