Sign in to follow this  
WhiteWonder

Final Thoughts

Team Wonder

Early

Drafting from the 8 hole in this 10 team PPR format, I knew I was going WR-WR to start. I figured there would be plenty of viable RB's later on and figured the teams on either end of me might take a similar approach. Randy Moss is my 2nd ranked WR with this being a contract year. Marshall is simply a favorite of mine. I expect his receptions to go down but his yards and TD's to remain similar if not go up while having a stronger armed QB.

Jamal Charles was the RB i hoped to land in round 3. some are down on him. i think he will be great in PPR. Brady was a luxury pick. I don't often go QB early but there was no RB that stood out to me and i felt i could land a good PPR option on my next go around.

Joseph Addai is a nice, sneaky pick in PPR formats. The 7th overall back last year, i don't expect much of a decline. Vernon Davis was the last of a tier of TE's for me so the pick made itself.

Middle

With my main starters taken care of, the last thing I really needed was a WR3. My hope was Malcom Floyd and after Ray sniped him, I found myself wishing I had selected Nicks over Vernon Davis. Decided to go with T.O. and hope Palmer force feeds him the ball. I seem to be one of the few Harrison believers. I simply think he can play and the line in Cleveland is good. Hardesty has missed a ton of time and will take a while to catch up.

Derrick Mason was the perfect WR4 for me. Should be steady if unspectacular. The Eli Manning pick was my worst of this draft. I should have selected Mike Williams (TB) but hoped he would make it back to me. Oh well, things don't always go according to plan.

And there is my boy! I am well on record saying LT2 will be productive in PPR formats. Sanchez has been checking down to him a ton in the preseason. Behind that offensive line, he should be good for 800 total yards and 8 scores with 30 catches. If Shonn Greene goes down, he becomes a #2 fantasy back.

Might as well stick with the Jets theme and grab the first defense off the board. Will they be the best fantasy defense? Who knows, but their real defense is nasty and i would imagine they finish close to the top.

Late

Besides a kicker, I wanted to add one more WR and a backup TE. Heath Miller should be a solid option behind Vernon and Anthony Gonzalez is a guy I am taking a shot on in most of my leagues. I think he ends up as the main slot guy at worst.

David Buehler seems to be my default kicker in every league as I am usually amongst the last to choose one. He has looked solid so far in preseason and plays in a great offense.

QBs

I probably could have waited on a QB, but I trust Schaub to post solid numbers this year. After the disaster I endured in one of my leagues last year (Carson Palmer/David Garrard), I vowed to take a QB earlier if I wasn't sold on any of the guys later in the draft. Orton....meh. I'd much rather have had Stafford, who I think will improve markedly this year from last. Maybe should have gone with Vince Young? Whatever, if I'm taking a QB by the 5th round, I'm delaying my QB2 selection as long as possible. Granted, the 15th round is too late, but Orton is respectable and is having a strong preseason.

RBs

MJD...solid...though his "injury" is a bit disconcerting. Still, the dude is about as steady as they come. I like DeAngelo this year, and was happy he slid to me in the 3rd. Too much has been made about Stewart's impact on DWill's production....looks at WhiteWonder :P Both are good backs....I just trust Williams more. Ronnie "if he stays healthy" Brown. The name says it all. All accounts have him looking good. He always looks good.....when healthy. In the 8th round though, I think the risk/reward was right for the pick. CJ Spiller....sigh. I really didn't want to take any Bills....and I didn't take any Bills in any of my real drafts this year. But in the 9th round, after most other backs had already been selected.....why not. The dude's got skills, but he just seems like a niche player. Reggie Bush-lite. And Buffalo's offense sucks. Boom bust player....there's no way you can ever count on him to post solid numbers week in, week out. But the potential is there, and in the 9th round I'd rather swing for the fences than play it conservative. Probably should have gone with another RB instead of a 6th WR. I really only trust 2 of my backs.

WRs/TE

I don't mind DeSean Jackson, but I don't like the idea of him as a WR1. Dude can put up points in a hurry though. In retrospect, Jennings was the pick. Nice job NAn! Dwayne Bowe is gonna have a solid year. Taking him at WR19 seems about right....he could finish top 15. Guy gets a ton of targets....that's all you can ask for. Hakeem Nicks is a perfect WR3. He should be safe for 1000 and 5....but could exceed those numbers by quite a bit and approach low end WR2 territory. Pierre Garcon as a WR4 is good value. He plays on a premiere offense and has developed good rapport with Manning. He might be inconsistent throughout the year, and it'll be tough to know when he'll go off as opposed to the 12 other options the Colts have on offense. But he's a good bye week/injury replacement, with the potential to be an every week starter if he improves upon his '09 campaign. Mike Williams...one of the stars of the preseason. Seems like everyone is talking this guy up. We'll see. But the potential is there, and as my WR5, he's more than worth the risk. I targeted and landed this guy in both my drafts this year, so I'm hoping he can back up all the preseason hype with some decent numbers. Jacoby Jones....whiff. The pick should have been Gaffney/Massaquoi/Mike Thomas. Dude has potential, and plays in a very good offense. But as the third receiver on his team, will he get the looks? Chris Cooley....I waited and waited....though not as long as NAn. I had Cooley and Zach Miller targeted. Would have preferred Miller, but I trust Cooley to get his. McNabb loves to check down, and I think he and Cooley will establish solid rapport. Yes, I'm aware of Fred Davis. No, I'm not concerned. There aren't many receiving options in Washington, there should be enough passes to go around....'cause I don't think Washington will be running too much this year.

Mason Crosby....Packers offense....lots of points....lots of PATs though......week 10 bye.

Dallas D/ST.....sacks. I'm not sure how many turnovers they generated in '09, but they're going to pressure the QB. Would have preferred SF defense.

1.01 RB Chris Johnson Ten

Pretty much a given, unless you happen to have strong feelings about Peterson.

2.10 RB Shonn Greene NYJ

Nothing in the WR category was compelling here, I felt as though I could likely secure decent value at the spot later, and I am very high on Greene this year. Picking at the corner, IMHO, really is a position of power. In selecting Greene and having another immediate pick I could leverage a range of value....

3.01 QB Peyton Manning Ind

As previously stated, i was not terribly interested in WR here since I could find nice value with other players, and Manning at 3.01 is pretty darn good value. In taking him, and having Johnson and Green already on the roster, I am looking at the value not only of picks in the first two rounds, I just maxed out round 3 in a big way. I really do love the turn.....

4.10 TE Dallas Clark Ind

I think some were thinking I was going to focus on WR here, and if they took another player in the three picks before me, expecting this cat to fall back to them, they learned an important lesson in FF drafting, you do not let the value slip and hope it comes back.....I could have taken him with pick 5.01, but purposely took him here to accentuate that aspect....

5.01 WR Michael Crabtree SF

This was a tough pick for me, but I needed to get started on the position, he was the highest rated guy on my spreadsheet at WR, and while I am tepid on him due to QB issues and a stout def, I have to admit that he does have talent, and could produce well for me....

6.10 WR Donald Driver GB

Maybe I am locked in on him, but so is Aaron Rodgers and I think its absolutely sick that I had access to this cat at pick 6.10. I notice that every year he tends to be taken lower than his production value, he makes my draft so much strong than it would have been.....

7.01 WR Malcolm Floyd SD

Floyd is getting a ton of love from people with no real NFL production behind him to truly justify that love, its all speculative infatuation. I take him here apprehensively, in the hope that he can step in and establish himself as a #1 WR and click with Rivers without Jackson around to draw the serious attention. This is pure hope and gambling, there is nothing to honestly suggest he can do any of that, other than he just plain looked good last year. So my #3 WR is a gamble....

8.10 WR Robert Meachem NO

Investment pick....plain and simple.....maybe he can rise up to become a favorite out of one of the many targets on the team, likely not.....

9.01 RB Carnell Williams TB

I loaded up on WR in previous rounds, so here I started looking at DEF, backup TE, backup QB, but Williams has been stellar in preseason and just might be the only viable star on that offense, he presence was compelling in so far as value as a #3 this late in the draft....

10.10 QB Ben Roethlisberger Pit

As previously stated, one of my "wants" in this area was QB, and Ben has been one of the best in the last five years, maybe THE best. He falls here due to his suspension. But I have a QB in Manning who is so damb good at what he does, that injury really isn't even on the radar for him....so I can afford to take the risk of having what amounts to only one Qb for the first third of the season. He could return and in a few games be back into beast status, giving me a powerful option at the position, or a powerful trade tool to bolster WR in particular....

