Sign in to follow this  
fugoondo

Reggie Bush

Especially in non-ppr leagues...with limitations on position maximums (4 rbs, etc)

Is Reggie Bush even worth a roster spot. You'd never know what youre gonna get if you start this cat. No I didnt start him...but wondering if he's even worth keeping on the bench when players like Kareem Huggins, Anthony Dixon are available on the free agent list? The upside with them is worth more than keeping a spot starter in reggie bush IMO?

yes

Im thinking no. Especially if he's a bench player...who may never see the field. WHy not drop for a Kareem Huggins?

Lol, You drop him, and next week he will go off for 150 combined yards, and 2 TD's. Reggie is a feast or famine RB each fantasy week.

Lol, You drop him, and next week he will go off for 150 combined yards, and 2 TD's. Reggie is a feast or famine RB each fantasy week.

Exactly...who wants that? : )

I dont think id ever start him...he's my RB4 behind MJD, Addai, and Arian Foster. Ive tried trading him...but nobody wants his scrawny ass either...

I have my finger on the DROP PLAYER button!!! and adding Kareem Huggins

I dont think id ever start him...he's my RB4 behind MJD, Addai, and Arian Foster. Ive tried trading him...but nobody wants his scrawny ass either...

you're right. I'd rather have kareen huggins amassing 12 yards a game. CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

:unsure:

Kareem Huggins has never played in an NFL regular season game. You have no idea what you're getting with him. With Reggie, you know he'll have a good game sometime this year. When he does, package his ass and get something in return.

you're right. I'd rather have kareen huggins amassing 12 yards a game. CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

:unsure:

My point is...Reggie will never see the field as my RB4. So why not pick up an Anthony Dixon or a Kareem Huggins who can become a possible stud if Gore or Caddy goes down. We already know what we're going to get from Bush..and thats a big pile of "who the hell knows" each week. Bush isnt a starter...he has the same value as a Darren Sproles IMO. He's basically a wide reciever in that offense. He's a Sproles type...potential is there for the big play...but if you are relying on Reggie Bush to carry your squad into the playoffs and beyond...youre in trouble.

Bush and Huggins will get the same # of touches. One plays on a much better offense though

My point is...Reggie will never see the field as my RB4. So why not pick up an Anthony Dixon or a Kareem Huggins who can become a possible stud if Gore or Caddy goes down. We already know what we're going to get from Bush..and thats a big pile of "who the hell knows" each week. Bush isnt a starter...he has the same value as a Darren Sproles IMO. He's basically a wide reciever in that offense. He's a Sproles type...potential is there for the big play...but if you are relying on Reggie Bush to carry your squad into the playoffs and beyond...youre in trouble.

But you said yourself you're not relying on Bush...so why the hurry to dump him?

And if Dixon/Huggins are so valuable....only after injury to the starter, you have to compare Bush by the same metric. If Pierre goes down, Bush is easily an every week RB2.....easy.

You have no idea what Dixon/Huggins are capable of. They've never played in a real NFL game. Quit overthinking and overreacting.

if you feel like you must drop Reggie pick up a backup RB on a good rushing offense. If there are some injury concerns for the starter, even better.

Not sure why everyone is in love with huggins. I dont think that offense will be able to score no matter who is running.

If you're intent on dropping Bush for a backup, you might want to invest in Rashad Jennings.....noob.

you're right. If the right scenario plays out, Dixon/Huggins/Fillintheblankbackup will be a stud! THERE IS NO DOUBT!

you're a poster child for an over thinker. THe type of FFer that drafts teh huggins type and smells their own fart thinking they're smarter than others. Reggie will get 8-10 tds and minimum 1000 yards combined. That is flex/starting rb if you run into injuries player, full stop. Huggins might very well get 60 touches this year for 220 yards. Keep chasing that sleeper while dudes that can be plugged into your lineup keep producing. Oh, and lets not talk about if pierre gets hurt and reggie gets 20 touches a game. Keep on keepin on. Anthony dixon will amass 5000 passing yards, 2000 rushing and 1400 receiving, only if gore goes down. And that is likely to happen during warmups of the niners game this sunday...

you're right. If the right scenario plays out, Dixon/Huggins/Fillintheblankbackup will be a stud! THERE IS NO DOUBT!

you're a poster child for an over thinker. THe type of FFer that drafts teh huggins type and smells their own fart thinking they're smarter than others. Reggie will get 8-10 tds and minimum 1000 yards combined. That is flex/starting rb if you run into injuries player, full stop. Huggins might very well get 60 touches this year for 220 yards. Keep chasing that sleeper while dudes that can be plugged into your lineup keep producing. Oh, and lets not talk about if pierre gets hurt and reggie gets 20 touches a game. Keep on keepin on. Anthony dixon will amass 5000 passing yards, 2000 rushing and 1400 receiving, only if gore goes down. And that is likely to happen during warmups of the niners game this sunday...

Thank you!!!!! Best damn response yettttttt

naah bro, you're the best. THe best type of FFer. They type I wish I had 10 of in my leagues. CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

I do need to add I dropped my RB4 Sproles for Jamaal Charles last year before the explosion...so I think thats how my brain is wired now.

