Sign in to follow this  
justforbeer

Roddy White

I have had Roddy White and drafted him with confidence but when I saw the last 6 weeks of his season....I thought...this does not look good.

So far it is looking that way.

vs Green Bay....He sucked

vs Tampa Bay....He sucked

vs Carolina....no #1 WR has had a big game vs them this year.

vs Seattle...ONLY BIG GAME LEFT

vs NO Saints...yuk

vs Carolina....see above

Thoughts?

I have had Roddy White and drafted him with confidence but when I saw the last 6 weeks of his season....I thought...this does not look good.

So far it is looking that way.

vs Green Bay....He sucked

vs Tampa Bay....He sucked

vs Carolina....no #1 WR has had a big game vs them this year.

vs Seattle...ONLY BIG GAME LEFT

vs NO Saints...yuk

vs Carolina....see above

Thoughts?

You're thinking too hard.

In a PPR league, his lowest total is 9. Disappointing? Yeah after coming up big so often but sucking that ain't. There have been several WR who went catchless in games or Bowe catching one pass last week for 8 yards. Now THAT is sucking.

Don't bench the #1 WR in FF. :wall:

In a PPR league, his lowest total is 9. Disappointing? Yeah after coming up big so often but sucking that ain't. There have been several WR who went catchless in games or Bowe catching one pass last week for 8 yards. Now THAT is sucking.

Don't bench the #1 WR in FF. :wall:

That catch was overturned. 0 points for Bowe last week.

I will take Mr. White to score 16 points or more in PPR. [PPR= 1pt, 1pt/10 yds Rush/Rec, 6 pts for all TDs, 3pt bonus for 100 Rec yards or more]. This means he has to get 5 for 50 and a TD, or 7 for 90 or better.

Bet is $20, paid by e-mail money tranfer.

Any takers?

And for that goof who lost last year, and owes me a bottle of scotch for a similar type bet - I would have squared with you, you lowlife a$$-donkey.

Welcome to Fantasy Football, no player has his production neatly spread out from week to week. Who was the top scorer last year, Andre Johnson? By my count he had six games where he scored less than 7 points. Randy Moss was not far behind him in total points, and he also had six games with less than 7.

Sometimes you just gotta find a way to suck it up and deal with the fact that you have the #4 WR in fantasy football.

If you're sitting around thinking up reasons to be worried about Roddy White, you've got too much time on your hands. True, he's had a hard time finding the end zone recently, but aside from the game where he banged his knee and spent a significant amount of time in the locker room, he hasn't "sucked" by any means.

He's still easily getting the most targets from Ryan, and he's getting his share of catches and yards. I don't even play in a PPR league, and I can't say that I've been tremendously disappointed by his production of late. Would I like to see him score more touchdowns in the next few weeks? YES. Would I consider benching him for any reason other than catastrophic injury? NO.

If you're looking for 100 yards and a score every week, you're not going to find it in the NFL. If you're looking for a top 5 WR, you're looking at Roddy White.

I'm confident he'll pull it back together for me in the playoffs. This guy has a history of treating me well. I'm going to name my first son Roddy.

He damn well better :argue: I need Ryan and White to atleast post good #s from here on out. Im not asking for great #s, but id love them, just solid production not to get me beat. :wave:

from CBS:

The matchup against Carolina seems like an easy one against a 1-11 team,

but the Panthers allow just 12.7 Fantasy points per game to

wide receivers, fourth-lowest in the league. They rank

eighth against the pass, allowing 206.0 yards per game. "You

can't take guys like these for granted," White said

Wednesday. "That's how you get beat."

This week may not be the week where White gets back on track. :unsure:

If you do a search for the thread, I posted in June or so about Roddy White and the Fantasy Playoffs. I put up a LOT of information about his historical stats in weeks 14-16. He has been a superstar during the regular season for us FF Geeks, but has done next to nothing in the fantasy playoffs since he has been in the league. Historically, he has scored under 8 fantasy points in the playoffs OVER 80% OF THE TIME. Dig up the thread. I posted his yards, receptions, TD's, and total points for those week since his rookie season. He traditionally has one monster game out of those 3 weeks and 2 very sub par weeks.

I am a huge Roddy White fan, but I am always skeptical come playoff time. He has consistently burned me. 3 years in a row now. If he is on your team, you are probably forced to start him as he is likely your #1 WR, or #2 if you drafted two WR's to start your draft. Roddy is a prime example of why the fantasy playoffs are always wide open and rarely does the best overall team on paper win the league. Gotta love this game!

Carolina is better then most people think against the pass. That being said, Roddy White can hang big numbers on any defense in the NFL on any given Sunday. I'm feeling half full.

I was scanning through my normal fantasy sites to see if anything new was out. And when i got to KFFL i found this.

Windy conditions are expected in Carolina. Captain Planet, he's no hero. He's gonna take Matt Ryan's completions down to zero. Well, not zero, but the mediocre arm strength of the Atlanta Falcons' QB might hinder him throwing against gusts.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/article.php/126308/39#ixzz17qGeCypb

:( great just what i need in my first round matchup. Ryan has no arm and Roddy wont do sh!t :wall:

Pretty much every WR is inconsistent. All I know is that the most targeted player in the league is going to be in my lineup.

Pretty much every WR is inconsistent. All I know is that the most targeted player in the league is going to be in my lineup.

