Sign in to follow this  
salparadise

Dexter McCluster Out With High Ankle Sprain

Profootballtalk.com is reporting that Dexter McCluster has a high ankle sprain that will keep him out of the lineup for a few weeks. Bad timing for McCluster owners, as this week’s match-up against the Bills’ weak defense would bode well for the first year wr/rb from Ole’ Miss.

His injury also makes Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles even better starts against a Bills defense that has given up the second most yards on the ground.

Dexter McCluster Out With High Ankle Sprain

Great new for Charles owners

But bad news for MFM

Who takes over return duties? Charles? Excuse my ignorance if this is obvious, but I dont follow KC that closely...

Who takes over return duties? Charles? Excuse my ignorance if this is obvious, but I dont follow KC that closely...

I doubt they'd have Charles taking back kicks.

Javier Arenas will take over returns. IDP leagues take note.

Oh most definitely, I already have. :thumbsup:

I think the only players that are affected by this injury are:

1. Dexter McCluster

2. Javier Arenas

Charles was getting his carries regardless. It's not like he has been splitting his #2RB carries with Dex.

I think the only players that are affected by this injury are:

1. Dexter McCluster

2. Javier Arenas

Charles was getting his carries regardless. It's not like he has been splitting his #2RB carries with Dex.

McCluster was getting around 10 touches a game. One of the two backs will pick up that slack, and I think it will be Charles as he is the more dynamic player.

McCluster was getting around 10 touches a game. One of the two backs will pick up that slack, and I think it will be Charles as he is the more dynamic player.

No doubt that Charles is the more dynamic player, but I am only seeing that McCluster got 11 carries on the year. He also has 15 receps, but I am sure he was lined up at WR for at least some of them.

Just a sidenote: not looking to split hairs or argue or whatever, but I just don't see his injury impacting the KC running game all that much. I do see future matchups working out in Charles' favor, as KC should be up in a few of their upcoming games which should increase his workload.

McCluster isn't really in competition with Charles. They are both playmakers, sure, but they also have different roles (Charles is more of a runner, McCluster is more of a receiver). In other words: you fail.

McCluster isn't really in competition with Charles. They are both playmakers, sure, but they also have different roles (Charles is more of a runner, McCluster is more of a receiver). In other words: you fail.

Yep. McCluster being out drags the offense down, and Charles with it. That being said, any offensive player is a good play against the Bills right now.

That 30 yard end around for Charles was a McCluster play.

Who failed? 230 total yards, including 60 in the air.

You failed. That had nothing to do with McCluster. You could've just said "Charles will have a huge game because the Bills suck." If McCluster is in there MAYBE Charles gets 30 less yards. Big whoop.

It might not be a lot of touches, but I would say the majority of McCluster's touches on the season were plays that took away from Charles' touches. And yes, when you are talking about the running back that is #1 in yards per rush and #2 in yards per catch in the league, a few touches here and there can make a real difference in how many points JC gets you at the end of the day.