Sign in to follow this  
bluesrams2

Buy Low/Sell High

I'm considering a trade that was offered to me that is basically Brady for Foster. You hate to give up a guy like Foster but I'm very strong at RB/WR/TE/DEF. If I fill my one weakness (QB), not sure how I could lose. Thank you Arian Foster.

Thats a trade I just made.

I traded Foster and Kolb for Brady.

I play in a crazy league where we play 6 rb/wr.

You can start 4 rb/2 wr and versa.

My first 4 picks were Gore, Mendenhall, Mathews and Foster.

I ended up getting kolb as my QB(wtf was I thinking).

Even if Kolb was healthy, Vick plays too much.

The other team real weak on RB, no brainer for me.

This reminds me of another player who had a hot start in recent years (it might have even been last year), and all his owners came on here with the same mantra, " I'm not selling this guy for anything right now. Not even Brees or AP or AJ or whoever ". It happens every year.

That's your opinion. And it's only week one. Barber, Addai, and Jacobs could all put up big numbers next week and the guy will still have Brees as his QB. And you will either have Kolb or the flavor of the week.

I don't know about this other guy, but you sound pretty desperate. With no solid QB you may be in for a loooooong season.

Vick will be great this week, Kolb will be fine after.

Rodgers owner wants Turner for Rodgers. He had Grant. I probably do it since I'm strong at RB.

'This reminds me of another player who had a hot start in recent years (it might have even been last year), and all his owners came on here with the same mantra, " I'm not selling this guy for anything right now. Not even Brees or AP or AJ or whoever ". It happens every year. '

Who are you talking about?

Vick will be great this week, Kolb will be fine after.

Rodgers owner wants Turner for Rodgers. He had Grant. I probably do it since I'm strong at RB.

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Kolb will be a bum this year.

Seems like Vick will play in every series of downs this year.

I would take somebody like Orton over Kolb for the rest of the season if I was desperate.

'This reminds me of another player who had a hot start in recent years (it might have even been last year), and all his owners came on here with the same mantra, " I'm not selling this guy for anything right now. Not even Brees or AP or AJ or whoever ". It happens every year. '

Who are you talking about?

I'm guessing the guy that smacked around Rihanna...

Chris Brown

Foster ain't playing the Colts D every week. Sell high.

He doesn't have to play the Colts every week to end up with 1RB numbers at the end of the season my friend. :rolleyes:

Malcom Floyd and his 12 targets are a potential buy low; if he and Rivers get their connection going.

i second this. while floyd only had 3 catches, he had 12 targets. if it wasn't for the weather causing him to slip on at least 3 looks and Rivers overthrowing him once, he would have had a much bigger statistical night.

while the weather is no excuse in real life, it is in fantasy and may help you get him for very cheap.

I sold high on Forte. I got Pierre Thomas, Clinton Portis and Vincent Jackson in return.

Yes, he had a great game. But it was against the Lions and besides the two big plays he didn't look that good to me.

I value Thomas a bit higher than Forte due to the Saints overall scoring power. So getting Portis for RB-depth (taking Hardesty's spot) and Vincent Jackson as a second half wildcard just sealed the deal for me.

My depth chart now is:

RB -> F. Gore, P. Thomas, S. Greene, C. Portis and D. Brown

WR -> Calvin Johnson, St. Smith (CAR), M. Wallace, L. Evans and V. Jackson

I think I improved my team.

Arian Foster. I traded him today straight up for Deangelo Williams. He won me a week and I'll cut ship on him now. It isn't that I don't think he can do this again...but there is no better time to get a first/second round talent in exchange for a guy I took with my final pick in an early draft

I disagree with everyone saying this was a bad trade. You're playing the odds and just got a free second round pick in the draft. Selling high is hard to do.

I disagree with everyone saying this was a bad trade. You're playing the odds and just got a free second round pick in the draft. Selling high is hard to do.

I also disagree with the popular sentiment in this thread, and I own Foster in 3 of my 4 leagues. Can't believe people are already annointing him a top 6 back... are you frigging kidding me? Makes the FFtoday board look like it is full of rookies. I see the same thing every year, you'd think people would have learned by now.

You know who also started out the season hot last season? Julius Jones. Enough said.

I am in no way saying Arian Foster is like Julius Jones, but to compare him and even elevate him above top talent - and proven talent - is just plain stupid.

I also disagree with the popular sentiment in this thread, and I own Foster in 3 of my 4 leagues. Can't believe people are already annointing him a top 6 back... are you frigging kidding me? Makes the FFtoday board look like it is full of rookies. I see the same thing every year, you'd think people would have learned by now.

You know who also started out the season hot last season? Julius Jones. Enough said.

I am in no way saying Arian Foster is like Julius Jones, but to compare him and even elevate him above top talent - and proven talent - is just plain stupid.

What about Ray Rice last year....Did you think he was a proven talent before he blew up?

What about Ray Rice last year....Did you think he was a proven talent before he blew up?

The only similar thing about these two running backs is where their ADP ended up at the start of the season.

Just wait for "Fumblin Foster" to put his first ball on the ground, and this hype all dies down.

As I already stated, I have Foster in 3 out of 4 of my leagues. Clearly I think he is valuable. But everyone is so quick to look for "this year's Matt Schaub" (Kevin Kolb hype also pissed me of during the pre-season) or "this year's Ray Rice (and your comment pretty much assures me that is exactly how you are looking at is as well), they let it get into the way of common sense.

Just wait for "Fumblin Foster" to put his first ball on the ground, and this hype all dies down.

Dude's lost 1 fumble in like 90 attempts.

:unsure:

31 points by Foster tonight. Great job Houston establishing the run in the 4th quarter. he got me by 2 points tonight and my Texans lost. double pain.

I tell you what. I am glad I did not trade this guy.

In hindsight, a bad move on my part, fortunately Bradshaw and Forte have more than picked up the slack that was lacking due to DeAngelo's poor performance.

The key to making a bold move is having the depth to cover your potential mistake...particularly when the deal involves two players of the same position. At the time I traded Foster, I had Bradshaw, Forte, and Moreno. It was a chance to significantly upgrade my RB core. While it backfired and did so quickly, it let me be active in the FA market. I picked up Torain when he was placed back on the 53 man roster, and got Fred Jackson right after the Lynch trade.

Foster is amazing this season though. He's definitely an elite RB this season, and barring an injury he's going to be going very high next season. I'll be sure to keep him if I am lucky enough to get my hands on him again!

In hindsight, a bad move on my part, fortunately Bradshaw and Forte have more than picked up the slack that was lacking due to DeAngelo's poor performance.

The key to making a bold move is having the depth to cover your potential mistake...particularly when the deal involves two players of the same position. At the time I traded Foster, I had Bradshaw, Forte, and Moreno. It was a chance to significantly upgrade my RB core. While it backfired and did so quickly, it let me be active in the FA market. I picked up Torain when he was placed back on the 53 man roster, and got Fred Jackson right after the Lynch trade.

Foster is amazing this season though. He's definitely an elite RB this season, and barring an injury he's going to be going very high next season. I'll be sure to keep him if I am lucky enough to get my hands on him again!

Yeah, you win some and you lose some. One thing is for sure. It appears that any back that they run in Houston is going to produce at some level. Ward has a nice YPC when he gets the rock too. I wonder if Houston has reached the late 90's early 2000 bronco status with RB's.

Is anyone else thinking today it is a great time to buy low on Randy Moss. Before he is picked up by another team? :unsure: