Sign in to follow this  
devius

Is anybody benching Megatron?

I know he's been a beast and as consistent as they come with fantasy points but i'm in a must win and it scares the crap out of me depending on Stanton's arm. Do I chance it he'll chuck the ball at all costs to get it to Calvin? or bench him for the likes of Tampa Mike or upstart James Jones? of course Hill would go down again at a pivotal moment in the fantasy season.... :thumbsdown:

Last time i benched him when stafford got hurt and there was a change at QB, he went off for 120 yards and a TD.

well that and you couple it with the fact they are playing a redhot Chicago Def that looked impressive against Vick. Is everybody starting him with confidence?

well that and you couple it with the fact they are playing a redhot Chicago Def that looked impressive against Vick. Is everybody starting him with confidence?

<<< This guy :thumbsup:

Calvin, Rice or TO? Pick 2.

I don't doubt Chicago contains Calvin but I haven't seen enough from Rice to start him over Megatron.

After starring as the Vikings' "Z" receiver in 2009, Sidney Rice has been playing the "X" role the past couple of weeks.

Rice has essentially taken Bernard Berrian's (groin) spot in the lineup with Percy Harvin taking over as the flanker. "It's totally different," said Rice, who has struggled to establish a connection with Brett Favre. With Berrian close to returning, Rice's role may change again this week or next.

that's part of the problem... until they move him back to the Z so he can stretch the field and Percy starts taking the underneath routes where he works best this offense is going to struggle... just my 2 cents... then again Rice probably doesn't have the explosion 2009 Rice had... at least not yet.

I think its time to dust off old Roddy White and sit Calvin. I've been enjoying the luxury of starting Megatron and D. Bowe for the last 5-6 weeks. :ninja:

I think its time to dust off old Roddy White and sit Calvin. I've been enjoying the luxury of starting Megatron and D. Bowe for the last 5-6 weeks. :ninja:

I'm in a who-to-start pickle myself...

DJax, Megatron, Bowe, Wayne, and Knox....

Oh the agony of decisions...

Megatron always starts fellers :pointstosky:

Here is what Rotoexperts Scott Engel had to say today about the situation:

"Do not expect a major downturn in production from Calvin Johnson based on another QB change in Detroit. Fantasy owners were concerned about a drop-off in production when Shaun Hill became the starter, too. Drew Stanton knows who his go-to guy is, and has been in the league long enough to take over the offense and play respectably for stretches. Do not mistake a lack of in-game reps for total inexperience in the NFL. Stanton is in his third year in the league, and has certainly learned some things by watching from the sidelines during the past two-plus seasons. You do not want to use Stanton in Fantasy Football, but do not be moved to make knee-jerk negative assumptions, either."

Unless you have top-tier alternatives, you never bench Calvin Johnson. Remember, you're not giving a vote of confidence to Detroit by starting him or throwing your support behind whoever happens to be at Quarterback; this is about Megatron and his uncanny ability to produce in any situation. Remember, this is a guy who played with 5 different QBs one year and still got it done. He's a beast that should never get benched unless he's injured, and even then he better miss playing time because he proven reliable even when he's less than 100%.

I have good options (Steve Johnson and Mike Wallace), but I plan on still playing him.

Megatron always starts fellers :pointstosky:

Here is what Rotoexperts Scott Engel had to say today about the situation:

"Do not expect a major downturn in production from Calvin Johnson based on another QB change in Detroit. Fantasy owners were concerned about a drop-off in production when Shaun Hill became the starter, too. Drew Stanton knows who his go-to guy is, and has been in the league long enough to take over the offense and play respectably for stretches. Do not mistake a lack of in-game reps for total inexperience in the NFL. Stanton is in his third year in the league, and has certainly learned some things by watching from the sidelines during the past two-plus seasons. You do not want to use Stanton in Fantasy Football, but do not be moved to make knee-jerk negative assumptions, either."

i'm scared of the combination of 3rd string quarterback vs Chicago Def... Peppers could eat him for lunch.

Ok fellas, I've been starting Calvin every week through hell and high water and he's come through. But Drew Stanton? Against the Bears? :unsure:

I'm a tad bit worried.

My other options are Tolbert and Steve Johnson. I'm positive I've going with Stevie J this week, but it's a serious toss up between Tolbert and Mega.

Anyone else considering benching the studly one known as Calvin Johnson?

I would start Mega over Tolbert. Mathews might steal some carries. Mega situation is cause for concern, but don't bench your studs. A few weeks back I benched him because it looked like he wasn't going to play or he was going to be limited. 140 yards and score. Lesson learned.

Just my two pennies

I'm deciding between Johnson, Manningham, and Holmes. Need 2 and will probably sit Megatron for the other 2.

Megatron will be solid and should be starting in every league.

You'd have to have some pretty awesome alternatives to bench him--if you do then you didn't make enough trades this year cause bench points don't count for shiat!

I'm deciding between Johnson, Manningham, and Holmes. Need 2 and will probably sit Megatron for the other 2.

Other the TD, Megatron has done little, but Manningham has done even less.

Glad I switched back to Johnson at the last second!

:pointstosky:

Other the TD, Megatron has done little, but Manningham has done even less.

Glad I switched back to Johnson at the last second!

:pointstosky:

I don't understand this statement...what more are you looking for??? he has a 50 yd TD catch, I don't care if that's the only touch he has, he's worth starting just based on that 1 play. He's not a RB, he's not gonna touch the ball 40% of the time, as long as he gets 10-15 points, he's a stud...I don't care if he has 8 catches for 50 or 1, as long as he gets the TD.

I don't understand this statement...what more are you looking for??? he has a 50 yd TD catch, I don't care if that's the only touch he has, he's worth starting just based on that 1 play. He's not a RB, he's not gonna touch the ball 40% of the time, as long as he gets 10-15 points, he's a stud...I don't care if he has 8 catches for 50 or 1, as long as he gets the TD.

What exactly don't you understand of "other than the TD?" THAT has been his game so far. In case you still miss it, the point is that absent that ONE play, he's done nothing. Sure, the one play is great and it counts, but without that he has nothing. Is this really that hard to grasp?

:unsure:

What exactly don't you understand of "other than the TD?" THAT has been his game so far. In case you still miss it, the point is that absent that ONE play, he's done nothing. Sure, the one play is great and it counts, but without that he has nothing. Is this really that hard to grasp?

:unsure:

but the point is, who cares?

why live in a world of what if's? what if he doesn't have that 1 TD play? Who cares, he had it.

1 catch for 50 yards and a TD is 12 points in PPR and a fine day. And thats why you start the man in any situation short of a trip to Revis Island. Because he is the type of player who despite a poor matchup can break that 1 play.