Im thinking its a cheap investment...if you have 3 solid starters AHEAD of REggie or a Sproles type, why not take the chance?

i dropped pierre thomas after the 1st half. This far into the season and he was not performing up to par.

Cant compare Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush...no one starts Reggie bush as their RB1 or RB2. You stick by your RB1's and RB2's....Flex starters and bench players are expendable.

i dropped pierre thomas after the 1st half. This far into the season and he was not performing up to par.

did you pick up chinchilla hardesty? It's montario's half brother.8t He plays for the montana grizzlies, but he's likely going to be drafted in the 7th round next year, and will most definitely be backing up one of many starting rbs in the NFL. If said starting rb goes down, and chinchilla gets to be the backup, he could be in line to break the yards from scrimmage record. Get to it brosef...

did you pick up chinchilla hardesty? It's montario's half brother.8t He plays for the montana grizzlies, but he's likely going to be drafted in the 7th round next year, and will most definitely be backing up one of many starting rbs in the NFL. If said starting rb goes down, and chinchilla gets to be the backup, he could be in line to break the yards from scrimmage record. Get to it brosef...

yup, exactly who i picked up

Nope...just Reggie. And still not sure why i picked him. Did anyone draft Sproles in a 12 teamer? Same exact player.

Cant compare Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush...no one starts Reggie bush as their RB1 or RB2. You stick by your RB1's and RB2's....Flex starters and bench players are expendable.

just saying, people overreact to these kind of things all the time. You prob made a mistake in drafting the guy since everyone knows he is a rollercoaster type of player. Go ahead and drop him just never draft him again since he will always be a hit/miss scorer

I do need to add I dropped my RB4 Sproles for Jamaal Charles last year before the explosion...so I think thats how my brain is wired now.

Im thinking its a cheap investment...if you have 3 solid starters AHEAD of REggie or a Sproles type, why not take the chance?

Was this after week 1, or after LJ was on his way out of KC?

Big difference.

naah bro, you're the best. THe best type of FFer. They type I wish I had 10 of in my leagues. CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

The guy takes criticism from you admirably, gives u props for ur response and you CONTINUE to pile on with smarmy comments? Get over urself.

Bush was on the field a lot tonight - moreso, I think, than he usually is. The Saints kept running that fake end-around to Bush and giving it to Thomas up the middle, which was working all night.

My opinion is that he does deserve a roster spot simply because of how often he is on the field. The problem with him is that you don't know when he's going to have that big game and when he's going to only touch the ball 5 times in a game.

But the guys you mentioned are all, at best, handcuffs to another running back; which have absolutely no value unless that guy goes down.

He will be starting for me every week in PPR leagues....:doublethumbsup:

He's leaving my team people.

Now help me decide who to drop him for...

Anthony Dixon or Kareem Huggins>??

I don't understand why you would drop him for those two. Where is the upside? As backups their value is about equal. If PT is injured and Bush is the only guy in that backfield rushing and receiving he would be a top 10 back. I see no situation that would bump Huggins or Dixon into that territory.

Reggie will get 8-10 tds and minimum 1000 yards combined. That is flex/starting rb if you run into injuries player, full stop.

Considering his last two years, 800 yds combined and 6-7 TDs is more realistic.

p00h, on 10 September 2010 - 05:04 AM, said:

fugoondo, on 10 September 2010 - 12:05 AM, said:

Pooh response

The guy takes criticism from you admirably, gives u props for ur response and you CONTINUE to pile on with smarmy comments? Get over urself.

Thanks Tanastic...i was thinking the same thing! :)

I don't understand why you would drop him for those two. Where is the upside? As backups their value is about equal. If PT is injured and Bush is the only guy in that backfield rushing and receiving he would be a top 10 back. I see no situation that would bump Huggins or Dixon into that territory.

If PT gets hurt...i see Bush getting more touches, but wouldnt Chris Ivory slide into the RB slot. It appears to me that Reggie definitely has a defined role in that offense, and im not sure that he would be put into Pierre Thomas' position if he went down. Mike Bell was that guy last year...Chris Ivory this year.

Anthony Dixon's upside is that he becomes "Gore" if Frank G goes down which he has a history of doing. Gore or the starting RB in that offense is WORTH OWNING.

Kareem Huggins...ill admit, i do not know much about. But he must be getting hyped on almost every fantasy site for a reason. Consensus is that if/when Caddy goes down...its Huggins spot and he isnt looking back. Speed back with sick moves on a young team. Ive said it before...i like Dixon over Huggins cause of the offense ran and the team he's on. But have bought into the hype a bit on Huggins...why? Im not sure...but its why we check fantasy forums...to catch news on players we may or may not know about.

Reggie's best days were at USC, and in reality football he's a solid player that gives the defense something to plan and be concerned about. In fantasy (non-ppr for sure)...he's not reliable enough to start each week. BYE week replacement if he's your RB3 I suppose, but as a an RB4...i think if there's potential stars available in free agency, you take that chance.