11.01 WR Eddie Royal Den

As some of you may recall I nailed Royal's fall in 2009, but I am telling you that I like what I see and hear from the team and the likelihood that he emerges from last year into a more productive place is very good. He will not replicate 2008, yet, but as a #4 WR at pick 11.01, he will outproduce that spot....he has the potential to oust Floyd on my team depth chart.

12.10 RB Thomas Jones KC

Jones is the best back on the Chiefs, is constantly underrated everywhere he goes, and will emerge as the main producer at the RB position for the chiefs unless injured; but, he will also wear down as the season goes beyond game 11 and 12, and ultimately give way to Charles....who is fun to watch, but does not have the capacity to unseat Jones, IMHO FOr me, this guy is mostly trade bait unless he is racking up TD's, but I expect him to be more of a yardage machines that a scorer...if he does not score, I trade him, if he does....I make sure I work him in where I can, or trade him out of my division....

13.01 D/ST San Francisco 49ers

For me, this is the best defense to have in 2010. These guys are strong, plain and simple, and....they get to play the Ram's and Seahawk's twice, plus the Cardinals are not the offensive juggernaut they once were....AND they get to play Kansas City, Oakland, Tampa Bay and Denver!......I think this defense emerges as maybe the best in 2010

14.10 TE Aaron Hernandez NE

Maybe Tom finds him palatable, maybe Tom spends the entire season whining about people touching his foot....who knows....I wanted another TE, and I found this guy interesting.

15.01 K Rob Bironas Ten

What I see from the Titans is a team that can run....run....run.......but is a little out of sorts when it comes to passing, so they likely protect the ball inside the 20 and focus on the run, and to me that indicates opportunity for the kicker to shine.....so i got Bironas

1.07 7 WR Reggie Wayne IND

2.04 14 WR Miles Austin DAL

3.07 27 RB Ryan Grant GB

I was real happy with my start, and glad to land Grant late in the 3rd. I was trying to concentrate on getting my portion of potent offenses, and Indy, GB, and Dallas all qualified. I was happy with the way Grant ran last night, and how good the Packers passing game has looked all preseason. That will aid Grant in another sneaky good season. I wish Sanders wouldn't have stuck him so hard twice last night though!! lol!

4.04 34 QB Tony Romo DAL

5.07 47 TE Jermichael Finley GB

6.04 54 WR Hines Ward PIT

I feel you can step out and grab Qb's a little earlier in these 10 team affairs so I really wanted to land one of the top 6 Qb's. I also liked the Qb/Wr combo of Romo and Austin. Finley gave me a key piece of the Packers electric passing game, and in a TE required draft I felt he was a top 3. Hines was a pick that I gambled on some. I feel he is a top 12-15 Wr and good for 85 to 90 receptions. The gamble was because I really needed another RB at the time. I took a chance that Rb's would fall and that a Wr run was imminent. 10 of the next 12 picks were other then back, so the risk paid off.

7.07 67 RB Justin Forsett SEA

8.04 74 RB Reggie Bush NO

9.07 87 QB Jay Cutler CHI

In retrospect, I wish I would have grabbed Ronnie Brown here instead of Forsett. I thought about it, and made a plan to take he and Ricky Williams back to back. I got cold feet that RW wouldn't make it back to me if I took Brown. Seems thoase two usually fall close together. I changed my plans and set my sights on Reggis around the corner. I was very happy Reggie fell to me and he will likely out produce Justin. I still wish that I would have went Ronnie and Reggie. Cutler was a selection I felt I could make for QB depth because the core of my team was set. He was a clearly head and shoulders, value wise, above the others left on the board at the time. He was my luxary pick. (Eli was considered because he is just solid)

10.04 - TE Zach Miller, OAK

11.07 - WR Jabar Gaffney, DEN

12.04 - RB Willis McGahee, BAL

13.07 - DEF Philadelphia Eagles

14.04 - WR Mohamed Massaquoi, CLE

15.07 - K David Akers, PHI

Zach Miller as my #2 TE is a nice bonus, if anything should happen to Finley. This was another luxary pick because I knew the guys I was going to fill out my roster with would be available when I wanted them. Gaffney and McGahee are staples, late on all of my squads this year. One nice possible scenario is Willis being traded before the season starts and being a bigger player elsewhere's. I have been predicting a big season for Gaffney all preseason, and been a big fan of his, with Orton, since Marshall served his suspension late last season. Massaquoi seemed like a no brainer #5 Wr. One player I was landing ealrier in the preseason, late in the drafts, that is not falling there now is Jacoby Jones. I wasn't able to grab him in this draft but feel he has a great shot at top 12-15 #s in the texans offense across from AJ.

