Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Osama accepts McChrystal resignation

He wants to set it up so when Obama loses Afghanistan he can put the blame on Petraeus...

No, it will be Bush's fault cuz he put Petraeus in charge of Iraq before Obama put him in charge of Afghanistan.

So the reporter got a bunch of career military officers drunk? Did he hold a gun to their heads? Spike their ginger ale? Exactly how did this go down?

I don't recall ever saying that. Why are you making stuff up? The reports coming in are this reporter got most of the juicy quotes during trip to the bar in Paris where the "un-named aides" were intoxicated.

Who ever said anything about that made it right or people had guns to their heads? It doesn't exuse anything but it does shed some light on what went down. :unsure:

The aides are idiots. McCrystal made a huge mistake. AND, this reporter who is digging for dirt to bring down a war veteran who's put his life on the line for you and I is a schmuck reporter looking for juicy quotes from aides and not the hourses mouth to sell magazines. All can be correct.

This isn't a western where one person wears a black hat and the other a white hat.

you've actually been reading what I post. :cheers:

You might wanna check in with TikiGods. He thinks all of this is a good thing. He called me a dumbass for agreeing with both you and mungwater. :dunno:

Also all so hilarious that he puts in charge Petraeus who's surge in Iraq he, Biden and co. lambasted, called failure and everything under the sun.

All of a sudden apparently Petraeus is the right guy to lead the surge in Afghanistan.

Kinda hard to fathom how all of a sudden Petraeus is the right guy.

All that matters is the right guy is running the show. It should have been Petraeus from the beginning. Obama was the dumbass for keeping McChrystal in there in the first place.

All that matters is the right guy is running the show. It should have been Petraeus from the beginning. Obama was the dumbass for keeping McChrystal in there in the first place.

keeping? this was his guy

I think that was Tiki's attempt to make all this Bush's fault.

You should keep quiet, troop hater. Do I need to remind the board about your comments about the NH National Guard? Know your role and shut your fvcking face. :cheers:

keeping? this was his guy

putting, my bad. This was the same guy who wrote up the silver star report on Pat Tillman and left out that it was friendly fire.

Why isn't anybody asking if maybe....McChrystal has a good point? What if this administration really doesn't have a clue? That's far more concerning than some drunk aides at a bar.

Why isn't anybody asking if maybe....McChrystal has a good point? What if this administration really doesn't have a clue? That's far more concerning than some drunk aides at a bar.

Do you think that a General, who broke one of the most solemn oaths in the military, is a guy who has any credibility? We already know that this Administration is way over it's head.

Why isn't anybody asking if maybe....McChrystal has a good point? What if this administration really doesn't have a clue?

We went to Iraq to find weapons of mass destruction....we failed.

We went to Afghanistan to find and kill Osama Bin Laden....we failed.

Does anyone need to hear from McChrystal that this, or the previous, administration are clueless regarding these wars???

We went to Iraq to find weapons of mass destruction....we failed.

We went to Afghanistan to find and kill Osama Bin Laden....we failed.

Does anyone need to hear from McChrystal that this, or the previous, administration are clueless regarding these wars???

Shocking again that any criticism of this administration turns into a bash of the previous one with you.

Oh, and if you think the reason we went into Afghanistan was just about Bin Laden...you are a freaking moron.

Shocking again that any criticism of this administration turns into a bash of the previous one with you.

Oh, and if you think the reason we went into Afghanistan was just about Bin Laden...you are a freaking moron.

It was the main objective and we've failed.

And of course it's not shocking, but are disputing anything about it? :music_guitarred:

So what does McChrystal do now? Seriously...does he stay in the military, but just relieved of that that position? Does he get tossed and a job as a mechanic at "Ed's Auto Shop"?

It was the main objective and we've failed.

And of course it's not shocking, but are disputing anything about it? :music_guitarred:

No, it was not the main objective.

Finding one man was not the main objective at all.

Do you think that a General, who broke one of the most solemn oaths in the military, is a guy who has any credibility? We already know that this Administration is way over it's head.

I haven't read the article, so I don't know if this is true. But if what KSBS24 says, that the General isn't directly quoted at all....then this crap is all so blown out of proportion it's ridiculous.

The guy is not supposed to have an opinion? He's supposed to blindly follow Obama and believe the guy is a military genius simply because he won an election?

To expect this guy to be like Newbie and just believe 100% in everything the president says is a joke. If all he did was talk shit about Obama's administration within his own circle of associates....what's the big deal?

Honestly, if what KSBS24 says is right, I can't see one thing this guy did wrong.

No, it was not the main objective.

Finding one man was not the main objective at all.

Ok. Keep telling yourself that.

I haven't read the article, so I don't know if this is true. But if what KSBS24 says, that the General isn't directly quoted at all....then this crap is all so blown out of proportion it's ridiculous.

The guy is not supposed to have an opinion? He's supposed to blindly follow Obama and believe the guy is a military genius simply because he won an election?

To expect this guy to be like Newbie and just believe 100% in everything the president says is a joke. If all he did was talk shit about Obama's administration within his own circle of associates....what's the big deal?

Honestly, if what KSBS24 says is right, I can't see one thing this guy did wrong.

It was insubordination. Obama leads the military. HE appointed McChrystal. Of course he can have an opinion and if he has concerns, he should have addressed the President with them. And while he may have his own opinion, he may not go out blabbing at a bar that the the man in charge of the country dosn't know what he's doing. His options were to resign, talk to the President, or keep his mouth shut. He chose a fourth option and lost his job. Rightfully so.

Well, yes and no.

As a General and under Military/Civilian law McCrystal should not have said those negative comments about the President even in a private meeting. They have proper channels one must go through to express displeasure. In the article McCrystal did have some "one liners" about some other people in the administration directly but they were people way down on the totem pole. So when it all came out public, Obama really didn't have a choice.

McCrystal made a mistake in 1.) saying those things to his aides and 2.) letting a Rolling Stone journalist that close for so long.

However where you are right is that the actual comments really aren't THAT bad. Some seem to be tounge and cheek. I would like to have seen the actual context the "quotes" were made in. And it seems people and the media don't even realize that all of the quotes that mean anything substantial did not come from McCrystal to the journalist. That doesn't change the endgame but it does change how egregious we should view what he did. What happened is nowhere near as bad as if the General did a interveiw and simply lambasted the President directly. That did not happen. Thats all I was trying to get across

However on this board you are either anti-Obama or an apologist. You can't simply try to peel back the layers of a story and look at it from other angles. You have to pick one side or the other. <_<

Ok. Keep telling yourself that.

I will keep telling myself the truth.

Finding one man would have been a foolish waste of resources, lives, and tax dollars.

Finding one man would have been a foolish waste of resources, lives, and tax dollars.

Yeah, everyone knows that it's useless to cut the head off of any dangerous creature. :rolleyes: Just because it's been a failure doesn't mean that isn't the main objective.

I do have a question. This is totally independent of the McCrystal thing, but I would like to know the anser.

In civilian court "hearsay" is not admissable (most of the time). Lawyers object and judges disallow it all the time. So my question is, in a military court (if someone was being charged for disrepsecting an officer) is "hearsay" allowed as evidence? Seriously, I don't know.

And I'm not trying to get to a point about this McCrystal topic at all. Forget that.

Which would make Saving Private Ryan one of the biggest wastes of time ever.

I don't recall ever saying that. Why are you making stuff up? The reports coming in are this reporter got most of the juicy quotes during trip to the bar in Paris where the "un-named aides" were intoxicated.

Yeah, I don't know where I ever got the idea you said the reporter got the aides drunk, oh wait, yes I do...

This journalist had to get the aides drunk to get the story so he is a dirty focking reporter in my opinon.

The aides are idiots. McCrystal made a huge mistake. AND, this reporter who is digging for dirt to bring down a war veteran who's put his life on the line for you and I is a schmuck reporter looking for juicy quotes from aides and not the hourses mouth to sell magazines. All can be correct.

