Sign in to follow this  
tikigods

Final Four

Friggin Butler is going to knock off Michigan State. :rolleyes:

Not a done deal, up 3 with 1:17 to go. Great game tho. :wub:

Not a done deal, up 3 with 1:17 to go. Great game tho. :rolleyes:

wow...this game has been great.

Friggin Butler is going to knock off Michigan State. :rolleyes:

Michigan St beating Butler would have been an upset. Butler was favored.

Michigan St was fortunate to make it this far (no Kansas/Ohio St/Georgetown). Hard to beat good teams when you can't get offensive rebounds or protect the ball (or shoot free throws).

GO DUKE!!!!

It's weird. We're talking Duke. Regular season and ACC tourney winner. #1 seed. And they seem to be, I dunno, flying under the radar a bit. :rolleyes:

It's weird. We're talking Duke. Regular season and ACC tourney winner. #1 seed. And they seem to be, I dunno, flying under the radar a bit. :wub:

Couple factors come in to play:

1) Lot of Duke haters out there. Guys like Tarheelpoosay who no longer posts here. Those people will never acknowledge Duke having a championship caliber team.

2) Duke has underachieved the last 5-7 years. In reality, their teams weren't that good but because it was Duke they were always considered better than they really were. But because they were perceived as having underachieved many people didn't think they were that good again this year despite their play/record.

The difference between the last number of years and this year is that they are much better defensively and have depth in the front court. They haven't had depth in the front court in almost a decade so whenever they had foul trouble or played against a more physical team they lost. But this year they can win grind them out games and deal with front court foul issues. They're a much better rounded team.

Playing well so far tonight. Keep it up boys!!!!

:rolleyes:

DUKEEEEEE!!!!!!!

So, should I just wait until Duke wins the championship? :thumbsup:

hat sent

Sparties injuries caught up, Allen non existent , and obviously no Lucas. Then getting into foul trouble. Have to hand it to Butler they out hustled them and limited the Spartans on the offensive boards.

Sparties injuries caught up, Allen non existent , and obviously no Lucas. Then getting into foul trouble. Have to hand it to Butler they out hustled them and limited the Spartans on the offensive boards.

Not a big fan of Michigan State after they knocked out UCONN last year. Nice to see a mid major get into the finals.

GO DUKE!!!!

I agree for 2 reasons

1.I like seeing white boys on the court who can play the game

2.If they win I pocket $230

Let's go Butler! Kick some Dukey!

:doh:

not happening!

DUKE....

Snider. :doh:

I'm not sure Matt Howard could tie his shoes without committing a foul.

He was conf player of the year in 08/09? I find that remarkable. He is not good. :doh:

D.U.K.E.

:headbanger: :lol: :headbanger:

Great game. I had no skin in it, but I think the better team won, congrats Duke. :doh:

One question about the ads. Why in the world were they playing the Lowe's commercial with the girl that wants to paint her room purple? Who were they targeting there? Why the fock did they decide to spend the money to play that ad during the NCAA final? These things perplex me.

General Thoughts.

- I flipping loved it that a mid-major found its way to the title game, and played well enough to have damb near won

- I loved the style of play Butler implemented, it was exciting.

- I thought it was an unusually well officiated game; the parity towards Duke was much less evident than in any other game I have watched with them

- Butler is going to be NAZ-TEE next year...... :o