Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Nicks tonight...

I know he was supposed to be out 3 weeks and this of course is week 3?

Hakeem Nicks-WR - Giants Dec. 11 - 10:17 pm et

The Giants/Vikings Week 14 matchup has been postponed until Monday Night due to snow in Minnesota. Kickoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET.

Brett Favre can thank Mother Nature for giving his shoulder an extra day and a half to heal. Fantasy owners of Hakeem Nicks and Steve Smith now have to think twice about waiting to start them Monday night. We feel confident Smith will start and Nicks is likely to play, even in a reduced role. But risking a 0 is tough to do in the playoffs unless you were desperate.

Source: Fox Twin Cities

Hakeem Nicks-WR - Giants Dec. 10 - 1:43 pm et

Hakeem Nicks (leg, questionable) was a limited participant in Giants practice Friday.

Nicks seems only slightly less likely to face the Vikings than Steve Smith, who guaranteed to reporters on Friday that he would play. ESPN's John Clayton suggested that the Giants will use Nicks as they would "in a preseason game," perhaps playing only 2-3 quarters. Giants-Vikes has a 1PM ET start on Sunday. We'll know if Nicks is active at roughly noon eastern.

This was from CBS but know its not accurate.

Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (lower leg) has been ruled out for the Week 14 game against the Vikings, according to NFL Network. But since they broadcasted his status, several New York media outlets have reported otherwise. Most say he is still listed as questionable heading into Sunday. The WR could miss his third straight game despite saying he was going to play on Friday.(Updated 12/11/2010).

Fantasy Analysis

Nicks was originally scheduled to miss about three weeks, so him missing the game on Sunday would not be a big surprise. Still, throughout the week it seemed like he was looking better and better. The conflicting reports can have something to due with the team being stuck in Kansas City overnight because of a blizzard in Minneapolis. Now the game has been moved to Monday night, so Nicks will get an extra day of rest to see if he can play. Regardless of report, we will officially know his status 90 minutes before kickoff. Stay tuned.

Will he play and if so how does his injury effect him :dunno:

Here is some more info from fanhouse.com

Wide Receiver

• Hakeem Nicks, Giants - Nicks traveled with the team to Minnesota -- well, they got as far as Kansas City -- but isn't expected to play much, if at all. You likely have better options.

• Steve Smith, Giants - New York's game being moved to Monday night actually makes it tougher to start Smith this week on your fantasy roster. He's promised that he'll play, but if he's wrong and you hold a spot for him until Monday, you'll have no options to plug in quickly.

Patty do us a favor and complain profusely at the 7:16 mark of the 1st quarter if Nicks has zero catches. It really turns all of us on, A LOT!

TIA

Patty do us a favor and complain profusely at the 7:16 mark of the 1st quarter if Nicks has zero catches. It really turns all of us on, A LOT!

TIA

I only b!tch and complain about my players because it gets them going and gets me points :cheers: usually :unsure:

But if you have any useful info on Hicks tonight id gladly like to hear it. If he plays what can we expect :dunno:

thanks

there is no way anyone, short of the man upstairs, can predict how effective Nicks will be in the game tonight...if any prognosticator says with certainty that Nicks will get 7 catches for 80 yards, I say that HE is full of baby poop !! :shocking:

there is no way anyone, short of the man upstairs, can predict how effective Nicks will be in the game tonight...if any prognosticator says with certainty that Nicks will get 7 catches for 80 yards, I say that HE is full of baby poop !! :shocking:

I wont mind 7 for 80 as long as no TD. Im hoping more of 1 or 2 plays and leg falls off :unsure:

The lower leg injury that will force Nicks to miss at least the next three weeks is being referred to as "Compartment Syndrome," the Daily News reports.

Spin:The report states that Compartment Syndrome is "the compression of blood vessels and nerves in an enclosed area. It can lead to bigger problems, such as muscle and nerve damage and blood flow issues, if it's not treated immediately." As a result, Nicks underwent a fasciotomy Monday, a procedure "where a deep cut is made in the skin to relieve the tension and pressure in the enclosed area." In any case, the bottom line has not changed here. Nicks is out for at least three weeks. But now the issue that will sideline him has been identified and explained, with the help of the Daily News.

I doubt any of you are doctors but anyone familiar with how his injury should or could effect him? They said, "miss at least the next three weeks". :dunno: Maybe it should have been atleast 2 weeks?

Curious to know PatSox.. what's your game situation now? You clinging to a narrow lead? Down a bit? I'm in relatively good shape (knock on wood) to likely get through my semis game this week. Although both of us have 4 players going tonight between the two games and anything can happen. Granted i'm likely to get dropkicked by the Brady, McFadden, Moreno, AJ team over the next two weeks, in a double week title contest.

What do you have going on? Only a couple actives.. or a bunch of players for both u and your opponent?

p.s. I face Hakeem tonight as well.. along with Eli & Bradshaw (ironically, the guy is a huge Cowboys fan).. but after Hillis' relative clunker among other things, i should be okay.

