Sign in to follow this  
Matt Mueller

Ahmad Bradshaw vs Bears Outlook

All the experts seem to be down on Bradshaw this week but I'm having a tough time sending him to the bench.

The good: He's a lock for 20 touches a game. He's second in the NFC in rushing behind Peterson and has 2 tds.

The bad: The bears penetrating, ball hawk defense is allowing a league low ypc against them.

My take: While I agree that this isn't the tastiest matchup, neither was Tenn imo and he did quite fine against them. I do like the Bears D but I can't help but wonder how much of their league low ypc is skewed by playing GB without grant, Dallas who has 3 rbs but never tries to run and detroit with a rookie playing his first ever nfl game.

So is he seeing your line up this week or is he seeing the bench?

Starting him over Forsett.

I usually keep up on my stats, but I didn't even know the Bears had the #1 run defense until you posted this. They just haven't looked all that impressive. I think you were right about the stats being skewed by the competition.

I have no worries about Bradshaw this week.

Im starting Bradshaw as well,ppr league i guess you can say im starting him over ronnie brown on monday night. I also think those stats have been sqewed, Dallas was actually having a good first quarter running the ball and all of a sudden they just stopped.

The thing about the Bears is also...they have faced three teams in the bottom half of rushing yards through the first three weeks.

Detroit ranks 31st, Dallas ranks 26th, and Green Bay is 22nd. While the Giants aren't lighting the world on fire on the ground, I wouldn't dismiss the factors involved in the opponents the Bears have faced. As was previously posted. The Lions ground game is a joke, Jahvid Best or not. Dallas hasn't successfully determined which running back they want to get the majority of the carries, and Green Bay chose to attack the Bears through the air.

I'm starting Bradshaw in both leagues I have him in. I expect him to put up modest numbers (60-70 yards rushing, 30 yards receiving, and a potential touchdown).

'I'm starting Bradshaw in both leagues I have him in. I expect him to put up modest numbers (60-70 yards rushing, 30 yards receiving, and a potential touchdown). '

Yeah that's about what I'm thinking too. I feel like all my 2nd/3rd backs have that outlook.

I have to sit 1 out of these 3: Bradshaw, Forte and LT.

I am going to put bradshaw on the bench this week in favor of tomlinson. Not sure it matters much either way...

@ PI

I could be over thinking this but if the Buffalo game is the blowout I think it'll be, I could see the Jets using Green a lot in the second half to save Tomilnson whereas I don't see the Giants going to Jacobs in a tight game against the Bears.

Overthinking 101 right here.

I think I'm starting him and LT and leaving Forte :bench: ed.

Part a gut feeling.

Part my when players are evenly ranked, diversify your starters across leagues theory. I own Forte in two leagues and Bradshaw in one.

I'm starting Bradshaw and Hillis over The Law Firm. Those two are clear starters on their teams. BJGE had a nice week but you never know who's getting the ball on the Patriots.

Heck, I am starting Kuhnilinguis over Bradshaw.....

:pointstosky:

starting him, admittedly no other options but yet i don't feel real worried about it. Chi has given up 3 rush tds and i think the giants will move the ball and score points so he'll have some chances. prob not a huge game, but i dont think he'll end up with just 5 pts or something either.

I am sitting Bradshaw and Rice and starting Gore and Matthews.

Are you concerned about Mathews ankle? I ask because my choice is between Bradshaw and Mathews. I like the matchup for Mathews, but I am concerned about him coming back so early from an injury many had projected to hold him out for up to 4 weeks.

I think I'm starting Bradshaw over P. Thomas. Even if Thomas was 100% I still think I'd go with Bradshaw. I just don't see how you can bench Bradshaw. He'll get carries and if Giants fall behind he gets receptions. He also has that break out ability. (20, 30 40 yrd TD possibility)

It's Sunday morning and I still have no idea what I'm going to do with Bradshaw this week. My other options are Best or DeAngelo Williams. Leaning towards Bradshaw but might also gamble on Williams to break out, finally.

Having a hard time sitting Bradshaw but choosing between Benson and Hillis (leaning towards Benson). Rough decision and hope I don't regret sitting him but pretty much decided he was benched right after week 3 and I saw week 4 matchup.

I think that, given the admittedly small sample size by which to judge Chicago's defense, Bradshaw could face a tough time finding room to run tonight against the Bears...A short Td run is certainly a real possibility (3 tds inside the ten given up by Chicago, with a fourth, one yard play action pass td from the one yard line by Dallas), but, I tend to think that the Giants are going to need to throw the ball to beat the Bears---the positive with Bradshaw, though, is that he could be a factor in the passing game as well, so, his total yardage should be respectable---he has produced well enough that he should probably be in most lineups, but, I would temper my expectations of a big game if I had him...

Which means he will probably run for a buck fifty and two tds...which is what makes this game so much fun!

Torn, I got Bradshaw,Forte, Forsett and Addai. Right now rollin' with Bradshaw and Forte. But Forsett in ST. Loo and Addai with D. Brown out.

I don't know!!! :wall:

I also gotta choose between A. Johnston, Ocho and S. Moss F$%*!!!!!

Torn, I got Bradshaw,Forte, Forsett and Addai. Right now rollin' with Bradshaw and Forte. But Forsett in ST. Loo and Addai with D. Brown out.

I don't know!!! :wall:

I also gotta choose between A. Johnston, Ocho and S. Moss F$%*!!!!!

Be careful with Addai. I just heard he had a cyst drained from the back of one of his knees and he may be limited today.

Link

I felt I had to start him over Best, who wasn't close to 100%. Not too bad. I'd have a really solid week going if Hasselbeck wasn't my bye week QB :lol: .... :doh: .... :cry:

hold onto the damn ball.....

Two weeks in a row this guy has turned a great performance on a drive to just fumble it away at the end.

It's a good thing the Giants will get a safety here (err...I mean run into their own man on the punt return)

Two weeks in a row this guy has turned a great performance on a drive to just fumble it away at the end.

It's a good thing the Giants will get a safety here (err...I mean run into their own man on the punt return)

And Jacobs gets the goal line carry :overhead:

starting him, admittedly no other options but yet i don't feel real worried about it. Chi has given up 3 rush tds and i think the giants will move the ball and score points so he'll have some chances. prob not a huge game, but i dont think he'll end up with just 5 pts or something either.

good post me