Sign in to follow this  
LSUtiger

MJD injury concerns?

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio was noncommittal Wednesday when asked about Maurice Jones-Drew's (knee) status for Week 16 against Washington.

Asked if MJD might miss the game, Del Rio replied "I hope not. ... The way I look at it, we're always optimistic. We get the information to go through the week. Get the feedback from the player, from the trainer, from the doctors and all that, then make a determination." Jones-Drew is tentatively expected to play, although he too was cautious when asked to make a prediction.

Source: Florida Times Union

I'm starting to get nervous about MJD this week. I figure he'll play, but how much? I don't want to start him and have him splitting snaps with Jennings and getting no goal line carries...

:unsure:

Don't worry. MJD is a beast. He'll play.

Interesting. I don't mean to pour salt in your wounds.. but I grabbed Jennings last week to spot start at my flex & am still locked in a 2-week slugfest for the big prize. It would be like a holiday gift, for me to have a real Jennings week from the Jax backfield. One more thing to wait on until just before gametime.

It would be funny, considering that I dealt MJD away earlier in season, cause I thought the whole team might slide down the tubes with their crappy QB play.

FF can be full of some weird twists n' turns :blink:

I'd bet he's fine dude.. Likely just some gamesmanship from Del Rio.. Not to say that he's completely 100%.. but this team really needs to win this week & can't afford a letdown, even against the scrubby Skins. I would imagine MJD will be in heavy workload mode.. but I guess we're just gonna have to wait n' see.

Grab Jennings if he's still available. Even if MJD goes, Jennings has been posting some great numbers as a backup.

If you learned anything from Peterson owners last week its to make sure that if you have a stud RB like MJD you grab their handcuff immediately. Jennings should already be on every MJD owners roster.

You guys talking about Jennings are missing the point. MJD isn't going to sit out this game. Thus, the concern isn't whether to "run out and grab Jennings", it's whether you even start MJD if you have a better option.

Personally, if MJD doesn't practice through Friday and Felix Jones doesn't play this weekend, I'm going to greatly consider starting Tashard Choice Saturday night over MJD.

The last thing I want to do is start a gimpy MJD and watch Jennings take all the passing downs and vulture a TD or two.

The Jags need to win out to make the playoffs. MJD isn't sitting.

Likewise, had the Vikings been in the playoff hunt, Peterson would have been on the field this past Monday.

I picked up Jennings. The point is, if it seems he will get enough touches, I'll sit Bradshaw. It really depends on how the news reports come out until game time. In my case, MJD isn't in the picture. That owner never even made the playoffs.

As an MJD owner I picked up Jennings a few weeks back after he started vultering TD's. I doubt MJD will sit because he's a tough dude and the game is important, but at this point I would much rather have him ruled out.

I think Jennings would potentially be a top 5 scorer this week handling that whole workload against the skins and who knows how much they are going to split things up. Even if MJD goes, del rio doesn't sound too excited about gettin him the ball a ton. :wall:

'Jones-Drew seemed upbeat in Wednesday's conference call with the Washington media before missing practice with the knee injury that flared up against the Raiders two weeks ago. He wasn't quite so carefree later in the day when asked about his treatment. "It didn't look too good last week," said Jones-Drew, "so hopefully we can get going here in the next couple days so we can get out there and run around, see how it feels." Don't be surprised to see MJD on the sidelines again Thursday.

Coach Jack Del Rio "hopes" that his star back will play this week while remaining "optimistic." The guess here is that Jones-Drew will gut it out, with his effectiveness in question after last week's 46-yard dud at Indy. If Rashad Jennings remains available, he's a must add waiver pickup this week.'

Right now I am thinking of flexing Jennings over Webb, Bush and Sid Rice.

Jennings has been productive when in a time share and even if MJD plays, it looks like Jennings will be in line for increased touches.

The real question here isn't who is starting Jennings, but who will stick with a gimpy MJD in a timeshare?

I'm in the position of having options to bench him for (Starting SJax, MJD, BJGE... have Torrain on the bench, Knox, and a few other midlevel options).

The real question here isn't who is starting Jennings, but who will stick with a gimpy MJD in a timeshare?

If he's definitely going to play I'm not sure how you bench him. MJD has been on the injury report all year and he still ends up getting 20+ touches per game. The matchup is solid, too.

:dunno: