Sign in to follow this  
mgs316

Felix Jones

Or at least until he gets hurt?

109 rushing, 17 receiving, 7.3 per carry average?

Barber will probably still get GL work but Jones could be fairly consistant.

I was getting ready to drop him...but this probably forces me to keep him, even though I probably won't start him.

Clowny Jones was saying all week that Jones was going to start getting more touches the rest of the way. We say part of that y-day. I'd say he will def be the guy for the rest of the year.

My guess is that they continue to use MBIII and FJ the same way they have over the last few years. I don't pay attention to the Cowboys but I just get the feeling they like MBIII and won't be benching him any time soon. He's always going to get the goalline work and he'll continue to be the starter. Unless FJ gets hot like he did yesterday, the touches will split like they have been previously, meaning from a fantasy perspective, you're giving up 10-15 productive touches a game if you start him.

Hopefully this week pushes them to change, kinda like hopefully it pushes the Chiefs to change their similar situation.

I don't own either of them but as a fantasy player, feature back is much more fun than RBBC.

My guess is that they continue to use MBIII and FJ the same way they have over the last few years. I don't pay attention to the Cowboys but I just get the feeling they like MBIII and won't be benching him any time soon. He's always going to get the goalline work and he'll continue to be the starter. Unless FJ gets hot like he did yesterday, the touches will split like they have been previously, meaning from a fantasy perspective, you're giving up 10-15 productive touches a game if you start him.

Hopefully this week pushes them to change, kinda like hopefully it pushes the Chiefs to change their similar situation.

I don't own either of them but as a fantasy player, feature back is much more fun than RBBC.

Didn't you watch the game yesterday? Felix Jones is the starter now.

The only thing I don't like is when they lose a game like yesterday when they tried something new. Somehow I think coaches can equate it like: "sure he ran ok but we still lost so it didn't work."

They lost the game because of turnovers and Felix Jones had none of them. He ran with speed and authority against a tough Tenn defense. "head coaches" like Jerry Jones are smart enough to realize this. I would expect to see a 70-30 split the rest of year.

Sorry, I didn't watch the game yesterday. And you probably know more about the Cowboys than I do, but I think I remember Felix having a really nice game last year on Thanksgiving, where he clearly looked like the better back. Then there was a bunch of the same type of talk then, MBIII followed it up by putting up a few more turds the next couple weeks and they STILL didn't change starters.

He might be the RB that starts the game but my point was that I still don't think you're going to get an 80/20 split.

They lost the game because of turnovers and Felix Jones had none of them. He ran with speed and authority against a tough Tenn defense. "head coaches" like Jerry Jones are smart enough to realize this. I would expect to see a 70-30 split the rest of year.

Says the guy with Jones on his team. :rolleyes:

And when did Jerry become the head coach? :unsure:

Except for the fact that MB3 is still the starter in that he started the game, thus is still the starter.

But still, they got him out of their quick and put in Felix, so that's good. Don't have a ton of faith in Jason Garret to keep giving the ball to Jones though. Garret wants to be seen as a guru, and gurus don't run the ball a lot.

Even yesterday is the perfect example. Felix's first carry goes for 20 yards. A smart coach would then give it to Felix again but not a guru. A guru sees a RB make a play and sees an opportunity for some trickery using said RB as a decoy. The next play was a fake pitch left to Felix followed by a rollout right incomplete pass. Then a fake pitch to Felix - fake reverse - bomb that was incomplete. Then a sack and a punt.

That's how wannabe gurus do it.

Says the guy with Jones on his team. :rolleyes:

And when did Jerry become the head coach? :unsure:

For the record..I do have Felix on my team and have never started him and dont need to start him. Don't you know what the quotes mean? I would call you a name...but not my style. I think we all know that wade phillips is not really the head coach! Except for you apparently!

For the record..I do have Felix on my team and have never started him and dont need to start him. Don't you know what the quotes mean? I would call you a name...but not my style. I think we all know that wade phillips is not really the head coach! Except for you apparently!

I know what it means... But Jerry doesn't call the plays. Felix has been Jerry's guy since they drafted him and he hasn't been the lead back yet. What does that tell you?

I expect Felix Jones to be the most talented, productive running on the dallas roster for short bursts. They will likely still pass a ton, won't commit to giving him enough touches long term, and/or he'll get nicked up.

I think yesterday's workload was in part from a Jerry Jones whisper to get Felix the ball so they weren't reminded that they passed on CJ2K in the draft.

I just got Welker for him. :banana:

You were joking, right? If not, hey, props to you for being the man. I won't even say it since it's been said a million times around here...

You were joking, right? If not, hey, props to you for being the man. I won't even say it since it's been said a million times around here...

Lol...I know where you're headed, and it wasn't a trade with my mom. Straight up, competitive $$ league. The guy has been shopping Welker for a RB for a week, guess I was the best offer that came along.

I know what it means...

Then why did you write a stupid post about it. Before you respond to a post, perhaps you should read exactly what others wrote and what you have written as well. The only thing your post did was dish on my opinion because I am a Felix owner and let everyone know I don't know what I am talking about because I think Jerry Jones is the head coach. 3-0 :first: Keep trying to make your post legit...it will be fun!

Per Rotoworld.....

Coach Wade Phillips stated Monday that Felix Jones' role will continue to grow after Jones received a career-high 19 touches in Week 5.

"We need to get Felix the ball more," Phillips said. "We did that (Sunday), and I thought it showed up well. ... It helped our running game." Jones is averaging 5.6 yards per touch compared to Marion Barber's 3.3. Jones is likely to take over as the Cowboys' feature back while Barber is used primarily in short-yardage situations. Consider Jones an RB2 from here on out.

Source: Dallas Morning News

Should have locked the thread after the initial post. The update from Rotoworld suggests the same. I find it amazing that someone could come away from that game with a different conclusion than their HC. Felix is the primary until/unless injury or turnovers. YPC, their owner, their head coach and game film aren't ALL lying. Yeesh.

I begin to become loaded at RB after having jack squat early on. Mendy, Moreno (getting healthy hopefully), Felix, Fred Jackson, Spiller, Jacobs. Hopefully Spiller can be a late season shot in the arm.

Cowboys better start winning keep my boy on the field.

According to fanball from the Dallas morning news....the cowboys are ready to drop the rbbc and make Felix the feature back. Sorry...can't post the link right now.