Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Osama accepts McChrystal resignation

killing bin Laden would have zero affect on the war against terrorists.

Wait. As usual, you're just playing point/counterpoint, right? You're not actually dumb enough to believe that, right? Right? "Zero effect"? God, tell me you're smarter than this.

You obviously don't understand the structure of the military. If a private questioned or ran his mouth about an officer, he would be court martialed. End of discussion. Generals have no public opinion. The President is Commander in Chief. I have zero sympathy for McChrystal.

I spent one enlistment in the Marine Corps. For the past 5 years I have worked for a company that deals with military and government agencies, both foreign and domestic. I have been in and out of Afghanistan for the last year. I am currently sitting in Kandahar. I deal with soldiers on a daily basis, from the Private to the Colonel. I think I have an idea of what I'm talking about.

This isn't the military from the 1940's. I called out a Lieutenant for being a dumbass while I was in the Marines as a Lance Corporal. I was brought before the Captain and given extra duty for 6 months and since I got in trouble my promotion to Corporal took longer than it should have. Court Martial was not even brought up, it was straight to NJP and I didn't even lose rank. Reason being, the Captain who decided my fate knew I was right...the Lieutenant was a dumbass.

Now obviously the Obama/McChyrstal situation is on a whole different level. At the same time, it doesn't seem as if McChrystal ever specifically called out Obama to the reporter. So to me, no issue. It's all third party gossip.

Half of being in the military is bitching about those in charge of you. Do you think E-9's with 20 years of service don't complain about a 22 yr. old clueless Lt. giving them orders? It happens, from the bottom all the way up, on a daily basis.

This isn't the military from the 1940's. I called out a Lieutenant for being a dumbass while I was in the Marines as a Lance Corporal. I was brought before the Captain and given extra duty for 6 months and since I got in trouble my promotion to Corporal took longer than it should have. Court Martial was not even brought up, it was straight to NJP and I didn't even lose rank. Reason being, the Captain who decided my fate knew I was right...the Lieutenant was a dumbass.

...and you think this is ok? Kids telling off teachers, people refusing to listen to police officers, privates calling out lieutenants?

:doh:

...and you think this is ok? Kids telling off teachers, people refusing to listen to police officers, privates calling out lieutenants?

:doh:

It depends how you look at it. My situation...I was a punk 19 yr old kid.

My point was that it's normal to bitch about things, especially in the military. It's ok to have an opinion and share that opinion with those you are close to or those in your inner circle.

It wouldn't be strange to you if McChrystal thought all these things about the administration but never mentioned them to anyone because he has blind allegiance to the office of President? To me, that's a robot...that's not somebody I want in charge of cleaning the shitters in Afghanistan let alone leading a counterinsurgency. It is completely natural for people to question authority, especially in a scenario as important as war. As far as we know, the General was never disrespectful, disobedient, or critical in public.

I see a problem with his aides, not with him.

It depends how you look at it. My situation...I was a punk 19 yr old kid.

My point was that it's normal to bitch about things, especially in the military. It's ok to have an opinion and share that opinion with those you are close to or those in your inner circle.

It wouldn't be strange to you if McChrystal thought all these things about the administration but never mentioned them to anyone because he has blind allegiance to the office of President? To me, that's a robot...that's not somebody I want in charge of cleaning the shitters in Afghanistan let alone leading a counterinsurgency. It is completely natural for people to question authority, especially in a scenario as important as war. As far as we know, the General was never disrespectful, disobedient, or critical in public.

I see a problem with his aides, not with him.

You need to remember, McChrystal was offered and accepted this job. The only idiot in this situation is him. If he didn't like the President's mannerisms in a meeting, or whatever his reasons for throwing him under the bus, he should have resigned. After his resignation, it wouldn't be a big deal. Instead, this guy took and oath and broke it. All politics aside, there is no one who can justify what McChrystal did.

I'm not sure about you, but I was taught to know my role and shut my mouth when dealing with people in authority over me. One of the biggest, fundamental problems with this country is the lack of respect. Fvcking liberals and their "challenge authority" simply does not work.

s

You need to remember, McChrystal was offered and accepted this job. The only idiot in this situation is him. If he didn't like the President's mannerisms in a meeting, or whatever his reasons for throwing him under the bus, he should have resigned. After his resignation, it wouldn't be a big deal. Instead, this guy took and oath and broke it. All politics aside, there is no one who can justify what McChrystal did.

I'm not sure about you, but I was taught to know my role and shut my mouth when dealing with people in authority over me. One of the biggest, fundamental problems with this country is the lack of respect. Fvcking liberals and their "challenge authority" simply does not work.

Throwing him under the bus? Again...am I mistaken in saying that he didn't say anything negative to the reporter from Rolling Stoner about the President?

As far as knowing my role and shutting my mouth with people in positions of authority...if it's in the workplace...then no, not so much. If something needs to be questioned, then I will question it. When I have been the boss, I encourage people to do the same with me. I am more concerned with doing things right than I am with stroking my ego. Now there is a way to do that respectfully, obviously.

What I am failing to realize is, what exactly was it that McChrystal did wrong? Do you think he is the first General to ever speak with his aides and criticize a President?

My guess would be it has happened with every General in every war since this country was born. To think not is just naive.

McChrystal was just unlucky enough to have aides that couldn't keep their mouth shut.

Wait. As usual, you're just playing point/counterpoint, right? You're not actually dumb enough to believe that, right? Right? "Zero effect"? God, tell me you're smarter than this.

On the day to day operations of Al Queda it would have little to no effect. It would have a little Rah-Rah affect here, but if you think Osama's death will affect how Al Queda operates you are really as dumb as you seem on a daily basis here.

Now, you said killing Osama would be like killing Hitler but you have not elaborated. Please tell us how they would be the same, Lumpy.

Now, you said killing Osama would be like killing Hitler but you have not elaborated. Please tell us how they would be the same, Lumpy.

Bump :dunno:

s

Throwing him under the bus? Again...am I mistaken in saying that he didn't say anything negative to the reporter from Rolling Stoner about the President?

As far as knowing my role and shutting my mouth with people in positions of authority...if it's in the workplace...then no, not so much. If something needs to be questioned, then I will question it. When I have been the boss, I encourage people to do the same with me. I am more concerned with doing things right than I am with stroking my ego. Now there is a way to do that respectfully, obviously.

What I am failing to realize is, what exactly was it that McChrystal did wrong? Do you think he is the first General to ever speak with his aides and criticize a President?

My guess would be it has happened with every General in every war since this country was born. To think not is just naive.

McChrystal was just unlucky enough to have aides that couldn't keep their mouth shut.

Thinking and insubordination are two different things. McChrystal may have thought Osama was an idiot, like most of us, but to do it publicly is simply not ok. No matter how hard you try to justify it, you're just dead wrong.

Thinking and insubordination are two different things. McChrystal may have thought Osama was an idiot, like most of us, but to do it publicly is simply not ok. No matter how hard you try to justify it, you're just dead wrong.

I guess your views of speaking publicly differ from mine then. If there were direct quotes from McChrystal about Obama... then yes, that would be public. But from my understanding, and I haven't read the article, that's not what happened.

I guess your views of speaking publicly differ from mine then. If there were direct quotes from McChrystal about Obama... then yes, that would be public. But from my understanding, and I haven't read the article, that's not what happened.

I heard it was a mix of hearsay and direct quotes when McChrystal was in Paris. One thing we both can agree on, it's probably not the smartest thing to speak openly in front of a reporter.

I heard it was a mix of hearsay and direct quotes when McChrystal was in Paris. One thing we both can agree on, it's probably not the smartest thing to speak openly in front of a reporter.

Ha, well ya...I'll agree with that

Ha, well ya...I'll agree with that

it got him out of that mess didn't it?

the troops over there should be lining up for reporters to say how much the admin suxors

bring the troops home!

Micheal Savage has an interesting take on this. Check it out, from his website.

MCCHRYSTALNACHT: CONDUCT

UNBECOMING … OF A PRESIDENT

OBAMA, ALONG WITH SYCOPHANTS IN BOTH THE DEMOCRATIC AND REPUBLICAN PARTIES, HAVE CONDUCTED A MCCHRYSTALNACHT, A PUBLIC CHARACTER ASSASINATION OF GENERAL STANLEY MCCHRYSTAL. IN TERMS OF OBAMA’S ROLE IN THIS CIVILIAN COUP, IT CONSTITUTES CONDUCT UNBECOMING OF A PRESIDENT. NOW, CONDUCT UNBECOMING AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN IS AN OFFENSE OUTLINED BY ARTICLE 133 OF THE UNITED STATES UNIFORM CODE OF MILITARY JUSTICE. ARTICLE 133 STATES THAT THE KIND OF BEHAVIOR DEFINED AS “UNBECOMING” IS “ACTION OR BEHAVIOR IN AN OFFICIAL CAPACITY WHICH, IN DISHONORING OR DISGRACING THE PERSON AS AN OFFICER, SERIOUSLY COMPROMISES THE OFFICER’S CHARACTER AS A GENTLEMAN.” ARTICLE 133 THEN LISTS THE ATTRIBUTES WHICH CONSTITUTE “CONDUCT UNBECOMING. THEY ARE “… ACTS OF DISHONESTY, UNFAIR DEALING, INDECENCY, INDECORUM, LAWLESSNESS, INJUSTICE, OR CRUELTY.” ANYONE FOUND GUILTY OF THESE ACTS OR OMISSIONS ARE SUBJECT TO COURT MARTIAL DEFINED IN THE PUNITIVE CODE. NOW, THERE ARE SOME OF YOU WHO MIGHT SAY THAT OBAMA ISN’T IN THE MILITARY, AND SO SHOULDN’T BE SUBJECT TO THESE RULES. BUT YOU WOULD BE WRONG. THE ENTIRE LEFT-WING MEDIA HAS BEEN GLOATING OVER THE FACT THAT OBAMA IS THE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES EVER SINCE HE CALLED MCCHRYSTAL BACK TO WASHINGTON. SO HE’S NOT ONLY IN THE MILITARY, HE’S THE HEAD OF THE MILITARY AND THEREFORE SUBJECT TO ITS LAWS. REMEMBER, CONDUCT UNBECOMING AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN IS DEFINED BY:

1. ACTS OF DISHONESTY – OBAMA HAS BEEN DISHONEST ABOUT WHY HE GOT RID OF MCCHRYSTAL. IT’S CLEAR THAT THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MCCHRYSTAL BEING INSUBORDINATE AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH OBAMA BEING INTIMIDATED.

2. UNFAIR DEALING – OBAMA DEALT WITH MCCHRYSTAL UNFAIRLY. HE HAD DECIDED HE WAS GOING TO FIRE MCCHRYSTAL EVEN BEFORE HE GAVE MCCHRYSTAL AN OPPORTUNITY TO DEFEND HIMSELF. ACCORDING TO NEWS REPORTS, MCCHRYSTAL OFFERED HIS RESIGNATION AT THE BEGINNING OF THEIR MEETING AT THE WHITE HOUSE. OBAMA IMMEDIATELY ACCEPTED. HE DIDN’T BOTHER TO ASK FOR AN EXPLANATION. THAT’S THE DEFINITION OF “UNFAIR DEALING.”

3. INDECENCY – OBAMA HAS HAD THE INDECENCY TO SHACKLE OUR TROOPS WITH RULES OF ENGAGEMENT THAT WILL PREVENT THEM FROM EVER WINNING IN AFGHANISTAN.

4. INDECORUM – OBAMA’S INDECOROUS AND IMPERIOUS REMOVAL OF MCCHRYSTAL EMARASSES AND UNDERMINES THE COMMAND STRUCTURE OF THE MILITARY.

5. LAWLESSNESS – OBAMA HAS DISPLAYED HIS LAWLESSNESS ON HEALTHCARE, ON THE BAILOUTS, AND IN NUMEROUS OTHER AREAS. BUT HIS VIOLATIONS OF THE MILITARY COMMAND STRUCTURE AND HIS EXTRA-LEGAL CONDUCT IN DICTATING OVER THE MILITARY ARE PERHAPS THE MOST DANGEROUS LAWLESSNESS OF ALL.

6. INJUSTICE – OBAMA’S REFUSAL TO EVEN GIVE MCCHRYSTAL A FAIR HEARING IS THE HEIGHT OF INJUSTICE

7. CRUELTY – OBAMA HAS CRUELLY LEFT OUR ARMY IN AFGHANISTAN WITHOUT A REAL COMMANDER WHO HAS REAL COMBAT EXPERIENCE.

ON EVERY COUNT, HE DEMONSTRATES CONDUCT UNBECOMING OF A PRESIDENT.

NOW, REMEMBER, OBAMA ISN’T THE ONLY ONE COMPLICIT IN THIS MCCHRYSTALNACHT. ALL THE TRAITORS IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY THAT I’VE TOLD YOU ABOUT FOR YEARS WERE IN ON THIS, TOO. SENATOR LINDSEY GRAHAM DEFENDED OBAMA’S DECISION AND SAID THAT AS MEMBERS OF THE MILITARY, WE HAVE TO KEEP OUR OPINIONS TO OURSELVES. AND WHY DID HE SAY WE? AND WHY DID LINDSEY GRAHAM SAY WE? BECAUSE AS A RESERVIST IN THE MILITARY, LINDSEY GRAHAM SERVES AS A LAWYER TELLING TROOPS GOING OVERSEAS HOW THEY HAVE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO FIRE BACK IF THEY’RE ATTACKED FROM A MOSQUE. AND THEN THERE’S JOHN MCSHAME. JOHN MCSHAME WHO LIVES UP TO HIS NAME. JOHN MCSHAME SHAMED HIMSELF AGAIN BY APPLAUDING OBAMA’S DECISION LIKE THE WEAK OLD MAN THAT HE IS. AND THEN THERE WAS DEFENSE SECRETARY ROBERT GATES, A REPUBLICAN, WHO ALSO SUPPORTED OBAMA’S DECISION. REMEMBER, THIS IS THE MAN WHO WHEN ASKED IF THE FT. HOOD MASSACRE CONDUCTED BY THE MUSLIM MAJOR HASSAN WAS AN ACT OF TERROR SAID, “I’M NOT EVEN GOING TO GO THERE.” IT JUST GOES TO SHOW YOU THAT THIS ISN’T SO MUCH THE NIGHT OF THE LONG KNIVES AS IT IS THE NIGHT OF THE SMALL KNAVES.

AND WHAT ABOUT THE DESK GENERALS AND DESK ADMIRALS LIKE MIKE MULLEN? MULLEN CAME OUT TODAY AND SAID THAT HE COULDN’T EXCUSE MCCHRYSTAL’S LACK OF JUDGEMENT. MULLEN IS A DESK ADMIRAL. AS FAR AS I CAN DISCOVER, HE’S NEVER BEEN IN COMBAT. HE ATTENDED HARVARD BUSINESS SCHOOL. HIS FATHER WAS A HOLLYWOOD PRESS AGENT AND HIS MOTHER WAS AN ASSISTANT TO JIMMY DURANTE. WHEN WE’RE TRUSTING OUR TOP LEVEL MILITARY DECISIONS TO DESK GENERALS LIKE PETRAEUS AND DESK ADMIRALS LIKE MULLEN, WE KNOW WE’RE REALLY IN TROUBLE.

AND LET’S NOT FORGET THE ROLE OF THE MEDIA IN ALL THIS. YOU HEARD THE WAY ANDY MITCHELL AND SOFTBALL AND WOLFIE BLITZER TREATED MCCHRYSTAL, STICKING IN THEIR KNIVES AS THE GENERAL FELL. THEY INSTINCTIVELY FEAR THE MILITARY. BECAUSE OF THEIR YEARS SMOKING BONGS AT ANTI-WAR PROTESTS IN COLLEGE, THE IMAGE THEY HAVE OF ANY REAL MILITARY MAN IS OF GENERAL PINOCHET DISAPPEARING PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. THE SAME THING IS TRUE OF THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION. THE BONG-SMOKERS IN THE MEDIA AND THE BONG-SMOKERS IN THE WHITE HOUSE ARE DEEPLY UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THE MILITARY BECAUSE DEEP DOWN, THEY KNOW THAT THEY, THE BONG-SMOKERS, ARE GUILTY OF SEDITION.

MCCHRYSTALNACHT HAS LEFT OUR TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN WITHOUT A REAL LEADER. AND THIS COMBINED WITH THE FACT THAT THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT PREVENT OUR MILITARY FROM KILLING THE ENEMY IS A RECIPE FOR DISASTER. THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT USED TO BE, “DON’T FIRE UNTIL YOU SEE THE WHITES OF THEIR EYES.” BUT UNDER CLINTON, AND GIVEN THE RECENT NEWS ABOUT AL GORE, IT SEEMS AS IF THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT HAVE BECOME, “DON’T FIRE UNTIL YOU SEE THE WHITES OF THEIR THIGHS.”

:o

Final June tally: 60 troop deaths in afghanistan. the bloodiest month yet. More than twice the worst month under Bush.

Hell, it's more than each of the first 3 entire years under Bush.

Osama has bungled this war. Time to bring the troops home.

by the way, why isn't the media lining up to take photos of flag draped caskets?