Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2011 NFL Draft Weekend Division Thread: NFC West

Okung, LG, Unger, Moffitt, Carpenter

Looks like we're only missing a FA named Gallery?

I'd like to see this, and Hass with a 2 or 3 year deal.

Replace Hass with Palmer and Im all over it. Also, since we have completely neglected the D-line so far (the linebacker might play LEO) I would hope resiging Mebane is a priority.

###### you, Jerry. ###### you.

God I can't wait for the Niners to wipe the floor with your ###### pick stealing pieces of ###### this year.

Fine. Give me focking Hynoski or Clay then. <_<

:cheers::overhead::doublethumbsup::banana:

###### you, Jerry. ###### you.

God I can't wait for the Niners to wipe the floor with your ###### pick stealing pieces of ###### this year.

Fine. Give me focking Hynoski or Clay then. <_<

I was saying the same thing when the Saints took Cam Jordan one pick before Seattle's. I hope they air a credit card commercial with Lynch stiff-arming Tracey Porter 5 years up field for the next year.

Geez, San Francisco still has 7 picks left. Time to build some depth.

Cards recent picks:

5th: Anthony Sherman, FB, UConn -- The Cards use a FB and he is one of the best in this draft. Also can catch, play special teams. Solid pick.

6th: Quan Sturdivant, ILB, UNC -- I love this pick; high upside guy with a lot of talent but some injury and other issues last year. Also fills a need.

6th (from Wash): David Carter, DT, UCLA -- Only 293 lbs., projects as a DE in the Cards 3-4 rotation.

I'm happier now -- front 7 depth was our most glaring need IMO (well, and that QB thingy) and we've got 3 solid guys (including Acho).

Looking at Kris Durham's #'s I was worried. Dude did next to nothing until his final season. Watching this highlight video made me a little more hopeful.

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2011/4/22/2121479/seahawks-sleeper-watch-georgia-wr-kris-durham

just out of curiosity (because you are one of the hawks fans i kind of respect and know i can get a legit, adult answer from you), what type of credentials does the lead writer or writers of "fieldgulls" have?

i remember my buddy Flahawker used to love playing the "no facts" game yet would routinely use fieldgulls to support his arguments.

also i find myself uninspired with the hawks draft, although i like that they continued to address the offensive line. Leads me to believe they think Hass can still lead this team if kept healthy, which I agree with. Although it's a little disappointing that they didn't grab a project QB as Whitehurst clearly is not the answer. should be an interesting division this year. I think Rams and 49ers will battle for the crown but Seatle could be right there as well.

just out of curiosity (because you are one of the hawks fans i kind of respect and know i can get a legit, adult answer from you), what type of credentials does the lead writer or writers of "fieldgulls" have?

i remember my buddy Flahawker used to love playing the "no facts" game yet would routinely use fieldgulls to support his arguments.

also i find myself uninspired with the hawks draft, although i like that they continued to address the offensive line. Leads me to believe they think Hass can still lead this team if kept healthy, which I agree with. Although it's a little disappointing that they didn't grab a project QB as Whitehurst clearly is not the answer. should be an interesting division this year. I think Rams and 49ers will battle for the crown but Seatle could be right there as well.

This is going to be a long one

I can't speak for the guys currently writing for Fieldgulls. Up until he left a few months ago, John Morgan was an excellent writer. Smart guy who was passionate about the hawks but did a good job of not letting that cloud his writing and analysis (as good of a job as one could expect). He also thought outside the box and brought up points that I never would have thought of. I dont dislike anybody currently writing for Fieldgulls but the quality has taken a hit since his departure. Currently, I've been hitting up Seahawksdraftblog.com daily and find Rob Staton to be very credible.

As for the draft.....well Im willing to wait and see. I'm cool with Carpenter and Moffit and have high hopes for them improving the offensive line. Far from sexy picks but the Seattle running game was a joke wrapped up in an abomination last year. I trust Tom Cable. Would have been sweet to have a shot at Pouncey!

The secondary definitely needs help, but not quite to the tune of 3 DB's. We already started breaking in 4 young guys in our secondary last year. I suppose the forgone conclusion that Kelly Jennings wont be resigned played into that.