This isn't a western where one person wears a black hat and the other a white hat.

I don't know at all what you're babbling about here as I didn't say anyone was a good guy or a bad guy. You're the one passing judgments on the writer i.e. "dirty focking reporter" and "digging for dirt to bring down a war veteran" and "schmuck" without really having a clue how things actually went down. I'll say it again, keep flinging sh!t against that wall, maybe something will stick. Probably not, if history is an indicator, but maybe.

I don't know at all what you're babbling about here as I didn't say anyone was a good guy or a bad guy. You're the one passing judgments on the writer i.e. "dirty focking reporter" and "digging for dirt to bring down a war veteran" and "schmuck" without really having a clue how things actually went down. I'll say it again, keep flinging sh!t against that wall, maybe something will stick. Probably not, if history is an indicator, but maybe.

Do you have a point you would like to contribute to the thread?

You seem like a smart enough guy, but I have a question for you. Why don't you ever start any threads? Why do you always scan a 2 page thread, pick out one sentence that has little to do with the general topic, and try to be a smart ass? Seriously? It's easy to never stick your head out, or have a strong opinion on a topic, take a stand, or actually be creative and start a thread. I've never seen you have a varying opinion on a topic other than the status quo.

You're the guy in the pickup basketball game that stands at half court, waits for everybody else to actually play the game, and then when your team gets the rebound run to the basket for an easy layup. We call that cherry picking. That's what you do on this board. You'll go all day without a post and then pop up in a 3 page thread, cherry pick one sentence in a three paragraph post and comment.

Have some balls for once and stick you head out there. We all might actually enjoy your commentary or perspective. :thumbsup:

You seem like a smart enough guy, but I have a question for you. Why don't you ever start any threads? Why do you always scan a 2 page thread, pick out one sentence that has little to do with the general topic, and try to be a smart ass? Seriously? It's easy to never stick your head out, or have a strong opinion on a topic, take a stand, or actually be creative and start a thread. I've never seen you have a varying opinion on a topic other than the status quo.

You're the guy in the pickup basketball game that stands at half court, waits for everybody else to actually play the game, and then when your team gets the rebound run to the basket for an easy layup. We call that cherry picking. That's what you do on this board. You'll go all day without a post and then pop up in a 3 page thread, cherry pick one sentence in a three paragraph post and comment.

Have some balls for once and stick you head out there. We all might actually enjoy your commentary or perspective. :thumbsup:

[gocolts]POW!!![/gocolts]

Yeah, everyone knows that it's useless to cut the head off of any dangerous creature. :rolleyes: Just because it's been a failure doesn't mean that isn't the main objective.

Did I say it was totally useless?

No, but cutting his head off would have not stopped much of anything. There was a big picture, but you don't seem to want to see it.

I think the big picture of dismantling the Taliban and AlQ was the main objective. Now, you can say that is still not totally done and was a failure...fine.

But calling OBL the main objective is incorrect IMO.

Which would make Saving Private Ryan one of the biggest wastes of time ever.

I agree...why sacrifice a great actor like Hanks for Matt freaking Damon? So we can get another Bourne movie?

So let me see if I have this straight; you ask a question, then repost it to complain that you got no answers to it, then when I take the bait and answer, you whine and call it "cherry-picking". That's good stuff right there. :thumbsup:

As far as the rest of your post, be careful, your camel-toe is showing. :wave:

Did I say it was totally useless?

No, but cutting his head off would have not stopped much of anything. There was a big picture, but you don't seem to want to see it.

I think the big picture of dismantling the Taliban and AlQ was the main objective. Now, you can say that is still not totally done and was a failure...fine.

But calling OBL the main objective is incorrect IMO.

This is where Lumpy finally has to admit he doesn't know WTF he is talking about......but it isn't his fault cuz he hasn't watched the news since the Carter administration

This is where Lumpy finally has to admit he doesn't know WTF he is talking about......but it isn't his fault cuz he hasn't watched the news since the Carter administration

X

I ain't admitting sh!t. Because you're both 100% wrong. Not only would killing Bin Laden be the the most effective way of beginning to dismantle the Taliban, but it would also be a HUGE boost to public support of that disaster of a war effort. Hell, a freakin' civilian got fed up with our ineptitude and weaponed-up and went there by himself. They've been there for years and can't even get a look at the dude. The entire war effort is an embarrassment and killing (or capturing) Bin Laden might at least remind the country what the hell we're even doing there and get people behind the effort to finish what we started there.

X

I ain't admitting sh!t. Because you're both 100% wrong. Not only would killing Bin Laden be the the most effective way of beginning to dismantle the Taliban, but it would also be a HUGE boost to public support of that disaster of a war effort. Hell, a freakin' civilian got fed up with our ineptitude and weaponed-up and went there by himself. They've been there for years and can't even get a look at the dude. The entire war effort is an embarrassment and killing (or capturing) Bin Laden might at least remind the country what the hell we're even doing there and get people behind the effort to finish what we started there.

Why do you think killing him would have been the best way to dismantle the TB?

Why do you think killing him would have been the best way to dismantle the TB?

Nevermind. You're right. Killing the number one guy, their undisputed leader, the guy who puts out videos that taunt our country, the guy who is the face that this country has come to know regarding terrorism, would not be beneficial. He's just another terrorist. No big deal. Just like killing Hitler wasn't a big deal in WWII. He was just another dude. Wow. Just wow.

Nevermind. You're right. Killing the number one guy, their undisputed leader, the guy who puts out videos that taunt our country, the guy who is the face that this country has come to know regarding terrorism, would not be beneficial. He's just another terrorist. No big deal. Just like killing Hitler wasn't a big deal in WWII. He was just another dude. Wow. Just wow.

Where did I say it would not be beneficial?

Nice spin.

Exactly...wow, just wow, you think killing one man would be the end all be all and the most effective way.

I disagree. He is one man. Not just another terrorist, but one man and killing the one man would not end AQ or the TB.

No, you are right Lumpy. Killing bin Laden would cause every member of AQ to turn in their arms, join hands with your Messiah, and sing kumfuckingbayah.

You sir, are a grade A fukking moron.

No, you are right Lumpy. Killing bin Laden would cause every member of AQ to turn in their arms, join hands with your Messiah, and sing kumfuckingbayah.

You sir, are a grade A fukking moron.

Well, so far in all the years we've been there, killing all the Taliban nobodies ahs done nothing. Maybe, just MAYBE, killing THEIR LEADER might have an effect.

Idiot

The guy is not supposed to have an opinion? He's supposed to blindly follow Obama...

You obviously don't understand the structure of the military. If a private questioned or ran his mouth about an officer, he would be court martialed. End of discussion. Generals have no public opinion. The President is Commander in Chief. I have zero sympathy for McChrystal.

Well, so far in all the years we've been there, killing all the Taliban nobodies ahs done nothing. Maybe, just MAYBE, killing THEIR LEADER might have an effect.

Idiot

You are the dolt who compared bin Laden to Hitler. I know you havnt watched Amy news for a long time so howsabout I edumacate you on the fact Hitler was almost assassinated several times by his subordinates so they could end the war. I guess you think bin Laden's death would mean the end of the war we are in.

This is just one of the many reasons you are such a joke around here when it comes to any subject more cerebral than your "Who else wants to fukk Elton John" type threads.

I guess you think bin Laden's death would mean the end of the war we are in.

Link to me saying that? It would be a HUGE psychological lift for the guys who have failed at doing so for so many years. It would also be a HUGE moral boost for the citizens back home.

You better stick to "How many balls hit the scoreboard" threads. Bwahahahahaha

Link to me saying that?

You equated killing bin Laden to killing Hitler, Lumpy.

Killing Hitler would have ended the war in Europe, killing bin Laden would have zero affect on the war against terrorists. The fact you think otherwise further exposes your stupidity.