Sign in to follow this  
Ravens 03

Something to think about before using a copier

The worst part, Sharp and all the other copier companies sell the software (add-on) to delete the stored documents for about $500.

Well, it costs them about $3 to do it. All it is, is a software change that allows the user to government wipe the drive. That's it, about 30 lines of code. -- for $500 - these companies allow your data to be stolen and then blame you for it.

typical.

I love shows like this. They give me ideas on how to be a criminal.

What are you going to steal? Softballs? :music_guitarred:

The worst part, Sharp and all the other copier companies sell the software (add-on) to delete the stored documents for about $500.

Well, it costs them about $3 to do it. All it is, is a software change that allows the user to government wipe the drive. That's it, about 30 lines of code. -- for $500 - these companies allow your data to be stolen and then blame you for it.

typical.

I'm no computer geek but that was my first thought. Why can't they just have simple button that lets you format the hard drive. Why is it $500?

i wonder how many pictures of peoples asses they found

About 5 years ago, a coworker came into the office on Saturday to do some work. While he was killing time, he decided to peruse something similar to Penthouse Forums. You know the type of story..I was doing laundry when in walked a midget and her mom. 100% graphic. Well, for some reason, he must have really liked this story because he printed it off...got sidetracked...then forgot about it and left it sitting on the printer. Our AA found it Monday morning. Buh bye.

wow, great story, who knew?

thanks!