Sign in to follow this  
mccombsau

"Never Bench your Studs"

So many "studs" are are not studs anymore, who do you consider your unbenchables now?

obviously

CJIII

ADP

AJ (when healthy)

Rodgers

Brees

Wayne

after that a few have fallen off the list and others have been added (ex. Foster)

Rice? nope

MJD? not always

Turner? eh..

Sjax...blah

Greene...

Matthews

Moss

etc, etc...

who, In your Opinion are the "Never Benched Studs"?

Well the one I was going to add was the one you mentioned...Foster. I'd say that Moss may have just become another never bench guy again.

Good thread.

I'm glad I don't 100% apply the "never bench your studs" theory, otherwise I would not be undefeated in two of my leagues.

I benched then traded Colston

I benched then traded Forte.

I benched Boldin in bad match ups and profited from it.

I benched Mathews and was glad for it.

I benched AJohnson and really was happy I did.

I could add more.

My biggest factor is looking at the opposition. If I'm playing great rushing defenses, I do not care how studly he is, he could be on the bench. If my stud WR is going against Revis, Asomugah, or Bailey, there is a good chance he is on the bench too.

You can't get rid of the mental part of this game - you gotta do some thinking. Nothing is that cut and dry.

My biggest factor is looking at the opposition. If I'm playing great rushing defenses, I do not care how studly he is, he could be on the bench. If my stud WR is going against Revis, Asomugah, or Bailey, there is a good chance he is on the bench too.

You can't get rid of the mental part of this game - you gotta do some thinking. Nothing is that cut and dry.

Agree for the most part but with one caveat; his replacement has got to have a great matchup. I'm not benching a stud w/a bad matchup for an average player w/a decent matchup.

I benched J. Best week 2 vs Philly (considered at the time a good DEF) and still weep bitterly.

CJIII

ADP

AJ (when healthy)

Rodgers

Brees

Wayne

Here are some more DONT BENCH STUDS

A. Foster

P. Manning

P. Rivers

A. Gates

J. Finley

R. White

D. Clark

F. Gore

M. Vick

The reasoning is also about that if you spend a 1st-3rd round pick on a guy, use him. Don't draft a guy if you are afraid to start him. Examples are like Cedric Benson vs the Ravens last year....in the 2 games 237 yrds and 2 tds.

The only people I haven't benched thus far (and won't except for byes) are Wayne and White at WR. CJ has been a quasi-disappointment so far, but I haven't benched him yet.

This thread is overrated..there simply is , and can be, much dispute about...who are truly "studs"...so the whole issue is a NON-ISSUE in my book !!! :music_guitarred:

This is the last week I start Chris Johnson with a unfavorable matchup, I sat him against Pitt, should've sat him last week, hell I've been tempted to put Tolbert in for him, with Foster as my second RB.