Obviously you do not play in PPR Leagues by your statement. Most elite WR's are very consistent in the fantasy playoffs. If you do the research, you will find that certain WR's are money year in and year out in weeks 14-16. Saying pretty much every WR is inconsistent is not a fair statement. You should post the facts that show in the fantasy playoffs "pretty much every WR is inconsistent". You will certainly find that the vast majority of the top WR's ARE consistent. Roddy only got his own thread because he is so wildly inconsistent in the playoffs after being one of the most consistent WR's in the NFL for the past 3 seasons excluding the fantasy playoffs. As I stated in all the Roddy threads, you have to start him if you own him because you know he will be targeted a lot. Each year at this time I pray he will be the guy he normally is during the regular fantasy season. Each year, I'm disappointed.

Obviously you do not play in PPR Leagues by your statement. Most elite WR's are very consistent in the fantasy playoffs. If you do the research, you will find that certain WR's are money year in and year out in weeks 14-16. Saying pretty much every WR is inconsistent is not a fair statement. You should post the facts that show in the fantasy playoffs "pretty much every WR is inconsistent". You will certainly find that the vast majority of the top WR's ARE consistent. Roddy only got his own thread because he is so wildly inconsistent in the playoffs after being one of the most consistent WR's in the NFL for the past 3 seasons excluding the fantasy playoffs. As I stated in all the Roddy threads, you have to start him if you own him because you know he will be targeted a lot. Each year at this time I pray he will be the guy he normally is during the regular fantasy season. Each year, I'm disappointed.

Research, stats, blah blah blah. The guy has been fantasy relevant for three years before this one. So you have 3 seasons of data on weeks 14-16. That is to say: nine games. That is what we call a statistically insignificant sample size, and that's presuming there even is such a thing as statistical significance in fantasy football. If you spend all your time looking at stats instead of circumstances, you are only kidding yourself.

Let's look at last year as an example:

Week 14: 2 catches for 41 yards, 0 TDs vs. NO This was against the future Super Bowl champs, who were undefeated at the time. Oh and Matt Ryan and Michael Turner were out that week.

Week 15: 4 catches for 33 yards, 0 TDs vs. Jets. You may have heard about this guy named Derrell Revis, and the New York Jets defense. In 2009 no team allowed fewer fantasy points to opposing wide recievers.

Week 16: 8 catches 139 yards 2 TDs. OMG RODDY WHITE JUST WON YOUR FANTASY FOOTBALL SUPER BOWL FOR YOU.

The moral of the story is, going into weeks 14 and 15, you had plenty of reason to expect him not to score a ton of points. In week 16 he went off. He doesn't have a magic week 14-16 curse. HTH. :wave:

Good start for Ryan :thumbsup: Now lets get Roddy involved dam it

Freakin Ryan could have walked in the dam endzone but hesitated and got freakin killed :wall:

Good start for Ryan :thumbsup: Now lets get Roddy involved dam it

Yeah until he completely wussed on that scramble. Duck your head and dive for the goaline Matty!!!!Now Mike Turner will get the TD...just watch

Another stellar outing from Roddy White :doh: Thanks for coming up big when your needed the most

Did they cancel the 2nd half??? :dunno:

Yes they did. FOCK HIM AND MENDENHALL :mad:

But the #1 seed in one of my leagues just lost Rodgers :shocking:

Better now!

No because bastard handed off to Turner's fat stumpy ass for TD :mad:

No because bastard handed off to Turner's fat stumpy ass for TD

hey its you again, whining mid game! Great stuff. We definitely need more of that. Here's to hoping Roddy's weak performance put an end to your miserable whining season so we don't have to hear, at the end of quarter 1, how Vick has only got 1 td and 48 rushing yarads for you, followed by one of more of these smileys: :mad: :cry: :wall: :bench: :shocking:

UGH

hey its you again, whining mid game! Great stuff. We definitely need more of that. Here's to hoping Roddy's weak performance put an end to your miserable whining season so we don't have to hear, at the end of quarter 1, how Vick has only got 1 td and 48 rushing yarads for you, followed by one of more of these smileys: :mad: :cry: :wall: :bench: :shocking:

UGH

Message bored police suck. ITSATIP

Message bored police suck. ITSATIP

yes and illiteracy is a problem plaguing this once great country of ours. So maybe you should manage your priorities a bit better? Understand what I'm saying??? Of course you don't you illiterate moron...

yes and illiteracy is a problem plaguing this once great country of ours. So maybe you should manage your priorities a bit better? Understand what I'm saying??? Of course you don't you illiterate moron...

Hey Winnie the 'p00h',

The jerk store called and they are running out of you :pointstosky: :wave:

:lol: The fact that you didn't get my post speaks volumes about you ;)

Hey Winnie the 'p00h',

The jerk store called and they are running out of you :pointstosky: :wave:

the whine store called, they've run out of Riojas and would like to stock you on the shelves...

the whine store called, they've run out of Riojas and would like to stock you on the shelves...

comedy isn't your strong suit... :blink:

I will take Mr. White to score 16 points or more in PPR. [PPR= 1pt, 1pt/10 yds Rush/Rec, 6 pts for all TDs, 3pt bonus for 100 Rec yards or more]. This means he has to get 5 for 50 and a TD, or 7 for 90 or better.

Bet is $20, paid by e-mail money tranfer.

Any takers?

And for that goof who lost last year, and owes me a bottle of scotch for a similar type bet - I would have squared with you, you lowlife a$$-donkey.

8 catches

79 yards

15 points. Just not big time...I did not say he would not have ANY catches or yards...just no big numbers like earlier in the year.

Next Sunday will be his only chance at having a big game....

Otherwise I still feel you could bench him for other players...

I traded him last week with C.J. Spiller for McFadden and Garcon. :pointstosky: