Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

Minnesota's Defensive TD

Explain and justify how THAT touchdown counts against Philly's team defense. I'm outraged right now. F*** that.

Explain and justify how THAT touchdown counts against Philly's team defense. I'm outraged right now. F*** that.

On what site wouldn't it count against Philly's D?

It counts in CBS too :wall: Pisses me off damn it :mad: :mad:

I don't see how a defensive touchdown (pick six, fumble recovery) should count against a defense/special teams.

Most people here dislike Yahoo! leagues, but it's the one thing that they have done right. A team's defensive points allowed should be adjusted to not count these plays.

Are you focking serious?

in cbs, one of my league uses total offensive yards as the gauge of the defense. This removes this exact situation out of the equation...

You get 3 pts for a shutout, but after that, its 6 pts for < 230 points. And then it tiers like every 30 yards. So <260 gives you 5 pts, all the way to zero, but no negatives. I find this system the best for scoring tbh...

I commish an ESPN league and noticed this a couple years ago when we first started. Points against a team's offence (INT or fumble for TD) should not be counted against the DST's points allowed.

What I do every week is make DST adjustments for points allowed by defence/special teams. Ie, in this Philly DST case, their points allowed would drop from 24 to 18 (extra point is against the special teams), and then I'd add the point difference between the points allowed ranges to the GM affected.

It's a bit of a pain in the butt to do every week, but there's ways to manage it.

I have never seen a league where this wouldn't be counted as points against.

This is somethign you just noticed? If so, pay closer attention and I doubt this is your first year

Its always counted in leagues I play in. Just look at it like you are drafting the entire team as a defense. When Brett Favre throws a pick he is now part of your defense. stay away from teams that turn the ball over if you are so concerned about it. And not realizing what your leagues rules are until week 16 is pretty amazing.

I don't see how a defensive touchdown (pick six, fumble recovery) should count against a defense/special teams.

Most people here dislike Yahoo! leagues, but it's the one thing that they have done right. A team's defensive points allowed should be adjusted to not count these plays.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

+1 - Our Yahoo! league only considers the XP as "points against" your team defense. Now, you could even argue the XP shouldn't be counted as PA, but that's just picking nits now isn't it?