QB and D-line were neglected completely and that worries me. I'm going to assume a deal will be made for Carson Palmer as soon as the labor BS gets sorted out. Same thing with resigning Brandon Mebane. This draft was pregnant with athletic defensive lineman, and as I stated before, Im shocked we didnt jump on one of them. Even if they trade for Palmer I still would have liked to see a flier taken out on a guy like Mcelroy (could have had him 2nd pick of the 7th). I view Whitehurst as a sunk cost and a 1 year backup at best. I'll be pissed if the Palmer deal falls through and we are forced to commit to another 2-3 years of Hasselbeck with nobody promising in the wings. I'll never forgive this franchise for passing on Ryan Mallett twice (unless he snorts himself out of the league).

We're still paying the price for making the playoffs and winning a playoff game. It was immensely frustrating to watch Cameron Jordan go the pick before us in the 1st and Rodney Hudson, Stephen Paea, and Marvin Austin all fly off the board right before our 2nd. So to anybody that got their panties in a bunch over a 7-9 team making the postseason..go fist yourself.

Now on to the rest of the division:

Arizona

Patrick Peterson was a no-brainer at #5 for the Cards. On paper he looks like a beast of a corner but there have been a lot of concerns about his coverage skill and murmers he'll need to be moved to safety. Ryan Williams was a good need pick because Beanie is a poosay. Housler is intriguing at TE, but with AZ's history at that position I'll believe it when I see it.

San Francisco

I think The Niners reached on Aldon Smith. I like Smith but I did not expect him to go that high. A couple months ago I had a glimmer of hope that he could even fall to Seattle. I think Quinn should have been the pick. I'm sure Hawkfin HATED this pick.

I was a bit jealous Frisco got Kaepernick, but 2 more years of Alex Smith while Colin learns to be a pro puts a smile on my face. :lol:

St. Louis

Quinn was who San Fran should have drafted. That defensive line scares the sh!t out of me now. The tumor and the year off adds a good deal of risk, but the payoff should be huge.

As a Boise State fan, I've seen a ton of Austin Pettis and agree he could be a decent possession WR. There were a lot of ticked Seahawk fans when we passed on Salas for Durham. Always nice to add targets for your young QB, especially when you're the only team in your division to have anything resembling a QB. Kudos to the Atlanta Falcons for mortgaging their future to move up and ensure Julio Jones wouldnt slide to the Rams.

All in all, it would have been nice to draft with the rest of the division but I dont feel they lit the league on fire either. With as many high picks as these teams have accumulated over the past decade, you would think one of them could step up and win 8 games without Kurt Warner.

If we land Palmer, the division is ours. If not, St. Louis should be able to pull off what they should have pulled off last year. I'm done placing any kind of offseason love on the Niners...go out and prove it kids. If the Cards cant come up with more then Mark Bulger at QB they'll be pulling up the rear.

also i find myself uninspired with the hawks draft,

“We think we have found guys who fit what we’re looking for,” Carroll said. “We don’t care what anybody else thinks or what anybody else’s opinion is.”

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/05/01/1647789/speak-softly-deliver-big-hits.html#ixzz1L6wk2zGX

I guess Pete carroll isn't losing any sleeep over the fact that you are unispired. :rolleyes:

I'll never forgive this franchise for passing on Ryan Mallett twice (unless he snorts himself out of the league).

Two words: Dan McGwire. Mallett is no franchise QB and doesn't fit what Carroll wants to do. I mean it's not like they passed on Peyton Manning.

I guess Pete carroll isn't losing any sleeep over the fact that you are unispired. :rolleyes:

That concludes the personal attack portion of this thread. Back to football talk, thank you.

That concludes the personal attack portion of this thread. Back to football talk, thank you.

Ja Wohl, Mein Fuhrer!

Two words: Dan McGwire. Mallett is no franchise QB and doesn't fit what Carroll wants to do. I mean it's not like they passed on Peyton Manning.

Sorry, McGwire could not throw a football or read a defense like Mallett. Neither could Rick Mirer. Mallett's only problem is keeping his head on straight off the field.

Kiper grading Seattle's draft

Seattle Seahawks : D+

Top needs: QB, OT, WR, DL

Summary: By passing on Andy Dalton, the clear impression is that Seattle has other plans (or hopes to) at quarterback. Could it be Carson Palmer or Kevin Kolb? I hope the Seahawks have better plans for quarterback than they appeared to in terms of adding value here. Carpenter fits a need, but was a reach with better tackle available. Moffitt can help this offensive line, but I didn't see guard as a top need. Wright was a reach on my board, as was Durham, a wideout out of Georgia who may have been around much, much later. The Seahawks then made some sensible picks in the secondary, but at what impact that late? They did nothing really to help the defensive line and their sense of value was questionable. The positive might be that this is a very young team, and you suspect Pete Carroll expects improvement. I just don't know if he added much this weekend.

I had no problem seeing him give Seattle a D, in fact I expected it. But beginning his blurb by ragging on Seattle for not wasting their 1st round pick on soulless Andy Dalton immediately causes him to lose credibility. And who's the ultimate know-all on when a team "reaches" for a player? There were rumors that Chicago, Pittsburgh and Green Bay all had an eye on Carpenter...I dont know how they valued him compared to Carimini or Sherrod...but there was obviously no way he was making it back to Seattle with their 2nd round pick.

Before the 2nd round started, Pat Kirwan (who's better then Kiper) mocked John Moffitt to Seattle at #57. Seattle traded down and took Moffitt at the 75th pick.

Durham was talked about as a 6th-7th round sleeper before the draft, but who's to say somebody else wasn't planning on nabbing him a couple rounds early? It's not like Carroll is Al Davis, batshit crazy. It makes me laugh that ESPN actually charges money to read what Kiper and McShay think.

I do agree with him on not addressing the defensive line, but you can only fill so many holes in one draft, especially when you're picking in the back of every round. I'm glad they came to the draft with at least some kind of plan..something the former front office never did.

I would personally give Seattle a C+ because I think they went a little overboard with the DB's and could have spent at least one mid-round pick on a defensive lineman.

Also, I realize in an above post I called Aldon Smith a reach by the Niners. I like Smith and would have loved to see him available at pick 25. I would have taken Quinn. I still think Smith was a solid pick and definitely better then drafting Gabbert or Prince Amakmara.

Evan Silva was far more forgiving

Seattle Seahawks

25. James Carpenter, tackle, Alabama.

75. John Moffitt, guard, Wisconsin.

99. K.J. Wright, linebacker, Mississippi State.

107. Kris Durham, wide receiver, Georgia.

154. Richard Sherman, defensive back, Stanford.

156. Mark LeGree, safety, Appalachian State.

173. Byron Maxwell, special teamer, Clemson.

205. Lazarius Levingston, defensive tackle, LSU.

242. Malcolm Smith, linebacker, USC.

Overview: Seattle made an effort to get more physical in the trenches, and came away successful. Carpenter and Moffitt are all-out brawlers and could both start in season one. Don't believe what you read elsewhere: Carpenter was NOT a reach. For some reason, Wright flew under the pre-draft radar. He is a high-impact player who, at the very least, will be an imposing special teamer. Maxwell was one of the top gunners in college football, while Durham, Sherman, and Smith all add impressive speed to the roster. LeGree was the premier ballhawk in the draft.

Grade: B+

I'm not as high on Wright, but have to admit I know very little about him. It'll be nice to control the line on offense (at least someday) and we now have an abundance of young talent in the secondary.

The downside is even if we resign Mebane we're still VERY thin on the d-line. A couple injuries hit and we're getting manhandled just like last year against the Raiders, Bucs, Chiefs, Falcons, Giants and the second game vs. the Niners.I suppose having a better o-line and running game can counteract this through ball-control and time of posession.

this has to be one of the dumber posts ive seen around here.

why would i expect Pete Carroll to care what I, or any other non hawk fan thinks? Hell, he probably shouldnt even worry what hawks fans think of the draft. He has a job to do and so long as he is confident, thats all that really matters... until maybe 3-4 years down the road when we know for sure.

:rolleyes: ... you reek of alias.

Kiper grading Seattle's draft

I had no problem seeing him give Seattle a D, in fact I expected it. But beginning his blurb by ragging on Seattle for not wasting their 1st round pick on soulless Andy Dalton immediately causes him to lose credibility. And who's the ultimate know-all on when a team "reaches" for a player? There were rumors that Chicago, Pittsburgh and Green Bay all had an eye on Carpenter...I dont know how they valued him compared to Carimini or Sherrod...but there was obviously no way he was making it back to Seattle with their 2nd round pick.

Before the 2nd round started, Pat Kirwan (who's better then Kiper) mocked John Moffitt to Seattle at #57. Seattle traded down and took Moffitt at the 75th pick.

Durham was talked about as a 6th-7th round sleeper before the draft, but who's to say somebody else wasn't planning on nabbing him a couple rounds early? It's not like Carroll is Al Davis, batshit crazy. It makes me laugh that ESPN actually charges money to read what Kiper and McShay think.

I do agree with him on not addressing the defensive line, but you can only fill so many holes in one draft, especially when you're picking in the back of every round. I'm glad they came to the draft with at least some kind of plan..something the former front office never did.

I would personally give Seattle a C+ because I think they went a little overboard with the DB's and could have spent at least one mid-round pick on a defensive lineman.

Also, I realize in an above post I called Aldon Smith a reach by the Niners. I like Smith and would have loved to see him available at pick 25. I would have taken Quinn. I still think Smith was a solid pick and definitely better then drafting Gabbert or Prince Amakmara.

not sure how i feel about Dalton. I wouldn't be losing any sleep that my team passed on him if i were a seattle fan.

however, i don't like Mallett.

ive been on record saying i feel Locker and Ponder will prove to be the best. I even think both of those guys went a bit high... scretch that, i definately think they went a bit high. Just because i like them best doesn't meant they deserved to be top 12 picks but it is what it is and their teams were picking at a big need.

Hass can give Seattle a bit more with protection. Im just curious what their next step is for the future of the position.

not sure how i feel about Dalton. I wouldn't be losing any sleep that my team passed on him if i were a seattle fan.

however, i don't like Mallett.

ive been on record saying i feel Locker and Ponder will prove to be the best. I even think both of those guys went a bit high... scretch that, i definately think they went a bit high. Just because i like them best doesn't meant they deserved to be top 12 picks but it is what it is and their teams were picking at a big need.

Hass can give Seattle a bit more with protection. Im just curious what their next step is for the future of the position.

I'm thinking and hoping Palmer. He boosts the team now, and buys us another 4 years to develop somebody else. If that falls through I would look to Kolb. I'm not in love with Kolb, and dont feel he has proven all that much, but he's our youngest option (and most expensive) and gives us more hope then Hass.

Hass should be our 3rd fallback option only. He looked sharp in the playoffs, but that doesnt erase three years of injuries and sub-par play. You can put a little of that on the team around him, but he deserves a good share of the blame as well. Im ready to move on.

I think the seahawks attacking the o-line is a good plan solely for the draft. The eagles did the same at least with a couple of their picks and both teams have outstanding offensive line coaches now.

I was not a fan of any of these quarterbacks in terms of being thrown into starting for a mediocre or mid-range team their first year. Seattle is best served to get a veteran like Palmer.

The most difficult aspect of judging this draft is that its not the quintessential end of the roster improvement phase of the offseason. If a team like Seattle can get a veteran quarterback and some help defensively, this draft will be viewed a success.

this has to be one of the dumber posts ive seen around here.

why would i expect Pete Carroll to care what I, or any other non hawk fan thinks? Hell, he probably shouldnt even worry what hawks fans think of the draft. He has a job to do and so long as he is confident, thats all that really matters... until maybe 3-4 years down the road when we know for sure.

:rolleyes: ... you reek of alias.

I like how you blatantly disregard the Führer's comments.

Well, I've calmed down some now even though I still can't believe we passed on R. Mallett twice, Gabe in the 1st, and B. Harris/CB in the 2nd, not to mention J. Smith and Ingram even though I never liked J. Smith.. With these passings I absolutey didn't even watch day 3 I was so pissed. I think we possibly passed on the next Manning/Rivers/Brady or the next Emmitt Smith with passing on Ingram as well. (although we are not ready for RB yet)

I think Mallett might be NE's future QB now. They know what they are doing and they draft great. I felt we "REACHED" on almost every pick and took them earlier then they should have went.

However, after taking a breath (and getting over my Mallett love) I decided to go back and take an honest look at each of our picks and really think harder about the choices they made per possition.

I still think Carpenter was a bit of a reach - I think he could be very solid. Looks great at times and should be a great RT or guard. But, sometimes he looks SO lazy/slow/and knees give out. Almost like he's hurt. He could be in trouble on a speed rush. He still looks like a 2nd rounder to me, but solid. He'll be a solid starter at least. But, we could have got this quality of player later - See Moffit.

Moffit - I like this guy allot after I reviewed it. Funny that he was Gabe's partner who we passed on in the 1st. I still think we didn't get enough in the trade and it costed us Mallett/B. Harris. We should have got more like all the other teams were getting. But, I like Moffit allot. I think he'll be better then Carpenter.

(But we should have traded down in the 1st, not the 2nd. (We could have still got Moffit with a new 3rd, then the 2nd round pick could have been used for Mallett or B. Harris or whatever)

But, with both these guy's we now solidify the Oline. Of course soon we will realize that we have no playmakers behind them, but at least it's a start and were building the foundation. So the picks make sense, but if you're going to bring in the big time coach then why do you need to spend all you're early picks there too. I guess they want to be dominant.

-The LB might turn out to be real nice - Lots of tackles in his carear. He was a day 1 prospect. So decent pick even though the possition had me puzzled some.

-The WR seemed early also (No production hardley) so it seemed like another reach - BUT, this guy looks very nice. IF used more he may have even been a great prospect. He's tall and fast and can play the slot which more and more teams are using to perfection. (Welker/Collie/Etc.) This guy really gets my interest. He can absolutley destroy folks on blocks and can get deep. Seems to catch everything. From what I can tell, his QB ignored him allot and always looked to Green. The offense spread it around allot too. But, his YPA was the highest of any wide in the draft. He could be very interesting as a slot reciever for us.

-This is getting long - But I also love that they drafted more corners, cause we need them. We need to find replacements. These also seemed like reaches as they were hardley even rated by most mags, sites, but they have all the measurables. They are all pretty tall and fast. Maxwell could turn out to be good.

-Kinda like the FS too as that is actually a need also.

For now, I'll leave it at that other then my grade: C- (However, I think these players will all give us depth/starters - NO stars)

PROBLEMS:

-We still seemed to reach rather then taking BPA. I would almost say we could get every pick a round later. (This concerns me for our future drafts - Unlike last year)

-We picked guy's with past injuries - Yet eliminated guy's like Bowers for his injuries. (I guess they do this late in the draft, but not early in the draft - Makes sense I guess)

-We passed on Mallett twice. (He was off our board obviously - mistake)

I'm not a big Palmer fan and I don't think this is in our best Interest. We would probably have to give picks for that move. I'm not a fan of that at all. I hope this isn't our plan. We need to think about grooming a young QB, which they seem to not want to bother with. MY HOPE, is that they just want to solidify the Oline first and get that in place before they put a young QB to the wolves. But, if they are doing this then I would hope they "PLUG" that QB right in rather then groom for 2-3 years. (Here's hoping for Luck :)

I still kind of think the Seahawks think Whitehurst is there future QB though. :(

Overall - I'm dissapointed we did not land Mallett or even Colin Kaep. (Didn't realize Colin Kap had over 20 rushing TD's - S.F. had a great draft)

I would have traded down in the first to get the 3rd, then got Mallett/Colin, then got B. Harris, then took 2 Oline guy's like Moffit who were still solid all the way through the 4th.

I question there trading ablility - NE absolutley torches people in trades. They have more 1st's and 2nd's next year now. We need to take a leason. Not sure why teams keep giving them future picks.

I'm great with the Carpenter, Moffitt, Wright and Durhnam picks.

The rest I don't know. But you knew Carroll was going to add day 3 defense depth and special teams play.

I would say my wish list from here on would be to sign Gallery, and resign Hass, and Mebane first and foremost. And lets hope we can have some sort of camp for Carroll to throw everything together.

As far as ESPN: Kiper and McShay go. I thought Gruden was better than both of them combined.

At several times he was even laughing at Kipers breakdowns.

I'm not sure how Mayock looks at NFL C. I was to busy enjoying my new man crush

Jon Gruden. :wub:

Looking at our draft, I am starting to wonder if we are going to make a shift to a full out 3-4. Our secondary was weak, and we loaded up on a ton of secondary help, the linebackers were probably our best depth and they got better too. I wonder if they have dreams of employing the green bay style 3-4? Only problem there is we don't have Dom Capers. It might make sense in that Mebane is big enough to play a 3-4 nose tackle and red bryant is the epitome of a 3-4 end. Then we can rotate in and out on the other end spot. Does Bradely have any experience with the 3-4 or is this a possible disconnect between the GM and the coaching staff?

I am concerned we seemed to go with a quantity over quality approach but I think that was our only option. I love that we seem to have rebuilt our O-line to Cable's specs. They are really putting Cable on the hot seat with this draft, it looks like they expressly got the guys he wanted. I am glad we started building in the trenches first, although I am confused why we didnt get more D-Line help.

On the divisional front:

I think the Rams got better, the 49ers stayed the same talent wise but improve in the standings by having a coach that is competent, and the Cardinals stayed the same until they get a QB.

It pains me to say it but the Rams have the talent to win the division for the next few years. The 49ers think they have a contender except for the lack of a QB so they are at best a .500 team until they get a legit QB and they need it now not a developmental guy. The Cardinals and Seahawks are in rebuilding modes but only one of those teams admits or acknowledges it. :doh:

I love Durham's highlights. That jump ball grab over 3 defenders and that "interception" grab on a horrible pass (their QB SUCKED) where he reached out in front of the defender were beautiful. He also flashed some wheels on screens.

After he was drafted, KC called up Caroll to congratulate him because they were going to take him that round. They called him George McFly at UGA. :lol:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6635/kris-durham

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/38211

Nick (Wisconsin)

I've got AJ Green and Patrick Peterson as the respective Offensive and Defensive Rookie of the year. Who do you got winning it?

Mel Kiper (2:57 PM)

I don't know who's going to throw the ball to AJ Green. If it's Andy Dalton, I would have to ammend that. If it's Carson Palmer, then you might be right. It's tough for CB to learn right away and adjust to NFL receivers. I'd probably go with Aldon Smith on defense and Mark Ingram on offense.

:banana: I feel quite a bit better about our "reach" every day.

Good, honest review of Seattle's draft.

If any Hawk fans havent checked 17 Power out, its not a bad new site. There have been some great blogs/articles over the past couple months.

The best point made was how we could have taken Jurrell Casey, Drake Nevis, or Kenrick Ellis in the 3rd and still selected Clint Boling at guard with the 99th pick. A lot of hindsight tied to that point, but it would have better addressed my biggest complaint with the draft, the defensive line.

Im pumped (as Carroll would say) to see what Moffitt does for the team but its still fun to nitpick and think about what could have been.

I was OK with the Aldon Smith pick when it happened. I had seen him going 11-14 in mock drafts, so I just figured they really liked him. I was a little curious as to why they picked him over Quinn, but it could very well be the 49ers were one of those teams rumored to have concerns about his medical history. Since they're both in the same division, only time will tell as to who made the right call.

On the divisional front:

I think the Rams got better, the 49ers stayed the same talent wise but improve in the standings by having a coach that is competent, and the Cardinals stayed the same until they get a QB.

It pains me to say it but the Rams have the talent to win the division for the next few years. The 49ers think they have a contender except for the lack of a QB so they are at best a .500 team until they get a legit QB and they need it now not a developmental guy. The Cardinals and Seahawks are in rebuilding modes but only one of those teams admits or acknowledges it. :doh:

if the cardinals can land a QB, such as Kolb, they are not a rebuilding team. They still have Fitz, Wells/Hightower, Breaston.... Wilson, DRC and now Peterson in the secondary. This is a good team with good coaches only 2 years removed from a SB appearance.

Don't watch alot of the Cardinals so maybe I am way off base but from what I have seen:

I am not a believer in the Cardinals O-Line, that line is actually extremely bad at pass blocking. Their defense is loaded with talent but for some reason it's not as good as it should be. Bad coaching, underachievers on defense, or bad fit for system I dont know why, but that defense should be a lot better than it is. They could be just worn out since the offense has been so bad this happened to Seattles defense all last year.

Also it is looking like the window closed on that offense the second Warner retired, you lost Boldin and I think Fitzgerald wants out at the end of the year. RB has been a horror show and they never really used the TE much. I think Wisenhunt is trying to convert to a heavy run type offense but so far has missed on the RB's.

If they land Kolb maybe they contend for the playoffs but I think he gets killed behind that O-line, Palmer or Bulger would be even worse with their injury history.

Don't watch alot of the Cardinals so maybe I am way off base but from what I have seen:

I am not a believer in the Cardinals O-Line, that line is actually extremely bad at pass blocking. Their defense is loaded with talent but for some reason it's not as good as it should be. Bad coaching, underachievers on defense, or bad fit for system I dont know why, but that defense should be a lot better than it is. They could be just worn out since the offense has been so bad this happened to Seattles defense all last year.

Also it is looking like the window closed on that offense the second Warner retired, you lost Boldin and I think Fitzgerald wants out at the end of the year. RB has been a horror show and they never really used the TE much. I think Wisenhunt is trying to convert to a heavy run type offense but so far has missed on the RB's.

If they land Kolb maybe they contend for the playoffs but I think he gets killed behind that O-line, Palmer or Bulger would be even worse with their injury history.

the o-line may be a concern but Boldin wasn't getting any younger and i think they were more than comfortable having Breaston move up. They still have Wells/Hightower and drafted Ryan Williams so that backfield should be solid one way or another. And if they trade for a QB or bring one in via free agency, I think Fitz will stay.

as for defense, the loss of Dansby was bigger than people realized but they still have the makings of a good one, especially in that secondary. Peterson, DRC and Wilson is a nice group. Rhodes is decent as well.

basically, i don't see their window as closed, especially coming out of that division.