It was a fun draft, and everyone should be pleased with their squads. A 10 team ppr is a pretty easy format to please your needs.

1.09 - Larry Fitzgerald

2.02-Calvin Johnson

Getting a strong start at WR was important to me. They both have questions, but I felt these 2 were the last of the top tier (or 2nd tier if you view Andre in his own tier).

3.09 - Pierre Thomas

4.02 - LeSean McCoy

2 strong PPR RBs. Very happy with this combo

5.09 - Jason Witten

5.03 - Kevin Kolb

2 positions that were going to have any value wiped out before my next pick, whereas I felt RB/WR value was going to be similar when I picked next

7.09 - Jeremy Maclin

Loved getting him as my 3rd WR. If he can stay healthy, I expect big things from him this year.

8.02 - Felix Jones

Another PPR RB. Although he can't stay healthy

9.09 - Devin Hester

Not great for PPR, but is explosive, and Martz's offenses love explosive WRs.

10.02 - Ricky Williams

Will wind up as the starter getting good numbers after Ronnie Brown gets hurt.

11.09 - Owen Daniels

If his knee is as strong as claimed, should be in for big numbers. A great TE2.

12.02 - Donovan McNabb

Excellent value, and gives me a strong QB2 if Kolb craps out.

13.09 - Nate Burleson

A perennial sleeper, like him in PPR, and has a chance to put up nice numbers opposite Calvin.

14.02 - Nate Kaeding

15.09 - Saints D

Just filling in the holes in the lineup. The Saints scored 8 times on defense last year (plus another 1 on special teams), easily number 1 in the league. TDs are the ONLY thing that matter to defenses in this league (well, that and the extremely rare safety).

10.02 - Ricky Williams

Will wind up as the starter getting good numbers after Ronnie Brown gets hurt.

What a steal!!! I agree that he will be the top Fantasy back in Miami. Had I went Brown at 7.07, Ricky would have been gone at 8.04. I think these two are a nice rb combo as #2/#3 backs.

McNabb at 12 was a very good value for a #2 QB.

6.10 WR Donald Driver GB

Maybe I am locked in on him, but so is Aaron Rodgers and I think its absolutely sick that I had access to this cat at pick 6.10. I notice that every year he tends to be taken lower than his production value, he makes my draft so much strong than it would have been.....

[

Under appreciated every year. The 2 year extension he just inked should answer any and all questions about Driver. Watching him last night against the Colts showed me he was still in tip top shape.

I don't mind DeSean Jackson, but I don't like the idea of him as a WR1. Dude can put up points in a hurry though. In retrospect, Jennings was the pick.

Nothing wrong with Jennings at all but DeSean was the pick! You got it right. Dude cannot be covered. You can't double what you can't keep up with or see. He and Kolb are gonna light it up!

Team Wonder

Early

Drafting from the 8 hole in this 10 team PPR format, I knew I was going WR-WR to start. I figured there would be plenty of viable RB's later on and figured the teams on either end of me might take a similar approach. Randy Moss is my 2nd ranked WR with this being a contract year. Marshall is simply a favorite of mine. I expect his receptions to go down but his yards and TD's to remain similar if not go up while having a stronger armed QB.

Jamal Charles was the RB i hoped to land in round 3. some are down on him. i think he will be great in PPR. Brady was a luxury pick. I don't often go QB early but there was no RB that stood out to me and i felt i could land a good PPR option on my next go around.

Joseph Addai is a nice, sneaky pick in PPR formats. The 7th overall back last year, i don't expect much of a decline. Vernon Davis was the last of a tier of TE's for me so the pick made itself.

I liked the Moss and Addai grabs. They both look very solid allowing you the luxary of taking the risks on Charles and Marshall. I hated seeing Addai get his bell rung last night in the Packer game. He has looked real good this preseason!.

Any idea where I can view the results for the No Hassle League from the June Mock Draft I participated in? And, when are the results "posted"??

Thanks to those in the know!!

Any idea where I can view the results for the No Hassle League from the June Mock Draft I participated in? And, when are the results "posted"??

Thanks to those in the know!!

Fumble needs your email so he can send out the weekly results. Send him a message (kkhollis@sbcglobal.net)

Also, June Mock resources