Curious to know PatSox.. what's your game situation now? You clinging to a narrow lead? Down a bit? I'm in relatively good shape (knock on wood) to likely get through my semis game this week. Although both of us have 4 players going tonight between the two games and anything can happen. Granted i'm likely to get dropkicked by the Brady, McFadden, Moreno, AJ team over the next two weeks, in a double week title contest.

What do you have going on? Only a couple actives.. or a bunch of players for both u and your opponent?

p.s. I face Hakeem tonight as well.. along with Eli & Bradshaw (ironically, the guy is a huge Cowboys fan).. but after Hillis' relative clunker among other things, i should be okay.

Thats funny cause if i win i will play the McFadden and Moreno owner. But he has no QB

I am currently up 94.96 to 86.04. I have Arian Foster and he has WR and Flex spot left. He is going to play Boldin and one of the 3 Giants WRs.(Nicks, Smith, or Manningham). Was up 21 or so until Witten.

Of course the WR that really scares me is Nicks and want to know what to expect from him. Im pretty sure he will play him if he is active. Its a hard call for anyone he starts. I dont know who i would start either?

I have no idea what to make of this game.. or if I was that guy, who i would start. I guess Mario would be the safe play, with Nicks the upside pick if they say he's looking good to go for a decent amount of snaps.

I'm up 92-27 and I have Arian, Boldin, Sidney & the Giants DST-

The guy i'm playing has Eli, Bradshaw, Ray Rice & Nicks (he's committed to him). If my guys lay an egg, Ray does well and the GMen offense goes nuts in every facet.. I could be in for some drama. I can't be comfortable with that much still up in the air.. but if I get average production from my pieces.. i should be alright.

I'll add that the Brady/McFadden team i'm likely to face also has the Steelers.. all his matchups next week are pretty much fantastic; but i 'spose anything can happen with a 2-week title game.. Feels nice to possibly win a semis game; it's be a couple years since i've been in the big money; i lost a semis game last year and haven't had a big payout since '08.

Good luck dude.. you can be happy knowing that your real sports teams are looking amazing. I still can't believe the Sox have added both AGonz & CC, to the rest of that team.. And ya know the Pats are starting to look pretty good :rolleyes:

I have no idea what to make of this game.. or if I was that guy, who i would start. I guess Mario would be the safe play, with Nicks the upside pick if they say he's looking good to go for a decent amount of snaps.

I'm up 92-27 and I have Arian, Boldin, Sidney & the Giants DST-

The guy i'm playing has Eli, Bradshaw, Ray Rice & Nicks (he's committed to him). If my guys lay an egg, Ray does well and the GMen offense goes nuts in every facet.. I could be in for some drama. I can't be comfortable with that much still up in the air.. but if I get average production from my pieces.. i should be alright.

I'll add that the Brady/McFadden team i'm likely to face also has the Steelers.. all his matchups next week are pretty much fantastic; but i 'spose anything can happen with a 2-week title game.. Feels nice to possibly win a semis game; it's be a couple years since i've been in the big money; i lost a semis game last year and haven't had a big payout since '08.

Good luck dude.. you can be happy knowing that your real sports teams are looking amazing. I still can't believe the Sox have added both AGonz & CC, to the rest of that team.. And ya know the Pats are starting to look pretty good :rolleyes:

thanks good luck to you

I will gladly switch positions with you and take my chances with your situation. The only one of his guys that would really worry me is Rice and you should cancel him out with Foster.

Yeah thats the way i look at it also. Id rule out Steve Smith and pick between Nicks and Manningham. The bastard just put a poll on our site who should he start :huh: Ive found little updated info on Nicks but im not sharing it just in case the b@stard reads this :ninja:

I was fired up when i heard Sox signed Crawford. All i had been hearing was they were done spending and wanted a right handed bat. Then i was studying my fantasy crap about mid night and heard that come across MLB Network. Its not my money so go ahead and spend some cash. The only way gonna stay with Yankees is if they spend some $$$. Or be like the Rays and hope you have a good club every 10-15 years or so. I just hope the spending does not make them have to build a bigger ball park to pay for it all.

As a Giants fan, if there is any doubt, I want him to be 100% for next week's game against Eagles. We probably don't need him tonight against this lot of losers.

Thanks for the well wishes. I would have added who I thought would win your game.. but it's tough to call really. Arian seems to come through with scoring plays, even when he's mostly contained by the better defenses.. You know this well. man, has he been focking unreal for FF this year. When in doubt, i'd rather have the stud RB. :thumbsup:

I agree that my main watch is Ray Rice (and to an extent Eli & Bradshaw). Your deal hinges on Foster v. Boldin.. you're rooting for the Giants to go up early and to pull Nicks I guess.. I can't imagine they'd stick with Nicks for most of the game.. we're just looking out for the big play from him I reckon. Just hope they don't go down early.

On beisbol.. i'm a Spankmee fan.. have been since I could walk; but I like the way the current Bosox brain trust handles things much more. Or maybe I should say, their scouting dept. To home grow and hold onto guys like Lester & Bucholz.. and have enough depth to deal a Casey Kelly, etc. And on top of this, not get to bogged down by bad long term deals.. they really have their sh*t together. And that allows them to hit the FA market largely every couple years. To add the two guys they did this year, well, i'm bracing for a couple more rings from them over the next 4 yrs.

Enjoy the games.. i'll look for your reactions round here :music_guitarred:

I was fired up when i heard Sox signed Crawford. All i had been hearing was they were done spending and wanted a right handed bat. Then i was studying my fantasy crap about mid night and heard that come across MLB Network. Its not my money so go ahead and spend some cash. The only way gonna stay with Yankees is if they spend some $$$. Or be like the Rays and hope you have a good club every 10-15 years or so. I just hope the spending does not make them have to build a bigger ball park to pay for it all.

At first, it was a little bittersweet. I hate that baseball has turned into nothing but a "who has more money" sport...but I loved that the Red Sox made moves to compete with the Yankees. But then I wondered, how could I be happy about all this, when we just pulled the patented "Yankees offseason" by throwing money around.

Then I realized - we TRADED for Gonzalez, which means we actually gave up a fair amount of value in return, not that we were simply the biggest bidder. We were the biggest bidder for Crawford, inking him for $140 million. Even with an extension that we are sure to sign Gonzalez to ($150 million), we still only spend about $300 million this offseason. And we are letting walk 2 players who will sign $60+ million contracts (Martinez and Beltre). Member 2 offseasons ago? The Yankees added Tiexera, Sabathia, and Burnett ( :lol: ) for a whopping $400 million :huh:

Looking good thus far. But it looked like he tweaked a quad running a go route which Eli missed him on. He went back in, caught another pass but limped off....I NEED YOU NICKS!

How well, young Patssox. How well.

5 catches, 70 yards. No, wait--71 yards.

I know im done :( I went and played basketball so i didnt have to watch or look at scores and i see im done. Manningham going down means they will leave Nicks in extra long probably :wall:

Giant D is really putting a hurt on the Vikings...I can see him sitting the rest of the way for next weeks huge game against the Eagles. I hope they pull him, already won this week...

Giant D is really putting a hurt on the Vikings...I can see him sitting the rest of the way for next weeks huge game against the Eagles. I hope they pull him, already won this week...

I read that he was only supposed to play 2 or 3 quarters today anyway? pleeeeeeaseeee :(

Patsox, what's your status right now buddy?

Im scared to look :unsure: But i know Nicks has 8.5 and i had little over 8 point lead to start night. So if they keep him quite for last 10 minutes it will be Foster vs Boldin :(

I have a feeling the Giants are handing the ball off for the rest of the night....grind out the clock.

I have a feeling the Giants are handing the ball off for the rest of the night....grind out the clock.

I will kiss you if that is true :wub: :unsure:

My lead is down to 5.66 going against Nicks. :fingerscrossed: I had already kinda gave up but now I'm hoping to pull out a win. Probably the kiss of death with this much time still left.

My lead is down to 5.66 going against Nicks. :fingerscrossed: I had already kinda gave up but now I'm hoping to pull out a win. Probably the kiss of death with this much time still left.

I just read in the box score that Steve Smith left game with hamstring and Manningham left earlier so if i was a betting man id say they get Nicks out of there if they want any WRs left for next week :thumbsup:

My lead is now down to 3.56 with 2:00 minutes left and Giants with the ball at the 20 yard line in the redzone. Just need Nicks not to score a touchdown now or to get more than one catch.

Well.. just for PatSox matchup.. Foster should WAY cover Boldin with the Ravens up hugely.. it should be a lot of Rice, McGahee & McClain from here on out.

I'm looking good unless Rice breaks off a 2-3 huge TD runs. My total points lead is shrinking rapidly though.. Dumbass league has it run through Week 16.

It should be me and the superteam chasing me in the finals.. head-to-head.

Keep the faith! :doublethumbsup:

Well.. just for PatSox matchup.. Foster should WAY cover Boldin with the Ravens up hugely.. it should be a lot of Rice, McGahee & McClain from here on out.

I'm looking good unless Rice breaks off a 2-3 huge TD runs. My total points lead is shrinking rapidly though.. Dumbass league has it run through Week 16.

It should be me and the superteam chasing me in the finals.. head-to-head.

Keep the faith! :doublethumbsup:

DONT JYNX US :shocking:

Doh.. like Sgt. Schultz, I know nussing. :ninja:

Shouldnt even be in this situation :thumbsdown: Dam Oakland let MJD score which was worth 9 pts. Over 100 yards and TD

I hate OAKLAND :angry:

Dare I ask?

:unsure:

Im up 108.46 to 98.14 :unsure: Just please dont score a TD please :(