Sign in to follow this  
CornKobb

CJ Spiller

I know the oline stinks, qb stinks, etc. But Spiller is a good stash and wait for weeks 8 and on. About the time most rbs are slowing down due to the riggers of an nfl season Spiller will possibly emerge. You can get him later than a Javid Best or Matthews obviously but Buffalo will likely be 2-6 and ready for a change. Fred Paw Paw Jackson and Marshawn Lynched will either be hurt or take a back seat to the future of Spiller.

I can see Spiller being excellent in a ppr format like Slaton was in 2008 just in time for your late season push. Just thoughts and it may not pan out but remember fred jackson still flurished last yr behind a bad oline in ppr and I cant see why Spiller wouldnt when the reigns are handed over to him later in the year imo.

If you can get 2 or 3 good/serviceable rbs and be patient with Spiller he could be one of the steals of the draft come playoff time.

thoughts.....

I agree. I look at him more from a Dynast perspective, however, I will draft him in both if the price is right.

Prior to the draft, he was hands down considered the top RB in this class. The only reason everyone took Mathews is because he went to a rb needy team. For the long haul, Spiller is the guy I would want on my team. The Bills will certainly be playing from behind and he will see his fair share of receptions. When he catches the ball, all bets are off. CJ is amazing in the open field and has both the long distance speed and the immediate burst needed to blow by linebackers in the flat.

The downside is Lynch may try to play lights out so he can get his trade. The Bills also may try to showcase him a bit to try and raise his value, especially early.

So...... CJ, for the right price, is an excellent "playoff" pick. I like to draft players that may have an impact later in the season with late middle to very late round picks. CJ fits the bill. I have several other players I think could be great come playoff time, but I don't want to derail your thread. Great thread!

Like this post, and you cant ignore Spiller's talent - think about recent Titans offensive stats before Chris Johnson, not really much of a passing game so they can put an extra guy on the line...yeah, yeah - doesnt matter if you have the talent it will show.

Let someone else draft him.

It says he is running with the 1st team......could be a top 20 pick in ppr. just saying I see him getting lots of opportunities with fred grandpa jackson and marshawn thugnation lynch.

who knows???

I think he is a decent low-end RB2 or high-end RB3 in PPR leagues only. Otherwise, let me know when he no longer plays for the Bills. :thumbsup:

It says he is running with the 1st team......could be a top 20 pick in ppr. just saying I see him getting lots of opportunities with fred grandpa jackson and marshawn thugnation lynch.

who knows???

Bills are awful

Put me down as high on Spiller. A better version of Reggie Bush and just a notch below Chris Johnson. Yes, I said it, that Chris Johnson.

Even on the lowly Bills he will be a valuable commodity to own. 1.) Buffalo will be playing from behind a bit which means passes out of the back field which is Spillers specialty. 2.) Bad offenses have lots of 3rd downs which means Spiller will be on the field ALOT. Couple that with his ridiculous speed and RB ability and I'm high on the kid, even in Buffalo.

I think he ends up being a RB2 in PPR. RB3 in non-PPR.

:guzzleskoolaid:

He's got the talent no question. Too bad the rest of the Bills don't. Late in the draft if I am solid at RB I might take a flier on him, but that's in a keeper league. Also CornKobb the word you're looking for is "rigors" - not trying to be a forum jerk or anything, but I was corrected with that very same word a year or so ago and appreciated it.

Fred Jackson was very good last year. I have no idea what to expect from the Bills. I'm just letting someone else take all of these RBs at this point.

The first player that comes to mind when considering a phenom on a bad team is Barry Sanders.

The first player that comes to mind when considering a phenom on a bad team is Barry Sanders.

Barry Sanders' Lions were not nearly as atrocious as the current Buffalo Bills. They had Herman Moore, Johnnie Morton, Scott Mitchell, etc. Hell they even had some decent defensive players like Ryan McNeil & Willie Clay.

Barry Sanders' Lions were not nearly as atrocious as the current Buffalo Bills. They had Herman Moore, Johnnie Morton, Scott Mitchell, etc. Hell they even had some decent defensive players like Ryan McNeil & Willie Clay.

Barry Sanders was there before all of those guys and Scott Mitchell only had one decent year and that was 1995. Barry Sanders was a rookie in '89 and he tore up the league on an atrocious team.

He's got the talent no question. Too bad the rest of the Bills don't. Late in the draft if I am solid at RB I might take a flier on him, but that's in a keeper league. Also CornKobb the word you're looking for is "rigors" - not trying to be a forum jerk or anything, but I was corrected with that very same word a year or so ago and appreciated it.

"rigors" thank you sir............................